Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mako #111 - Winner by kivr & fireflii

Based on Click to view
Artist kivr & fireflii [gallery]
Time spent 3 days, 19 hours
Drawing sessions 3
84 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Mako #111 - Winner

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:14 am

:D 111 !
WHAT IS A MAKOATL?
A Makoatl is a terrestrial shark-dragon hybrid recently discovered off the coast of the greenland sea. They have the powerful tail and jaws of a shark, with the body and (occasional) horns of a dragon. They usually have manes, and are covered in thick coats of fur-adapted to keeping out the cold in their native habitat. They live on a diet of mainly meat and fish, and are known to be vicious hunters! Despite this attitude toward their prey, however, they are very protective and mothering to their offspring, as well as to each other the majority of the time.
Click here to read more about this species!

still no pen pressure so a simple design ;___;
omg no it didn't take 90 hours... looool I just had it up for a few days cause I couldn't decide a color scheme Q___Q

To win this mako, tell me his/her story and his/her ' theme song' ! :] (I would like to know why s/he carries around lanterns wink wink)
I would also really like it if his/her theme song was from eastern asia than an english song ovo but of course that's just what I would like to see - if you have another song that you really want, go ahead! I don't mind ^____^
I like this mako a lot weeps // could not decide between a lighter or darker pelt but ugh had to just go with lighter scheme - I thought we had bunch of makos with darker pelts already ;v;

This contest will end March 1st!
Plenty of time to get things finished, so there will be NO extensions.
Any extras, off sites etc are allowed!

Go ahead and make your own form :]
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mako #111

Postby Doodles » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:18 am

B) Res

ImageImage
Characters
Deviantart

Back of the car
Blankets and me and you
We're running on perfectly wasted youth
I'll hold you close
We'll call this home tonight

And the fake tattoo that you drew on my arm
Had an X and an O
Never change who you are
Throw our hearts in the air
Doodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vintage » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:30 am

Dannngngng So perdy, but not me. Good luck everyone!
Hey there, I'm Vintage, but you can call me Vin if you prefer to do so.
DA
sdfBlueInMyShoesdfTumblr

Vintage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShrimpSundae » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:35 am

possible reserve
    Also since you only said he can we actually make this mako a female, and can you make a version where we can see the design under the items if possible?

she/her adult artist

hey, i'm shrimp! i love north american birds, tvd,
      sims, project zomboid, spyro, viva piñata, as well
      as art, other tv shows, and video games in general.

here for nostalgia and to casually collect.
      dm's only open for cupido or art questions.

toyhou.se my cupidos artshop
ShrimpSundae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BaBleu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:41 am

reserve
BaBleu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The One & Only Vapor » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:43 am

By Glacier-Lily

☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸
☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸☸

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

υʂҽɾɳαɱҽ The One & Only Vapor
α Ⴆιƚ αႦσυƚ ɱҽ hey, I'm Vapor ^v^ This boy, who is probably the handsomest thing in existence, will be the 5th Mako I've tried for. I know it's not a lot, but you never know! And, having won 1 Kia and having another in judging, I do have a fair bit of experience. This Mako has captured my heart {and is working on -peacefully- stealing my soul}, and I want to win him so badly. Hence the wacky, but detailed form. Well, I don't want to bore you too much with my talk, but away we gooo~!

ɯԋყ ι ɯαɳƚ ԋιɱ Oh gosh, where to begin? Alright, to just get a basis, his lanterns. The very first thing I noticed was those lanterns. They intrigued me, pulled me in, and I can honestly say that even if I lose this boy, I will never forget him. His design, too, was simply enrapturing- the beige, the yellow, and the deep vermilion all pulled together into one cohesive, amazing character- which brings me to another point. I really think I can create something, a very beautiful, fluid, functioning something out of the design I see in front of me. When I look at his design, I think "special". When I look at his staff, I think "calm". When I look at his lanterns, I think..."I can make something here. I've tried my best to do so, and I hope it really shows!
ɯԋαƚ ι'ʅʅ ԃσ ɯιƚԋ ԋιɱ If I won this beautiful, charming boy, I would spoil him with art {I'm actually shocked at how few pieces I managed to pick up of him}. I've already made plans to order a bunch, but the only problem is, some of the most amazing artists don't do tryout art. The price is completely irrelevant- I'd give all but my Raven Dog for art of him. I would also write tons of stories about him- I'm no artist, but can be a decent writer when I put my mind to it- because I see sooooo many stories already developing for his character. I'd probably make a thread *just* for stories. XD
Also, I'd love to find him a good mate. I know Makoatls have moved to deviantART, so I'd register him and hopefully find a great match, who is willing to do plenty of RPing so he can eventually settle down, and perhaps, one day, have little Makoatl children. <3

ɯԋყ ყσυ ʂԋσυʅԃ ριƈƙ ɱҽ I think I'm worthy of being this guy's owner because of...well, actually, I have no idea why you should pick me over anyone else. Yes, I've put a ton of effort into my form; yes, I love him so freaking much; yes, I've tried my hardest to be creative and thoughtful in my form. But then, who hasn't? Still, if you were to pick me, I think it would be because of the coding {all credit goes to ||TechnoVanGogh||, you amazing person} and the simple but descriptive way I've organized my form.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ϝυʅʅ ɳαɱҽ "Bat" Jakintsu
ɳιƈƙɳαɱҽ Eskat
ɱҽαɳιɳɠ His full name, Jakintsu, means "wise one" in Basque. Bat is more of a title, an honorific phrase given to certain Makos of his kind and a phrase which shows great respect for the Mako it is entitled to. Lastly, Eskat, his nickname, means "smarty" in Basque.
ρɾσɳυɳƈιαƚισɳ "bat" ja-kihnt-soo; ehs-kat
ɠҽɳԃҽɾ Jakintsu is a definite male, though he doesn't really hold himself to a strict gender identity.
ʂҽxυαʅιƚყ Eskat is a pansexual, meaning that he will be attracted to who he loves, regardless of their gender, gender identity, or sexual identity.
αɠҽ No one is quite sure of Eskat's age. It is generalized to be around 80 years, though you can easily give or take 20 years.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

By Crazyclaw+

personality

wise calm reflective peaceful understanding accepting aloof

Eskat is a very wise, perceptive Mako. His senses of sight and hearing are superb, and nothing can get past him. Hearing information for year after year makes him one of the most knowledgeable Makoatls in existence, and the first that many younger Makos go to for advice. Calm and patient, Eskat is a remarkably undeterred character. His reflective nature cannot be disturbed, and it is said that even since his youth, he has never, ever lost his temper. A peaceful sort, he refuses to hold a grudge and even if he does get angry, like the furious lap of waves on a lake during a storm, it soon stills out to a calm surface that no more than ripples at the edges. Very determined and accepting, Eskat knows that not everything is perfect, and is willing to acknowledge any fact that shows its face to him. Finally, being extremely solitary, Eskat tends to come off a bit aloof when socializing, as he isn't accustomed to being around others.

ρσҽɱʂ Eskat's Poem Collection
ʂƚσɾყ Jakintsu's Tale: The Story of a Dreamer
ԋιʂƚσɾყ Eskat's History: Wise Eyes
ƚԋҽɱҽ ʂσɳɠ Dolls by Ayumi Hamasaki
Dolls is a beautiful song about the meaning of life- why are we here? what is our purpose? Especially in the first two stanzas of the song, it is expressed, the shortness of life makes it all the more worth living. This fits Eskat's beliefs to a T. It asks all of his questions, expresses his feelings, and so much more. It is an amazing song, and though romance can be detected in it, Eskat rarely acknowledges it, simply recognizing the song for its beautiful simplicity, and yet all that it implies.

ɯԋყ ԃσҽʂ ԋҽ ƈαɾɾყ αɾσυɳԃ ƚԋσʂҽ ʅαɳƚҽɾɳʂ Eskat carries his lanterns to light his path. No, not literally, of course; it is not a hidden fact that he fears what may hide in the dark folds of nighttime, but the real reason he holds the lanterns is to support him throughout anything and everything. And though his lanterns may change, they always hold two basic hues; red and blue, two opposites on the color wheel, warm and cool, light and dark, a forever internal battle that Jakintsu volunteers to be the vassal of. The lanterns lighten his burden, show him the path he is to take, and so much more that cannot be put into words. Most of all, they provide moral support; Eskat's lanterns remind him of a story, a story he tells whenever his village's children will hear it, a story that he tells himself until he is asleep. The story of the good wolf and the bad wolf, white and black, peace and violence, joy and greed. The two colors, the ever-opposites, whisper him their tales whenever the wind rattles through him. Eskat's lanterns are truly more important to him than life itself. He will never reveal where they came from {and nor will I}, and he would choose to die within heartbeats over lose them.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

phöbïäs Aquaphobia, the fear of water- but his fear is not very broad, for it only involves being trapped underwater. In particular being trapped under ice.
Kakorrhaphiophobia, fear of failure or defeat- Eskat has this phobia, and feels it quite strongly, but only in an academic sense. Since it is in his nature to be aloof even to the point of somewhat uncaring, he is unlikely to experience this fear in romance.
Agateophobia, fear of insanity- his fear in this case is well reasoned, since he lives completely alone and often finds himself talking to various inanimate {but not necessarily nonliving} objects.
Agliophobia, fear of pain- physical pain, in Eskat's case. He will often do whatever possible to avoid injury, and panics if he finds himself unable to escape the situation.
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia, fear of the number 666- sorry, but it's true. He fears the number of the devil.

З ödd qüïrk 1. Eskat often talks to inanimate objects. Be it a rock in the middle of the river, or a particular branch on a tree, he has hundreds of stories up his sleeves that he tells whenever he gets the chance.
2. He strongly dislikes the sound of chewing, and repeats a story or small song to himself whenever he is eating to avoid hearing the sound.
3. In anthro, he writes with his left hand, but does everything else with his right hand. {It works the same way in quad, but with paws, and he doesn't write but rather "scribes" various phrases into bark and leaves with his claws.}

häbïts Eskat's only habit is also his odd quirk, which is where he speaks to inanimate objects.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

favorites

ƈσʅσɾ A light, washed-out sky blue, like the predawn sky.
    ɯҽαƚԋҽɾ Bright, sunny clear days, with a light but persistent cool wind.
    ƚιɱҽ σϝ ԃαყ Early morning, where the sky has only just fleshed out to full blue and the sun has not yet fully warmed the earth.
    ɳυɱႦҽɾ He doesn't really have a favorite number, though both 42 and 53 appeal to him.
    ϝσσԃ Crunchy green romaine lettuce, served with orange blossom honey and the occasional carp or trout.
    ԃɾιɳƙ Cool, clear, fresh, mountain river water.
    αɳιɱαʅ An owl, the "wise bird". Though they really aren't, he still appreciates the rumor and they are often the subject of his stories.
    ρʅαɳƚ That's a very tough one, but among them: hibiscus {cranberry or the classic sort}, orange trees, azaleas, and and black orchids.

likes and dislikes

✘ Being away from nature/in a city, where the fresh air
is polluted and modernity is the supreme ruler.

✘ Very loud noises {unless it's a dramatic storytelling technique}.
✘ Ice. After a near-death accident on a thin sheet of ice,
Eskat has a deep-rooted dislike for the slippery, semitransparent surface.
✔ Water, especially flowing rivers.
✔ Being alone with only himself, and nature.
✔ Storytelling- no matter who is listening, or what he is telling.

By adeli_123aa
Last edited by The One & Only Vapor on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:50 am, edited 9 times in total.
hello there! i'm the...

...one & only vapor.

check out my art shop!! [click words or dragon]

they/them pronouns please

nontheist • pro-choice • LGBTQA+ rights • INFJ • feminist
agender • pansexual

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The One & Only Vapor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clara Erassari » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:51 am

Possible reserve~ <3 I have the idea of making him a "Guider"; kinda like a Will-o'-the-wisp.
Last edited by Clara Erassari on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Erassari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:51 am

-- ιηтяσ∂υ¢тιση --

~ υsεяηαмε ~
    Hello, I'm NorthKraujo, you can call me whatever you like! Most users call me Kraujo!

-- gєт тσ кησω --

~ ηαмε ~
    Kiyoshi

~ ηιcкηαмε ~
    Kiyo

~ gεη∂εя ~
    Male

~ αgε ~

~ ηαтισηαℓ σяιgιη ~
    Japanese

~ ρεяsσηαℓιтү ~
    Knowledgeable -

Intelligent -

Youthful -

Observant -

Serious -

Humble -

Independent -

-- ѕтσяу ¢σяηєя --

~ sтσяү ~
    Anthro POV -

So, the names Kiyoshi, a young guardian of the Hidyo mansion. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking, what kind of name is Hidyo? It's a family name, it's been passed down through generations, I just happen to be the one in the family who owns the family mansion. I respect the generations of my family, and soon it'll be passed down to the children I have, but for now, I have to worry for the mansion.

I'm not alone in this very mansion, I have a butler, and a few servants, I wouldn't be able to stand being alone, I fear being alone, it's something passed down in my family, it skips from one child to another, my family is known for having the fear of being alone, it's why we keep someone by our side, for me, it's my dear butler. He stays at my side, as soon as I die, he'll keep the mansion in line, even if there is no Hidyo to order him around. It was an order from me, and he'll keep the promise he made; He'll protect the mansion and keep it in line, even if I am no longer here.

The staff I carry is a sign of my family, each generation, we would carry a staff, no matter how it looked, the lanterns on my staff represent my parents, the orange; My mother, and the green; My father. These lanterns keep me in line, they remind me that my family has generations to come, and my parents would want our family line to keep going through generations, even if it does stop, there will be another to keep the mansion in line.

The Hidyo family has been here for generations, and there will be more, no matter how long it takes, no matter if the generation now dies, there will be another, never forget. The Hidyo family stands here strong, we are never ready to give up our place in this word, we will keep our promises. We will hold our place.

~ ғυтυяε вεℓιεғs ~
    Anthro POV;

Future beliefs, huh?

I believe our family will stay strong, and keep going for generations to come, I won't let our line die, I can keep our place in the world. My parents believe I can, and I'll make them proud, I'll make them believe that our family has a right in this world. Our family stands tall! No matter what! The Hidyo family is strong.

-- αηтняσ ∂єѕ¢яιρтιση --

~ εүε cσℓσυя ~
    Dark Green

~ нαιя cσℓσυя ~
    A navy blue

~ вσ∂ү ∂εcяιρтιση ~
    Skinny, yet has strong muscles

~ cℓσтнεs ∂εscяιρтιση ~
    He wears A brown jacket and a red tank top with red and yellow shorts, Kiyoshi is usually never wearing shoes, he carries his staff, and sometimes a sword, but he's rarely seen with one.

-- яєℓαтισηѕнιρѕ --

~ яεℓαтισηsнιρs ~
    Mother - Mrs. Hidyo - Deceased
    Father- Mr. Hidyo - Deceased
    Younger siblings - (If there is a RU, that'll be his sibling)
    Future generations - None

~ яεℓαтισηsнιρ нιsтσяү~
    Mother and Father - Kiyoshi's mother and father lived with him until the age of 6, they died in a mansion fire, Kiyoshi and his sibling(s) were survivors, Though his parents weren't able to make it out in time

Siblings - (Will be the RU) His younger sibling was born a few years after him, they would always smile and play together until the fire happened.

~ ғαмιℓү нιsтσяү ~
    My family history is quite harsh, Our mansion has been rebuilt many times, Our mansion has never survived a fire, every generation, there has been a fire, it's something most likely cursed on my family, our mansion will always be burned down on the birthday of the next generation.

-- мσяє ιηƒσямαтιση --

~ ℓιкεs αη∂ ∂ιsℓιкεs ~
    ✘ Darkness and day
    ✘ Being alone
    ✘ Fires
    ✘ Death
    ✘ His siblings getting hurt
    ✘ Shoes
    ✘ Socks
    ✘ Leaving his mansion unprotected
    ✘ Hurting his family and friends

✔ Light and night
    ✔ Time
    ✔ Being a hero
    ✔ His staff
    ✔ His siblings
    ✔ Protecting his mansion

~ ғαvσυяιтεs ~
    He favors his sibling(s)
    His mansion
    His staff
    And his family

~ ғεαяs αη∂ ρнσвιαs ~
    Kiyoshi has a fear of being alone, he can always be seen with someone

-- тнє тнємє --

~ тнεмε sσηg ~

-- тнє αят ¢σяηєя --

~ αят cσяηεя ~
    ~ Done by me

-- συтяσ --
    So there it is, my whole form for this pretty boy! Good luck to everyone! And congrats to the future winner of him!
Last edited by witchcrafting on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 am, edited 10 times in total.
• George • He/They • Funnee Block Men Enjoyer
TH

witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PFDC » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:52 am

Res
Leaving CS
PFDC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pIanted » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:59 am

eee
      Possible reserve with the name... Lahdna
      -site link here-
Last edited by pIanted on Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
they/them pronouns!
[ I am not at all active on this platform atm. might change in the future, might not. ]

deviantart || my characters
[ was lucky cerise and date m8 ]
pIanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me