Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Velynn Adopts -- {new ownership!} by CeruleanRush

Artist CeruleanRush [gallery]
Time spent 23 hours, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 15
60 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Velynn Adopts -- {new ownership!}

Postby CeruleanRush » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 pm

fanclubask.fm
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________

What is a Velynn?
Velynns (pronounced [vehy-lynns]) are canine-like creatures most often known for their two soft tufts of feathers, one on their back between their shoulders, and one in place of their tails. The very first Velynns were created from particularly strong daydreams, thoughts, or ideas, and to this day those Velynns without parents come into existence through this same way. Being light and airy, much like thoughts and dreams, Velynns have been known to float. However, they never stop floating! A Velynn not held down will continue to float up and up forever, which doesn't often end well. Because of this, Velynns have always been given anchors of all colors to hang around their neck on a rope. This anchor allows them to walk and move normally on the ground, but it still allows them to levitate above the ground for short period of time, jump higher than normal, and seemingly drift around much more fluidly than any other similar species. If a Velynn was created from a particularly strong idea, it is not uncommon to see them surrounded with wisps of swirling, colored light, most often around their paws.

Other Little Details
--Their ears always are down, no matter what.
--Their feathers shed and regrow fairly quickly
--Their manes are most often the same, but there are sometimes Velynns with differently styled manes.

Last edited by CeruleanRush on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:21 am, edited 14 times in total.
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

1. Listen to and obey all Velynn Staff, no matter what.
2. Customs are only given out at Ceru's own discretion, you may not make your own Velynn.
3. Do not steal, take, or copy any Velynns that are not yours or the species in general.
4. Do not ask to be staff; check this thread for applications.
5. Do not mini-mod.
6. You are not allowed to co-own Velynns.
7. You are not allowed to make Velynns your fursona.
8. You may not sell any Velynns of yours for any currency, or trade your Velynns. If you no longer want your Velynn, you can PM CeruleanRush to gift them or put them up for re-adoption.
9. You may not add any special edits to your Velynns, but you may give them accessories and such after you win.
10. You can only own 4 Velynns.
11. If you happened to be banned, you cannot post in any Velynn-related thread, breed your Velynns, or enter any contests.
12. You may not breed Velynns yourself.
13. You may not revamp or change the design of any Velynns you own.
14. This species should remain drama free. Don't stir up drama.
15. We reserve the right to inflict any punishments as needed on a case-by-case status. This includes, but is not limited to, taking away any number of all of your Velynns and readopting them, placing an adoption ban on you, not permitting you to use your Velynns publicly, nursery bans, etc.

By applying for any Velynn, you hereby agree to all of these rules.
Last edited by CeruleanRush on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Owner -- CeruleanRush

Staff Applications are open!
Velynns are finally getting some well-deserved new lines, and along with that, we'll be introducing some new staff! While this means that the previous v1 artists are no longer artists, this does mean that those of you who wanted to help without having to design can get a chance to get a different staff position within the species!
There are a couple positions open:
-Artist (again)
-Archivist

Go here to apply!
Last edited by CeruleanRush on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CeruleanRush » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:43 pm

None! Let's keep it this way. ;D
Last edited by CeruleanRush on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

None currently, check back soon.
Last edited by CeruleanRush on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Q: How do I adopt a Velynn?
    A: Just scroll up, and look under "VERSIONS OF THIS DRAWING THAT PEOPLE HAVE CREATED RECENTLY". Those are all of the Velynns that have been made! See if one catches your eye, and follow the instructions from there.

Q: Can I make myself a custom Velynn?
    A: No, sorry.
Last edited by CeruleanRush on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CeruleanRush » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Velynns can be supported through our stamp, feel free to use it! c:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2203549][img]http://i.imgur.com/7zFQkt9.gif[/img][/url]

Please PM CeruleanRush to affiliate~
Last edited by CeruleanRush on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Velynn Adopts -- Coming Soon!

Postby CeruleanRush » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Reserved!
CeruleanRush