Brindle Dapple Bloody Rose Grey Freckled Tobiano JUDGED by iAmDiversity

Based on Click to view
Artist iAmDiversity [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Brindle Dapple Bloody Rose Grey Freckled Tobiano JUDGED

Postby iAmDiversity » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:26 pm

This girl have been such a pain to make due to oekaki being extremely laggy and even bugging! D:
But she is finally done and I even did it without pen pressure xD

To win this girl write a halloween themed story between 500-1000 words.
The contest will end at midnight 6/11.You may pretty up the form a little (ex color and fonts), but try to keep it as simple as possible. You will be judged solely on the quality of the story.

Bentley wrote:Username: Bentley
Name: Liliel
Type: Runner
Height: 105 cm
Story (500-1000 words): - cut -
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Looking for any eggs
or chameleons from
this litter!
Pet's name: Moon Moon
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Brindle Dapple Bloody Rose Grey Freckled Tobiano

Postby stabbrielle » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Username:
Name:
Story (500-1000 words):
stabbrielle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Good.Pointe » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:54 am

-dropping out, Good Luck to everyone, I simply have no time xc-
Last edited by Good.Pointe on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good.Pointe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bears » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:07 am

Username: August H. Krupski
Name: Mononoke
Story: wippy wip

adopts // leave a note

bears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kortico » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:24 am

Username: slit
Name: salem
Story (500-1000 words):
There would be no silence this night. It happened every year, Salem learned to keep track. The little foals and their mothers went about collecting treats, all smiles and screams of both joy and fear. Salem grew accustomed to the heavy hush that would normally fall over her forest, grey and hanging trees always still aside from the rustle of the wind. It had an order to it- very organized, very predictable. The doe liked it this way, but on this night the chilling echoes of laughter and movement sounded like drums in her ears. There was curiosity that filled her, mingling in with the annoyance that fools would dare bother to disrupt her already perfect, habitual lull of quiet. They would not come by here- the foals, the families. Salem knew they feared her, thought her insane, or simply did not know of her existence here in these dead forests- where actually nothing was quite dead at all. Her and the forest critters found this place their domain. Hooves broke the orange and red spines of leaves as the faded crimson mare moved along a narrow trail, well beaten and worn from years of use. Leaves scattered across it, blown in from the Northern winds to create a wonderfully colorful carpet for one like herself to walk down. Just beyond the slow gurgle of the river preparing itself to freeze over, just beyond the crack and crunch of the ground below her she knew of streets. Large fields, pristine and grassy, never any objects to poke or to prod, with wide dirt roads chiseled with the hoofprints of this busy night. Salem knew where to find it.
Sharp blue orbs flicked back and forth, once to the left and once to the right before they settled before her. The moon was round and full tonight, fat and happy some might say. It would hang golden and proud in the black velvet of the night sky, but the light it casts in streaks and spirals across her land would be silver, dull blue in color. Just enough for her to stay hidden, but not blinded by the branches that caught and tug at fur. It would be a long distance, one that would not take her all night but one that could find her lost if she stopped listening to those haunting noises. A world that seemed to be another to the doe. Unreachable, full of those who would very so throw her as an outcast and hold her down until she would stay there and accept it. Just ahead, as the trees began to break- she would stop her trek. It would not be safe to be seen, so Salem kept careful and cautious behind the first cover of ashy trunks. Soft yellow and orange lights flicked all across the field, occasionally wisping away into thin swirls as a crisp breeze bit at the face and the ears, before they would settle once more with the night. Happy young ones- concerned mothers gossiping about, that is what she could see. Moving up and down the dirt roads, foals racing each other in circles for goodies. There was a constant hum of noise but she failed to make out any direct conversations. This is how this night normally went. Salem would watch this other world, this different side of society she is a lot less familiar with- until a curious foal spots her as they do every year, whispers to her mother or friend and nods her way. Then, in a few seconds it would take to look away she would gather herself and make silently her way to the heart of her silent land.
kortico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iAmDiversity » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:59 am

Just a reminder that this contest is closing tomorrow at midnight server time!
Looking for any eggs
or chameleons from
this litter!
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:40 am

Username: Bentley
Story (500-1000 words):
    Old stories say that there are things that wander the fields where the dead are buried, and that, one night a year, the veil is thin enough that they return, wanting revenge, or demanding the living find a way to restore them to life – for who says that the virtuous elderly being must pass on while the unsavory, criminals in youth live on?

Liliel had only lived in the outskirts of the massive field that had held so many bloody battles in the shadow of the castle and its walls for a handful of months, after being separated from her family in the mists, fogs and smoke that had battered their home earlier in the fall. She enjoyed the peace in the old battlefield; few ventured out to visit, and those who did weren’t prepared to capture a stray sheep, let alone a sprightly nukitta. Her herd, currently a handful of doleful cattle and a frumpy mule, let her graze and seek shelter with them without complaint.

It was a good arrangement. But she wasn’t prepared for All Hallow’s Eve.

The moon rose with a heavy tension in the air, its bright light stretching the shadows of the grave markers that stuck up from the ground like so many thousands of oddly-shaped, uniform tree sprouts. The livestock had been pulled behind the castle walls for the night, leaving Liliel to rest alone, but sleep was hard to come by as the light slowly shifted. The trees, barren of leaves, clattered against each other in the wind. Pale eyes stared out fearfully, trying and failing to pick out shapes in the vast, jagged shadows. Far in the distance, something howled, and behind her, several birds cried out.

She didn’t jump. Not yet.

Something, some little light, flickered into being in the pale, ghastly glow of the moon, just over the hill – a quick sprint away, but a decent distance at a normal, easy clip. An echo of a command, and a flash of what could have been metal if it she couldn’t see the gnarled branches through it, and the field-!

All around her, translucent humans in nearly-invisible armor melted into visibility, their weapons raised and glinting with every promise of danger that normal, substantial weapons possessed. They passed on either side of her flanks, never touching her back hooves as they spread to cover every inch of her tail as it coiled under her, never brushing her mane, though the shoulder-plates came within inches of her raised, over-alert head.

On the other side of the hill, a cry answered. And the ghostly swords clattered against each other, metal smashing against metal and, somewhere around the edges of the field, the blaze of a fire that burned years and years ago was alight again, swallowing the edges of the woods that proudly framed the southern and eastern borders.

Liliel’s voice had left her, fleeing with terror while her hooves refused to leave the ground. She couldn’t move, instead facing down the spirits of the cavalry as they charged behind the foot soldiers, long lances at the ready.

They never touched her.

All at once, and as suddenly as it had started, the echoes of the dead vanished, leaving only the squall of a grumpy crow as it snoozed, and the strangeness in the wind that foretold of another breach in the veil – soon.

She didn’t pause, didn’t doubt; with only a tiny, half-hearted peep, she scampered away to the shelter of the closest peasant’s farm, trusting the living to have defenses against the spirits of the deceased.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NuclearCaiman » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:31 am

Username:
TwistedArtz
Name:
Phooka
Type:
Runner
Height:
105 cm
Story (500-1000 words):
(I went 8 words over! I apologize!)
The soft rustle of leaves underfoot was the only real noise in the massive forest. The birds had finished their songs before the sun had gone down, the animals belonging to the day light bedding down for the night to avoid the things that hunted in the light of the moon. The red haired girl twirled through the autumn leaves, kicking up crimson red and pumpkin orange oak leaves as she spun. She danced to music that only she could hear, music that echoed from under the hillside that came from deep underground. The girl’s green eyes bright as she laughed, stopping her dance to continue roaming back towards her house whose light she could see from here atop the hill in the distance.
After a good few minutes of care free jogging it finally hit her, and it hit her hard. She was making to progress, the light never grew any nearer and stayed in the distance out of reach. Sophia’s chest heaved from her running, her hands shaking slightly as she glanced around the forest for a way out that should have been visible by now. But the trees had only grown thicker, their branches tangling overhead like hands clasped together. The oddest thing was that they now lacked their leaves, all of them did and there were none to be found on the ground either. This was an entirely new section of forest, one the girl had never before seen with different trees mixed in among the oaks.
Sophia was lost even though she hadn’t strayed from the well-traveled path.
Her legs trembled as she trudged on, yanking the heavy winter coat tighter around her slight frame as the cold set in. Green eyes filled with tears as she kept walking trying to ignore anything other than the path in front of her. Or at least that’s what she was trying to do till a small white-blue light drifted past and into the woods on the far side of the path, that’s what made her look up and flinch back at the lights that were drifting among the dead tree branches. Sophia’s first thought was that these were fireflies, normally found in the dark of the forest and said to be kept in jars by faeries. Till she realized they had no real form or substance too them, just balls of bright white and blue that flittered among the woods replacing the stars that no longer shone overhead.
It all came as a shock to her system, these were the creatures known to lead travelers astray, to kidnap people and children away to the home of the dark court. A sob escaped her lips as she took off at a full sprint, her eyes closed tight to avoid staring too long at the hypnotizing light that called for her to follow. The told her they knew where safety was, she refused to be some tourist who would be tricked into following the wily spirits.
It took longer this time before she gave up and collapsed to the ground on her jean clad knees sobbing fearfully. It had felt like she’d been outside for hours, her fingers numb with cold and her pale form shaking as she cried and tried to hide in her jacket. Her body curled up against the massive form of the only oak tree left, the sounds of animals finally reaching her ears. But these ones sounded wrong, their cries and calls sounding like human laughter and screams as they paraded through the old forest.
Sophia was trapped and that thought hurt, regret about have gone tromping through the forest on All Hallows Eve eating her up. She would never see her brother again, would never see her older sister marry, would never get to tell her mother how much she loved her. Those thoughts simply brought more tears till a light hand landed on her shoulder, a soft velvety voice whispering next to her ear to stand up and keep her eyes shut. The claws that tipped each finger dug slightly into her jacket shoulder as the being helped her too her feet, she was too tired to do much else other than listen.
Her feet dragged along the ground till she was lifted up and cradled lightly, though to what she wasn’t sure though it felt like the rib bones one would find on a skeleton left to dry in the sun. Drifting in and out it wasn’t long before she was set down onto her feet again.
Opening her eyes brought about a feeling of happiness, she was standing at the edge of the hill and above the light was still on in a kitchen window. Sophia took off at a full sprint with a scream of joy, not stopping till she reached the top and safety. When she did though, she glanced back to the tree line to see who had gotten her out of the forest. Most likely one of the trappers who hunted animals for their bones and skins. But what she did see both scared her and filled her with awe. The figure was tall, a long curling tail flickering behind them and ram horns nestled among curling black hair that reached their shoulders. The chest was partially hidden by a waist coat, but what could be seen were rib bones in an empty cavity, each bone tied with a red ribbon, and the legs hidden by torn black slacks that showed hoofed feet. The figure might as well been the devil himself as it bowed low with a sweep of its arms before disappearing slowly back into the shadows as Sophia ran up the steps of her porch and threw herself inside.
All the celtic stories her mother had told her were true, the will-o-wisps, the terrifying dark court that often trapped humans, and the kindness that the fae were able to show. All Hallow’s Eve held much more meaning now, it wasn’t just the day before the great harvest anymore…not too her atleast.
NuclearCaiman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iAmDiversity » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Bentley wrote:Username: Bentley
Story (500-1000 words):
    - cut -

It have been very hard to choose a winner between the two entries that finished in time. But I finally feel that I've reached a decision. Congrats to Bentley, you're the winner of this Nukitta!!

Since it was such a close call however between both entries I've decided to award Slit with a runner up! Unfortunately I'm very busy with school so it will at least a week before I can start designing it!

And throwing in a reminder that there's a raffle on the official topic! Also, we have a new system for the archive so listing there is optional!^^
Looking for any eggs
or chameleons from
this litter!
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me