Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Caer Knox by ki-neko animura

Artist ki-neko animura [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 4

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Caer Knox

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Welcome Everyone!
Hello members of Chicken Smoothie. I finally got time to create one of my several species that i have thought of. And i thank you for having interest to check it out. So without further ado please allow me to introduce the Caer Knox.

What are Caer Knox?
A Caer Knox is a feline/bear like creature that roams the mountain sides. They are extremely furry due to the extreme temperatures up in the mountains and on the vast expanses of Antarctica .

Caer Knox Features
Hooves: Caeries usually have hooves on their back feet to help with traction. Sometimes they will be born with back paws instead of the hooves. But this is extremely rare.
Fur: Like many other animals Caer Knox's also have fur. Theirs is a thick multi layered pelt that helps keep them warm and dry in the constant cold. The lengths can vary slightly. They usually have finer fur on their front legs in order to keep their face clean and dry.
Small ears: Caer Knox have small ears like a bear in order to keep the body heat inside and not in the air.
Large paw: Caer Knox always have large paws in order to distribute their weight over the snow so they walk ontop of it.
Spores: Adult Caer Knox's have spores, located on their ears, shoulders, and on both sides of their tails. On rare occasions some Caer's can have spores in other places as well.

More on Spores
Spores are very important for Caer's. Every spore emits a slight glow. This glow is a chemical reaction of some sort that gives off a specific scent. The spores are also a main effect in the Caer's mating ritual. The brightest glow wins... A Caer's spores grow like a lion's mane only obtaining the glow when they mature. A Caer Knox's spore color depends on their eyes and paw pads

Male? Female?
There are very few differences between a male Caer Knox and a female Caer Knox. A male usually has a small tuft of fur on his head. Their teeth are large and saber-like. Since they also fight for the rights of territory.

Colors
Caer Knox are ALWAYS natural colored. They are sometimes seen with an unnatural colored marking the same color as their spore... No one knows why this happens but some believe it is because the chemicals from the spores somehow make it into their system.

Mutations/abnormalities
Different eyes and spores: This is where a Caer Knox will have different colored eyes and pawpads than spores.
No Hooves: A Caer Knox without hooves is very rare.
Broken Spores: Sometimes a Caer will appear that has no glow to their spores and are mature. These Caer's are usually albino as well.
WIP (if you would like to help please let me know.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Caer Knox

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Reserved
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:22 pm

reserved
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:23 pm

reserved
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Reserved
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:57 am

Bump
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioness626 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am

They look great! Can't wait to try and win one ^^
Chuakos
Deviant Art
Characters
Commissions
Coding

Lioness626

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Thank you. hope to get a couple done sometime soon but i have to go to classes tomorrow then i have 8 hours of work right after. so i am going to be dead after that.

Last bumped by ki-neko animura on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 pm.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me