Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre || Discussion

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Are you planning on entering the Mustang Million?

Yes, with one character/one horse.
10%
Yes, with two characters/two horses.
20%
Yes, with three characters/three horses.
15%
Yes, with four or more characters/horses.
5%
No, I do not plan on entering the Mustang Million.
5%
Maybe, but I can't guarantee having enough time/motivation to say for sure right now.
45%

Total votes : 20

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre || Discussion

Postby caf. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:19 am

Starwalker123 wrote:Who would be interested in helping me with coding for a pony registery

i'm no coding expert, but if you're looking for something simple like the rvfha i'd be glad to help!
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:53 am

Starwalker123 wrote:That would be great

shoot me a pm, i can get you set up ^^
caf - they/them - bi

RVEC nowadays, though i
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:49 am

caf. wrote:hey RVEC! i just finished an overhaul of the redwood valley feral horse association - we've traded our rewards and insurance programs in favor of a complex database, several monetary awards, and brand-spanking-new competitions! if you're the owner of a mustang, nokota, brumby, chincoteague pony, or other feral breed, please check us out and get involved - we'd love to have you!

a poll has been added to the thread regarding what events and programs we might implement, so if you are unsure about registering, please see what we may have in store!!
caf - they/them - bi

RVEC nowadays, though i
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RVEC Hunter Jumper Association (topic draft)

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:19 am

Hey,
If anyone has a moment, could you critique what I have so far for the Hunter Jumper Association?
If you have any gift with Coding/Adding embellishments/Finding pictures/clips - I'd love to use your talents.

Please message me, and I'll send you what I have. I haven't set up a topic yet - as I wanted a finished version first.

Thank you in advance.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 am

not sure if this should go into the suggestions thread or here, but as i'm preparing new programs for the RVFHA (get excited, feral horse owners!) i've run into a big issue. as it stands, for a 150c-entry-fee class, i can only afford to run it at a max of a 338c prize for first place if five horses enter - this pales in comparison to RVEC competitions and makes it incredibly difficult to pull enough competitors to make competitions profitable on both ends. ideally, i'd be able to run competitions with the same entry fees and prizes as RVEC, but there's simply no way for me to earn the lost money back. since it's simply impossible for you to make horses at the rate at which it would take to keep registrations steady enough to be a viable income, i'm having to get a little creative with ways to earn money. i'm not looking to become a mega-rich facility, either, just don't want to run the association dry a few months down the road.
i suppose my suggestion is for RVEC to subsidize associations for hosting competitions. say for each class the association hosts they earn 2-3000c in order to at least break even while still offering large class prizes. or at least offer some other sort of source of income for the associations? the increased income from shows has definitely helped me as a private owner, but unfortunately i'm finding it a challenge to sustainably host competitions.
everything else on rvec seems to be going really smoothly to me! the new features being rolled out look like they'll be a whole lot of fun. i can't wait to see what else you have in store!
caf - they/them - bi

RVEC nowadays, though i
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:21 am

caf. wrote:not sure if this should go into the suggestions thread or here, but as i'm preparing new programs for the RVFHA (get excited, feral horse owners!) i've run into a big issue. as it stands, for a 150c-entry-fee class, i can only afford to run it at a max of a 338c prize for first place if five horses enter - this pales in comparison to RVEC competitions and makes it incredibly difficult to pull enough competitors to make competitions profitable on both ends. ideally, i'd be able to run competitions with the same entry fees and prizes as RVEC, but there's simply no way for me to earn the lost money back. since it's simply impossible for you to make horses at the rate at which it would take to keep registrations steady enough to be a viable income, i'm having to get a little creative with ways to earn money. i'm not looking to become a mega-rich facility, either, just don't want to run the association dry a few months down the road.
i suppose my suggestion is for RVEC to subsidize associations for hosting competitions. say for each class the association hosts they earn 2-3000c in order to at least break even while still offering large class prizes. or at least offer some other sort of source of income for the associations? the increased income from shows has definitely helped me as a private owner, but unfortunately i'm finding it a challenge to sustainably host competitions.
everything else on rvec seems to be going really smoothly to me! the new features being rolled out look like they'll be a whole lot of fun. i can't wait to see what else you have in store!

That's an excellent idea! All associations will now receive a 3,000c subsidy for every show they run to be used in the form of prize money only such that all entry fees will benefit the association directly ^^

Glad to hear you like the new features! I'm on the cusp of releasing the breeding updates that I'm hoping will really stimulate the RVEC breed system, including one I'm hoping will really help out owners with rare breeds, so look for that this weekend! c:
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:24 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to throw out a quick question about the show system: How do you all feel about random events? As it stands, there's only approximately a 20% chance that a horse does not have a random event; although these are designed to allow for movement among the top rankings of a show so that a horse does not dominate the show scene every time, this is pretty minimal but has thrown a show more than once. What I wonder is if instead of the random event being the default, should it be somewhat sex-dependent such that geldings only have a 20% chance of having a random event at all, mares would have a 30% chance, and stallions would have a 40% chance of having one? I want to consistently reward barns for producing high quality horses while still keeping an aspect of realism so that sometimes a top horse really will screw things up but not always, you know? Just want to hear you guys' thoughts on whether they should stay as they are, where you're almost guaranteed to have one, or if they should be diminished somewhat whether by making it sex-dependent or otherwise c: Let me know what you all are thinking! <3

Also, sorry to drop this as a bomb on everyone, but I'm going to be removing halter/showmanship as a discipline; only entries made before this point will be judged and then I'll be taking it down for at least the time being. I may offer it from time to time as a special show but it's just too tedious for me to judge at the moment and I hate making people wait so long on the results ^^' Sorry about that, and I hope you all aren't too mad about it! <3
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me