42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rune of Extreme SnowSports

Postby harlical » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:21 am

"Rune of Extreme SnowSports"

Zebulon
Owner: TⓍtheark
Breedable: Yes
Type: Extreme SnowSports Rune

"I was just out snowboarding on the slopes shredding the snow in the bright morning sunshine when something zipped past me. It was small, and I wasn't sure what it was, but I decided to chase it down. As I caught up to it [after much effort; that thing was going fast] I noticed it was a Rune dragon. I was intrigued; I'd never seen anything like it! A snowboarding Rune? That was a little weird.
The Rune looks back at me, seeing as I was catching up, and smirked. With a flap of its wings, both it and its board were soaring through the air, towards me. I duck, but the Rune's board hit my helmet, and successfully sent me tumbling into the snow. After a moment, I sat up, spitting out snow, and saw that Rune cruising away, laughing at me. I huff. "That jerk!"

This Rune dragon is fond of adventure and danger. And snow, of course! So, naturally, this Rune dragon is attracted towards snowboarding, the most extreme of the snowsports. It loves to do dangerous stunts, and doesn't mind breaking a bone or two in the process. It has large wings capable of lifting both itself and its board into the air, and its tail has feather-like 'rudders' that help it control its board on the slopes, a sort of replacement for the arms that humans use to help keep their balance. He also seems to be a little bit of a trickster, too.. This Rune's bearer should be prepared to duck and cover pretty often.

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.
Last edited by harlical on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
offering all pets for art !! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3081009
interested in commissions ?? contact me on my deviantart !
harlical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rune of Extreme SnowSports

Postby parlaymars » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:33 am

but I had to drop out. The Flapjack baby is just too cute for me to resist~ Good luck everyone!
Last edited by parlaymars on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
parlaymars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unashamed » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:35 am

Great job, aereo. I'd try out for this awesome rune, but I've already entered the contest for the Morning Snow Rune.
Anyway, congratz on winning the guest artist contest!
Unashamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Rune of Extreme SnowSports

Postby mulder » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 am

J A C K . F R O S T

Username {
Rufioh Nitram
Bearer Name {
Elizabeth Adelaide Underwood, a friend to Alek and snow day
enthusiast. She's more commonly called 'Lady' or 'Liz.'

Name {
Jack Frost
Please, just call me Jack.

Gender {
Male
Any Quirks {
>Jack is always attempting to cheer up Laima, who refuses it
without hesitation.
> His snowboard must always be smudge free. Always.
> Christmas music annoys the dickens out of him.
> Giving is better than recieving.

Personality {
A mischevious soul lurks in this one, I was told upon first contact with this Rune, and the had indeed been proven true, with flying colors. Jack is one with a playful, immature demenor, and is a freelanced, independant state of mind. When one says 'Jack Frost,' what comes to mind? An icy blue elf? A snowman? Well, what comes to me isn't an image,but a personality. One of a trickster in a way. Someone who enjoys a good time, and follows no schedule but their own. Jack is simply that. A fun being to surround yoursel with, the guy that everyone likes. That guy who can't take fairly anything seriously. Yet, beneath that is a purpose, the meaning of one's existance. Yes, everybody has one, even if you don't realize it yet. I haven't. But Jack has. He lives to induce joy on others, mainly in the form of snowboarding. Fanciful flips and tricks bring awe to others, even influencing others to chase a spark that will slowly unravel into a dream. Joy comes in many forms, and starts in many different ways. Mine began with Jack.
Yet along with glee, is a catch. Where there is happiness, there must also be fear. A fear of being forgotten, and all hope lost. For the world to simply fade away to black. For there to be nothing but pain and hurt and chaos. The stuff of nightmares is what drives Jack to bring hope to everyone, to be able to prevent this from happening. It must never happen, and as long as Jack stands, it won't.

Why do you wish to have him {
What intentionally lured me in was his design. Absolutely gorgeous. This shades and tints of white and blue are lovely together, I've always loved the scheme, and just the way it seems to gleam. I don't know what it is, but parts of this Rune just pop out and shine bright, though I do admit that I have 0% knowledge of snowboarding. But his expression, oh! Just priceless, he has that cocky 'You wanna go?' look that had me squealing in absolute fangirliness.
But it didn't seem enough.
I had come own with writer's block and art block a few days before, and I was pretty much ruined for any rune competitions. I was forced to srop out of two gorgeous rune competitions, and I hoped that this one would break the spell, and he did.
I hope to be able to create plenty of art and stories for Jack, to express all of my bundled adoration for this rune and the being known as Jack Frost. I could honestly write a big, long paragraph on what lures me in, but A) I'm really tired, and B) I'm trying to make it as easy as I can for you to judge. From what I've seen, it's pretty diffucult, especially with really long everythings.(Though I must warn you, I get carried away with stories.)

Where will you keep him {
He'll be in my signature, possibly an avatar, my 'Character Binder', and in the character thread that I have yet to make ^^;
Would you like to breed him in the future {
Yes, definitely c: Just ask, and maybe, though I might end up breeding him with one of my future runes, who knows?
Other {
< Art >
None at the moment. Now, shoo.

< Stories >
I Challenge You...
Freezing wind stung my eyes and whipped me about, carrying me to wherever it pleased. Up to the sky at first, soaring towards the sun, then plummeting once more, with the occasional twist or turn. This always seemed to amaze the humans, I never knew why, though. They'd stand at the sidelines, or even alongside me with jaws gaping, and eyes wide. This pleased me, for I knew that they might try to duplicate me, or even surpass what I'd done. It usually was brought on by friendly, competitive spirit, and when it was, a fine snowboarder was born. I've seen many return over and over, and get better each time, and once a guy even made it to the big time! The thought of someone's life getting even better because of me warmed my heart.
My bearer, Lady, always visits this one friend of hers, Alek. He's fairly nice, a little too serious and organized for my taste, but still nice. I like being with him. But his Rune is a different story..She's grouchy, angry and never happy. Ever. I understand that her life must've been hard, but she could lighten up sometime, right? Well, this morning, as I was gathering my gear to shred away at the slopes, I formulated a plan. A plan to make Miss Grouchy smile, or at least chill out. While Lady was prepping up to rendevous with Alek, I snuck an extra pair of gear with me, just for Laima.
"What do you want?" she hissed, eyes burning with tucked away rage at the sight of me. She understood that I was up to something, and would barely let me take a mere breath without bombarding me with threats and angry words. My best attempts to cover it up were useless, and I had to survive it all the while we were making our way to the slopes. "All right, Laima. I challenge you to a snowboarding contest." Thrusting the gear to the indigo dragon ahead of me, I flittered away to go at it.
Thus we rewind back to the beginning of the story, as my silvery body bent at flexible angles, and my spine was like rubber. Easy stuff, my warm up even. But Lai on the other wing seemed to be struggling badly. She was obviously new at this, and refused my attempts at help. I knew that she wanted to beat me really badly, as the red mist began to cloud the clear afternoon air. It may be wrong, but this entertained me. Continuing with some of my more complicated tricks, the Wraith Rune was easily upstaged. Which only added fuel to the flame. She pushed hersef even harder, which was beginning to orry me. Too much would burn her out, and she could seriously get hurt. Will and prife told me to keep going, but my instinct told me to stop. And I did.
Gliding back, I felt myself drop as gravity regained a grip on me. The snow came faster and faster, until I was tail deep in the depression I'd created. Yes, it hurt, but was all worth it when I saw Laima beside me, a triumphant smirk dancing on her lips. My goal was reached. "Ha, I beat you, you sorry excuse of a boarder! Why, I could probably beat you in my sleep! Take that, sucker!" The sound of powerful wings beating against the breeze was my cue to get up, as Laima was gone, so she couldn't see the pride on my face at this rare achievement.

Reader ==> Become Jack.

A/N: I've decided to do something special. Instead of writing a plain, old story, I thought, 'Why not make it special?' So instead of hearing it from Jack, why don't you be Jack?
£

Scriiiitch.
A long, teeth-grinding noise awakes you from a peaceful slumber. Staying out late in the bitter cold to better your snowboarding had taken a toll on your health, at least for today. But ou kind of had to. A big competition was taking place in town, just hearing about it filled your brain with adrenaline, heart racing faster than a NASCAR race, shudders shaking you like an earthquake, and overall being jumpier than a rabbit with too much soda. A fierce determinaion had filled your gut, a competitiveness unlike any other. You could never be ready enough. But your bearer and closest advisor, Kris, had noticed how sluggish and sickly you were beginning to feel, and had stuck you in bed for the rest of the day. It was boring, and angered you slightly. Why lay here, all useless, when you could be improving your skills for a higher chance of winning? A ball of white-hot anger stirred in your core, but before you were ale to soar straight out of bed and out the window, you'd slipped silently into a state of peace once more.
£

Your dreams were always vivid and realistic, as if they were memories from a past life. It was strange, really. For example, in this dream, you began it with a simple walk down a dirt road. Step. Step. Step. It took you a minute to realize that you were..Human. A tall, wingless human, complete with pale, almost snow white skin, wide, piercing aquamarine eyes, a head full of spiked, platinum blonde hair, and a simple jacket and shorts. No shoes. What were you doing in this forest? Was your second thought. It was summer, or even late spring here. Bird songs breaking the silence, various chitters, squeals, and whatever elses you can think of enlightened your senses, and put you at peace. A soft breeze carried around you, whispering the song of the forest in your ears. It was so..Relaxing, and hypnotic. As is luring you into a trap. Maybe it had? Oh well. It's not like you cared at the moment. Waving your arms in a circular motion as if flapping your wings, you continue on your path. Suddenly, the music stops, and it bothers you. Why did they just stop? As you urge them on, you don't notice the dark shadow looming overhead. It inched closer, and closer, until..
You jerk awake, in a frenzy of wings, legs, and bedsheets. True terror fled through you little heart, blood flashing through your veins, muscles tense and ready to flee. What was that, and why? You ponder, and soon it hits you. It was just a bad dream, that was all. An interpretation of your fears, that was all. Nothing serious. But as a safety precaution, you stay away from the woods, and the contest. Better to be safe than sorry. But you still couldn't shake off that fear..
£

An indigo Rune Dragon snickers in triumph as she watches you freak out in your sttempts to wake up. She'd successfully scared the heck out of you, and your fear energized her. Weeks later, you'll find out it was a trick, but for now, why not let you belive? It was what she did, anyways. With another snicker, Laima took off, full of pride at your fear.
-------------------------------------------------->
I apologize for any typos, most of this was done on my old Kindle in the middle of the night. |D

We again meet in battle, Silver Bullets. |D
Last edited by mulder on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
i'm not active here anymore
and no i'm not giving away any of my characters, don't ask
mulder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 am

Owner Name:
Silver Bullets
Name:
Toshiro
Personality:
-base line-
Dare devil Stubborn generous

Why do you wish to have him/her:
I clicked the rune dragons 'recent posts and dang, he just popped out at me. He has my favorite color scheme and an unbelievable hair-do, he is just amazing and I would be honored to own this rune.
Where will you keep him/her:
My signature. I need something to put there.
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes
Any Quirks:
He loves to do extremist things, like snow boarding, or sky diving.
Other:
-consider it done-
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temperance. » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:40 am

I....am in love <3
totally filling out a form, he's AMAZING <333

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowFlakeSwan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:15 am

Ashallayn'darkmyr

My name is Raizol. He is cool, right?

I'm male...but I thought that's obviously.

I'm an true adventurer.I like doing extreme activities. I'm very curious and want to know every thing. I hate surprises. I'm not very patient and if someone don't do what I say, I get really angry and testy. But hey,I'm a male, what have you eypected? Of cours I like pretty girls and do often jokes with them but I can be really gentle too...You don't believe me? Well, bad luck! I'm what I am and I won't change my personality just because you don't like it.

Of cours she wants me, I'm the prittiest and coolest rune dragen!
-Raizol, be quiet a moment, okay? Al right, first I saw the rune dragons and was fascinated. But then all the cutest dragens were given away but then Raizol appeard and well, he is so cute!
-What? I'M NOT CUTE, UNDERSTAND! I'm such a cool rune dragen, no one can beat me!

She will fedd me with sweets and give me lots of hot chocolate and stroke me and do whatever I want and will put me in her signatur so that everone can see me and she will look for painters to paint me!
-...okay, are you sure with that, Raizol?
-Yes, why not?

Breeding? Bring me a beautiful girl and we can talk about it.
-Don't listen to him, of cours I will breeding in the hope to get mor cute rune dragons.
-I'M NOT CUTE!!!

I don't have any quirks, I'm perfekt!
-He loves soft toys.
-That's not true!
-If he sees a cute soft toy, he wants to cuddle with it and is very very happy. He can't even sleep without his favourit soft toy.
-...okay, you have convinced me that you are a brilliant liar.

wip
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Matatabi_17 is my sister, please don't ban us.

SnowFlakeSwan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 am

|._______________________________________________________________________________________________________________.|

|.Owner Name.|
Flowerdust
|.Name.|
Rin, means "dignified, severe, cold" in Japanese
|.Rune Bearer Info.|
.Name.
Camille (Cam) Burton
.Gender.
female
.Personality.
Cam is a very active person, but her passion is most defiantly snowboarding. She loves to be outside and is most defiantly a tomboy after growing up with four older brothers. Cam is most defiantly not a social butterfly, but once you get to know her she becomes much more chatty. Cam is very loyal and dependable to her friends, but is an very unwanted enemy. Most of the time Cam is pretty quiet, but sweet.

|.Gender.|
Male
|.Personality.|
. Brief Personality.
|Daredevil|Trickster|Flirty|Adventurous|Athletic|Calm|Defensive|
|Thickheaded|Sarcastic|Cocky|Confident|
.In Depth Personality.
The best word possible to describe Rin probably is daredevil. He is constantly trying and more dangerous tricks with his snowboard. I don`t think I can even began to count how many times Rin has gotten hurt or broken bones with his stunts. He is most defiantly an adrenaline junky and I almost completely know he gets rush doing dangerous and risky things.

Rin also loves to pull tricks, especially on me. -.- He finds it amusing it see other distressed because of something he did. Rin loves to come up with elaborate and fun -for him at least- plans and is actually a very good leader. Rin loves, when we go snowboarding together, to prosperously jump on my head with his board or throw snowballs. I think he thinks it`s cute -.-

Rin loves to flirt with the girls and make them blush and giggle. It`s like he knows he`s good looking and he loves to strut around because of it. He loves to show off to the girls, with tricks and stunts. Weirdly enough he gets nervous when around a girl he truly likes. Rin is also bit off a womanizer.

|.Why do you wish to have him.|
Really why wouldn`t I want an amazing rune like this! He is my favorite color, has amazing hair and is a SNOWBOARDING rune. Seriously this rune is perfect rune for me and I think he would fit with my other rune. He just takes my breath every time I see him. I don`t know, but he's just perfection. <3
|.Where will you keep him.|
I would keep Rin my signature, which I`m switching to my rune dragons the 5 of December,and this weekend I`m starting my rune aviary. In Cams house he sleeps in a large hammock hung from the celling and it`s filled with pillows. Rin likes ambushing passerby's from his bed -.-
|.Would you like to breed him in the future.|
Yes! I can imagine all kinds of awesome little runes from him. I would be very picky though, on who he`d end up with, as he deserves the perfect girl :3
|.Any Quirks.|
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
|.Story.|
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
|.Art.|

Sorry dropping out I just couldn`t find the time to finish my form ;n;
Last edited by Flowerdust on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.:.~Nevada~.:. The Extreme Snowsport Rune

Postby †♉Ӝ̵̨̄❆Raven❆Ӝ̵̨̄♉† » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:25 am

Owner Name:
Ducky;;
Name:
Nevada
Nevada wrote:My name is Nevada my name means snowstorm in spanish but my nickname is snowy

Nevada wrote:Of course im a Male who else would do dangurous stuff like me, besides i wouldnt look right as a girl!

Personality:
Hes brave he is always trying new things always impressing the other snowboarders and skiers with his amazing flips and spins. One time he snow boarded on someones head dont worry i made him apoligize.
Hes very respectful if he sees someone hurt he will make this terrible squeak and alarm someone to come help. he mostly trys to be as nice and loyal always if possible
He loves playing a sucker for tug or war.Understanding, hes very understanding and forgiveful. Caring, he loves helping others and perching on the highest mountain watching after others

Why do you wish to have him/her:
I love Snow and the tail he has Reminds me when i slipped on a peice of ice {Im serious}. i love the colors and the eyes that frosty color with little swirls is just so cute and i belive hes my first rune dragon the beautiful NevadaWhere will you keep him/her:
[size=85]In my signiture,Charater Thread,Trade rules and I will make a plushy of him!
would you like to breed him/her in the future?:
[size=85]I would he would make a cute baby

Any Quirks:
In the summer on the hottest days every year *Sigh* He makes a nest in the ice machine in the freezer.
Dont take his snow board he is ocd he likes every thing his way

Other:
W.I.P

W.I.P
Last edited by †♉Ӝ̵̨̄❆Raven❆Ӝ̵̨̄♉† on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

☓☓☓ Hey! You! ☓☓☓

Hey! I'm Raven Teh Absol, but feel free to call me Ravenn. <3
I'm obsessed with minecraft, and love everything about it. I
love trading, and love collecting pets, so don't be afraid to
send me a trade! I don't bite - Much.

I'm getting more into CS, after being inactive for a while, so
help around here will be great if you could give it! And, don't
be rude to me, my cousin Fail In Love will surely take care of
you if so. ^^

ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇ ᴍᴇ! Cʀᴇᴇᴘᴇʀs <3 Mʏ Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ Pᴏɴʏ
†♉Ӝ̵̨̄❆Raven❆Ӝ̵̨̄♉†

My pets