Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Silence Isn't Always Golden by Spastic Tigress

Artist Spastic Tigress [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Silence Isn't Always Golden

Postby Spastic Tigress » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 am

Ehh, my first try at using the Oekaki. The timer might be off a little. My first session, the basic silhouette, only took about ten minutes to decide on and draw. My second, adding the slime, wings, words, and attempting to smooth the lines only took about fifteen minutes. And though I probably should have spent more time on it, I got lazy.

This is based off of an old fursona of mine. He is otherwise known as Dabas.
Dabas is basically a mute and blind mutt that is the embodiment of Silence, Nature, and Peace.

Dabas is a lone traveler, and rarely comes into contact with humans or other canines. However, wherever he goes, nature is drawn to him, so he is never really alone. The wings on Dabas' back are not meant for flight (though if he ever wished to, he could use them for that purpose). They are merely his connection to the parts of nature that reside in the sky. Being both mute and blind, Dabas must rely on his sharp hearing and acute sense of smell to lead him in the right direction. He rarely has a real destination, so he travels all the time, save for when he is sleeping or lazing about. Dabas does not eat or drink because he does not have a mouth or internal organs. He is simply a shell filled with the slime that you see coating his wings and dripping from his eye. This slime also covers his tail and legs. The slime changes color depending on his mood and since he is very hard to anger or upset, the slime is usually a neutral green. Dabas is completely white, save for the slime, due to the face that he stands for peace. However, the mark on his left ear is pitch black, representing the sin and/or sins that every life form must hold. Because we all know, that no one can live their life without giving in to at least one sin. Dabas' sins, however, are locked away inside him. No one but him knows much of his past, and because he is mute, he cannot tell a living soul.

Dabas (c) Myself
Spastic Tigress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Silence Isn't Always Golden

Postby Ibuki Mioda » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:58 am

Its awesome looking