Dralon Suggestion Thread ^.^

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Dralon Suggestion Thread ^.^

Postby unpredictable » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Link to the Dralon ordering thread where you can get to all the other Dralon threads ^.^

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Dralon Suggestion Thread ^.^ Here you may suggest and discuss ideas for new Dralon things. You can talk about anything that you think it would be cool to see, but keep in mind that I have veto vote on if I want to make things, and it's more useful to discuss things that have the potential to exist than things I've said a definite no to.

What Not to Suggest
This list will be added to as needed.

Types: Trust me, I have enough types thought up that I want to eventually make that I'm covered for years into the future XD

Any sort of growing system: Dralons actually started out as an adoptable that had a cub stage Cub line art XD but I very quickly could no longer handle that. Some of the order fill posts I do have over 100 Dralons in it and I 100% could not keep up with having two or more stages for each of them.

Markings: I want to take a break from drawing markings for the time being. There's over 430 of them, with more planned. I promise whatever you want to make, you can make with the markings that already exist XD

What has already been suggested

Nothing yet

Think that's about everything needed for the first post. I'm sure it'll be edited and become more refined once the thread has been around for a bit. Have fun ^.^
unpredictable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dralon Suggestion Thread ^.^

Postby bantry bay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:07 am

Oh...
I HAVE AN IDEA!
Maybe... maybe... umm... maybe... a special Dralon 'holiday?'
Or some kind of themed event?
──-───────────
they/them/theirs
ve/vir/vis

───────────-──
███░████████ █

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████████ █
──-─────────────────────────────

i’m samael, a stablehand working towards an
animal science degree and vet school.
not particularly active.

─────────────────────────────-──
███░████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
sig credit art da fr th dv referral
my dms are always open

───────────────-──
.•*¨¨*•.¸.•*¨¨*•.
███░████████████ █

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
bantry bay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unpredictable » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:43 am

Hmm, we celebrate quite a few holidays. There's the holiday items, and sometimes special markings or even new types are made to celebrate special days. We had an advent calendar in December with a new marking each and every day. Our big yearly celebration happens on June 9th. Last year I made 22 new markings and released the Branchtails and Threetails, as well as gave everyone an extra breeding slot if I remember correctly.

As for events, we do have the Horsetail breeding contests and the new breed slot raffle, or did you mean something else by your second suggestion?

Glad to see the thread is getting some use ^.^
unpredictable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhdarchid » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:55 am

What about a breeding request thread? I don't really know how it would be set up, but I got the idea from wanting to breed my Threetail with another Threetail, but not knowing what the other Threetails looked like or who owned them.
azhdarchid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unpredictable » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:15 am

Hmm, I do like the idea, but I'm not sure how it could be implemented... I would not have time to keep up another thread where the current breed requests are listed on the front page for example. If the thread didn't have that service it would be very difficult to tell which breed requests are still active, and finally... co-op threads such as the trade one, where people manage their own post and those interested in what they have to offer PM them to work out further details, just plain don't work. I have no idea why, but as far as I know, a successful trade has not been made using the new trade thread even though it's been around since early January.

I'd be pretty unwilling to give the job of creating and maintaining a thread to someone else as well, as users just get tired of them, often quite soon after they've been created, and abandon them. If such a thread were to be created, I would want it to meet the quality of everything else Dralons has to offer, not just watch it spring up and then die.

I will think on it, but like I said, I'm not sure I could implement it in a way that would be effective. There is a list of people on the Fan Club Thread who are willing to breed their Dralons with others though, as well as a Threetail for trade on the Trade Thread if you wanted a more permanent partner for your own Threetail. All I can really suggest right now is either trying to make an offer on the Threetail for trade or searching through the flocks of people willing to breed their Dralons with others, see if you can find a suitable match, and then contact them.
unpredictable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bantry bay » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Small question: Where the cub lines your inspiration for the pose + face lines on the Fishtail? Because they kind of look like miniature reversed Fishtails without tails.
──-───────────
they/them/theirs
ve/vir/vis

───────────-──
███░████████ █

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-─────────────────────────────

i’m samael, a stablehand working towards an
animal science degree and vet school.
not particularly active.

─────────────────────────────-──
███░████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
sig credit art da fr th dv referral
my dms are always open

───────────────-──
.•*¨¨*•.¸.•*¨¨*•.
███░████████████ █

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
bantry bay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unpredictable » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:16 am

There's actually a specific place for questions like that ^.^ Clickies ^.^

But actually, they aren't inspired by each other. Their origin comes from another adoptable of mine from a long time ago back when I dabbled in the idea of hand drawn adoptables. Click. I used the same picture independently for pose reference for both the cub and Fishtail linearts years apart and only realized after XD
unpredictable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby <sandfeather> » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Perhaps a stud list? Like we can put out Dralons for breeding. It would take a lot of work but mabye it can be like the trade thread or we make our own thread and just link it.
<sandfeather>

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unpredictable » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Hmm, I'm hesitant to implement a thread like that, mostly because of the fact that I don't believe the trade thread has ever had a successful trade made because of it. I have no idea why it failed, but it did and I feel like making another thread with the same idea to it wouldn't be a good idea. In addition, the fanclub thread keeps a list of members that have Dralons available for breeding. It can be found Here.
unpredictable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Tue May 19, 2015 1:24 pm

I have a idea! Crossbreeds!
My Storkies