Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

~Cosmo Cat Adopts~ by Moony-Mae

Artist Moony-Mae [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

~Cosmo Cat Adopts~

Postby Moony-Mae » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:41 am

Welcome to Cosmo Cat Adopts! Here you'll find a whole host of adorable felines to adopt! But, as always, you'll need to know a few things first!

Ƨσ, ʝʋƨт ωнαт αяɛ Cσƨмσ Cαтƨ?

These extraordinary felines date back to the long-ago days of alchemy, mainly during the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries A.D. One day, while mixing a bit of this and a dash of that in an attempt to find the Philosopher's Stone, a chemist known only by a pseudonym, 'Moony', accidentally left it unsupervised and her faithful cat, Cosmo, drank a bit of the concoction. Moony noted his pupils looked odd, like "crescent moons" and he grew a star-shaped patch of fur on his forehead soon afterwards. But his most remarkable change was that from then on he was able to float several feet off the ground of his own accord! In her journal, the alchemist writes, "On occasion the silly creature would get stuck in the chimney and emerge head to tail in soot." The recipe has been kept documented, but recent scientific discovery, however, has proved that the potion does nothing more than drinking water. This leaves us, then, with the question, could Cosmo and the steadily rising number of 'Cosmo Cats' named after him really be from the Cosmos themselves? They certainly seem to have an unearthly air about them. It is said that if one winks at you with its left eye your day will be blessed with good luck, and the opposite if with its right. So, who knows? Perhaps the answer to whether or not these cats are from another world may never be discovered. Only time will tell.

ΔИΔƬѲѦƳ~

Cosmo Cats look no different (besides the wild colours and patterns, and sometimes antennae) than an average house cat. They tend to be no bigger than one and no smaller than a large watermelon. They weigh anywhere between two to four kilograms, typically, but at birth they weigh little more than one.

Nearly all Cosmo Cats are completely different from one another, like snowflakes. However, there are a few bonds they all share. First, they all have crescent-moon-shaped pupils, all have star-shaped marks on their foreheads, all of them can float without wings (up to ten metres in the air), and every Cosmo Cat is noted to have a chain tied loosely round their forked tail with a charm tied on it, which is a symbol that best represents them. Sometimes the charms are instead replaced with leather pouches filled with herbs or some kind of sparkling dust. However these charms are all different, as no two Cosmo Cats are alike in looks or personality. They all have curled-up whiskers and tufted ears. One of them is always folded down. Most of the time, Cosmo Cats hide their claws, but when they are unsheathed, they're a rainbow of colours. There are up to four claw colours on a cat, one for each paw. The claw colours are coordinated, like the charms, to match the particular cat's personality. Red is brave, orange is energetic, yellow is compassionate, green is serene, blue is intelligent, violet is beautiful/handsome, black is evil/misunderstood, and white is shy. Gold means leadership and silver means purity, but these are rarer than the standard colours listed previously. Apart from those few things, the extraordinary creatures are about as diverse and unique as it gets.

Some Cosmo Cats have antennae. The occurrence is usually one in two Cosmos, a heads or tails matter. However, no Cosmo Cats have wings. All of them can fly on their own, however wings are often made for show and worn like costumes. Cosmos also have extraordinary eyes that can flare orange when angry. However this happens for only a second, so you'll miss it if you blink. If you look very closely, you'll see a faint, sparkling trail puffing from the tip of their tails when in flight.

βЄĦΔѴƖѲƲЯ~

Cosmo Cats love more than almost all else to collect things, and, much like bowerbirds, can even attract mates with things they find. They are inventive, creative, and resourceful; they can make almost anything from almost nothing. They will sometimes socialize with humans, but will tend to stay hidden from them and stay in their own habitats, the treetops or caves. Some, however, are more mischievous than others and will fly around to scare unsuspecting humans. They love stargazing above all else, and are mainly nocturnal. Each Cosmo Cat has a birth planet that it is specially connected to by destiny. It's like a lucky number and brings good fortune if they should see it in the sky. Cosmos are very intelligent creatures, but prefer to live separately. Families will stick together, but families are rather small. Cosmo Cats are mainly vegetarians, unlike most cats, but will snack on bugs or rodents if no fruits are to be found. Their favorite snacks are generally Starfruit. When angry, a Cosmo Cat flashes its eyes (see 'anatomy' section) and when in love, its antennae (if it has any) curl inwards to form a heart. This can be a dead giveaway they have feelings for someone, much like blushing is for humans. Litters are usually no more than three. The usual is two kittens. Cosmos mate for life, and will usually not find another mate if their partner dies or leaves them.

ЯƲ˩ЄƧ~

~Do not ask to be an artist unless there is a competition open.
    ~All things Cosmo Cat-related (lines, characteristics, names, etc) are all courtesy of me. Do not claim anything otherwise.
    ~If you no longer want your Cosmo Cat, you may give it away for free. You may not sell them for pets, items, C$, off-site currency, etc.
    ~You may have as many Cosmo Cats as you want, but you must wait for three more to be released before adopting another.
    ...............~In addition, please actually use your Cosmo Cats. These kitties want to go to a loving home.
    ~Be respectful to everyone on this thread; artists, cutomers, etc.
    ~We are not currently taking orders for customs, but keep an eye out for them in the future! c;
    ~Complaining or whining that you didn't get the one you wanted isn't going to help you or me in any way, so please refrain from this.
    ~When posting your Cosmo Cat for others to adopt, you MUST use the form found on this page. You may add more to the form, but that is the minimum.

ƆѲИƬЄƧƬƧ, ΔИИѲƲИƆЄѦЄИƬƧ, ЄƬƆ.

~Cosmo Cat Adopts was created on the twenty-third of March, 2014.
~Check out the Ancient Greek Event!

ƧƬΔҒҒ~

ℳøøɴƴ~ Species Creator, Official Artist
TheSonicRainboom~ Official Artist
shadow of angels~ Official Artist
Courage.~ Official Artist

ΔҒҒƖ˩ƖΔƬЄƧ~

Check out these other awesome adoptables! You won't regret it! ^W^

Lion Mane Wolves Adopts- by SilverPack

Galaxy Guardians~ by Ace of Hearts & Lyd
Last edited by Moony-Mae on Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 am, edited 13 times in total.

ImageImageImage
ℳøøɴƴ wrote: Hey, I'm just a girl who REALLY loves Disney
Please leave feedback!
Announcements: Thank you for the feature!

ImageImageImage
Moony-Mae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Cosmo Cat Adopts~ W.I.P!

Postby stxrdog » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:48 am

OMG MARKKKK!!
stxrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Cosmo Cat Adopts~ W.I.P!

Postby Detail. » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:55 am

Such mark.

About me wrote:Eating: Oxygen
Drinking: Air
Playing: CS
Feeling: Sick. Sick. Sick.
Cloud wrote:Eating: Nothing
Drinking: Essence of diamond
Shipping with: Me, myself, and I
Feeling: Mixed emotions, mainly negative
Detail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Cosmo Cat Adopts~

Postby Moony-Mae » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:25 am

Cosmo Cat number one is up! I'll also be holding an artist competition today! Post below if you're interested! ^^

ImageImageImage
Please leave feedback!

ImageImageImage
Moony-Mae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stxrdog » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:31 am

I'm inteerested :)
stxrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moony-Mae » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:32 am

~Okie-doke! I'll add you ♥

ImageImageImage
Please leave feedback!

ImageImageImage
Moony-Mae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Detail. » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:33 am

So interested! May not be able to with CTS, but I can try!

About me wrote:Eating: Oxygen
Drinking: Air
Playing: CS
Feeling: Sick. Sick. Sick.
Cloud wrote:Eating: Nothing
Drinking: Essence of diamond
Shipping with: Me, myself, and I
Feeling: Mixed emotions, mainly negative
Detail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moony-Mae » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:34 am

Danke very much! So glad both of you are interested! ^W^

ImageImageImage
Please leave feedback!

ImageImageImage
Moony-Mae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSonicRainboom » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:50 am

ME WANT ARTIST. I INTRESTED. MARK. YUS.