Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Takekitsune Adopts by The Great ME!

Based on Click to view
Artist The Great ME! [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Takekitsune Adopts

Postby The Great ME! » Wed May 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Introduction to Takekitsune

Takekitsune are classified as a rare Yokai-fox species, within the sub-type of an Obake that are known as Kitsune.
Though not all kitsune are magical, obake or bakemono kitsune are magical, and possess various abilities such as shapeshifting, illusions, wind-based powers, and are sometimes even worshipped as servants of the Japanese Diety, Inari. Some are regarded as evil kitsune, such as the wicked Nine-tailed fox Tamamo-no-Mae(the story of Lord Ninetails in Okami is heavily based upon Tamamo-no-Mae's legend). These evil foxes are often referred to as nogistune.
Kitsune have the capability to grow multiple tails as they become older and thus, more powerful. They also have what is known as a Kitsune-bi or "Foxfire", which are the floating orbs that can be seen hovering around them.

Takekitsune are particularly special, but also inherently rare. It is a type of Kitsune that starts off small and more weasel-like than fox, except for the tail. Their long, weasel/snake-like bodies are perfect for squeezing into hollow stalks of bamboo where they make their homes, and they steadily grow into that of a normal sized fox over the course of about 100 years. Despite becoming larger, they can freelly change back to this smaller form at any time. Once they reach 100 years, they can start to take on a partially human form, but still retain most of their fox features(ears, tail, legs/hands, some fur on their faces and most of their body, et cetera).
While most kitsune can only grow to have nine tails, Takekitsune can grow to have Ten and become a Kami(God) capable of creating it's own star/world/planet. However, to obtain these tails, a Takekitsune must consume many "partners", other beings that they bond with. A Takekitsune can only consume one partner every hundred years, starting at the age of 200, and then that partner will lose their original bodies but continue to live on immortally through one of the fox's tails, and the persons' knowledge, thoughts, skills, and talents will be shared and become the fox's as well. Once a fox becomes 1,000 years old and has devoured 9 partners(mostly humans), they can gain their 10th tail to become a Kami.
When they devour these "partners" and gain their abilities and knowledge, these skills or the person's own appearance who was devoured is then also reflected in the fox's appearance in some way.

Only 5 Takekitsune are known to have ever reached 10 tails, as most others either die or do not seek to obtain 10 tails. Two of them are the original Takekitsune. The 3rd one, however, was tainted by many years of war and destruction, as Takekitsune are incredibly sensitive and influenced by their environment and experiences in their first 100 years of life. Because of this, the Takekitsune, Tokoyami, became a demon instead of a God, and devoured mythical beasts of great power rather than humans, and ravaged the land looking to wipe out mankind for their destructive and harmful ways. Another 10-tailed that had become a Kami not long after, and cared deeply for humans, fought against Tokoyami, but the demon fox's power was much greater because of the creature's she chose to consume. Because of this, they only managed to seperate Tokoyami from her tails and seal them away in seperate locations, and the other fox that fought her died.

Since the destruction of the lands and sealing of Tokoyami, people feared that such a thing might happen again, and so Takekitsune were hunted and killed until believed to be extinct. It wasn't until hundreds of years later that the 5th Takekitsune to become a Kami was discovered by a Bhuddist monk within a grove of bamboo, much of which was dying. He found the Takekitsune - Chi - and took it with him to his temple, and raised Chi. Since then, Chi's care was passed on to two other monks as the previous died. The third, Takeshi Denji, became Chi's first partner. During that time, a shrine for Chi and various other Takekitsune had been erected. When Chi returned hundreds of years later as a ten-tailed, the shrine had grown to be much larger, and now houses Chi as well as a few other, much younger bamboofoxes.

All Takekitsune are of ambiguous gender - neither male nor female. Rather, they can switch freelly between both genders at any time, and have no need for sexual preferences or intimate relationships. When they grow to be older, anywhere from 400 years and up, they can leave traces of their "energy" or power within newly growing bamboo shoots. These energy signatures then crystalize into a ball - the foxfire - and from the energy omitted from the developed foxfire or also alternatively called star-ball, a Takekitsune will form often coiled around it, and grow with the bamboo stalk.

While Takekitsune can and do eat things much like any other species, and do enjoy food, they do not need it to sustain themselves in naturally abundant areas. Healthy forests or natural settings omit energies that the Takekitsune can directly absorb into their bodies, and gives them strength and energy the same as eating does for most others, and is a part of the reason for their pure and holy nature. It is because they draw in energy directly from their surroundings though that they can also be negatively influenced, especially when exposed at the earlier stages in life, much like the demon fox Tokoyami, who was born into and lived through times of extreme war, destruction, and bloodshed. The first 100 years are their most sensitive in terms of how their nature will be for the rest of their lives.
Takekitsune can also become sick or weakened in areas where nature and woodlands are sick, or where there is no true natural settings to be found at all(such as industrialized cities).

Takekitsune species are an original species belonging to The Great ME!. Do not steal or make your own.
Last edited by The Great ME! on Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster
Neat, organized, alert, perfectionist, scientific, responsible.
Can be critical, egotistical, rough, opinionated.

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

That pressure don't care when it breaks your doors
Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

Cuz I know what it's like to test faith
Had my shoulders pressed with that weight
Stood up strong in spite of that hate

Night gets darkest right before dawn
What don't kill you makes you more strong
And I been waiting for it so long
~”Light That Never Comes”, Linkin Park
The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoption Rules

Postby The Great ME! » Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Rules about adopting:

• You cannot sell/gift/trade your Takekitsune once bought. If you no longer want it, give it back. If you're not sure if you'll want to keep it, or there's a high likelihood you'll stop liking it in a few months, then don't buy one to begin with c: If you sell them to someone else and disregard these rules, the Takekitsune will once again become the property of this adoption center, and you will be reported ^^
    • Takekitsune owners and which Takekitsune they own will be listed here on this thread. If you see someone not listed here with one, please report it or bring it to my attention to report it.
      • If you're not sure because a name doesn't match up, click the link of the name, as the user's name may have changed since then, but it will still link to the account, or alert me and I will check through the list. This way we avoid any false reports and a whole mess of confusion.
  • You can give your Takekitsune a name of your choosing and can give them accessories, but please do not change markings and such that are naturally a part of them, or any major appearance changes not involving items.
  • Since Takekitsune can willingly change between male and female, their portrayed gender is not important, and they can be represented as either one upon purchase.
  • You can take them off-site(as I'm sure many of you will anyway regardless of if I say not to) to places such as Deviantart, but provide a link back to this thread and credit given to Bamboofoxfire@Deviantart
  • Takekitsune can not be bred with other Takekitsune. Read their full introduction information(first post) to understand why.
  • A Takekitsune's age will be roughly decided before adoption, as their appearance and how many tails they have in their larger form will reflect this.
  • More often then not, the role/abilities/skills of their tails and the people who they devoured to get them will be pre-determined, but you can make up the appearance, gender, and personality of those "devoured people" that turned into the Takekitsune's tails based upon those pre-set abilities/skills and such.

• More rules to be added as needed. Failure to read the rules does not mean you can break them. This includes newly added or updated rules.

Other Notes about Takekitsune To Know Before Adopting:

• Only a limited number of Takekitsune will likely be made and given out. These ARE meant to be a rare species after all.
  • Images of both the large and small version of the Takekitsune that will be up for adoption will be colored and provided.
  • Each Takekitsune will have it's own lineart edits and be different than another in some way. This includes items, markings, extra tails, and other added appendages, fur, feathers, et cetera. Their overall appearance will be a reflection of their devoured "partners"/tails that give them their abilities in some way.
  • A Takekitsune devours a partner they have bonded with, normally human, and that person's abilities, knowledge, and perhaps even parts of their personality become a part of the fox. These bonded, "devoured" people do not die. Their spirits and powers continue to live through one of the tails, and they can actively converse with and share their thoughts/knowledge with the fox they are bonded with, as well as act with their own mind from within the tail.
  • A Takekitsune's extra tails can seperate as smaller foxes with an individual appearance(but they always return to the host fox). When still attached to the main host fox as a tail, the ends of the tail can seperate into a long, extra mouth lined with fangs(this is often how the fox devours it's partner-tails-to-be).

• More to be added as needed.

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Currently Adopting Out

Postby The Great ME! » Wed May 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Takekitsune Adoptable #001
Last edited by The Great ME! on Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Takekitsune Owners

Postby The Great ME! » Wed May 29, 2013 6:44 pm

The Great ME!
  • 千風竹子 Chikazetakeko-no-TakekitsuneKami | xXx
-Will Update This List Soon-

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Takekitsune Gallery

Postby The Great ME! » Wed May 29, 2013 6:49 pm

-All Takekitsune adopts will be Image tag posted here, plus links to any galleries or character pages they might have courtesy of their owners.
Will update as Takekitsune are adopted out.

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Frequently Asked Questions

Postby The Great ME! » Wed May 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Question: Do you need Artists/Guest Artists?
Answer: No, not as of now. If I ever do, I'll announce it.
Last edited by The Great ME! on Fri May 31, 2013 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoption Center "Lists"

Postby The Great ME! » Wed May 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Whitelist:
none yet, awww :c

Blacklist:
People who are forbidden from adopting from this center, usually for breaking rules, stealing, et cetera
None yet, let's make sure it stays that way C;

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Takekitsune Adopts{No adoptables available just yet}

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu May 30, 2013 1:52 am

I really like the two pics of them!
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Takekitsune Adopts

Postby The Great ME! » Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks =3

First adoptables up!

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Takekitsune Adopts

Postby The Great ME! » Thu May 30, 2013 11:56 am

bump

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more