Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Character Redesign - DONE by Schneemaehne

Artist Schneemaehne [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Character Redesign - DONE

Postby Schneemaehne » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:36 am

Thanks for all who had a look and made a bid! Aethra has found a new home now with the user ~*Cuore*~. Congratz and thanks!

Hi guys!
Meet the third and last of my old character redesigns, a gentle lady called "Aethra". Like the others she is now up for auction and looking for a good new home.
I am accepting wishlist pets, items, storepets, Chickendollars and DeviantArt points.

Current bids:
Anonym User
Bid
~*Cuore*~
Bid

The following information is what I designed her like when I was still thinking about making her a character of mine. It might be subject to change once you own the character.
Name: Aethra
Appearance: Aethra has the softest and silkiest fur of all my designs. It has a nice shine and grows quite long especially around her neck and tail. This makes her look bigger than she actually is. Once her coat gets wet (e.g. from rain or while swimming) you will see how thin and light she is actually built. She has a long back and a wide gait, making her look almost floating when she is trotting by. Her long and sharp-cut snout is similar to a Salukis.
Character: She might have bolt red colours on her coat, but Aethra is as gentle and quiet as you can imagine. She dislikes loud or stressfull situations and prefers to enjoy the silence of a small home or the calm of a forest clearing. She never snarls, nearly never barks and is known to be gentle, almost tender, with other dogs, humans or animals. She will never fetch a ball for you, but curl up in your lap and look at you with these intelligent amber eyes, listening to you for hours.
Special abilities: If you play her simply as an odd-coloured dog, don't mind this part. If not, you might be interested in the fact that she - despite her red coat - has nothing in common with the fiery element. She is actually rather earth-bound and has a strong affinitiy to all light and healing magic. If she rests for a long time e.g. on a meadow you will realize the flowers and grass around her will grow faster, the blossoms being the prettiest you have ever seen. She is not a real healer, but will seek out the sick and infirm, giving them new strenght through her positive aura. With plants it is easier, she has already "healed" a brittle tree or two.
Other info: Aethra was designed for a contest but never won. So I kept the design and used it as an example picture for my artshop (Forgotten Souls, it's closed since years), always telling myself I would make her into a "real" character one day. It never happened as I never had the need of any canine characters. There are two pictures of her, though: this and that one. It's the old design, but after you bought her you can use the drawings and I will add a note claiming you as her new owner.
"Aethra" is Latin and means something like "sky's light" or "shine".

Thanks for looking. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post here or write me a PM.

P.S.: If you have a minute to spare and are feeling creative with words, please check out the link in my signature! Simply click on the picture to get an explanation what it is all about. It will only cost you a few minutes and help me a great deal!
Last edited by Schneemaehne on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Character Redesign - UP FOR AUCTION

Postby Schneemaehne » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:58 am

-bump-
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagome963 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 pm

She is beautiful!!! I might go for her.
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas
D&D Characters
Lunar Ranch
Sales Barn
Art (C)
└─────┐♥┌─────┘

Kagome963

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:24 am

Thank you Cuore! I'd be happy if you do ;)
My DeviantArt
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:17 am

Wow, she's so pretty. <3
Has she been won, or is she still UFA? ^_^
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:01 am

Thank you! She is still UFA. I got only one response so far and the user read but didn't answer my PMs since 12 days. I'd guess the person lost interest.
So she is still with no bids so far!

(Thinking about re-doing the Oekaki drawing, though. It does not look as "attractive" as I first thought.)
My DeviantArt
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:45 am

Ah, I might have to think about getting a bid together. :3
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagome963 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 am

Oh I'm still loving her. I'm just debating on offering my swirly lioness.
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas
D&D Characters
Lunar Ranch
Sales Barn
Art (C)
└─────┐♥┌─────┘

Kagome963

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:07 am

Thanks you two! I'm happy about any bids. Not trying to make a lot of "money" out of this, I'm mostly concerned that she'll find a nice new home!
My DeviantArt
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Character Redesign - DONE

Postby Schneemaehne » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:55 am

Thanks for all who had a look and made a bid! Aethra has found a new home now with the user ~*Cuore*~. Congratz and thanks!
My DeviantArt
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me