My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: || Lunar New Year Adopts || Rooster || 10

Postby Koro-san » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:08 am

Username: Koro-san
Name: Hiyokomame (means Chickpea)
10 word personality: A charismatic, charming, very dramatic person- and easily spooked.
What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.)
(I elected to personify Hiyoko as an actual rooster because I've had quite a few- very interesting things, roosters are!)

A small sliver of sunlight peeked through the crack in the coop door, and moved carefully, very slowly, toward the sleeping hens. Hiyoko watched it, eyes wide, beak and talons ready for attack against the very shiny intruder. His eyebrows were raised and twitching- his whole body quivering- perched up above the oblivious hens and ready to attack it at any moment.

He didn’t know what it was. He didn’t care. He was determined to stop it- whatever it was- from harming the tiny, breathing piles of feathers below him. He watched it with one large, unmoving eye. He did not know whether it saw him or not.

If it did- it was certainly brave. Hiyoko was the strongest rooster the coop had ever had, and he certainly made himself known. Hawks, foxes, and the occasional groundhog never got much farther than a nose under the fence before Hiyoko was right in their face- shrieking and beating his wings- lashing out with talons and crying a vicious cry that disturbed any living thing for miles out. The chicken were safe- if not a bit weary or Hiyoko’s mannerisms- but definitely safe.

So as the tiny light creeped closer, the more ready to attack Hiyoko became. He was poised and ready.

And as soon as the light touched the hay that covered the coop floor Hiyoko dove off his perch- leading with his extended talons- and slammed himself into the coop floor. He screamed at the light, viciously beating his wings and pecking, scratching, and clawing at the poor floorboards. The hens were awake now- whether they wanted to be or not- and were curiously watching Hiyoko attack the stream of light as it continued to advance into the coop. Furious at his futile attacks Hiyoko slammed his body into the coop door, swinging it wide open.

The hens happily clucked for Hiyoko. He was doing such a good job! He was now outside the coop, screaming as loud as he could and flinging himself everywhere. He was overwhelmed and exhausted- with his last bit of energy he flew up to the top of the coop and perched high on the roof, determined to save his hens.

Micheal was out right on time to feed her animals. The hens were out and about now- pecking around at the dew-filled grass and pulling up worms. The sun was fully above the horizon, the air was calm and cool. Quickly counting her chickens to make sure the night had been an uneventful one, Micheal didn’t need to look around for her rooster to know he was alright. She pulled herself up on the roof of the henhouse, and with gloved hands gently scooped up the napping, worn-out Hiyoko.

“You do this every morning...”

[460/500]
INFJ | She/ Her | Smol
Character Trading Thread!

Pixel by nocturnalapples
Koro-san

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fūi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:06 am

Username: okahui
      Name: dayton
      10 word personality: "people can conquer anything, if it was meant to be.

he was awake, before the first sun hit the white painted fence and stretched mighty shadows across the golden fields of harvest. bursts of visible breath touched the crisp morning air as he huffed over the last bale of hay. the suns, Octos and Mitos trailed after each other as they slowly climbed the morning violet skies. dayton was already feeling sweat drops form on his forehead and cheeks, but there was stills tasks ahead. He neared the house which was a simple red barn in a world consumed with modern technology. As he stood on the front porch, shaking heavy boots from his feet before entering the house, the warm and sweet smell of brown sugar filled the room. There stood his one and only sister, Madoka, cooking a hearty meal of sweet toast and bacon. Dayton smiled and watched as she hummed, muttering to herself. Only after a few seconds Madoka turned around, and grinned from ear to ear. "Aaa big brother ! I hope you worked up an appetite, I'm cooking enough to feed the entire southern faction. " She giggled as she turned back to focus on what looked like egg tofu. Dayton nodded and put his hand on his belt. "Well sis, you could say I'm about ready to - " He paused for a second as the sound of shuffling feet from the second floor caught both their attention. Sleepy and still a bit out of it, his nephew Benji came from upstairs and walked slowly, rubbing one of his eyes. His hair was sticking out in all directions, and his stomach slightly exposed as his pajamas were rolled up. Before the kid could reach the ground floor, Dayton swooped him up and starting tickling the kid wide awake. "Well now, I'm so hungry I could eat you up !" Benji cried with laughter while Madoka chuckled, pleased to see her son awake. "Now now both of you ! I'm still not quite ready so why don't you go out back. I'm sure Uncle Dayton could use some help." She winked and Benji lit up, looking up at Dayton. "I can help ! I can do that !" Dayton looked back at the 7 year old kit. He leaned down and nodded. "As my second in command, I think think it's about time I teach you what it's like to be a man. Now go get changed." With gusto, Benji ran upstairs and soon enough Dayton was teaching the boy all kinds of things. First was to chop off some remainder wood he had, but Benji could hardly pick up the axe. Next was to feed the horses, which proved to be Benji's and Dayton's favorite part. The trio had breakfast together, and Dayton was delighted for them to be together once again. Never again would he lose his precious family to the world consumed with greed. If he worked hard, he could keep his family together. If he worked harder, it could last forever. [493/500]

kalons used; madoka benji
fūi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:37 pm

**Photo was taken by me, for my use only**
Username: Desmond ☀ Name: Paitalyi "Alyi"
10 word personality:
Perfectionist ☀ Disciplined ☀ Merciful
☀ Harsh as the sun, and yet warmer. ☀

Dawn itself is silent. Peaceful. Unbroken. But it must always, always, be shattered.

Alyi lives for the morning, when the dew of the rough mountain grass is fresh against his feet and the sky is painted in hues of sleepy pinks and purples, the reluctant sun’s sweet offerings for just a few seconds more of rest and darkness. And it works, some mornings, for just a few precious moments where the beauty is too awe-inspiring to ignore, and it gives him pause.

But he is a dutiful son. And he must herald the new day, give time reason and cause to continue and the light to continue by as it passes through the dark void of time. He lights a lantern and hangs it high, and sounds the soft bells that hang by the outcrop that he performs his morning ritual on. And, either by the power of the name graced upon him or a lifetime’s worth of learning the timing of the sun’s passing over the horizon, the sun rises and light shines upon the mountains around him - the peaks first, the snow glistening as if the lights of the thousands of stars had fled into its white blanket for the day, and then the rocky sides and canopies of the hardiest trees, before the valley at the food of the range is flooded and life slowly starts crawling out of its beds and dens.

And for that moment, he is crowned with light: Paitalyi, the Son of the Sun, and he who guides his father safely into the sky.

This has been his life for as long as he could remember; the ritual, ingrained into him by his mother and the sage that had given him his name, wavered between magic and perfectly trained timing. It certainly seemed magical - the lighting of the lantern being the spark to wake the sun, and the light to lead him from the vestiges of night, and the tinkling of the bells to wake him from his nightly rest. But sometimes, when he feels rushed or impatient, and he can feel the push or pull of off-timing, he has to wonder: is he calling the sun, or is the sun, perhaps, calling him?
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:00 am

goodluck everyone!! I’m super excited for this kal <3
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:13 am

Good luck everyone!! So many interesting ideas for him!!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 am

good luck everyone!! I loved creating a story for this kal!!

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeadDadCrew » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:28 am

Good luck everyone!
Peter|he/him
DeadDadCrew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SyntheticFox » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:35 am

Goodluck everybody!

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello There !

I'm SyntheticFox ! (Or Fox)
Feel free to message me !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kalons』✮『Senti』✮『Bigby

SyntheticFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softea » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:52 am

goodluck!

Honestly this guy is my favorite of the LNY adopts omg!

Again,
Goodluck to everyone and I really enjoyed all your forms!
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me