Night and Day fighting contest entry by StarSea

Based on Click to view
Artist StarSea [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Night and Day fighting contest entry

Postby StarSea » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:10 am

I'm just posting it right now (just your BG and a WIP I added) because I've got stuff I wanna write before I forget it as well as it'll probably take me forever... XD I've never done realistic before and I usually don't do animals, let alone wolves, so here goes my best shot!

I'm picking to do them as wolves because I feel that they resemble each other in many ways that most don't see. One is always more dominant than the other. Just look at the words we use to describe the times of day and night; Mid day and midnight, not 'between day and night' or 'daht'. Just like there is always a leader in a pack. He may be challenged, just like night challenges day every dusk and day challenges night every dawn. We also take not only wolves, but all animals for granted, just like we do with the passing of time. If the world froze and it was forever day, you'd begin to miss night and if we were left in darkness for eternity, you'd begin to miss day. We assume the sun will always rise and the moon will always be there, but what if they vanished? And if animals vanished?

I am also doing wolves because they are my favorite animal, as well as, to me at least, the most vicious warriors.

Here's hoping the best!!

At 5 hours and 50 minutes, I FINALLY finished the fur on the night wolf. Now my fingers really hurt. ;w; At least I'm having fun!
Honestly, I like how the mini pic blends them better than how the large one looks so far, but maybe I just need to finish the day wolf and put in a background to fully appreciate them... :L

:what: I just realized something! If I keep that fur style, it'll be kinda like one of those engraving arts! :D I could never do this on one of those, but now I'm in love with the night wolf! <3

>:DWolf engraving art!
:D

At 7 hours and 1 minutes, I finished the night section of the background and a galaxy. Freeze frame!! I was going to put the galaxy behind the night wolf, but this was a bit too funny to pass over. I moved the galaxy over to the day wolf's mouth. :P
Day wolf: I shallz nom your galaxy!!
Night wolf: *grabs onto Day wolf's shoulders and starts shaking him* Are you crazy!?! Don't eat my galaxy!!! ;A;
Day wolf: *gulp* Too late. Haha! :P

8 hours and 7 minutes; I've got the background done.
Last edited by StarSea on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
StarSea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Night and Day fighting contest entry

Postby Petcharat » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 am

omg I have this pic too .__.
and I just fin it too .-.
Do you got from the real wolf fight in http://animals.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/216356/ ._.? just wonder.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Miki ♥ Dim
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

ImageImage
Characters // Kalons

Petcharat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarSea » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 am

O.o ... ... Yeah.
https://join.me/465-876-634

Taking a break right now. My fingers are hurting from doing all of that fur. ;w;
Say... 10 or so minutes?

Okay, I be back! :D
StarSea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarSea » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Alright, that's about it for today. Almost finished!!! :D

... ... ... Just re-read the contest post about seven times and I feel like an idiot. They're supposed to be wolves anyways, though I thought it could be any animal as some people did other creatures. And it's supposed to be full body. I guess that takes me out of the contest. :( Ah well, it doesn't matter if I win a contest prize because already I'm winning the greatest prize- I'm having fun. :)
StarSea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me