The Rhyme

"The Rhyme" by Dusk Gem

Dressup entry

The Rhyme

Postby Dusk Gem » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:03 am

This picture is my interpretation of The Rhyme by Scratch21.
The pet in question was chosen because the design looks as if the pet went through many changes to please a large audience, eventually ending in a mismatched stuffed toy look.

The clothing was chosen to represent the pet attempting to please society by bending to their standards, yet still show the pet's past attempts of being accepted while the stitched in smile and tears showed the desire to fit in, though still hiding the pain.

The paint puddles represent failed makeup appearances.

The plasma heads and shadowy creatures represent the torment the pet goes through because it cannot fit in with everyone else, thus taunting the pet and mocking it for society's high standards.

The song, The Rhyme, is a song about how bullying can affect someone. Specifically, this photograph was inspired by these lines:

- The voices won't stop (The taunting and insults)

- The mirrors echo everything they've said. (The creatures echo the insults the pet receives)

- To rise and shine is so hard to do when all the light has been taken from you. (The pet is in a shadowy forest with very little/dim lighting.)

- I remember every kitchen sink surgery where family had to stitch me back together. (The stitches)

- Their words were invisible ink that they tattooed on our skin. (The stitches once more)
Dusk Gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me