Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

The stallion who never forgot his freedom by . ME

Artist . ME [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The stallion who never forgot his freedom

Postby . ME » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 am

Unblinking, lifeless, red eyes slowly opened. They looked glazed, the color red as blood. A horse slowly rose, legs wobbly. His ribs were visible through his side, poking out of his flanks. A contrast to his eyes, he had a pelt black as night, barely noticeable against the dark background dotted with glowing dots known as stars. The supposedly graceful creature looked starved to death, barely clinging to life. Letting out a shrill, high-pitched whistle, he stamped his feet. Dirty hooves pawed at a metal floor below, shiny bars of the same kind of metal cornering him in a tiny square. He was trapped.

Rage and fear burned, sparking up inside of him. The black stallion's hooves pawed at the ground, nostrils flaring, eyes wild and crazed. He reared, head hitting on the top of his cage. Landing back upon all four, he kicked his back legs up, smashing the back of the cage with powerful but frail and boney hind legs. It just barely broke open. Silently, he moved his slim body swiftly through the hole. Now and only now was he free.

He reared once more, this time nothing cramming him down. Legs stretching out, he felt normal once again. Now, however, he had a mighty urge to run. Run he shall, for he did. Hooves thundering on the ground, neighs escaping his mouth, nostrils still quivering. He was a wild stallion, it was what he was meant. He ran and ran, following the trail through the forest...But running was not good. It had led him to his decline.

The stallion ran for days, weeks, without food or water. Pain gnawed at him, but he didn't stop. He wanted freedom. But now he had it, and he payed a hefty price for it. Now he does still run endlessly through the stars, spirit dancing at night. The stallion who never forgot his freedom.

--

Yeah, totally random...I dunno.
Hi! c:
I'm . ME, because I AM A STRONG INDEPENDENT pom doge WOMAN WHO AIN'T AFRAID TO SHOW HER PERSONALITY

If you love me let me G O
If you love me let me G O
‘Cause these words are K N I V E S that often leave scars
The F E A R of falling apart
And truth be told, I N E V E R was yours
The F E A R, the F E A R of falling apart
Stamps wrote:ImageImage
ImageImage
. ME

My pets
My items
My wishlist