Artist Berkshire [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
170 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

JBD # 595 ends on the 17th

Postby Berkshire » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:04 pm

What is a Jellybean Dragon?

A Jellybean Dragon is a fluffy, friendly dragon that hatches from a jellybean-like egg. Their diet consists of fruits and insects, but they also love sweets and desserts. Their fur is soft and long, usually brightly colored, neat, and shiny. Jellybean Dragons are mostly gentle and happy, and love attention. Most are Great Dane-sized when they are fully grown, but some of them can grow as big as a cow. All Jellybean Dragons have pouches on their bellies, which they use to carry around food or younger JBDs.

JBDs cannot use magic - this includes witchcraft

Ref without accessories

Winner!
Well that took a while. Gosh you guys love writing... I'm such a slow reader, ugh
Well, thanks to my guest judges, I have found the winner!
Congratulations Commander shepherd! With Zdeněk

And second place goes to... Everyone! Nah really there were so many good forms omg.
WithABlink, you get a runner up!
yay!
Last edited by Berkshire on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Splat

Splat

Splat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JBD # 595

Postby pecan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Dropping due to lack of muse xc
Last edited by pecan on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pecan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

withdrawing

Postby indecisive. » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Withdrawing - good luck everyone.
Last edited by indecisive. on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
indecisive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby garnet. » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:17 pm

ジョーカー
    I am the one who lurks in the corners, hidden from the world, my name is Joker. I was named that, because my colors reminded my parents of a jester, or joker.

I may not look it at times, but I am a male.

All art in this section by the amazing Umalia
    苛めっ子
    It was Halloween night, and my friend and house mate, Lotus, approached me,. She was all dressed up, ready for Halloween I guessed.
    "Hey Joker, you coming Trick or Treating with me and Chiaro?" She asked me, smiling a little.
    My breath hitched a little, but I calmed myself down, with a small sigh.
    "Er... Nah... I'm okay I guess, I don't feel great, I'll, er, just stay here." I said nervously.
    As per usual, I was making my excuses about Halloween.
    "You never come with me..." She mumbled, walking off.
    "Yeah well, we can't have everything we want Lotus, can we." I spat back, knowing she couldn't hear me.
    Lotus is cool, and really fun, but I don't trust her, I don't trust anyone...
    My friends all know that I never go out on Halloween, I never have done, not since I was a child, since I was fourteen years old. I felt the all-too familiar feeling of tears forming in my eyes, as I remembered...
    No one else ever knew.
    Just me, and them.
    ]In that moment, I was taken back to the time where everything went wrong for me. The time where fear was life, and life was made up of nothing, but simple fear. Fear of someone. Not something. It was indeed a rational fear, but it was not one like spiders, or snakes. Not a fear like, clowns or dolls.
    A fear of another bean, of people, and of a fear to go to school each day.
    I was fourteen, and it was Halloween. I had just been at school all day, and luckily for me, I hadn't run into them at all during the day. Them being some beans in my class. I do not remember their names, but they scared everything out of me.
    I walked home, I lived very close, and I was just leaving school, hoping desperately to aviod them, I thought I had finally done it when I got out of the schoolyard. However my mood instantly fell, when I heard a familiar call.
    "Hey, Skullface. What you doing? You think you can ditch us? Who do you think you are, you useless piece of junk."
    I sighed, and began to run. I wasn't very fit though, I had always been weak and frail, and they soon caught up.
    "Where d'you think your going, Skullface. We haven't seen you all day, we aren't finished with you yet." He hissed, grinning evily, as his two 'henchman' as I referred to them, grabbed me from behind.
    "Hey, Usless, you got that Homework?" He asked me.
    They took my bag off of me, and began sifting through it, pulling the things out they wanted, before pouring my things on the sidewalk.
    I sighed, still silent, as they let me go. I began to pick my things up, before their leader kicked me, hard, throwing paper at me.
    "Here's todays homework, for all of us. Get. It. Done. Okay Skullface?"
    I nodded submissively, picking my bag up and carrying on home.
    "How was your day today, dear?" My mother asked me.
    "It was good..." I responded, fighting back my tears.
    "Good, your friend Lotus is in town today, she says she wanted to meet you to maybe Trick or Treat, you have a cow skeleton costume, don't you? It can go with your skull?"
    "Sure Mom, love ya." I said briefly, wandering upstairs.
    I took my skull off, and looked at my scar full length in the mirror with a sigh.
    I hated it, with all my being, so much, I would wear a skull to cover it, I thought I was such a coward.
    The hour soon got late, I ate dinner with my mother in silence, before thanking her for the food and going back upstairs. I got changed into my skeleton cow costume, before getting ready to leave, I picked up my phone, and candy bucket, before wandering out of the door, waving a quick goodbye to my mother.

I was around halfway to the point we had agreed to meet when I received a text.
    'Hey Jo, I'm gonna be about half an hour late, I'm sorry, will meet you same place though xxx'
    'Great...' I thought to myself, before deciding that there was no point in wasting time. I began to Trick or Treat, avoiding shadowy alleys as best as I could, and in twenty minutes, I had collected quite a nice mountain of candy, however, I had no where else to go, except down a dark alley, and street. Reluctantly, I stepped down and began walking. I hate shadows, I always have done, and even then, I hated them. I strode down at an incredible pace, faster than I had ever walked. Suddenly, I heard a whisper.
    "Joookkkerrrr...."

I screamed, and began running, a sadistic chuckle followed, and footsteps, as if someone was following me. In my blind fear, I kept on running, tears beginning to fall from my eyes.
    "Leave me alone!" I screamed, my eyes still streaming, as the mysterious figure followed me.
    I reached the end of the alley, and tripped over. Three figures emerged, all in plain white masks and cloaks, I screwed my eyes up, and cowered. I had never been so terrified in all of my life before, at that moment.
    The figures suddenly started laughing, and pulled their masks off, to reveal those bullies.
    "Did you see his face?" The leader howled, laughing so hard that tears fell from his eyes.
    My eyes filled up with tears once more as I ran back through the alleyway, past them, my eyes streaming again. I saw ghosts and terror in every shadow, my fear suddenly growing and mutating into a paranoia, a true fear. I felt like screaming again, as I skidded out of the alleyway, suddenly out of breath. I began to walk again, drying my tears with a sad sigh. I turned back down the street, and saw Lotus at our meeting point, I ran and launched myself into a hug.
    "Sorry Lotus, I-I want to go home, maybe we can watch a film or something, b-but, I can't stay out here..." I babbled, holding her tightly.
    She agreed with a small nod and the two of us walked back to my house together, where we curled up, and watched a few disney movies together.
    The evening was better, but the damage had been done. I have not been out on Halloween since, but no one else knows why, except me.

I'm going to tell you a secret, a story.
    I'm going to start with the end, as I did before.
    I am scared of the shadows, I have been scared of shadow for almost as long as I can remember. I remember what caused it, and all things that have made it worse.
    When I was four, I had a pet mouse. I also had a cookie stash...
    I was lying in bed one night, my eyes flicking open and closed, open and closed, open and closed, a slow form of blinking. I couldn't sleep. My mouse had run away that day, and I was unable to sleep because of it. I was sad, and, even though my Mom had promised to get me another one, I was still upset.
    I heard a rustle.
    Then Another one.
    I began to shake, I was terrified.
    It was coming from the shadowy corner of my wardrobe.
    My first thought, was that it was a monster, and I snuggled up in bed, trying not to cry. However, the rustles got louder, and I couldn't ignore it any more. I was terrified, my eyes began to flow with tears, as I buried my face in my pillow, in a few hours, I fell into a light sleep, still terrified of the ominous rustling.
    It was my mouse in my wardrobe, but it lit the fire.
    I am scared of shadows, and I can not ignore it.

傷跡
    It was a long time ago, longer now than it seems, but I still remember it as clear as if it were yesterday, and it still haunts me to this day. I was five.
    I had a father once, a caring man, always taking me fishing with him, and he would tell me stories. I loved my father, he was a zookeeper, which was what I wanted to be too. He was imaginative too, always thinking of new and innovative ways to keep me entertained, and it truly was the best. I used to love it when we would fish together, and tell stories.
    On the last day of my fathers life, we were on his fishing boat, deep in the waters of off New Caledonia. We were on a fishing holiday there with my mother. We had just had a wonderful and fruitful days catch, when he lay a hand on my shoulder.
    "Joker, I have something for ya." He said, reaching into his pouch.
    "What is it?" I squealed excitedly, pulling out my favourite zombie toy, and chewing on it lightly.
    He pulled out a stone, it was heart shaped and a whitey grey color, I took it excitedly.
    "It represents the love between us." He said to me, ruffling my fur.
    "Love you too Daddy." I said, grinning, my teeth showing.
    "So, I thought that I would let you try fishing at great depths today, sounds good? You can use the electric rod." He said to me, proudly.
    I let a gasp leave my lips, I couldn't believe it. My father handed me the rod, and I began to let it into the water, I let it reach a suitable depth, before waiting. I caught several big fish, and a few smaller one, before I suddenly felt a huge tug. I wrestled with the rod, and tried to bring it up to the surface, with a grunt. My father grabbed the end, and began to help me pull it up, but then, he made the mistake that cost him everything, his life, my future happiness and my self esteem.
    It was so simple, it seemed totally meaningless at the time, but he let go of the rod. The 'fish' was then revealed. Except it wasn't a fish. It was a seven foot silver tip shark. It gave a huge jerk on the rod, and I fell into the water, crashing straight into the shark, which then, I don't even no what part of its body did it, cut an arc over my right eye. It stang like nothing I had ever felt before and I screamed, through the water. My Zombie toy had also been snapped in three places, I grabbed the hand, and squished it like there was no tomorrow
    I heard a splash, my father had jumped in after me, he picked me up and climbed up to the edge of the boat, throwing me over. He was then jerked roughly back down into the water. I fainted at this point, but the last thing I heard was a muffled scream.
    When I woke up, my boat was back in the harbour, I was in it, and so was my Dad. Or, at least, what was once my Dad. He was lying totally still on the ground, bleeding. I won't go into detail.
    I screamed, and people came rushing by.
    The next few hours were a blur, but my head was stitched up, leaving a scar, though. My father was dead, there was nothing I could do.
    What I did, then, was done in a sudden fit of fear. I took my Dad's black fishing rope and formed myself neckbands from it. I made a bracelet for each wrist, and to the left one, I fastened the stone he had given me with many tears flowing. Suddenly, a hand from my zombie toy fell out of my pocket, so I attached it to another string and wrapped it around my tail. There was a tiny bit left, so I wrapped that around one of my back toes. They were all quite baggy, but I figured they would fit me as I grew up. I then saw a cow skull on the side. My mother had brought it for no particular reason, and took it everywhere. It was quite big, but I didn't care, I lay it over my head, and decided to wear it. It was huge, but I didn't care.
    I haven't changed my look since.

美術
    By chescab

By DerbyGirl

By Kazoo

By chescab

By Kaishine

By Pudgey

By Silent Night

By kittywolfwarrior Without Animation

Last edited by garnet. on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 am, edited 9 times in total.
Image Image Image
ImageImage
garnet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Name ;; I would name this handsome bean Azkaban. Azkaban is, as someone
may have guessed, a place in the Harry Potter series. (Read About Azkaban Here) I myself
am a Christian, but I still enjoy the series a lot. For some reason, when I saw
this bean, the name was a perfect match to his amazing looks. <3

------------------------------------------------------□□-----------------------------------------------

Gender ;; I personally see Azkaban as a male. <3 Not only do the various
skulls and dead animal parts seem very....boy-ish to me, just his overall concept
looks masculine. I have also always wanted my first bean to be male, despite a
few exceptions. <3

------------------------------------------------------□□-----------------------------------------------

Accesories ;; Azkaban's accessories have a great amount of Sentimental
Value to him. But, I'd assume you would want to know why, exactly. So, I'll tell
you!

Except Azkaban ;; Azkaban loves rats. So, of course, he knows a few
things about them most people most likely wouldn't know. For example,
a rat can
last longer without water than a camel.
Rats, especially kangaroo rats can last
longer without water than a camel. A camel can last for several weeks without water
while a kangaroo rat does not drink water at all. This is because these rats live in
arid environments and are able to metabolize water from their food, which consists
of primarily seeds.

About Azkaban ;;
Art (optional):

wip

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood’s run stale

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside

Curtain’s call,
Is the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you've made

Don't wanna let you down
But I am hell bound
Though this is all for you
Don't wanna hide the truth

Last edited by foxxbreath on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Vulcan

Postby olivionary » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:24 pm

name;; Vulcan
gender;; Male
reason for accessories;; Vulcan finds the mask a comfort, it allows him to hide from the world which has so much bad in it. His mask is the one thing that he feels can protect him from the nightmares and cruel opinions that are constantly shared. The small mask, which he later turned into a bracelet on his foot was his original one from when he was a child, the memories is something he wants to keep with him forever. On his tail, he has a small ornament, not many people get close enough to see what is dangling on the end of his tails, those who do, are often creeped out. Hanging from Vulcan's tail, is his lucky birds foot, it originally came from a blackbird, a bird which he finds lucky in it's self. He loves how he can add feathers to his mask to dress as a Witch Doctor for halloween.
no one except he;; The masks are made of a mixture of foam, plastic and fibreglass. The foam cushions it around his face, while the plastic holds the basic shape of the said masks. Vulcan uses the fibreglass to give it the texture and color. He doesn't tell anyone how he makes his precious masks, but everyone knows he makes them.
no one knows he;; Vulcan often comes across dead or dying animals, generally others think they are what he makes his mask from, but no. Despite his appearance, Vulcan is a very caring Jellybean Dragon, if the animal is alive, he will often try to make the better, but if they are beyond healing, a comfort is often due. Occassionally they are already passed. He doesn't want to expose young children to death, so he eitger buries it or if its a fresh deer, a human friend may receive it, as long as they respect it and waste nothing.
Art
Last edited by olivionary on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Possibly reserved.

Honestly depends on if I have time, but he is just stunning!!!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coastal » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Name:
One thing no one else knows except this bean:
One thing no one else knows about this bean:
Art (optional):

sorry, dropping out.________________________________
good luck to all! c:________________________________

Last edited by coastal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm coastal and i hope you have
an amazing day! pm if you
want to talk about anything!
coastal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby king boo » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 pm

my best friend entered so I'm rooting for her now :'D
Last edited by king boo on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
king boo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sylas » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:10 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

name;;
        Makatza Crowe - The name Makatza is of Basque origin; the name means "wild" or "untamed". His parents named him such because of his reckless and impulsive nature as a child, one that he has continued to grow into over the years. In comparison, his last name, Crowe, is a bird, one that nearly everyone has seen. However, the bird itself was known for being the symbol of death, particularly in the middle ages. Makatza doesn't have many nicknames, for he has fewer friends, but the nicknames he does have consists of Maki, Ka or Crowe.
      gender;;
        Male - Maki is in fact a male, and would be insulted if anyone dared ask otherwise. He does not take lightly to being called a female, even though many people here can see him as such.
      choice for accessories;;
        Empty necklace and bracelet strings - In his old tribe, young beans, whenever something life changing happened to them, they would receive a specially crafted honour charm. However due to the fact that Maki was quickly exiled from his tribe, he never had the chance to get these charms, hence why most of them are empty. The only charms he has are from his all too real experiences surviving alone.

Tail charm - Amongst his family, crows were sacred animals, due to their last name and particular histories with them. However, for Maki, it was nothing but an overbearing shadow. When he was younger, he was often taunted because of his last name, Crowe, and it being a symbol of death. Very quickly he tired of the nonsense and killed the very first crow that he had happened to see. Shunned by his family, he was soon exiled from the tribe, and he kept the foot of the crow tied to his tail bracelet to remind him of the horrible past.

Mask - Just like in the city, rumours can spread all too quickly in the wild. Soon he was being outcasted by nearly every bean that he met, and Maki felt like each one was breaking what was left of his heart apart. So, the only way he could truly be safe from them was to hide himself; and he did. Behind the mask, no-one knows who he is or what he is, and although he is still outcasted, it is less than it was before and it gives him solace to know that it was because of what he chose, not someone else.

Tooth - Well ... Who doesn't like an ancient tooth charm?
      secrets;;
        Only Maki knows - When Maki was younger, he stumbled, quite literally, upon a set of old books. They were covered in thick layers of dust and had seemed at the time to not have been opened for years upon years. In these books, the history of his tribe was described in great detail. No-one knew of this history, in fact amongst the tribe it was said that the last books were burned hundreds of years ago. Maki kept these books and read them cover to cover, hoping someday invaluable history will help him in his life's journey.

Something about Maki - Despite his very lonely outward appearance, Maki is in fact a total romantic at heart. Ever since he was a young kid, Maki has dreamed of finding that one girl ... despite how cliché this sounds. He only hopes that she will accept him for who he is. Although he finds it very unlikely, there are two special beans he has taken an interest in; Viola and Sawyer. Of course, though, he'll never work up the courage to ask either of them out.
      art;;
Last edited by sylas on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
sylas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me