Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Plains Sleipnir Adoption Center by Zitface

Based on Click to view
Artist Zitface [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Plains Sleipnir Adoption Center

Postby Zitface » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 am

PLEASE STOP REITERATING "SLEIPNIR HAVE EIGHT LEGS". I'VE KNOWN THAT FOR OVER TEN YEARS, THANKS. I GET IT. THEY'RE NOT LITERAL SLEIPNIR, SO STOP ASKING. WHAT THEY ARE IS EXPLAINED IN FURTHER DETAIL BELOW, SO I SUGGEST YOU READ IT, THANKS.

BASICS
Plain Sleipnir live in the valley of the Po River in Italy, and occasionally a few will wander into the system of ancient canyons known as the "Apennine Foredeep". The 'Sleipnir' are distant evolutionary descendants of the Rapid Heavy Draft.
Plains Sleipnir are omnivorous scavenger-hunters, and lean heavily to carrion when it is available. When there is no carrion, wild Sleipnir will snatch away a pig or two from the farmers that raise them in the Po Valley. When feeding, the youngest eat first. Sleipnir are not averse to cannibalism, and when one in a herd reaches about the age of 38-40, they will be pecked off and eaten.

BEHAVIOUR
Sleipnir are not aggressive, but will immediately behave so if they are provoked past their limit. Their tusks and third pair of legs makes them exceptionally dangerous, as they do not need to rear up to attack, so they are best left alone if they are behaving moodily. Sleipnir typically use their tusks and third pair of legs to fight for mates, hunt, and defend themselves.
Unlike most equines, both parents of a foal will participate actively in it's life. Both dam and/or sire will take roles in taking care of their young, and will do so for at least two years, even after the young is fully matured.
Sleipnir are extremely longevous, and live for up to forty years. Occasionally one will live to fifty if they are solitary, or survive the attacks from other stallions when they grow old.

DOMESTIC SLEIPNIR
Sleipnir are easily domesticated, as they are docile and curious by nature. While most of them are extremely clever, they are confident enough around humans to even let one ride them if they needed to. While it isn't extremely difficult to domesticate a grown Sleipnir, it's widely recommended to "rob the cradle", as they say. While snatching a Sleipnir foal isn't the safest thing to do, it's got more benefits than cons. A grown Sleipnir doesn't hold a grudge, and they appear to force themselves to forget the foal after it's taken.
Sleipnir make good riding and work horses, as both their legs and their back are very strong and robust. Their docile and patient nature also makes them great hippotherapy horses.

TL;DR?
-Aggressively defends self when provoked
-Overly-attached helicopter parents
-Males and females both participate in rearing young
-Fully mature at one year of age
-Lives for about forty years
-Scavenger-hunters
-Omnivorous
-Cannibalistic
- Typically use their tusks and third pair of legs to fight for mates, hunt, and defend themselves
- Easily domesticated

The range of heights for the Italian Plain Sleipnir is between 15hh at the lowest and 22.3 at the highest. In feet, for clarity, this is 5 to 7 or 8 feet.
I'll allow any giants to remain giants though, no worries, but in the future, lets keep them at a normal [rideable?] height. high, and weighs between 1,320 and 1,540 pounds [600 and 700 kg].

Sleipnir can come in any horse color and pattern. Strangely enough, Lethal White Syndrome does not have an effect on these creatures, signifying they might have something other than equine genes as well. Despite that, Sleipnir that are homozygous for Lethal White, meaning it will be displayed, have an extremely shortened lifespan, that being about ten to twenty years.

In addition to the previous post of mine, I'm going to allow a new feature to be integrated into the PS species:

As well, if one fits enough into the breed standard or the Rapid Heavy Draft, it could be accepted into the registry alongside actual Rapid Heavy Drafts. Rare occurrence, but it can happen.

If you own a Sleipnir and would like it to be in the theoretical RHD "registry", PM me, pick a number between 1 and 15, and I'll use a random number generator to decide whether it "qualifies" or not. The odds are 1 in 15, as a Sleipnir qualifying strongly enough is rare.
As well, you have to go to the artist of your Sleipnir FIRST to see if they are willing to add in the brand [See Nemo. Her brand is on her neck, it's hard to see, sorry. And here's a ref of the brand ] before coming to me.
If they do not want to add the brand because they do not think they are capable of pulling it off, then do not heckle them. Maybe they could add someone to color it in to add the brand in their place.

Color Calculator (for breeding )

Affiliates

Breeding will be done through the nursery. Once that is up you will post the form below to apply for a litter. Breeding is closed until the nursery opens.

Plains Sleipnir can reproduce via asexual reproduction or sexual reproduction, meaning there can be a breeding pair of two stallions, two mares, or a mare and a stallion.
As well, due to their unique reproductive anatomies, Sleipnir can breed with any kind of equine that is fertile.
If you wish to breed a Sleipnir with a normal horse character, I'll allow it. If you wish to breed a Sleipnir with a character of an original CS species, such as Siberian Monks [JUST AN EXAMPLE, we are in no way affiliated], you must ask the creator of the species if they'll allow it as well. I also need proof they agreed, preferably in the form of a screenshot.

This form will be posted in the Nursery, as it is to be used to order breedings.

Nursery

Username:
Dam's link:
Sire's link:
Permission to breed if the Sleipnir are not both yours:
Tentatively who's getting the foal:

MAIN RULES
-Follow all of CS's rules
- Don't ask for customs, I will announce when they are available.
- Do not ask to be an artist, I will run a contest when I need artists.
- 10 Sleipnir per person
- Please respect staff and others that may be posting here.
- Do not claim Plains Sleipnir as your own, nor copy them, please and thank.
-Do not edit the form given to you in any way other than filling it out unless it is stated you can.

ARTIST RULES
-Please make at least one per week
- Do not use the fire mane unless you ask me permission and I give you permission.
- Do not make a "Lethal" White unless you ask me permission and I give you permission.
-In addition, if you do get permission to make a Lethal White, please know what they look like. I know the reference pictures available may be unsettling, but that's just how it goes.
- Please use only natural colors. The only exception is the fire mane.
- Only two customs per artist. The exception is in the case of an event, where artists can participate in raffles for customs.

Owner:

Mods:

Artists:
The following people can create Sleipnir, and may have two customs each.
Brandfuchs
TenMomentsTill
WildHorse32
Venari
♥Dimentio♥
Tᙡї$tᙓᖙ_Кiттєи

Guest Artists:

Breeders:
The following people can create foals in the nursery and color in the foal's adult refs.
Bink's Sake
Tᙡї$tᙓᖙ_Кiттєи
Brandfuchs
WildHorse32

Archives

Owned by Bink's Sake.
Last edited by Zitface on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 am, edited 23 times in total.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Suggestions and Complaints/FAQ Masterpost

Postby Zitface » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:21 am

Suggestions

If suggestions are posted, they will be grouped here.
From that point, all staff may discuss the suggestions and decide if we will act on them, if at all possible.

Complaints

Milton is the head of the complaint department. He also handles FAQs.
The same policy as above applies here. For now it is empty until we get some questions or complaints.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Plains Sleipnir Adoption Center

Postby Zitface » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:27 am

We are now open for posting!
I'll be uploading a Sleipnir soon ;y
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phönixfeder2000 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:30 am

ya,I own the first Plain Sleipnir!She is very cute!You have a very cool species!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚."━━━━━━━━━━━

Phönixfeder2000

Drawing, Anime, Music, Pokemon,
Gaming, Vampire Diaries <3

Sad Soul

━━━━━━━━━━━━“𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘… 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆.”━━━━━━

Treats given: 83
Tricks given: 15
Phönixfeder2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zitface » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:45 pm

The nursery is now up, but it is not open. It will open once we have some artists.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zitface » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:53 am

The nursery is now open, and the poster child of the Plains Sleipnir, Tytus [the big guy up there on the picture] is available for breeding! If you've got a Sleipnir that you want to breed with him, drop by and drop a form :3
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowflop » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:31 am

just here to admit im stalking around here C:
i love these so muchs. im going to enter the artist comp, do art for an entry, and do fanart of Oreo.❤
On a permanent semi-Hiatus - I only log in once every few months

ImageImage
Adopted Pets/Characters
My characters
My Flight Rising
My simas
My rpws
My Tolters
ImageImage
I just really love Niles Fire Emblem
snowflop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faymutt95 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am

These look incredible - Great species idea too!
So marking! x3
<3
Will reasonably overpay for this 2012 Summer Event dog

Faymutt95

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zitface » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:58 am

Why thank you!
#10's gonna be a special one, so look out ;y
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Tornado~ » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:35 pm

bookmarking
Birds, Reptiles, and The Elder Scrolls, and my drawing tablet, basically are all I need in life.

Hi I'm Tornado, I like animals, drawing, and The Elder Scrolls. Ive been on this site for years and am pretty friendly so im always up to chat!

Selina ref guide
Best thing since sliced cheese.
Don't do Skooma kids
Kids these days
Angel on earth
Note: Finish Cp's request At with PD

~Tornado~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes