Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Happy 4th, Chicken Smoothie! by Zoruakat

Artist Zoruakat [gallery]
Time spent 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Happy 4th, Chicken Smoothie!

Postby Zoruakat » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:56 pm

:D
It's been four years, so I wanted to make something special. I just want to say a little something, that might be boring... :)
I sometimes look through the drawings, and laugh. I feel bad about it after, but I look at some and start thinking about how pathetic they are. No offense, but they seem like a todlar drew them. And then for others, I look at them and think about how awesome they look. But then I look at some of the ones I saved for editing instead of posting. I felt slightly humiliated over the outcome. I tell myself, I can do better than this! I do stuff like this all the time! Why can't I draw? This sucks! I suck! It just goes on from there.
But now I think about how I need to be proud of my work, I need to exept it, to love it, even. And thinking this makes me think, Wow. I wonder if this is what the other people, whos drawings I made fun of, feel about themselves and their work. I tell myself that no matter what others think, my drawings are true art, because I do it because I like it, not because I want others to like it. I know it sounds cheesy, but I do put love into every sketch, every brush-stroke, every shading I add. A peice of me goes into everything I do, from my simple doodles, to my 'breath-taking' songs. From the reciting of a simple poem, to the rythem of the advanced dance skills I have.
The point is, the next time you see someones drawing, and you think that you can do a way better job, let that thought slip through your head, and post a comment saying that they did a great job on the drawing, that you want one, or even say that you wish you could draw like that. Make them feel good, great, even amazing! You'd want someone to do that for you, right? You think you did a bad job, and then you get a compliment. I know I would. I'd feel amazing.
I feel that I could do a better job on this drawing, but I really could care less. I can't sing in front of anybody I wouldn't trust with my life, but I'm working on it. Because is it really stage fright? Or is it me being the same way about my songs and voice that I am with my art and technichs? I think it is. So next time you see a drawing that you'd wanna give a :thumbdown: , give it a :thumbup: . Make the persons day. They deserve it. And so do you.
Thanks,
- Meelsie :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Zoruakat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Happy 4th, Chicken Smoothie!

Postby snatcher » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:57 am

If you need any pointers let me know, It`s really hard at first. You should have seen what I`ve just desided to delete before posting. Unfortudently, I did get a couple pointers, but like allways had to learn by myself, I think it would have been really helpful to have a friend who had used oekaki for as long as... well people over in intermedete, *peers over sheepishly* and I still am learning.

1st tip is, do your backround first. Do you see that little tabby thing saying ``Layers``? Click on the + mark and make your lines there, same with colouring the lines, don`t use the buket tool like you would in paint, it makes an anoying white line, as you`ve probably already noticed.

Need any more? let me know.
who are you
snatcher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Happy 4th, Chicken Smoothie!

Postby Zoruakat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 am

Thanks, that's helpful. Hopefully anybody else who reads this will be able to get pointers from you, too. :)
Zoruakat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me