Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

tool sample by Poofycat

Artist Poofycat [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

tool sample

Postby Poofycat » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:21 am

a quick explanation of the tools on oekaki. Theres a tool that looks like a finger which you can use to make streaks. i often use it for effects and it makes good fire. the blender toool is pretty much for blendingcolors. i don't know much about water color, but it makes your drawing look awesome if you know how to use it. just fiddle a bit with the opacity, too. theres also a spray paint-looking thing which is a trunslucent, slightly fuzzy bruch-thing, which is awesome and i also like to use to make good clouds. the pen ias like the pencil, just a slight bit fuzzier and less opaque, fiddle with the opacity on that one, too. the pencilk is pretty much a simple drawing tool to make lines. theres a blurring tool that looks like a water droplet, a bit unnoticable but it works. i drew two lines and blurred the bottom one. the dropper is used to get the exact shade as a color already on your canvas. i drew a blue spot, changed colors to red, then used the dropper to get the same shade of blue. the paint bucket is used for filling a space in, but i noticed there is usually a white line between the color you filled in with and the line, so i dont use it that much cuz it ends up looking horrible. the burn tool makes colors darker and the dosge tool makes things lighter. hope this helps! :D also, excuse my horrid handwriting, my tablet glitches when i try to write. grrr.
Poofycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: tool sample

Postby Flynnian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:04 am

Thanks this helps a lot! :D
Flynnian