Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Volcanic Rune Dragon

Postby Benathorn » Thu May 03, 2012 3:09 pm

"The Story of the Burning Rune"

"Many Rune Dragons are soft and very beautiful creatures. But where there is light there must be darkness as well, most of the time the things we consider dark are often just misunderstood. The Volcanic Rune Dragon is one of those misunderstood creatures that dwell near burning embers and volcanic areas. There are even some tales that say this rune was born from the burning lava that flows from the darkest depths of the world. My experience with this type of rune was different from all the stories, these creatures may look frightening but in truth they just love to play with fire and quite literary! They enjoy swooping in and out of the lava that flows from the earth as if it were water and tend to munch on burning coals from the fire place. However they seem to be able to burn at will and unexpectedly burst into flames when excited or happy. Their skin also appears to be cracking as if their very soul were made of a burning inferno trying to get out and their eyes are always brightly glowing like a fell ember. It would take a steady hand to tame this flame dragon but these little guys love to play, just be careful they don't burn your house down in the process!" ~Benathorn

This little rune is up for adoption in the latest rune dragons available from the adoption page. Be quick to apply for it and hopefully you may get the chance to take it home with you! I will be judging the forms you submit till May 5 so be sure to get them in before then. You are able to keep modifying them till the judging date ,when I will pick the form I believe is the best and shows how much you wish to have the little guy. Till then, have fun!

Owner:
LostGosling
Name:
Tmavý (Means "Dark One" in Czech)
Type:
Volcanic Rune Dragon
Breedable:
I'm quite intrigued by the idea of breeding her to a somewhat celestial based Rune. Be it my own, or somebody else's, a lovely light colored male is the only one who will do.
Offspring:
ImageImage
Last edited by Benathorn on Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Volcanic Rune Dragon

Postby LostGosling » Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 pm

@w@ ..... I think, that I'm in love. 83 <3333
I'll be scrambling to try and finish this form in time. xD

Owner Name: LostGosling
~
Name: Tmavý (Means "Dark One" in Czech)
~
~
Personality: Tmavý is.... well, a mischief maker. Nothing is safe from her intelligent, ever watchful eyes, and she loves nothing better than to drop a stray ember down somebody's pants. Night time is when she loves to prowl the most, and can be seen flitting around in the dead of night in search of fresh fun. When she's not getting into some sort of trouble, she's thinking of new ways to do so. Though she's not mean by nature, not like most would think. The little dragoness wouldn't hurt a soul unless she thought she had to, she just tends to have her own way of thinking. Usually, she's going exactly the opposite direction of the crowd, and has no problem with experimentation, so she's scorned often as a menace to society. To start with, all she wanted was to do her own thing and not be judged by it, but after failing multiple times, it turned into a sort of game. Good vs Evil, if you will. Many are shy around this charismatic little devil to start with, due to her generally frightening appearance, but she has a very alluring quality about her volatile nature, and can convert even the most onerous individual into understanding over time. She's the essence of patience, and has been known to adamantly pursue what ever she's most interested in at all costs: Infamy
~
Why do you wish to have him/her: First of all, I just want to say that this is the most legit thing I've ever seen since my last few obsessions. The lines are absolutely adorable, yet well drawn and shaded. And the fact that each one is unique in it's own little way makes them all the more desirable. Tmavý is.... oh my. She's stunning, her pattern, the way she seems to glow and emanate the light of a fell ember... I love her. I've been looking for a dragon adoptable for some time now, something that's not fluffy. Now, don't take me wrong JBD fans, I'm absolutely smitten with Dasaria, but I compare them more to a soft, cuddly kitten then a dragon. These, there's no mistaking them for anything else. X3
~
Where will you keep him/her: Tmavý would go straight to my character thread to join my other lovelies, along with all her other info and a link back to this thread. I would have her in my sig at one point or another(so I could admire her more), and she would be drawn and Rped when I had the time.
~
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature: Hmmm, that depends. If I were to win her, yes, I would probably breed her. BUT, not to just any male. I'm quite intrigued by the idea of breeding her to a somewhat celestial based Rune. Be it my own, or somebody else's, a lovely light colored male is the only one who will do.
~
Any Quirks: Hmm, well, she does have one interesting little tendency. This Rune, she loves balloons. Particularly black or red ones, but it doesn't really matter what color they are once she's finished. She LOVES to pop them, and her idea of peace on earth is an enormous box of balloons to incinerate. Something about the way they pop seems to energize her to the point of ecstatic chirping. Oh, and never, under any circumstances, offer her a lemon. Just saying....
~
Other: Wip
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Last edited by LostGosling on Fri May 04, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashenjay » Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 pm

OMG <3
I'd like to add that the winner may give this dragon the role of the MAIN Evil antagonist in the side RP, because.....you know ^^;
Awesome art, Bena! (like always~)

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Wow! Amazing job sis! Ooh I can't wait to get my tablet today. :3

Then I can start on that surprise! (;
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri May 04, 2012 12:30 am

Thank you both ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri May 04, 2012 12:27 pm

~Bump~
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coexist » Fri May 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Owner Name: Coexist (I dont know if Im allowed to try out for two at a time or not)
~
Name: Volvagia
~
~
Personality: firey yet she has a softer side she usually hides from others. Anger is an issue so watch for explosive reactions to sensitive issues.
~
Why do you wish to have him/her: she is fascinating in her way, a firespark
~
Where will you keep him/her: in my siggy at first then with my characters
~
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature: oh definate, she is not to be hidden spark but the male would have to be unique.
~
Any Quirks: she likes to volcano lava bathe. :P
~
Other: Most people dont go near volcanoes or hot things on a normal basis, fire scares them as is natural, I had always been somewhat curious as to how the workings of the worlds hotest places worked because I thought them beautiful, deadly but beautiful. The closest I had ever came was a bon-fire and watching a volcano on tv, that was until fate changed. I guess it was fate that I met Volvagia, there are few who call on me for what I do in that situation. You see I am a dog trainer, the scientists on the volcano field thought Volvagia some odd firey dog. So up I went in the odd suit, finding I really didnt need it, so by the time I had reached her I had my helmet off. I looked at her, staring at me in curiousity, then at the scientist. "this is no dog," I said looking back down at the veguely lizardish creature, that looked almost like a miniture dragon, expecially in this setting. The scientist looked back at me, finally noticing I had no helmet, and panicked. "you can die of chemical exposion" he weased pointing at my head. I chuckled, pointed at the critter and said, "this looks fine, besides the sulfer is closer to the peek, you can tell because there is grass here." I said pointing to a clump. The scientist looked at me for all the world like I was mad and walked away like he had a wedgy. I turned back to the animal, clearly a female and spoke in soothing tones, "dont worry, He wont come back I wounded his pride." I said smiling. "If my video addicted husband were here he would name you Volvagia." I said chuckling as she looked at me and glowed brighter to the name, "well I'll be darned, you like it, another Zelda fan is born." I said in a cheezy tone. Volvagia just looked at me, the question clearly on her face, what do we get to do next? I laughed out loud at the expression and started walking home letting her choose where she was comfortable, I was going to have to become alot less sensitive to heat.

art:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1167032
Last edited by Coexist on Fri May 04, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I would like to appoligize to everyone for my behavior. Apparently one of my meds needed adjusted. I decided to stay but I will soon start a thread about High Functioning Autisum so that maybe a few people can better understand when I do slip. Love you all!
Coexist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri May 04, 2012 12:57 pm

No that is fine, you can apply for both since they are judged on different days. However if you win the other then it would not be fair if you won this one as well. Thus, your application would be made void so as to give fair chance to others. Then again you may not win the other and then win this one! You never know but I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying. ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri May 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Bump
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coexist » Fri May 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Benathorn wrote:
No that is fine, you can apply for both since they are judged on different days. However if you win the other then it would not be fair if you won this one as well. Thus, your application would be made void so as to give fair chance to others. Then again you may not win the other and then win this one! You never know but I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying. ^_^

I understand, thank you so much!
I would like to appoligize to everyone for my behavior. Apparently one of my meds needed adjusted. I decided to stay but I will soon start a thread about High Functioning Autisum so that maybe a few people can better understand when I do slip. Love you all!
Coexist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me