Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tiger Adoptions [New Thread] by Qualeo

Based on Click to view
Artist Qualeo [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 50 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tiger Adoptions [New Thread]

Postby Qualeo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:43 pm

Last edited by Qualeo on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ask for artist credit | Deviantart | Characters |Kiamaras |Art NOT by me
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby Qualeo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Species Information

The tigers adopted from this adoption center range in many different colors, be it natural or unnatural. They ALWAYS have stripes in some form. Tigers are permitted to have accessories, but are rarely anything human related. Beads are an acceptable common accessory. They also rarely have any line edits, such as hair and fangs, but every so often a tiger may appear that has edits.

A tiger's night vision is not as strong as other animals, but is 6 times better than a humans comparatively. This aids them in hunting, which is an activity they do usually at night. The males tigers generally hunt and find food, but when they are in a group, allow the females and cubs to eat first. They will patiently wait until the females and cubs are finished before taking their turn. Unfortunately, many tiger hunts are unsuccessful and they may go several days before they manage to kill something for food. However, they also starve faster than most other animals despite their ability to go without food for several days at a time. When they do manage to hunt, however, they are able to easily adapt to their prey.

Tigers generally roam by themselves or in groups called ambushes or streaks. Females tigers take care of the cubs, as the male tigers rarely have anything to do with their cubs.

Tigers may breed with other cat species, such as lions, to produce interesting hybrids. Tigers generally try to breed to ensure large offspring, but female lions produce smaller offspring. Generally, a male lion and a female tiger will produce large offspring while a female lion and a male tiger will produce smaller offspring.

Tiger cubs are protected heavily and born in caves or enclosures due to being born blind. They stay blind for several days, leaving them incredibly vulnerable. Many tigers do not make it to adulthood due to this. For the first two months, the mother will not leave the cubs and will move them herself if she has to.

A litter of cubs may produce up to five offspring, though there have been reports of seven four. Regardless, large litters of cubs generally have several who do not survive. Of the ones that do survive, however, one cub is generally the "dominant" one and tells the other cubs what to do. Usually it is a male cub, but it may also be a female at times. Male cubs are generally more adventurous than females, making their survival rate lower than that of a female.

Tigers live about 25 years and are an endangered species.
Last edited by Qualeo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tiger Adoptions [No Posting]

Tiger types

More information

This adoption center is generally filled with many different kinds of multi-colored and strange tigers, but we do have a few specific tigers that have an official name.

Siberian Tigers

Siberian tigers generally take on the common orange/white/black colored design we've all come to know. They are the largest living Felid, a.k.a the family of the cats. They are an officially endangered species, but can be found common in this adoption center.

Bengal Tigers

Bengal tigers are the most commonly found tiger, though they are also endangered.

Special colorations

Maltese Tigers

Maltese tigers are an incredibly rare, if not extinct coloration of tigers. Their fur is bluish with dark gray stripes. There have been no confirmed reports of a Maltese tiger. Most of the "reports" have been of a critically endangered sub species known as the South Chinese tigers. Due to their endangerment status, you will not find the South Chinese type here, but you may find a Maltese if you look hard enough.

Black Tigers

Black tigers are yet another rare coloration of tigers. Like Maltese, there have been no confirmed reports of Black tigers.

White Tigers

White tigers are a recessive mutant gene of this particular species, though are very rare. They are part bengal.They are not albino tigers however - as there has only ever been one documented occurrence of a true albino tiger. They may only be bred when the two parents both carry the white tiger gene. Regardless, the white gene is still rare even when the circumstances are right. Most , if not all, white tigers are bred in captivity. They are all related.

Golden Tigers

Golden tigers are yet another recessive gene of the tiger species. Their fur is thicker than a normal tiger and are very rare. They are part Bengal and may actually contain white tiger genes as well, resulting in white tiger cubs instead of golden tiger cubs.
Last edited by Qualeo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hybrids

res.
Last edited by Qualeo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News

Postby Qualeo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:45 pm

res.
Last edited by Qualeo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Customs

Postby Qualeo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:53 pm

res.
Last edited by Qualeo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby Qualeo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:54 pm

res.
Last edited by Qualeo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tiger Adoptions [Posting Open - Artist Comp.]

Postby shinjitaro » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Marking for sure 030 I have allways kind of wanted a tiger character i will get one...hopefully.
-

┌───────────────────────┐

hey, i'm shin.
i've pretty much quit cs, but feel free to
contact me if you need me!
i'll check back every now and then.
🌼
yojire <--- my username everywhere else

└────────────────────────┘
shinjitaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mkairalla1 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Tigers are my favorite animals!! Sadly... I can't be an artist cuz I have no artistic abilitys....:(

Do you know yet how much customs will be...:3
mkairalla1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawnsummer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Tracking!
Hello there! I am back on CS after a 5 year hiatus! Just trying to re-familiarize myself with the site. A few things about me:

-I am still collecting lions! If you have any lions I don't, please send me a trade!
-Some of my stuff is outdated. Stuff like my group names, trade rules, etc. may stay outdated for a bit while I get used to things again
-I am LGBT
-Black Lives Matter

Thanks for your patience!

Dawnsummer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me