Based on Click to view
Artist Dr. Paine [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Curio Batch #5 -- Egg 2 still UFA

Postby Dr. Paine » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:01 am

Egg #1 was found while out exploring the desert. We found it somewhere near a scorpion nest, and... well, to be perfectly frank, there was more than a little panic involved when they attacked, leading this egg to be knocked and tossed about far too much. However... there's not a scratch on it! The shell is incredibly hard, and if you listen closely, you might be able to hear something inside scratching away...

Owned by Graham

Egg #2 is... odd. It almost looks as if someone has painted it, as the markings depicting a... laboratory table or something like that can't be natural! The egg feels cold and metallic, and almost never moves. However, it seems to respond to anyone else who is feeling down (especially if it's a result of illness)... what on earth could be inside?

To win Egg #2, write a story (minimum 200 words, no maximum) of loss and the search for redemption. Ends when there are at least 3 finished entries. (And though it will not really count in your form, you get brownie points for guessing what song this egg/creature was based on!)

Last edited by Dr. Paine on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Curio Batch #5

Postby oceanic; » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:09 am

Mark/reserve<3

Writing away~
she/her scuba ravenclaw horned serpent prospit usa
oceanic;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 am

reserved :3
h

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby,
-------------------------------------------------
Da - Characters - LOC - WOI
-------------------------------------------------

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BecNessMonster » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Reserved lets hope i can write it after I get back :3

Please bump things I have forgotten// My Dogons //
BecNessMonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenfriedenvy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:51 am

Marking. Now, to write a story in 6 days.

'For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn.'
The sign in his own window flashed through his mind, and all of a sudden he was at home. She was waiting for him in the doorway, hands over her face, crying. They were suddenly in the living room, one window open, the tempest outside whipping the curtains, throwing dramatic shadows across the room.
"You lied to me!" she screamed shakily, her voice higher than normal with stress, anger and choked back crying.
"How could I?" he replied half-angrily, not fully understanding her point.
"It was your fault! If you'd told me that-"
"I didn't know!"
"Yes you did!"
"Even they didn't know, how could I?"
"It was your fault and you know it!" she threw a book at his head, sobbing hysterically, haunted by recent memories, small shapes moving, gone in an instant.
"I swear-" he started.
"No! I don't want to hear it! It's always excuses, never the truth!"
"I'm sorry." he took her shaking hand, embraced her. Shadows moved outside.
"I love yo-" he said, but choked on his words as she was wrenched away from him by gloved hands.

He sits upright, screaming. The sweat-drenched bedsheets fall from his body and he looks over to her side of the bed. Empty. Of course. Still breathing heavily, he pushes the nightmare to the back of his mind, rubbing his bruised forehead. He puts on a shirt and stands to get a glass of water. A sudden wave of pain in his head pushes him back down. He's shivering, but too hot, his world turned upside down ever since that night. Ignoring the pain, he forces himself to stand. Forgetting about the drink, he walks downstairs and looks out of the window. Any day now. Any day she will come back. He glances at the clock. 1:04am. That means he's had less than one hour of sleep since the last nightmare. He slouches back into an armchair, relaxing for a second before his brow furrows. Looking behind him, he confirms to himself that it is an armchair he's sitting on. He lets his head drop to his hands, sighing. If he didn't sort himself out soon... Well, he would just keep on being an emotional mess. She had to come back soon. She had to. His head snaps up and he looks at the clock. 1:54am. It's like time had skipped. He sits back in the chair. His mouth is dry but he doesn't want a drink any more.

WIP
Last edited by Greenfriedenvy on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenfriedenvy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:59 am

-up-
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenfriedenvy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:31 am

Does it have to involve the egg?
Greenfriedenvy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:38 am

hellohihi wrote:Does it have to involve the egg?

Nope ^^
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Curio Batch #5 -- End date changed!

Postby Dr. Paine » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:44 am

Due to plans for a day trip on the 4th, I've extended the end date for these adopts to the 6th of July-- since I feel I will probably be completely useless on the 5th as well xD
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belle noire » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:17 pm

egg 2 entry;;

It had been three days since the killing of Lily Jarrett, and still the Harbor was subdued, lacking the hustle and bustle it'd had before. The people of the Harbor were in denial, questioning one another as they passed. "How could someone kill Lily? She was known around here, a local. One of the nicest gals in town." Where there had once been a smiling girl running the front of Ol' Sally's Bakery, there was now a 'closed' sign. In the hearts of the people, there was now an empty pocket that she had once filled. There were so many of the same things said by an abundance of different people, and yet the question they asked was the same; "Who killed Lily Jarrett?" The local girl's death had caused pain and confusion to many, but none felt the despair that the family did at the loss.

The wolf meandered along the boardwalk, hood drawn over its head as it listened to the mutterings of the Harbor. Although the entirety of the town was in mourning, no one could stop what they were doing. They couldn't afford delays, no matter the lives that were lost along the way. Many people in Kial counted on the shipments that came in and out of the Harbor. If the shipments stopped, many people would wind up on the streets, jobless and hungry. With winter rolling into the harbor, they would need as much food as they could get before the water froze.

The palpable pain of those around him caused the wolf's hands to clench inside his pockets while his wolf growled in vexation. Despite being nearly to the edge of the Harbor, and thus out of town, Cain couldn't help but push himself to walk just a little bit faster. And still, it felt as if he couldn't get there fast enough. All around him there were more and more people, crowding and pushing to get to where they needed to be. He was suffocating. The tips of Cain's fingers burned as he muscled his way through the people, stopping only once to take a deep breath in a darkened alley.

When he was certain that he had himself under control, he slipped back out and into the people once more. As soon as he got the chance, Cain burst into a full-out sprint, his feet thumping against the ground and propelling him forward with little effort. Sensing the chase, the wolf inside began to push at its tethers. Claws began to emerge from his nails, his canines forcing their way through his gums. Growling under his breath, he pushed himself the last few feet and into the safety of the darkened forest where his clothing was shredded with the force of the phase.

Thick black fur replaced the tan human skin of the alpha who now streaked through the forest. The wolf took over easily, knowing where it had to go and with whom it needed to speak to. The beast paused only for a moment, throwing its large head back to howl at the joys of being free to run before it took off through the dense woodlands once more. Blood pumped hard as the wolf kicked up its speed, soft pads landing rhythmically against the ground while its breath frosted in the air.

Da-thump. Da-hump. Da-thump.

His heart thumped eagerly in time with his steps and still he pushed himself to go faster. His nose twitched at the frigid air, but he inhaled the crisp scent, clinging to it eagerly. It was still a few more feet until the wolf began to slow, its gate changing from a dead run and into a fast walk. The wolf's ears were pricked, listening intently for any unusual sounds, but the forest was silent. Thanks to the threat of the incoming freeze was enough to send the forest animals scurrying into their respective homes. The wolf was used to spending most of its time in this form during winter, able to hunt small game - and the occasional dear - that braved the cold to scavenge for food.

The wolf stopped at the tree-line, glancing first left then right before it slowly emerged from the forest's cover. Already, there were several others in the clearing, and more still were emerging from the cover of the forest. The wolves ranged from brilliant white to muddy red, to grey, but there was only one that sported a solid black coat. Typically, the wolves would converse as humans, but with the temperature change they had to make due in this form. Looking around himself, the wolf's eyes grew hard and cold at the tears that brimmed in the gazes of those around him. Opening his mind, he was instantly bombarded with their inner thoughts.

We should kill them for what they did!

Murderers!

She was one of us!

The alpha closed his eyes, breathing deeply before he forced himself to open them once more on a growl. The loud rumbling did as it was intended, effectively ending the mutterings of the pack. The wolf's golden eyes surveyed those around him one at a time, before stopping completely on a shaggy tan wolf. The youngest of them was hardly more than a boy at the age of fourteen, but the killing of Lily Jarrett had brought around Samuel Jarrett's change, and now it was up to Cain to teach him the way of the pack.

The alpha squared his shoulders, We do not kill humans. It has and will always be against our laws to murder an innocent. Yes, Lily was one of us, He refused to allow his throat to close as he spoke, refused to show weakness before his pack. however, that doesn't mean we can simply go out killing humans, too many questions would arise. Already the poachers believe what they saw was a 'ginormous wolf', it was dumb luck that they were too drunk to tell their heads from their arse's, The others grumbled in disagreement, though it was completely understandable. If Cain wasn't the alpha, he'd have the poacher's heads for what they did to Lily. But he was the alpha, and as such he couldn't afford to lead his pack astray.

The wolf's eyes raked over his pack again, locking with each member until they looked away in deference to his ranking. He gave only a grunt to acknowledge the pack before the alpha tilted his head back. The howl started quietly, a soft note dancing with the wind. Then, it picked up, the tenor rising in clarity above the others as they joined in. The wolves sang a song of mourning, loss, and love. Their song crescendo'd, then stopped completely, silence blanketing the cold forest once more. As one, the pack turned and disappeared, leaving only the black alpha in the clearing. Once they had all dispersed into the shadows of the forest, the wolf tilted his head back to look up at the sky, wondering if she was up there somewhere, watching. If you're there, don't worry, Lily. They'll get what's coming to them. I promise you, they'll pay. Then, the wolf sat with his head bowed, letting the cold night's air leech into his body as he mourned the loss of their pack-mate in solitude.

___

Three months had passed. The Harbor had long since gotten over the death of Lily Jarrett. After all, there were bigger, better, more important things to attend to nowadays. Those that remembered the girl had learned to live without her. But not him, never him. Samuel Jarrett had learned the ways of the pack, and in

This should be edited and finished tomorrow. The internet keeps going out where I am, and I don't want to risk losing my work. c:
Last edited by belle noire on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
┌───────────────────┐

Imagex
▬▬▬ [ FINE RAIN FALLING FROM A CLEAR SKY ] ▬▬▬

possible text? this is a huge wip sorry.

└───────────────────┘
┌───────────────────┐

wow another text box what am i gonna do with so much space?

└───────────────────┘
belle noire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me