Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

DS's Character Contest CLOSED ~ WINNERS CHOSEN by DangerousSmile

Based on Click to view
Artist DangerousSmile [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

DS's Character Contest CLOSED ~ WINNERS CHOSEN

Postby DangerousSmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Welcome to DangerousSmile's Character Contest!! :D

CLOSED.
SCORING:
FIRST: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1115251
SECOND: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1128228
THIRD: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1119199
Trades are being sent out now, and they will be MAJORLY added on to because of the looong, wait. I am SO sorry that I could not get on to send out the prizes, things came up. All participants get 20 pets from my "Extras/Trades" group located HERE. Please, come collect your prizes. More elaborate trades will be sent to the top trades, with a message, READ the message please!

My rules:
I really just want you to be creative and original.
That's it! No more rules! :D

Stick With Me Here Please :D

First, I must say that the original lines belong to EmberWolf. Aslo, below are EmberWolf's rules. I figured just to be safe I would list their rules so you don't go against them. I see this a lot on contests; The design doesn't win and people try to sell it to someone else who really likes it. Well, the bolded rule below CLEARLY states that EmberWolf does not allow the selling of any design using her lines. If you want to sell the design, you MUST use other lines. I just want to be fair to EmberWolf and play by their rules.

EmberWolf wrote:
THE ALL IMPORTANT RULES
○Do NOT take credit for the lines
○Please do NOT take my signature off. You can move it, but it HAS to be visible at all times!
Please do NOT make adoptables or designs you plan on selling. If I see these being used to sell designs, I kindly refer you to my rules first, and if you ignore me and continue selling- I WILL PROBABLY REPORT YOU. If you give a design from here to a free design 'adoption agency' because you no longer want the character, that's fine. Making a bunch of designs on these lines that you yourself don't plan on keeping and just adopting them out immediately is NOT okay. I consider that making adoptables, even if not in the adoptable oekaki board.
-Basically, NO FREE ADOPTABLES, NO PAID ADOPTABLES. THAT IS FINAL
If you want to ask my why I am so picky about adoptables, be my guest. I have explained it before.
○Please do NOT use this for CHARACTER/PET BREEDINGS that you plan on ADOPTING OUT. Even if you use other lines for the parents and puppies, but use MY lines for each pup's ref, I will NOT allow it because they are being used for adoptables, and that is against my rules. If you do breedings and use my lines and you AREN'T adopting them out or being PAID to make the refs, then you are fine.
○Please do NOT make PAID art orders with this (color in for someone else where you receive payment)
○Please do NOT use this to make entries for a contest
-However, you may use this to make an Oekaki Contest, and people are allowed to enter using the lines (obviously)
○Feel free to edit any part of the lines or the background

I'm sure some people have noticed that I DO go around and regulate these rules- I look for signatureless color ins, and adoptables, and ones that are for contest entries that aren't Oekaki, etc etc, and if I find anything that goes against my rules I will politely remind you to read these over or to change something. If you follow all my rules, then the only reason you should see me posting on your colored in post is because I'm complimenting it. Thank you.

Thank you and enjoy :3

Alright, well I'm sure you want to know what I want to see. I might list something at a later date, but right now I'm not going to. I Love dark designs, but I also love some lighter designs too, so I don't want to list what I like and you go "Oh it has to be all bloody and creepy" or "Wow she wants it all flowery and bright". I want you to design something cool. Now what you can do is comment and ask me "Hey do you like violets" or "I like this song as inspiration and was wondering if you liked it so I could base the design sort of around it". Im fine with that. Just don't ask me my favorite animal or pattern or color.

I've decided to do a Point Grading Policy. What this means is that things will add up in points to better your chances of winning. My scale:
Background: 10 Points
Every LISTED IN DESCRIPTION line change (depending on size and quality): 4 - 15 points
Nice color scheme: 10 Points
Named (I have the right to change the name): 5 Points
Design description (what you did, how you did it): 25 Points
Character's history and personality (depending on originality and creativity): 10 - 35
And of course, how much I like the design: 10 - 100
Every topic BUMP (as long as its not annoyingly often): 1 Point
Color Palate Display: 6 Points
If you can advertise to friends about the contest, every person that SAYS you informed them about the contest and enters will give you: 5 Points

Well, I bet you want to know the prizes, right? Well I got them up for you, and believe me, all of this coding was dang hard to do on my IPod!! Here it is!
First Place:
CHOICE OF: March '09 Rare (not true to date, was prized during '11 Christmas):
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! 
AND
November '10 Malk Dog:
PLUS choice of any two Prize Pool pets from HERE AND HERE (I WILL keep entry)

OR: December '09 Rare (true to date):

AND
November '10 Malk Dog:
PLUS choice of any two Prize Pool pets from HERE AND HERE (I WILL keep entry)

Second Place:
WHATEVER RARE FIRST PLACE PRIZE WINNER DOES NOT CHOSE.
AND
one Prize Pool pet from HERE AND HERE (I WILL keep entry)

Third Place:
Any two Prize Pool pets from HERE AND HERE (Choice of keeping entry or giving design to me)

Notable mentions may receive a prize. (May keep entry unless they WANT to give it to me)

Prize Pool pets are pets from my Contest Group and Trade Group HERE AND HERE

LIST OF GRADING POLICY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE VIA ADDING MORE SUBJECTS OF POINTS
Comment before submitting entry or entry is not valid
NO CURRENTLY SET END-DATE
Last edited by DangerousSmile on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:24 am, edited 11 times in total.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Nearly half of marriages end in divorce. That's not so bad, considering the rest end in death!

[imghttp://www.photoblip.com/images/41/91e28beac274f447b252425e1dd51abe.gif[/img]
DangerousSmile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Character Contest

Postby sparrowspam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:06 pm

OWO IM GONNA ENTER!!!

*looks at your gallery and stuff to see what you like*
sparrowspam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerousSmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Ha ha okay. Thanks for posting. Hopefully I can get the prizes up soon.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Nearly half of marriages end in divorce. That's not so bad, considering the rest end in death!

[imghttp://www.photoblip.com/images/41/91e28beac274f447b252425e1dd51abe.gif[/img]
DangerousSmile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coraychi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:33 pm

I may enter. c;

#BlackLivesMatter ✊

Hey, I'm Erin!
You can call me Cora, if you prefer.
I've been on CS since 2009 but my activity is very on-and-off. I mostly hang around to adopt monthly pets and participate in a couple forum games! If you wanna chat, feel free to message me, but know that I'm pretty slow to reply most of the time!
Coraychi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerousSmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Yay! :D

DangerousSmile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coraychi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Woot~! Image

#BlackLivesMatter ✊

Hey, I'm Erin!
You can call me Cora, if you prefer.
I've been on CS since 2009 but my activity is very on-and-off. I mostly hang around to adopt monthly pets and participate in a couple forum games! If you wanna chat, feel free to message me, but know that I'm pretty slow to reply most of the time!
Coraychi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerousSmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Prizes updated!

DangerousSmile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerousSmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:15 pm

BUMP

DangerousSmile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerousSmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:15 pm

BUMP

DangerousSmile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerousSmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:52 pm

BUMP

DangerousSmile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me