Carolina Shepherds Easter Event

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Carolina Shepherds Easter Event

Postby taikunfoo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:40 am

Carolina Shepherd Easter Event

Happy Easter! We are having an egg hunt where each egg you find will get you a raffle entry for one of the special rabbit breed themed adopts. There are ten different eggs (beautifully designed by Julius525 - thank you!) to find hidden around the Carolina Shepherds pages on chickensmoothie!

Submit the links to the eggs you have found here (google forms link - no email required).

If you don't find all ten eggs don't worry! You will still be entered for the adopts whose eggs you have found. Please note that you can only submit the form once, so please be sure that you've found all ten eggs or you are done searching for the eggs.

The event will end on 4/5 at approximately 0800 eastern time (UTC-4).

If you have any questions or want to talk about your progress and/or the event, feel free to post here! Event winners will be posted here as well :)
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherds Easter Event

Postby kijauni » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:25 am

This was a lot of fun!
I got to talk to many peeps and arranged some breedings but also

A few suggestions:
It took me around-ish 6 or 7hrs to find all 10 eggs. I know a friend spend 10hrs looking and found 8. Another friend found 7 with 3 to 4hrs time.

This is just too long. I only have been able to do so because I was sick, with my normal workload I'd have been finding maybe 4 or 5 eggs.

Now, I thought off some ways to make the hunt easier without taking all the fun out of it:
1. Participating Artists. Do I need to check all posts from everybody? only taikun? taikun AND Julius? Through that, I can narrow already down which ones to check and which ones not.
2. Hints and Clues. Maybe little riddles pointing into a direction "my eyes as black as my coat, the nose freckled with snow dust" -> one is hidden with a black dog with a freckled nose and maybe merle. Just an example ofc. Or it could be very straightforward and for each egg is a little list here
example: Egg 1: Might want to check our Dogs in search for a home. Egg 2: Adopts between 1 and 200 have been loosing eggs lately. Egg 3: Oh no, I missplaced my notes for our last Summer Event.
Something along those lines!

So if you are stuck with an Egg, you have a place to find some clues.
Orrrrr: The Clues could be attached to a found egg. as in: You have to find an egg, and each egg holds 2 or 3 clues to find 2 or 3 other eggs. So there is no list, you have to find eggs to find eggs, so to say.

Or last Suggestion: The Eggs are only hidden on the adopts/nursery dogs posted in this current year. in 24 only on adopts posted 24, 25 only adopts posted in 25, etc. That also downsizes already a lot the amount of pages to check.

E//: Also, I'd love if the Event could run from a Friday Evening to next week Sunday. Through this we would have 2 full weekends to try and egg hunt. Because sometimes, even a weekend means busy busy. :3

Tl:Dr: I think there are many ways in which the time needed could be pretty marginable downsized without straight taking the fun of the actual egg hunt away bc I did enjoy it and the thrill of finding one was big! But the hours spend on the hunt are imo just too big for it to actually work for people with less free time.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherds Easter Event

Postby taikunfoo » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:00 am

kijauni - thank you so much for the feedback! I think some hints might be in order for next year's egg hunt, we don't want it to be taking that long!

Our Easter event is now over, thanks everyone for participating! We only had 8 folks this year so two people will be going home with two dogs.
A-0506 (Silver Fox Rabbit) - Baobabel
A-0507 (Jersey Wooly Rabbit) - kijauni
A-0508 (Belgian Hare) - chwommiecwoo
A-0509 (Creme D'Argent Rabbit) - Embergleam
A-0510 (American Sable Rabbit) - werepickle
A-0511 (Dutch Rabbit) - ►Athena◄
A-0512 (Thuringer Rabbit) - kijauni
A-0513 (Angora Rabbit) - ►Athena◄
A-0514 (Enderby Island Rabbit) - Shenanergans
A-0515 (Mini Rex Rabbit) - kaju
taikunfoo

My pets