Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

◅ ᴊᴇᴡᴇʟ ᴍᴀɴᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴs ᴠ. 4.0 - ᴏᴘᴇɴ ▻ by . : Milotic : .

Artist . : Milotic : . [gallery]
Time spent 1 day
Drawing sessions 13
122 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

◅ ᴊᴇᴡᴇʟ ᴍᴀɴᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴs ᴠ. 4.0 - ᴏᴘᴇɴ ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:07 pm

═══════════════════════════════════════
Fanclub | Website | DeviantArt | Archive | Nursery
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬

Welcome to the new Jewel Mane Dragon Adoptable center!
For those of you that are familiar with these majestic mythical creatures, you may notice some changes in traits and general information. So please do take a moment to read through the new additions and small edits to the Jewel Mane Dragon species, and welcome back! For those of you that are new, welcome to the community!

Look here if you need a hand finding your way around the thread posts

Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
. : Milotic : .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ sᴛᴀғғ ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:10 pm

xXx
Get to know the staff of the Jewel Mane Dragon community.

Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:10 am, edited 7 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ ɴᴇᴡs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛs ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:18 pm

News wrote:

October 18, 2014------------------------------Jewel Mane Dragons V 4.0 official thread posted
Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ ᴀғғɪʟɪᴀᴛᴇs ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:42 pm

Affiliates of Jewel Mane Dragon Adopts

If you'd like to become an affiliate please contact one of the owners, or the official director of affiliation [yet to be appointed]. Note: Inactive affiliates from past threads have theads have been removed, if you would like to become an affiliate again, please contact one f the prior.

Current Affiliates wrote:
Image Image
Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Learn a bit more about Jewel Mane Dragons here
Information provided here are the basic traits / characteristics of Jewel Mane Dragons. In depth information about jewel colors and special abilities can be found in the post below.

What is a Jewel Mane Dragon?
A Jewel Mane Dragon - often shortened to JMD, is a large dragon-like creature with extremely soft fur covering its entire body and special “jewels” located on both it’s head and tail. These jewels hold special powers, and grant each dragon abilities based on the color of the jewel. Many years ago, Jewel Mane Dragons were hunted for their pelts and jewels which were made into fine garments and luxury items. Around the turn of the century, the practice of hunting JMDs was outlawed. Since then most have taken to adopting Jewel Mane Dragons as companions.

How big is a Jewel Mane Dragon?
Jewel Mane Dragons are rather large creatures, which is mostly due to their dragon heritage. However, like most species, it does vary. In order to make sizing your Jewelie easy, simply look at the table below that shows size range.

Size Chart wrote:

Adult-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------142 cm - 280 cm

Teen--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------112 cm - 142 cm

Child--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------40 cm - 112 cm
Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ ᴊᴇᴡᴇʟ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇs ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:33 pm

What are Jewel Powers?
Jewel powers are the powers a JMD has as a direct result of it's jewel color. Each Jewel Mane Dragon has a only one jewel power category based on the dominate color of its' jewels located on it's head and tail.
Jewel Powers

Red ‣ The creation of and control over fire & wavelengths of radiation (heat waves)

Orange ‣ Holds control over day & night, and restrictive time control

Yellow ‣ The creation of and control over all visible light (color spectrum)

Green ‣ The creation of and control over earth (organic materials)

Blue ‣ The creation of and control over water in almost all of its forms

Purple ‣ The control over physical objects, and mental states (telekinesis and mind control)

Pink ‣ The ability to control beauty (able to make anyone and everything appear beautiful)

Brown ‣ The ability to control health and wellness

Black ‣ Power of extreme destruction

White ‣ The creation of and control over snow & ice (also able to change weather)

What are Special Abilities?
Special abilities are a hidden abilities, or secondary abilities influenced by jewel
color; with the exception of those that have not been discovered yet.

Red ‣ Red jewels have the ability to breathe fire. When they get sick their normal breath reaches soaring temperatures.

Orange ‣ Orange jewels may occasionally prophetic visions seeing into their own future or the futures of those close to them. They can also see into the past, witnessing the lives of their ancestors.

Yellow ‣ Yellow Jewels can see in the dark and their eyes and paw pads glow in the dark.

Green ‣ Undiscovered

Blue ‣ Blue jewels have the ability to breathe underwater. They can also never dehydrate and produce large amounts of water from their mouths.

Purple ‣ Purple jewels can produce strong sonic waves. They can also use echolocation like bats.

Pink ‣ Pink jewels are incredibly empathetic and can sense the emotions of those around them.

Brown ‣ Brown jewels have saliva with healing properties and highly toxic venom in their blood. The only known anti-venom is their saliva.

Black ‣ Undiscovered

White ‣ White jewels have the ability to breathe snow. When they get sick their normal breath plummets to freezing temperatures.
Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ʀᴜʟᴇs ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Please follow the given rules for the general/adopts thread.
Breaking the rules will result in one of the following: warning, strike, or blacklisting.

‣ All of Chicken Smoothie's rules apply

‣ Be respectful to community members and staff

‣ Do not complain if you do not win or own a Jewel Mane Dragon

‣ Do not claim a Jewel Mane Dragon you do not own as your own.

‣ Do not exceed the number of allowed Jewel Mane Dragons, five (5) first generation and three (3) second/third/etc. generation.

‣ Do not advertise your own adopts on this thread, if you'd like to be affiliates then contact the or official affiliate officiate.

‣ Do not spam the thread with chat talk, or off subject conversation.

‣ Do not create your own Jewel Mane Dragon, only official designs will be acknowledged. All fake JMDs will be considered void.

‣ Check the FAQ, or utilize the search tool on the thread before posting questions.
Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ ғʀᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴀsᴋᴇᴅ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:38 pm

What's the slot limit for Jewel Mane Dragons?
There is current slot limit of five (5) first generation, and three (3) second generation JMDs

How can I get a custom?
Custom JMDs are no longer available on a regular basis. They will only be available to official staff; however, they can be won/earned via event.

Can I change my Jewel Mane Dragon's Power?
Sorry, but no. A JMDs power and special abbilities must correspond with its' jewel color.

Can I be an Artist / Guest Artist?
Jewel Mane Dragons will not have a Guest Artists system in place as of yet, so no. Artsist - wise, there will be a competition held to look for new talent when it is needed, so just make sure you check the news updates frequently for upcoming opportunities.

I'm apart of other communities, can my JMD interact with other species?
Yes, of course. Jewel Mane Dragons are very social creatures, it's very encouraged to allow them to interact with other species - however, they may not breed with anything outside of their own species.

I own a JMD from a previous generation of lines, can I have he/she transferred onto the new lines?
We're sorry to say that transfers and re-vamps will not be allowed on these lines as of yet, and probably not in the near / foreseeable future either due to the various problems it has caused in the previous generations.

I don't like my JMDs design, can I change it?
Please refer to the answer above.

Can I sell my Jewel Mane Dragon?
Jewel Mane Dragons are a free / non-profit species, you may not sell your Jewel Mane Dragon, or its design.

Can I make my own Jewel Mane Dragon?
Jewel Mane Dragons are a closed species, you may not create your own JMD unless given explicit permission by the three owners to do so (only non-artist staff may request this, due to official artists being granted one custom).

Can I add items to my Jewel Mane Dragon?
Yes, be creative as you would like; however, the following items are NOT allowed: contacts, wigs, jewel covers, tattoos, and anything else that may be used to change the original design of the Jewel Mane Dragon or seen as adding a special trait.

xXx?
xXx
Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴜᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:38 pm

ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ

xXx
Find Jewel Mane Dragons that are currently available for adoption.

Image ‣ #001 ‣ by Wolfswelpe ‣ Open

Image ‣ #002 ‣ by snek ‣ Open

Image ‣ #003 ‣ by ∅blivi∅n ‣ Open

Image ‣ #005 ‣ by Wolfswelpe ‣ Open
Last edited by . : Milotic : . on Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◅ ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ▻

Postby . : Milotic : . » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:40 pm

ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ