Number of Animals: 1
Servings Needed: 5 any
.25 meat
Number of Seeds Allowed: 5
Next Visit to Ancestors: This post
Yemons: 76
Mod: Simonpet
Last Replies: x

The egg had been vibrating for the past day. After their patrols, John sat on a moss seat near the egg and watched it. He did not leave the edge of the egg for multiple hours, even as the horizon grew dark.

Lisa brought him some dinner as the owls came out and swooped above their camp. “Does it look any different?” she asked. John shook his head. “Alright then,” she said. “I’ll leave you be for now. Try to get some sleep overnight, we will have to work tomorrow.” John acknowledged her request and she left.

In the middle of the night, John woke to the sound of a bolt of lightning. His eyes shot open. The egg hatching was much too important for him to be distracted by a storm as well. The egg! He can’t believe himself, as he must have fallen asleep. The egg was now pierced down the meridian with a great red goo slipping through the crack. John sat straight up, and tried to avoid his greatest wish at the moment, which was to help the egg open. He simply watched as the egg cracked open, and eventually a great red and black winged lizard burst out. He let out a great screech and the two tumbled together.

John eventually remembered to hand-feed the fire-lizard berries. Feeding creatures at birth was a highly successful way of making them companion with you. He let the fire-lizard nuzzle the juice and seeds from his palms and, once the fire-lizard was done, John took him into the main room where the others were sleeping. The fire-lizard cawed as he saw them and Lisa and Abel stirred. John laid down on his cot and the fire-lizard nested at his feet.

At the crack of dawn, the fire-lizard walked across John’s face. John awoke to the pitter-pattering of the short claws on his cheeks and the decrescendo yelp of Lisa. Lisa laughed.
“We’ve got a fire-dragon now!”

Abel sharply turned from his spot in the kitchenette. “Excuse me?” he asked. “The fire-dragon is alive and well? It must be in the house. As I’m SURE you know, John, the house is strictly for humans only. Although animals can live outside just fine, the house that we’ve built. Should be. Reserved. For us.”

Abel marched across the dirt-splattered floor and past the colony of mice he’d cared for that lived through the hole in the wall. He looked down at the fire-dragon, who now had his front feet on John’s neck and was looking up at Abel. “And it looks like it’s about to kill us. We live with it why?”

John sighed. “Abel. He’s a newborn dragon. I don’t want to leave a Baby outside.”

“You would do good not to get attached.” Abel snapped. “Don’t even think about naming him yet. Most fire-lizards escape from their masters, so you won’t have him for long.”

John saw the inflexible frustration in his brother’s eyes and did not go on a tirade about the importance of having small connections with everything. “I won’t tell you anything about a name for now. I will be thinking of some. It looks like his colors seem to match your mood well, so I’ll be thinking of you no matter what I name him.” John held out more berries to the fire-lizard and stroked his back.

Patrols:
Lisa leads all five people to go hunting, gathering, scouting, and to explore the borders. Gallant the fire-lizard comes on the border patrol as well.

Food:
They eat .5 of a walrus (5 servings) and .25 of a rabbit (1 serving)

Ancestors:
Lisa goes to the ancestors to request a new member.

Leaders
    Lisa | she/her | 34
    ↪ ST - G3 / HS - AC / HC - 34 / EC - D6 / X / human
    Name | Gender | Age
    ↪ N/A

Council of Vice-Leaders
    Name | Gender | Age
    ↪ N/A

Healers
    Name | Gender | Age | Knowledge Points
    ↪ N/A

Warriors