🐟 nishinekos β”Š 🐟 artist search v2

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

🐟 nishinekos β”Š 🐟 artist search v2

Postby kitsukami » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:30 am

nishinekos artist search (v2)
landing pageβ”Šstaff apps

(this is the 2nd version of the artist search! there was a huge gap of inactivity for this uma so to make sure i choose artists that are still interested and on board i decided to make a fresh thread
if you posted on the original thread but never got chosen, you’re allowed to repost your form here with the necessary edits!)

Whether you want to stay fulltime as a nishineko artist or test the waters first, i'm looking for talented artists which could be you !
more artists that can help me bring out litters, customs, etc can help me immensely!
i try to strive for at least one guest artist chosen monthly but sometimes there’ll be gaps.

there's absolutely no time limit on these for now, and picking artists can happen at any time & is not guaranteed to happen instantly (if at all).
quick guest artist rundown wrote:(updated as of 4/18/23) all artists will start as a guest artist. for this uma, guest artists do not have an end-date trial! (i understand things come up and people will be busy.) To become a fulltime artist, you will have to be a guest for a full month (31 days as of your acceptance into staff) and dm me that you’re interested in doing so.

being a guest artist is like an unlimited trial period; you get to make litters and discord giveaway nishinekos for as long as you want; but if you become a guest artist and realize you don’t want to stick around any longer for any reason, please tell me!

fulltime/resident artists are able to:
- create litters (residents are not required to make a litter each month)
- design customs for others
- create nishinekos found in expeditions and discord giveaways
- breed two nishinekos for others and design their kittens
      guest artists are able to:
- create litters (i expect guests to provide at least one litter during their time on staff but you can make more)
- create nishinekos found in expeditions and discord giveaways

benefits of becoming an artist
- you are allowed to keep any entries youve made if you are accepted, maximum of 1 design.
- artists (including guests) have many more rewards to offer other than just that first one. if you’re curious about it, please pm me to know more.

artist search rules
    β—¦ you MUST have a discord for this search!! there is a lot of information you need that’s solely on the discord so if you do not have a discord account i’m afraid you won’t be able to join staff :[
    if you post here, i’ll assume by default you have discord.

β—¦ please do not remove the fake sign on the bottom right of the canvas! you are allowed to move it around though if it gets in the way

β—¦ edit as much as you would like on the base and make the canvas larger! just remember to follow the species guidelines below and the prior rule. the canvas can also be bigger to fit more space as needed.

β—¦ do not base any nishinekos off of existing characters or ocs for this search, i want to see your designing talent! :)c

β—¦ do not use the base for anything else except for this artist search or claim the base itself as your own work.

β—¦ if you dont have a lot of time to make several examples on the base, feel free to also show me other pixel works of your's that will help me get a better idea of what will be seen on the base, such as a link to a different uma artist search you applied to, other fullbody pixelated works, etc.

β—¦ please post here in this thread. you can pm if thats what you prefer but its easier for me if its posted on this thread.

β—¦ if you're accepted you'll be contacted through pm.

--------------------------------

species-specific guidelines (kept it brief this time around)
- as of 4/18/23, nishinekos are not required to have a fish around them (though it should be treated as a pseudo rare/legendary trait.)
buuut if you decide you want some ideas to switch up the default guppy, here is a list of some ideas!

- i’m very tolerant on what you can do with the base. i’m all for creativity and thinking outside the box! you can edit whatever you like on the base (as mentioned before) as long as it still resembles a nishineko in some way.

--------------------------------

here is the base you will be using!

and a version without some items to make it easier to edit things around if you so choose:

once you're ready with all your examples, post here with this form filled out:
Code: Select all
[b]username + ID:[/b]
[b]past art experiences?[/b] (how long you’ve been drawing, if you’re an artist currently/in the past for a different uma, etc)
[b]why do you want to become an artist for nishinekos?[/b]
[b]insert your examples here--[/b]

thank you for reading through all of this if you did, and good luck for all applying (again!!) ^^

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
                x
                please call me alex
                not cooking πŸ’― ️‍πŸ”₯

───────────────

x
                my umas β€’ she / they
                toyh β€’ current β™« β€’ vid

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

kitsukami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🐟 nishinekos β”Š 🐟 artist search v2

Postby eereii » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:52 pm

username + ID: eereii + 211273

past art experiences? I have been drawing off-and-on for like 13+ years now, digitally for at least 7! I currently run/own the uma dorks and I was a breeding artist for Star Chasers while they were active!

why do you want to become an artist for nishinekos? I saw nishinekos when i first came back on to CS after my haitus and was getting into umas, and I literally have wanted to help out/be an artist with y'all since. The lineart and concept is so cute!! I wasn't very experienced with pixel art back then and didn't feel comfortable enough to apply before the hiatus though. So, even if I'm not accepted, I'm just happy they seem to be back!!

insert your examples here--
sorry this is so fast I noticed this thread as a wip a while ago and got really excited and made these two to prep i hope thats okay -

Image Image Image

My dorks customs/litter archive, dorks item archive, and my Star Chaser customs/litter archive. If you want more examples, I have some un-released stuff I can share via PM!
----

edit: added a cowfish version :3
she/her | bi/ace
call me eereii!!

transformers and car
enthusiast
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
UMA archives

eereii

My pets
My items
My wishlist