Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

No, coz, I rather weep. by Burrito Bunny

Artist Burrito Bunny [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

No, coz, I rather weep.

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:04 am

"This love feel I, that feel no love in this.
Dost thou not laugh?"

"No, coz, I rather weep."

"Good heart, at what?"

"At thy good heart's oppression."

"Why, such is love's transgression.
Griefs of mine own lie heavy in my breast,
Which thou wilt propagate, to have it prest
With more of thine. This love that thou hast shown
Doth add more grief to too much of mine own.
Love is a smoke made with the fumes of sighs;
Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes;
Being vexed, a she nourished with loving tears.
What is it else? A madness most discreet,
A chocking gall, and a preserving sweet.
Farewell, my coz."

"Soft! I will go along.
And if you leave me so you do me wrong."

-William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
XX Act I, Scene i, lines 178-193

So...yeah. My English class is reading/acting out Romeo and Juliet, and I was struck with the sudden desire to draw one of my personal favorite scenes out. But, I didn't really feel like drawing humans so they ended up being weird cat like creatures. Oh well. I just had to get this out of my brain. Oh, and for the record, the clock is off for I only worked on it bit by bit on the side, never actually sitting down to strictly work on this until the very end.

In this scene Romeo (the darker one) is being confronted by his cousin Benvolio (the lighter one) as to why he is always so sad. Romeo speaks of his love, but she doesn't love him back (this is not Juliet, just some other girl named Rosaline). Benvolio offers his comfort, showing that he really cares for Romeo and his well being, and that the fact that his cousin is sad makes him sad as well. This does not cheer Romeo up though, for he only feels worse for making one as kind as Benvolio share in his depression. Benvolio is determined not to let Romeo go off and sulk by himself though.

So yeah, I like this scene because I think Benvolio is so kind a sweet. He really puts up with this super depressed, moaning Romeo really well, and I think it shows a lot of true friendship, even if Mercurio is supposed to be his best friend. Just my thoughts! I'd love to hear yours.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me