Staff Litter Kiamara 2 - Kat; Jungle Jaguar by Temperance.

Based on Click to view
Artist Temperance. [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
91 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Staff Litter Kiamara 2 - Kat; Jungle Jaguar

Postby Temperance. » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:11 am

{ Welll let's hope this eases off a bit of the tension and excites you guys ;D

MY STAFF KIA IS HEREEEEE!!
I worked hard on him/her, not gonna lie, and while the design did go through various stagesss...this was the final product.
Really hate to give him/her away, I fell in love with this beauty, so you all better try your hardest!!!

So basically this is an IMPRESS ME contest.
I want to see your greatest, most inventive, form talents ever.
That being said I have a couple guidelines:

No more than 20 pieces of art
    ■ Creativity is everything - formatting etc. is less important than content
    ■ Unique ideas (no cliches/mary-sues/boring personalities)
    ■ Bonus for an explanation of the spear & necklace - even a small mention is good.
    ■ Meaningful name
    ■ Unusual concepts and extras
    ■ Cohesive form - personality/history/development is clear throughout
    ■ Make sure to add your username and why you want her
    ■ Please don't post if you don't plan on entering ^^
Hope its alright that I'm posting my girlie now haha!
Ignore the whole 'jungle jaguar' thing, just a title, she doesn't need to be related to the amazon or whatever

hex codes;
As promised (if a little late)
Horn, Eyes, & Jaguar Spots
Main Body Colour
Secondary Body Colour & Hair/Tail
Feather Accent Colour
Main Feather Colour

end date; Mid December (not 100% sure on dates yet)
Last edited by Temperance. on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Litter Kiamara 2 - Kat; Jungle Jaguar

Postby .oh deer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:18 am

Awh, she's a very beautiful kia. Good luck to all who enter! <3
hello world!
my name is /blurred/, but call me deery or deer if you wish.
i thought - since i'm not the much of an interesting person -
i'd just list a few of the many things that have consumed my
life, and if you share one of my interests, send over a pm. i
love talking to people with things in common and i love gif
wars. so, here's the list: [ in no particular order ]

tumblr.
Dan & Phil & Zoe & all of o2l +
feral heart
youtube
roleplay
drawing
anime
lions & other cute mammals & deer
.oh deer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grizzly Bear. » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:26 am

Dropping out
To busy D:
Last edited by Grizzly Bear. on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Grizzly Bear.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prismatic » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:29 am

gorgeous! <3
prismatic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shanika: The Wild One

Postby carmineflyer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:49 am

What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? It ain't going to happen. That's the type of person that I am. I'm that lion.
-Cam Newton

Before I had learned, sometimes a dream would come to me when I slept. I would be looking from afar, as I did on the hunt, but I would see a small child, with markings like no other big cat I had seen on the Savannah. She was wandering farther and farther away from two kiamara's shrouded in shadow, I couldn't see their faces. The little one's head disappeared into the tall grass, and I saw one of the two older kiamara's lift their head, cry out the child's name. There must have been a time when I knew when I knew the name of who she called for, but that has been mumbled over all these years. I too, call for the child, hoping to help the mother, and I never seem to find her. It was only later that I learned I was looking in all the wrong places. I only found that child when I lost myself.

.:{Username}:.
.Flyer., pleased to meet you! It was actually during this contest that I got my first kiamara, my lovely little Ker. I've been actually dropping out of most competitions to try and let non-owners have a chance, but with her... I just can't. Perhaps I've invested to much in her, but I want to win her just as much as I did Ker. I can't drop out of this contest. But enough about me, lets move on to the star of this show!

Why do I want her?
I looked at this kiamara here, and my mind was blown. I couldn't believe that sitting on my computer screen, was a "wild" kiamara who looked just like I had imagined her. As I went through various ideas for her personality, history, and more, she just started form in my mind, everything at once. After going through 3 histories, and 2 personalities to find the one that really fit her, and that I liked, she just started to become, I don't know, real to me. I would really enjoy RP with her, and I would love to expand her story and history in my writing. I can't do computer art very well, but I would also love to draw her as well, as her markings are surprisingly simple, yet look so beautiful when all put together. This is possibly one of my favorite kiamara's I have ever tried out for, and I will try my hardest in everything I do to win her. I never would have thought that I could have found a "dream kiamara," but I think I can call this lovely girl just that. I never thought I could have wanted a kiamara so much, I sketch her in my free time and think up all the little stories I could put in my form, yet don't because then it would be a huge mountain of text, more so then it already is. She is such a perfect kiamara to me and I hope I can make her my own.

.:{Name}:.
Shanika Kanoni Sarr
My name mean's "young one from the wilderness." It was given to me by the park rangers who found me, and has become my name. Before I had a knowledge of language, my name was Little-One-Long-Sharp-Tooth.Lion's aren't known for their wonderful naming skills. Once I had learned, I used my lion name to give myself my middle name: Kanoni, or "little bird." Perhaps this was also me combining my "wild self" with the "civilized person" I have become, as the women who took me in told me as I was learning: "Shanika, the little bird must fly soon. Are you testing your wings, or simply overlooking them?" Sarr is simply the name of the family who took me in, though I am told it means "unexplained." I often wondered if that was their idea of a joke, sending me to a family whose last name was "unexplained," or if that was simply just a coincidence. I often joke that my full name translated would be "the unexplained young little bird from the wilderness." Okay, sure I scrambled it up some, but you know, its all in fun.

.:{Gender}:.
I'm female. Do I look like I have a mane?

I kid, I kid! But seriously, I'm female.

.:{Personality}:.

Funny
Shanika has developed a sense of humor since she has been found, and jokes about everything: the weather, the tests, and even your bedhead, if she catches you in the morning. However, deep down, Shanika knows she jokes like this to hide her feelings about the world she was thrust into, without her consent, and you will never find her joking about the lions.
Lonely

Ever since she was taken from her pride, Shanika has felt lonely in the "civilized world." She hasn't found anyone who has loved and trusted her like the lions did, and she wonders if she ever will. When she went back to find the lions, the was only reinforced, as she found that she couldn't understand them, and they couldn't recognize her. She doesn't know if she will ever feel as if she belonged again.
Obedient
Ever since her days at the research center, Shanika has learned to follow without questioning. To fit in, in order to escape her constant surveillance, she needed to learn and convince the researchers that she was capable of learning. The easiest way to do this, she found, was to do as she was told and nothing more. She feared that if she tried to rebel, she would be put right back in that claustrophobic little room, always being monitored.
Dreamer

You will often find Shanika just sitting somewhere, probably near a window of sorts, staring out into space as she dreams of the lions. As she will tell you: "I felt more at home with the lions, then I ever did here. When I dream of them, I can feel their fur, smell them, and feel the rush of the wild as I can never feel here. I am happier in my dreams."
Curious
Shanika, like a cat, is curious about every new thing she sees. She has a thirst for knowledge about this new place, and as she gets older, tries to use this knowledge to "fit in" and try to forget all the pain and doubt she has suffered in the past, pretend she is just like any other kiamara.
Quick to Anger
As mentioned above, Shanika still acts very feral. She shows her anger as the lions would, and she settles differences much like them too. When she was younger, it was not uncommon for her to get into fights a lot with the other children her age, whenever they called her "the wild child."

Wild
Not as in she knows how to have a great time at a party. Due to the first half of her life being spen with lions, she often growls, or snarls when showing her anger. There is a certain wildness to her that it seems no one can tame.

.:{The Little Things}:.
Knocking on the door, you wait for an answer. A female kiamara opens it, her fur covered with striking spots like a wild cat, and her eyes constantly dart around, then fix on you with a stare like a predator. Confusion flies across her face, then recognition.
"Oh! You're the one who said you were coming to interview me!"
After confirming that, she users you in, where you see a little kitten greet you at the door by pouncing on your notepad.
"Gold, stop that. Sorry, he's normally very sweet. Well, sweeter then a stale piece of bread perhaps." She chuckles and rubs the kittens head, then offers you a chair. Sitting down, you turn to your notepad, ready for the interview, only to find the little kitten picking up your pen, batting it away, then shaking it in its mouth, and to top it off, running away with it.
"Golden-Paws-Little-Heart! Get back here with that!" You try to tell her that its fine, but she brushes it off and runs off after the kitten. "I'll go get him, give me a second."
Alone in the kitchen, you note a notebook lying open on the other side of the table. Walking over to it, and flipping through it, you find pictures of all sorts, flowers, leaves, rain, and lions. Mostly lions. Page after page is filled with them. Several of the pages are ripped and torn as well, scribbled out and poked through with something that was mostly likely a pencil. There is a piece of paper under the notebook, and picking it up, you see a pencil drawing of a lion. You would have looked more, but you hear footsteps, and you quickly replace all the items, and go back to sitting in the chair, just as the kiamara walks back in clutching the kitten, pen in its mouth. Taking the now slightly wet pen, you note her glance towards the notebook, now slightly out of its original position. She says nothing about it, simply sitting down and waiting for your questions. You begin.

Birthday:
I do not remember my "real birthday," but when the rangers found me, they guessed I was about twelve years old at the time. I was found on July 2nd. This was six years ago. I refuse to use my "finding date" as my birthday, for that was a day of sorrow, not celebration. Yes, I was found, yes I was "rescued," but that was the day I lost everything, my freedom, my pride, and my wild sister Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur. That was no day of celebration. I remember the lions telling me they found me in the start of "warm month, the wet month." I assume that must have been spring. So if I were to celebrate my birthday, it would be on April 24.

Phobias:
I am claustrophobic, I hate tight spaces. Ever since I was caught and held in that cage, if only for a few hours, I hate tight spaces. They feel imprisoning, and I don't like them.

What would you wish for?:
I would've thought that would've been obvious. I don't wish that I was back with the lions -well, I do, but its a little more complicated then that. I wish I was a lion, so no one would feel obligated to take me in and "educate" me. If I was a lion, things would be simpler. I would've had a family, and I would've been allowed to stay with them. And if anyone tried to take me, I would have teeth and claws and a pride to keep them away. When I was Little-One-Long-Sharp-Tooth, things were simpler. I didn't worry about my hair, or how everyone thought of me, and I believed that I would always have my pride. I was naive, perhaps, but I was happy. I had everything I ever wanted. Now... I have nothing.

Favorite Color:
Blue. It was the color of water, the life-blood of the pride. When it was blue, the herds would come, and we would eat well. The water was free, and it was something that came in cycles, so it was predictable most of the time. Yet, it was wild as well, and it could destroy as well as give life.

Favorite Animal: (Shanika answers instantly on this one, without hesitation)
The lion.

(You wait for more, but this seems to be it. There is no explaining this time, just an awkward silence you soon break with the next question)

Hobbies:
I have a few things I like to do. I sketch a lot *gestures to the notebook* do martial arts sometimes, and yoga, to keep a hold of my temper and "wildness" as some people have called it. I go jogging a lot, especially on trails or in parks, it's the closest thing I can get to running with the lions again. Sometimes I wish Golden-Paws was a "dog" instead of a cat, because then I could run with him! But I tried that once, and he didn't speak to me for a week. I also like to sculpt, something I've just learned. At least the clay can take it when I get upset, unlike the paper in my notebook.

Favorite Quote:
I never thought much of the courage of a lion tamer. Inside the cage he is at least safe from people.
-George Bernard Shaw

Favorite Possession:
My spear is the one thing that I have left from the pride. It was everything to me, for it gave the pride an advantage in hunting. I stroke the spears worn wood surface, and I remember the hunts, the pride chasing the prey towards me, were I would deliver the final blow. It also has an old favorite possession on it, though I'm not sure I would still call it "favorite." The lions said it was one of the things they found with me, a silver necklace. I look at it, and I can see a vague heart shape on it. Before it rusted shut, I would open it as a child, and see two faded pictures of two kiamaras. One looked as strong as the male of the pride Sharp-Tooth-Loud-Roar and I called him Mighty-Hunter. The other looked as swift as the cheetahs, yet as kind and soft as my lion-mother Many-Cubs-Kind-Heart. I called her Swift-Heart. I would play that I ran with them as I did with the pride, and marveled and wondered at who they were. The pictures faded over time, and soon I could no longer see Mighty-Hunter and Swift-Heart. The locket soon rusted shut after all my time on the Savannah, and it just became a bother. After one of the cubs nearly choked me to death in a tussle when they got ahold of it, I took it off and tied it around my spear, so Mighty-Hunter could grant me strength during the hunt, and so Swift-Heart could grant me speed. It was my lucky charm, though now it represents mans-world and not the lions. I'm not sure if I can still love it the way I did.

Friends and Enemies:
Friends:
Golden-Paws-Little-Heart: Shanika's little kitten, given as a gift to her from Amaka when she first moved out of the research center. He is always there for Shanika, and is one of the best friends she could have.
Faith: Shanika met Faith at a track meet that Amaka forced her to go too. She was one of the few people who didn't whisper behind Shanika's back about "the wild child," and a mutual friendship formed between them. Faith was one of the first kiamara's to simply accept Shanika for who she was, and is Shanika's first friend.
Akeelah: Shanika had been drawing in the park one day when this little kiamara came up to her to watch her draw the lions. Every day, this child appeared at Shanika's side as she drew. This slowly formed into a friendship, and Shanika began to teach her how to draw, showing her how to shade and how to commit a scene to memory. This is a quiet friendship, but you will often find the two sitting under the shade of a tree, Shanika drawing, Akeelah watching.

Enemies:
Shanika knows many people who dislike her, bully her, or whisper behind her back about "the wild child." However, she knows none who she can call an "enemy."
The Stories of Her Life
These are all writen when Shanika was first found at age twelve, and elapses perhaps two years after that. Her current life is still a story being told...
The Feathers
Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur and I are spying on the moving-cold-stone. It is packed with people, and we want to know why. If they are going to hunt in our territory, we will alert Sharp-Tooth-Loud-Roar, and he will probably organize a war party to chase them off. But this strange pride doesn't seem to be hunting just yet. The moving-cold-stone moves on, and me and my sister follow it, out of sight. If they mean us harm, it will do us no good to be seen. Following the moving-cold-stone, we see it come up on a herd of zebra. Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur lets out a slow snarl, they are getting too close to the herd for anything but hunting. Still, I caution her. They have done nothing wrong yet. My instincts turn out to be right. Instead of rushing the herd, most of the people seem to be taking out little boxes that flash, and are pointing them in the direction of the herd. The strange objects keep flashing, and Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur and I have to hold in our laughter. If this pride wanted food, then they won't get it by flashing lights at the herd. We will report back to Sharp-Tooth-Loud-Roar that this strange pride is no threat, except to themselves. They will starve if they do not figure out how to hunt properly. Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur wants to go report now. I tell her to go, but I will watch the moving-cold-stone longer. She gives me a worried look, and I tell her I will stay out of sight. With a worried huff, she stalks off, and her form is soon swallowed by the tall grass.
Following the moving-cold-stone more though, I soon get bored. All it does is follow the herd around and point the little boxes at it. Nothing new. Then a flash of color catches my eye. One of the people are wearing bright blue feathers, dangling from different places. I marvel at them, they are so bright and colorful, and stand out on the persons otherwise normal features.
I feel a breeze begin to blow, and I sigh in contentment, the breeze is very welcome in the otherwise hot savanna. The person however, lets out a cry of anger, and looking back at them, I see the breeze has blown four of the feathers away from them. I let out a little cry of happiness, even as the person argues with another person in the front of the moving-cold-stone (I guess he is the "top male" of that pride). I run out after the feathers, following them carefully, so I don't lose them. I hear another cry from the moving-cold-stone, and for one second, I fear that someone has seen me.
I double my speed, only stopping when I am sure I am hidden in the tall grass. I find the feathers caught under some dirt, and I brush them off, and look at their bright, vibrant colors. I look back in the direction of the moving-cold-stone rather guiltily, but I consult myself with the fact that the person had many more of the feathers. Walking back to the pride, I stroke them, feeling their softness. I notice then that all of the feathers have little bits of string attached to them, and I remember that the person had them tied on their tail, hands, and several dangling from their ears. Could I do that too?
Reaching the pride, several of the cubs wobbly run over to me. They see the bright colors in my hands, and they beg me if they can have some of the colors too. I know what will happen to the feathers eventually, most likely lost and forgotten when the cubs tire of them, but I give them a small one anyway. I still have three that I can have. Reaching the shade of a tree were Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur lies, I show her my find. She is uninterested, telling me if I had more of them, I would look half bird. I shove at her for that, who would want to be a bird? They don't have teeth or claws. Sure they can fly, but they can't work together like the pride. Please. Still, I carefully tie one of the feathers to my tail, and marvel at the brilliant blue color against the scraggly black fur on my tail. Then, figuring my ears, I find the two little holes that the cubs put in my ears a few weeks ago. I was so mad at them for that, and chased them all around the camp, trying to get them back, though it soon turned into a game were they all held me down and licked me until I told them I wasn't mad anymore. I tie the other two feathers into the holes, and ask Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur how I look. She gives me that uninterested look again, but I can tell she's jealous. I shove her over, and tell her that if I find another feather like it, I'll give it to her. Then I remember the feather I gave to the cubs, and I tell her mischievously that the cubs might also give her a feather. It is at this point where our younger sibling, one of the little cubs, comes over to us and plops a rather mangled and wet feather in Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur's lap showing her in great pride, the "very scary predator" that she has just fought and won against. Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur gives me a look of great annoyance, to which I respond with my biggest smile.

Finding Shanika
The pride is restless today. Sharp-Tooth-Loud-Roar wants to go hunting, for Many-Cubs-Kind-Heart has new cubs, and they are crying for milk. The herd will be passing the river today, and Sharp-Tooth-Loud-Roar knows the crocodiles will try and take some of the weaker ones. He says we should attack as the herd flees from the river. We agree. Leaving the younger females with Many-Cubs-Kind-Heart and the new cubs, the pride stalks out to hunt. I walk beside my lion-sister Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur. The two of us are directed to go and wait at the ambush site. I take my spear, rolling it around in my palm. It is my claws and teeth, and if I lose it, or mess up, I will die on this hunt. It has happened to many lions before me, and I will not let it happen to me. We hear the yips of the zebra, and we wait.
Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur, sniffs the air, and I know the pride has isolated a zebra. We wait, and soon we hear the pounding of hooves getting closer. Finally, I see Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur tense and crouch, and we leap out at an unspoken signal. I see the zebra and the pride nipping at its heels. I lunge out with my spear, and Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur grabs the zebra it her jaws. Soon, the zebra's struggles stop, and the lions lunge in, only to be stopped my Sharp-Tooth-Loud-Roar. He gets the say in who gets what. I eat quickly, and grab some to take back to Many-Cubs-Kind-Heart. The pack knows I carry the meat, and leaves the remainder of the zebra for later.
We go back to where Many-Cubs-Kind-Heart rests with her cubs, and I give her the meat. She wolfs some of it down, then pushes the rest towards the cubs, who look at it, sniff it, but don't to much else with it. The pride is winding down, and I can see most of the members playing. I get a mischievous idea, and sneak up behind Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur. With a play-growl, I leap at her, and knock her to the ground, and we roll over and over, tussling. Finally I jump off her, and she rolls over on her side, and I crow in pretend victory, while she fakes agonizing defeat. Getting up, she knocks against me playfully, and then takes off running. I growl in pretend annoyance, she knows I can't run as fast as her. I take off after her anyway, trying in vain to catch up, when suddenly, a gun shot sounds, and Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur drops to the ground.
I cry out, as does the rest of the pride, who both run away, and run towards Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur. Sharp-Tooth-Loud-Roar cries out to me, telling me there's nothing we can do, we must run before they get us too. He roars a cry to the pride: humans! We are sent into a frenzy, most running away to save themselves. But I feel something that isn't lion, and I run to Hunts-Swiftly-Soft-Fur, and tug at her trying to help her get up. I touch her side, and I see a hole with blood, and I cry out for her. I can see her panic in her eyes, and I can see her pain. I feel something run down my face. Touching it, I see that it is water. What is going on? My mind responds, and the lump in my throat grows, my heart beating: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Then I hear the shout of people, and I see them running towards me, shouting things I don't understand. One of them grabs my arm, shakes me roughly, yelling it my face. I snarl at him: You killed my sister! I lash out at him and the others, biting and clawing them. Several of the pride comes, roaring at them, and I see my spear and grab it. The pride stands behind me, and then I hear the "bam-bam" and I see the two young males fall. This scares me and the rest of the pride, most flee, but some stay. I yell at the men and we fight until there is no "we" just me. They shove me into a small cage, and I cry out at them, roar and growl, and lash out at them whenever they come close.
When night falls, I see five pelts of my family, and I scream at them for what they have done. I claw at the cage, snapping one of the bars in my rage. I hear yells when I do this, and they point one of the death-sticks at me. I stop thrashing when they do this, but I keep growling at them. They killed my family, and I will see them hurt for everything they have done. I don't sleep, but continue to scream and growl, which means they don't sleep ether. Suddenly, light blares all over the camp, and I wonder how the sun rose so quickly. But this is no sun, I see many people spilling out of the moving-cold-stones. They hold death-sticks too, and I scream at them too, for those are the weapons that killed my family. When I scream, one of them points to me, and I hear outrage in them too. Suddenly, I am afraid. What is going on?
Later, I am out of the cage, but tied in the back of a moving-cold-stone. I try not to fall asleep, let down my guard, but I do. Later, when I open my eyes, I see bright lights, and there is women over me. She is saying something to me, in their strange language, and I try to growl at her to, for she is human too, and humans killed my family. She doesn't start like the others and instead, I see her eyes full of sadness and pity too. It is the same thing I saw in the prides eyes, when Hunts-Swiftly-Soft Fur died. I listen to her.

"Shanika. Shanika, listen to me."
I turn, from the corner I have been siting in. "Why... Listen?" The words are strange on my tongue, and I struggle to say them. The women, who I now know whose name is Amaka, tells me I have come so far in the year I have been here. But if I want to get out, then I need to learn.
"My family is willing to take you in. You can come out of this place. You won't have to live here. But you will have to return for your lessons."
I struggle with what to say. She can see me struggling, and walks over to me, places a hand on my shoulder. I do not flinch and shield away like I use to.
"We found this with the men, who told us it was yours. It was on the spear."
I turn towards her, and look at her. I have forgotten so much, and I do not know what it could be. Amaka takes out a small rusted silver heart. I take it, and hold it close to my heart. There is so much that I have forgotten. Who will I be when I walk out of this place? Shanika and Little-One-Long-Sharp-Tooth are two different girls. Which one of them will I be?

The Little Lion
"Welcome to your new home Shanika!" Amaka and her husband say to me. I force a smile, and step over the threshold of the door, all my possessions stored in one of the researcher lab bags with their logo plastered all over it. It carries a pair of jeans, a few shirts, a drawing kit and the ratty little lion plushie I was given at the lab. My spear is in the car, Amaka has promised me that I can keep it.
"Shanika, would you like to see your room?"
"Sure!" My voice sounds happy, if forced, and I am pleased with the fact that I can disguise what I am truly feeling. It helps, as whenever I become anything other then happy or pleased, I have people flocking all around me, going: "Oh just calm yourself now... Deep breaths." Drives me insane. Amaka leads me too my room, and for one second, I see the lion on the bed and believe that the lions have come back for me, that I will back to my true home now, and I can live there forever. But then Amaka flips on the lights, and I see that it is just another plush toy, though perhaps one of the most realistic I have seen, for it is about the size of a juvenile lion and bears many resemblances to the lions, at least in looks. But when I run my hand over the fur, it is obviously fake, a fact I am glad of, and it smells of cleaner and fabric, too artificial for a lion. Amaka notices my fixation.
"We got that just for you. After all, it is your birthday!"
I think back to the years spent in the research facility. When they first tried to celebrate my birthday on the day I was found, I had made it clear that I would like my birthday to be on the day the lions found me. I guess Amaka remembered that.
"Thank you." There is nothing forced now. I am grateful that she is trying to make me feel welcome, but... I brush away those thoughts, and take out the little ratty plush lion I had named Sorrowful-Roar at the lab, and place it next to the big lion. Perhaps I will think up a name for that one later. Old habits die hard I guess. But my new "pride" is pitiful next to my true pride. How I miss them...
"Shanika, there's something in the kitchen we got you. Would you like to see it? Or should I say, him?" Amaka gives a knowing smile. She knows she has caught my interest. I use to belive that whenever I got a visitor, that the lions would come to get me. Now I know better. But "him?" I have always been curious, and though spending time alongside humans has numbed that into quiet obedience, I feel a small spark of my curiosity return. I dutifully follow Amaka into the kitchen and find a box sitting on the table. It's too small to hold a lion, but too big to hold any small trinket. I look at Amaka, who dips her head towards it, motioning for me to open it. I follow her guidance, and open the box, noting the air holes at the top, and noticing the fact that the box wasn't taped in any way. A little shape erupts from the box, sending me jumping back with a surprised snarl, ready to confront the attacking creature, which says:
"Meow?"
I study my opponent quickly, noting the retractable claws, little, the sharp teeth, and the lack of any (noticeable) fighting features. Judging by the shape of its body, it is rather young, and I would almost say it was a little lion, judging from the color and other feline features, though it doesn't have a mane, though it is obviously a "he" and doesn't have the right type of face. Nor to lions get this small. Judging that my opponent is weaker then I am due to the fact it is a cub (though the mother may be close, so I should act quickly before she gets here) I decided to just go for the attack, wishing I hadn't left my spear in the car. Then Amaka ruins my plans.
"Shanika stop! It's a cat. A kitten. Not an enemy. Relax. You aren't in danger. Breath in and out slowly..." I almost roll my eyes in exasperation. Is that their response to everything I do? Breath in and out slowly... Please. Though since Amaka tells me its not a threat, I stop and study it. The "kitten" comes up to be, and rubs against my arm.
"Shouldn't we get away? The mother could be close." I don't dare to touch it if I know the mother will be near.
"No Shanika. House cats aren't like lions. We bought this kitten, and the mother let us take it. Its yours now, to take care of."
I though she said it was a "kitten?" Now its a "house cat?" What is it? Make up your mind! And what sort of feline mother would let her baby go? Let a person not of her own species take it? And give it too me? The mother doesn't even know me! This is a very weird world. What's next? Next Amaya will be telling me that the moving-cold-stones (I now know they are called "cars") will grow wings and fly. Please. Nothing can fly except the birds.
"Go on Shanika. You can hold him." Amaka scoops up the kitten/house cat in her arms, and I try to mimic what she does with her arms to hold the kitten. I don't get why she just doesn't pick it up by the scruff of its neck, like the lions do, but she tells me that the cat (I thought you said it was a kitten/house cat?) won't like that. I cuddle the cat/kitten/house cat in my arms, and I hear it start to purr.

"Are you going to give it a name?" Amaka seems positively delighted at my little smile to the cat/kitten/house cat.
"A name?" I think it over. Then look the cat/kitten/house cat over. "Golden-Paws-Little-Heart."
"That's a long name... Perhaps you should shorten it to Goldenpaws. Were did you get it?"
"That's how the lions named each other." I guess I will call him Golden-Paws for short. Though his name will be Golden-Paws-Little-Heart. Golden-Paws for his color, Little for his size, and Heart for how I feel when I hold him. I look up to see were Amaka has gone, and find her rapidly scribbling notes about lion naming techniques. I sigh, and holding Golden-Paws-Little-Heart, trudge off to my room. Willing they always treat me like this? Take notes whenever I say things about the lions? Shutting the door, I set Goldenpaws down on the floor and watch him run around, looking at this, then that, pouncing on the ratty lion plush, rolling over and over with it, then dragging some stuffing out of it, presenting it too much just like my little lion sisters use to do. I see so much like the lions did, the way he moves as he runs, the way he crouches, small muscles bunching up, the way he blinks his eyes as he looks at me. He is my little lion.

.:{Playlist}:.
In The Next Life
Wake Me UP
Song of the Caged Bird
Demons

.:{Art}:.
Sculpture by me.
XXX By purplepandaj
XXX By Bella.
XXX By RenaiRoa
XXX By Icefelis
XXX By Puffee
XXX By Puffee
XXX By me
XXX By me
XXX By me
XXX By me
XXX By me
XXX By me
XXX By me
13 pieces
Last edited by carmineflyer on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:41 am, edited 41 times in total.
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellyBoo » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:08 am

Possible Reserve. More than likely but I'm trying for a few Kias so.... Yeah :P
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

wild and deadly.

Postby rubble » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:24 am

reserve
Last edited by rubble on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Eclipse. » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Mmmm. Res I really like her
■ she/her
■ sagittarius
My KalonsImage
.Eclipse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Litter Kia 2 - Jungle Jaguar; zendaya - the wild one

Postby .Sweet-Paradise. » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Dropping out.
I lost connection and motivation
Last edited by .Sweet-Paradise. on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:32 am, edited 21 times in total.
My Box wrote:Hai! I'm .Sweet-Paradise. I'm moving into an account with my twin sister! As of now if you have anything to speak to me about, chat me up there.

.Sweet-Paradise.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby finoodle » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Username;;
Hello, I am Cute6066! I have currently have 0 Kias. I would like this beautiful girl to be my first, this is going to be long so I suggest you relax and read my awesome form!

Name;;
This is Cheetara, I made up this name I just thought it sounded cool <3 I made it because I thought She had cheetah spots(Lol, I know they are jaguar!).

Age;;
Cheetara is 18 years old.

Personality;;
Wild
Creative
Strong
Noble
Crazy
Last edited by finoodle on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Wifey || Wifu || Want accessories or items on your bean? Just ask! I will gladly do them for free!
finoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me