5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

##3376 Blood Bay Overo

Postby Freedom! » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:53 am

Username: blazen,
      Show Name: second and sebring
      Barn Name: Arthur
      Eye Colour: Green
      Geneotype: EE/Aa/nO
Last edited by Freedom! on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Think I've Got Some Enemies Disguised As Friends.

Work In Progress.
Freedom!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ##3376 Blood Bay Overo

Postby broken* » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:37 am

Username: broken*
Show Name: Knight In Shining Armor
Barn Name: Lancelot
Halter Colour: A metallic Silver
Facts:
Medieval - Animals could be tried for and convicted of crimes. There are records of animals being taken to court for killing people, or occasionally for smaller crimes. Some mice were publicly tried for stealing part of the harvest and in another case a swarm of locusts was convicted of eating crops.
Icelandic Horse - 1000 years of no cross breeding makes the Icelandic Horse the purest breed in the world. Because of this, once a horse leaves Iceland it can never go back. This rule was made to keep the breed pure and keep diseases out. But, due to this pureness, for a horse to be registered Icelandic they must go through serious DNA testing to ensure that the parents are purebreds as well.
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rook. » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:13 am

Username: Rio_98
Show Name: When in Rome
Barn Name: Vienna
Halter Colour:
Facts:
During the summer, before the new crop was ready to be harvested, bread was made with stored rye. However, the rye was often infected with a fungus called ergot. The ergot cause hallucinations, gangrene and even death.
Icelandic horses are often not ridden until they reach 4 years old since they live for so long. They can be bred up until 25 years and the oldest icelandic horse lived to 56 years.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxhey i'm rook
xxshe/her
xxasteria rift - briar rose
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rook.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fiver » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:44 am

Username: ThunderAndlightning
Show Name: Crimson hailstorm
Barn Name: Warriors
Halter Colour: White
Facts:
It was not uncommon in England during the medieval period, for animals to be put on trial for crimes. Animals could be sentenced to death if found guilty of their crimes. Take that PETA!

It is said that Vikings favored the Icelandic horses and brought them to Iceland around 860 ad to 935 ad
x
X
𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚒𝚖xx 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛 xx 18+ xx 𝚕𝚎𝚘 ♌︎xx 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚙
x 𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 xx 𝚕𝚐𝚋𝚝𝚚+ 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚕𝚢
𝚅𝚒𝚛𝚞𝚜#𝟼𝟶𝟾𝟽 xx 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚔 xx 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚔 xx 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚔
fiver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vincent, » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:39 am

Barn Name: arthur
    Halter Colour: royal blue, silver, and black
    Facts:
    medieval - from the 1330s onward, men considered long toed shoes to be the height of fashion. by the late 14th century, the toes were so long they had to be reinforced with wool, moss or whalebone. Nobles had to tie the ends to their leggings in order to get around and crusaders had to cut off the tips of their shoes in order to be able to run away from the enemy.

icelandic horse - some Icelandic horses can change colors by season—for example be a chestnut in winter and summer and be a white body with chestnut mane, tail, and legs in spring and fall.
vincent,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:42 am

Username: tomijojo
Show Name: riot
Barn Name: don't have one yet
Halter Colour: a bright gold halter
Facts:

Medieval- Medieval farm animals were small and often unhealthy. A full-grown bull was only slightly larger than a modern calf, and sheep were about a third of the size they are today. Depending on the breed of sheep, fleece yield was sometimes less than one pound per animal. In contrast, modern sheep yield around 7.3 pounds (3.32 kg) of wool thanks to advances in farming techniques and scientific breeding methods.

icelandic ponies- Some Icelandic horses can change colors by season—for example be a chestnut in winter and summer and be a white body with chestnut mane, tail, and legs in spring and fall.

The Icelandic horse has a longer intestine than other breeds of horses enabling it to get more nutrition out of poor grass.

Sorry I had to put two they were both so interesting
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:51 am

Username: Canuckkid1
Show Name: The Speckled Knight
Barn Name: Duel
Halter Colour: camo
Facts:

Medieval: Although certain medieval writers described their society as divided into 'three orders' – those who prayed, those who fought, and those who laboured – that became an increasingly inaccurate picture from after about 1100.

The population of Europe increased hugely across the 12th and 13th centuries, with cities and towns getting much larger. Paris grew about ten-fold (and London nearly as much) in this period. In the cities, people had all kinds of jobs: merchants, salesmen, carpenters, butchers, weavers, food sellers, architects, painters, jugglers...

And in the countryside, it was not at all the case that everyone was an impoverished ‘serf’ (that is, ‘unfree’ and tied to the land). Many peasants were free men – and women – and owned their own land, while others who were to some degree ‘unfree’ in fact bought and sold land and goods, much like other free men.

There certainly were poor, oppressed serfs, but it wasn't a universal condition.

Icelandic horse: We all know the walk, trot and canter. But what are the tolt and flying pace? The tolt is similar to the running walk of a Walking Tennessee Horse and it is a very smooth-beat gait. So when your Icelandic horse is tolting, it is basically a very smooth fast trot. Awesome! If you haven’t heard of the Flying Pace, it is worth checking out. This is when the horse moves the same side of the legs together, and there is a moment of suspension, where the horse does really appear to be flying. This is a fast gait and it is used for racing over short distances. Not all Icelandic horses can do this and the ones that can, are considered to be special.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

aj. / mug • she / they • pdt • gryffindor
>> Count my little scars,
I’ve got dozens down inside
I am complete and invincible,
behind my dirty imbecile <<

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
ImageImage
ImageImage
hey there! I'm aj!
ENFP • Discord Ajax.(#4481) • 🥺
Black Lives Matter
my pms are always open <3
commissions ; open • art trades ; tentative
Adult

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
xxxImage
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freedom! » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:00 pm

blazen, wrote:
    Barn Name: arthur
    Halter Colour: royal blue, silver, and black
    Facts:
    medieval - from the 1330s onward, men considered long toed shoes to be the height of fashion. by the late 14th century, the toes were so long they had to be reinforced with wool, moss or whalebone. Nobles had to tie the ends to their leggings in order to get around and crusaders had to cut off the tips of their shoes in order to be able to run away from the enemy.

icelandic horse - some Icelandic horses can change colors by season—for example be a chestnut in winter and summer and be a white body with chestnut mane, tail, and legs in spring and fall.

Congratulations Blaze!
I Think I've Got Some Enemies Disguised As Friends.

Work In Progress.
Freedom!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me