Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

New Soturie Lines - By Neara by Tundra

Based on Click to view
Artist Tundra [gallery]
Time spent 14 hours, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 19
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

New Soturie Lines - By Neara

Postby Tundra » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:59 pm

You May now start posting your Sotuire!

Sotu to be transferred soon PLEASE if you wish to do this yourself message me
♂ - Thorin - Owned by TheOakTree
♀ - Ru - Owned by nerdsadie
♂ - Icarus - Owned by Blueh
♂ - Bane - Owned by Starlight109
♂ - Adren - Owned by rachieboo
♀ - Iluze - Owned by Boaz
♂ - Alyosha - Owned by Blueh
♂ - Voltaire - Owned by Raviolli
♂ - Finnick - Owned by nerdsadie
♂ - Rift - Owned by starry-knight

Sotu listed here need to modify their look to fit the current status of Sotuire forms. This includes all deceased, and old pack members.
And please note, this is a REQUIREMENT not a suggestion. Types need to me the races breed standards. We are letting you decide, rather them making the decision ourselves.
Long Arabian Tail is no longer an available type for the change overs.
omg i sound rude...dont mean to..

Keni - Owned by ~Galen - Currently LF/NAT/NE - Needs either LNT(Keeps NE/LF) or AE(Keeps LF/SAT)
    Iluze -Owned by Boaz - Currently SF/SAT/NE - Needs either LNT(Keeps SF/NE), SNT/AE(Keeps SF), or LF/AE (Keeps SAT)
    Kodiak - Owned by Crimsoned - Currently SF/SNT/NE - Needs either AE(Keeps SF/SNT), LNT(Keeps SF/NE) LF/LNT(Keeps NE)
    Ortzy - Owned by ~Willow - Currently SF/SNT/NE - Needs either AE(Keeps SF/SNT), LNT(Keeps SF/NE) LF/LNT(Keeps NE))
    Spyros - Owned by .The Bootless Box. - Currently SF/SNT/NE - Needs either AE(Keeps SF/SNT), LNT(Keeps SF/NE) LF/LNT(Keeps NE)
    Rift - Owned by starry-knight - Currently SF/SNT/NE - Needs either AE(Keeps SF/SNT), LNT(Keeps SF/NE) LF/LNT(Keeps NE)

Long ago on a far away planet, the beautiful and peaceful land of Oscora was populated by a small tribe of humans. These humans brought with them a new species of wolf - the Soturie. These wolves were huge and hulking. Their purpose was to protect the tribe. Oscora already had a reigning force, the giant poisonous cats known as Felidae. The Felidae did not like the humans, and so waged war against them. The Soturie fought valiantly for they were immune to the poison, but it was too late. The humans were dead. The Soturie drove the Felidae to the dead lands, a place of little prey and harsh weather. Now, the Soturie fight to keep the Felidae at bay. It is a never ending struggle that may never end.

Welcome to Sotuire
Official Archive and Information

What are Sotuire?
The Soturie are huge wolves with different and sometimes ornate horns atop their head. Their tails are varying in length and style, but all are wispy and horse-like. All Soturie have one set of horns. However, the Royals and their chosen heir, have two sets(the royals being the King, Queen, and 1st born heir). This second set comes into being by a magical ceremony conducted by the Shaman. It is similar to a coronation. The Soturie have the unique ability to wield a weapon. This weapon is used to aid them in the battle against the dreaded Felidae.

The Five Variations
Long Fur & Long Arabian Tail & Normal Ears - Rare
Long Fur & Short Arabian Tail & Long Arabian Ears - Uncommon
Long Fur & Long Normal Tail & Normal Ears - Common
Short Fur & Long Normal Tail & Normal Ears - Very Common
Short Fur & Short Normal Tail & Long Arabian Ears- Uncommon
Short Fur & Snort Normal Tail & Short Arabian Ears - VERY Rare (only special event Sotu will have this)

ALl Sotuire are required to have
A harness, with the ability to hold their weapon
And a Weapon

UNOFFICIAL GUIDELINES!
These are not official, just my help for users having troubles with their weapons and harnesses. Practicality placed on a fantasy race XD

Harness Details:
The harnesses for Sotu are designed to hold their weapons, and keep the weapon at their side when charging into battle. So, it needs to be able to take the weight and momentum of the sotu wearing it. All you need is a breast collar to keep everything from sliding back, a girth, and maybe a back cinch. Padding for chest and back would make sense. It should also follow the center of gravity of the Sotu itself.
HARNESSES ARE NOT TO RESEMBLE ARMOR, CLOTHING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT..they are just harneeses. If you want to be fancy, the basic harness must still remain, but can have cloth and other accents. It should not be anything like armor.

Weapon ON harness guidelines:
The weapons should sit in the center of gravity as well, and not hinder the movement of the Sotu. The weapon needs to be easy acces for the sotu, so they don't have to struggle to get the weapon free from the harness. Any weapon placed under a strap will be hard to access or not removable at all, and handles should not be facing the rear end of the sotu as they need to be what's at hand in the Sotu's time of need.
This in turn leaves the weapons to either being held by a sling like structure(seen on Freya, holding her swords tip), clips that button down and easily break free without damaging the harness(Aka snaps), or just being set on a holder that is attached to the harness and held in place by magnets(or just held by how the stand/clips/holster is created can hold the weapon itself).

Weapon Guidelines:
Pretty basic, weapons should be able to wielded in the moth/maw, and not be overly sized compared to the Sotu, Though there are exceptions. This means no bows, guns, whips(which require more movement then Sotu have), and most throwing weapons. Throwing Knives excluded, as they sotu can use the momentum of their body to get the throw to give its the needed distance.

Sotuire CAN have
up to 3 accessories
1 weapon
more weapons and accessories can be purchased on the Sotuire Sight.

Sotuire (c) TheOakTree
Lines (c) Neara w/ Coloring and BG done by Tundra
Last edited by Tundra on Thu May 28, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 18 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Soturie Lines - By Neara

Postby Eriecht » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:11 am

Hey, everyone, Tundra's crazy XD *stares at extremely beautiful waterfall under the cover*
This is gonna be so awesome *A*
Eriecht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dead account 01 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:32 am

I am quite excited to color -in my lot on these lines. Esme, Blade, Orsino, and Garrus will look quite stunning.
"I care about your life, so much so that I wait here for you to tell me all about your day. I'm sorry that I was just to much for you to care about mine."
Dead account 01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Galen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:24 am

I am so excited! (:
~Galen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emma-Chan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:39 am

i cannot wait
U N D E R C O N S T R U C T I O N
FR Lair
Emma-Chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HopelessOutsider » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:03 am

*grabby hands*
Lovely BG from what I can see Tundra! *can't wait to get my hands on this* :D
Live stream[off]
Casweck Kennels |DA
HopelessOutsider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Eeeeee~ So excite! This is gonna be GOOD.
Signature under construction.... Hard hat required
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blueh » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:39 am

ahh these are really cool! nwn

my reptiles (aka my personal pets)
1.1 Uromastyx geyri, 3.1 Uromastyx ornata, 1.0 Uromastyx acanthinurus nigriventris, 2.0 piebald ball pythons, 1.0 puma ball python

i study lizards & bugs and like animals

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
blueh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:39 am

Look cool!
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me