Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Ventventvent.... by NanaChicken

Artist NanaChicken [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ventventvent....

Postby NanaChicken » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:44 am

Just some vent arttt, god, i'm so sick of this cold country, i want to go back to Portugal :c
And, i hate my art again, Jesus, it doesn't matter what i do, it always looks so pitiful compared to my friends art..../sobs.
I'm probable not gonna be drawing much on here anymore, can't be bothered, it'll only make me feel worse...
Also, please, if your about to comment, just don't, i can't be bothered with people asking stuff like "did you post this so you could get attention??" or "why would it make you feel worse?, why, why why?, blah blah blah?" i can't be bothered with it...
NanaChicken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ventventvent....

Postby orpheus. » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:00 am

Nononononononononono.
no.

Your art is freaking amazing, heck, you got into an art class for people well above your age, not anyone can just do that like it's nothing. You have to have skill, and you are really bloody skilled - you're better than some 40 year old artists out there. Also, never compare your art to anyone else - your art is unique and beautiful, not everyone can just magically whip out some awesome art piece in seventeen minutes, and if you keep it up, as the years go by, you will become even better, and by the time you're an adult you will be even more incredible, and that's saying a lot since you're freaking fantastic already. Just because some of your friends can draw doesn't mean that they're better than you. Just because you admire them shouldn't mean you have to feel bad about your own art. You aren't just an amazing artist, but you're an amazing person, friend and...living-thingy.

And lol I'm pretty sure anyone who lives in Scotland would want to go back to some sunny country too. I definitely do. Although, it was really warm out today even though the winter has been a horrible, depressing time with lots of loved things dying and stuff but still. Summer is on its way! Just keep your chin up since you're amazing and your art is kinda the number one thing I even go on CS for nowadays.
╔═════════════════════╗

𝑊𝐸'𝐿𝐿 𝑁𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑅 𝐺𝐸𝑇 𝑇𝑂 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁 𝑂𝑁 𝐴 𝑁𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑆.

those nights when your friends are gone,
when you're holding on for someone to leave with

those nights when you crave someone
to be there at dawn, to wake with, 'cause aren't we all just
looking for a little bit of hope these days?

oekaki . art insta . @danti#6119 .

╚═════════════════════╝
orpheus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hushhushhush....

Postby get scared » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:52 am

Let me post here just to be defiant.

1st of all - Read what Snail with a top hat said like 50 times over because I couldn't have said any of that any other way and it's like 9876809547189% true

2nd of all - Ahh, I love the round face and those curlsssss. (Talking about the picture you posted above)

3rd of all - Oh my goodness, same here. Snow and stuff is cool for like, maybe a month? But it's been like 3-4 months already, I just want it goneee. Sweaters and red noses and flushed cheeks and all that can be super cute, but runny noses and massively-sweaty sweatpants/shirts are not. Plus I've slipped on this same patch of ice like 3 times already while taking my dogs for a walk, and now I'm reasonably sure that I'm gonna need a hip transplant or something when I get older because cheesus, like THREE TIMES now. Why haVE YOU NOT MELTED YET??

4th of all - Be satisfied, dude. I mean, practicing your art will only get you better, so I don't understand why you're so distraught over it. I think your art is adorable, amazing, creative, unique, eye-catching, styled, and so much more. I know that my opinion honestly doesn't mean jack squat unless you feel like believing me, but I'm going to try and get you to understand anyway, because for real - You have such talent, and I think it's kind of wasteful to keep labeling such amazing art 'bad' and 'lame' and stuff. You're you, and people like your art specifically because it's by you. No one else can do anything even remotely similar to your own art. When I visit the oekaki boards, I can immediately tell when art is by you, whether you're testing out different styles or not. Feel honored, because I'm going like blind.

I know I'm kind of making this seem like a joke and such, but it's not. It's sad to see someone like you, so brilliant and all, going and saying "I'm probable not gonna be drawing much on here anymore, can't be bothered, it'll only make me feel worse..." Look, Nansi; Nobody hopped out of the womb with a pencil in their hands and some amazing talent to their name. No, they practiced and practiced. Besides - Drawing and art is something you should do when you feel like doing it. Sure, comments and likes and such can really build confidence, but honestly, you should be drawing for yourself, not for other people.

You feel like drawing a cow? Then fine, draw that cow, because no matter what it was 100% your choice, and you should be the only one who needs to enjoy it. It didn't come out perfectly? Hush, because let's face it - I can't draw anything like I see it in my head, so yea, to me everything I make is terrible, too. That being said; if you consider your art "pitiful", then fine, whatever you say, hun. If you firmly believe that, then whatever I say won't sway your opinion deep down. However, hopefully this message will give you some inspiration to keep going, because a) I spent like half an hour typing this, oh my god, and b) I think we both know that art is something you're passionate about.

Obviously you aren't the type to just 'draw'. No, you put feeling and effort into your work, even going as far as to take outside-of-school (technically xD) art classes simply to become better, and meet your own standards. Don't compare yourself to others - You will never be like them, and as hard as they try, they will never be able to be like you. It's just not possible, unless you became like their clone or something, though that would be a little creepy.

I'm not going to beg you, or ask you why or what - But I'm going to forcefully demandpolitely suggest that you reconsider. I simply adore your art in all of it's amazing glory, and love it even more when I can actually see your growth. I swear, you're the fastest learner I've ever seen, considering you've mastered things in a week that it took me to learn in like 2 months. I mean, improvement isn't something abrupt, like "omg I just woke up and suddenly i'm feeling like Hayao Miyazaki". No, it's something that gradually appears, only seeming obvious when you're looking back to compare. Like age, I guess. You don't notice yourself growing, but looking back at baby pictures, or distant relatives seeing you, it's pretty obvious that you're no longer 8.

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. Bottom line is: Do what you want, and I promise to support you no matter what. However, I just want you to know that no matter what, I'll always admire your artistic skill.
Last edited by get scared on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
get scared

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ventventvent....

Postby NanaChicken » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Thank you both so much.

Snaily, you always know how to cheer me up, and i hope we see each other soon, its just, my P has started again, and i'm so freaking emotional, tired, stressed, hurting, painful everywhere ;A;

I'm really happy you took the time to say all those lovely things, and i hope you know, that i love you so much snaily <3<3<3
Your the most awesome bestfriend ever, and i kinda wish i didn't post this drawing, /so embarrassed.

Kazuzu, omg, you didn't need to write that much, Jesus, that must have taken you forever?, i'm really sorry, and i kinda realize i'm being a complete drama queen, i'm sorry, really sorry, and i get it, i seriously do not know what to say, i mean, you wrote all that, i can hardly remember all of it, i'm gonna read it again and again until its stuck in my head ;u;

Your a really good friend Kazuzu, your always cheering me up, its lovely, and i hope we stay friends forever <3
Yus, i hate wearing all these baggy clothes /not, i just want to wear some shorts finally ;A;
Okay, that's a lie, i love baggy tops, but i usually wear jeggings, but, now i'm tired of having to wear big coats before i cna go out, finally its getting a little sunny, but not enough to stay out forever, i so miss Portugal ;A;

I know this isn't even half of what you wrote, but i seriously DO not know what to say, i'm just so happy, i'm crying tears of joy, DON'T LOOK /runs away.
NanaChicken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lᴀᴅʏ 美夜子 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:01 am

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hey there, Delilah
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
wordswordswordsWʜᴀᴛ's ɪᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪɴ Nᴇᴡ Yᴏʀᴋ Cɪᴛʏ?
Bᴜᴛ, ɢɪʀʟ, ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ sᴏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ
Yes, you do
wordswordswordsTɪᴍᴇs sǫᴜᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʜɪɴᴇ ᴀs ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I swear, it's true
xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Lᴀᴅʏ 美夜子

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes