VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 16

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 9

Postby VAALRAVN » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Prompt 3 - Relaxation Destination

[ Username : Vesinir.
    [ Story : WIP.
    [ Viscet used and Credits : Lucis, owned by me.
    xxxx( // for it is when we fall we learn whether we can fly ) ( not here much )
VAALRAVN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 9

Postby Strudel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:16 pm

username; Strudel

{art}

By Me.

Hawkins relaxes with Huxley in the summer sun, telling the young boy stories of adventure and grandeur on the sea (which Huxley's guardian, Peyton, would not approve of.)

By Me.

Deimos is usually a huge ball of nerves and is completely unable to relax, but he seems to have no trouble relaxing with his feline friends. Luckily for him, this summer, there seems to be an overabundance of cats in the forest.

By Me.

Baz and Nixie let off steam and relax by building kites together and flying them.

{viscets used / credits}

Hawkins, Huxley, Deimos, Nixie, and Baz (all owned by me)

All art was made by me.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:27 pm

username; booklover789
{words}

Arwin stretched out lazily, yawning as he tried to shake the sleepiness out of his head. He creaked open his eyes and glanced around at the dimly-lit cave. The hole in the ceiling let in filtered light that speckled against the floating specks of dust and old dirt that dipped through the air. Once he'd stretched more thoroughly, he padded outside, glancing around at the hot day. His fur felt weighted down from the sheer heat in the oxygen-rich environment, the forest taking on a humid aspect in the rising temperatures. He went down to the small river, got a drink, and then started as he felt fur brush against his left leg.
He jumped a mile and spun around, baring his teeth.
Ayra giggled. "Silly goose! It's just me, Arwin."
He breathed a sigh of relief. "Y-Y-Y-You scared me, Ayra! Goodness, could you n-n-n-not s-s-s-sneak up on m-m-me like that?"
She laughed and brushed her tail against his throat. "C'mon, duncebucket. Let's go." She turned and darted back to her cave, directly attached to his by a thin tunnel of rock.
Arwin followed, a smirk on his face. He entered her cave and sighed in relief - it was much cooler in here than in his cave.
Ayra sat down and grabbed her earphones that played the nearest human radio station through them 24-7. They somehow connected to Wi-Fi, or something - Arwin didn't fully understand the technology. She smiled as she slid them on, as she adored music. "I love TheFatRat. They're awesome."
"Who?"
Ayra stared at him, mouth agape. "You've never heard of TheFatRat? Are you joking? You gotta listen to them. Here," she said, handing over an earbud to him.
He slid it into his ear and perked up instantly. "Good b-b-beat!"

As the days slid on, they became bored with listening to music every day. There were so many repeats on the station that soon, Ayra had memorized every last song on the only station that played 24-7 through her earbuds. Arwin wasn't musical, but realized that even he had started to pick up on chorus lines and verses of a choice few songs. The days were growing hotter as summer passed onward, and staying in the cave wasn't a logical option anymore...not if they wanted to stay cool.
One day, Ayra sighed. She threw her earphones off and watched as they soared through the air and landed in a pile of dirt in the corner of her cave, a plume of dust kicking up from the landing. She was frustrated. "Arwin, we're leaving!"
Arwin perked up, his nose buried in a book that he'd brought over from his cave. "What n-n-n-n-now?"
Ayra darted forward, grabbed his paw, and pulled him to a standing position. "Pack your stuff. We're moving out for the summer."

Arwin and Ayra weren't officially mates, but nearly every viscet in the area joked about them, saying that they were meant for each other. Arwin was too shy to say so, but he agreed with most of them. Ayra, on the other hand, couldn't stand to be held down or pinned in one spot, so she didn't really want to be weighted down with a mate. She liked Arwin an awful lot, but still wasn't willing to commit.
Thus, Arwin was rather surprised that she was being so brash with him. She was literally pushing him around his cave, ordering him to pack up and follow her at the drop of a hat. "But Ayra...w-w-w-why do I have to f-f-f-follow you? I don't m-m-m-mind staying here a l-l-little longer, y'know?"
She rolled her eyes and smacked him lightly on the back of his scalp. "Listen here, Arwin - I've had it with this heat! Aren't you hot all the time, all sweaty from the wretched weather?"
"W-W-W-Well, we d-d-do live in a rainforest."
Ayra practically snarled. "Yeah, and don't you think that's a really bad idea for someone like me who hates the heat?"
Arwin finished slamming his suitcase shut. "W-W-W-W-Well then..."
"What?" Ayra snapped, the heat making her more irritated than normal. "You got somethin' to say, you best be sayin' it."
"W-W-W-Why do you stay h-h-h-here? If you're m-m-m-miserable, w-w-w-why not move?"
She was silent. Her gaze darted down as she turned away. "You, of course."
Arwin started. "W-W-W-What?"
Ayra shook her head. "Forget it. You're packed - that's all that matters right now. Let's go." She grabbed his paw, and once again they were off.

That night, they arrived at the beach. Ayra was fully aware that Arwin hated water, but she didn't care - she figured he'd be happy to not be in the heat all the time. The cool air was intoxicating. As they set up the tents Ayra had packed, she actually seemed happy. She hugged Arwin goodnight before retreating to her tent, saying, "Thank you so much for coming with me. You're the best friend I could ever ask for."
He blushed. "Th-Thanks, Ayra."

Ayra had the largest smile on her face that Arwin had ever seen. They were both perched atop the largest rock the beach had, the sharp, craggy feeling beneath their paws invigorating. The rock was brownish-red, and hung over the beach, the ocean lapping at the shore hungrily as gulls cried overhead. The salty air filling their lungs, they were both happier than they had been in awhile. Finally, Ayra could forget about her dull life and demanding parents. Arwin didn't stress out much and was rather chill...he was honestly just happy to see Ayra enjoying herself.
And then Ayra had a wonderful, ingenious idea.
She grabbed Arwin's paw - hard. With a cry of glee, she leapt over the side of the rock, pulling him after her.
Arwin wasn't prepared for the sudden drop, and shrieked in horror as he was pulled over.
Ayra and Arwin tumbled down the rocky hill, landing in the sand a few moments later. Ayra shook the sand out of her crest, smiling as a few specks still clung to her black fur. With a flick of her red tail, she turned and looked for Arwin. She burst out laughing at the scene before her: two seagulls had landed on poor Arwin's back paws and were pecking at his fluffy pink and blue tail. No matter how hard he kicked them, they wouldn't budge off of them nor fly away. Arwin himself was lodged deeply into the sand, as he'd seemed to land in just the right soft spot. The sand came up to his waist - the entire upper part of his body wasn't even seen. Ayra could just hear an irritated muttering deep underneath the ground, barely discernible over the roar of the ocean.
With a leap of joy and a laugh to boot, she shooed the seagulls away and grasped onto Arwin's back legs. After what seemed an eternity to poor Arwin, Ayra yanked him free from the constraints of the sand.
He gasped for air and shook furiously. "G-G-G-Get this sand off of me!" His fur stuck out in different directions, puffed from his irritation. He was breathing heavily, and his eyes couldn't seem to focus.
Ayra had never seen Arwin so upset. "Are you okay?"
He didn't answer, and instead kept itching and scratching at his fur, trying to dislodge the grains of sand.
Ayra grabbed his face and forced him to look at her. "Arwin?"
His eyes finally focused. "Um....s-s-s-sure, Ayra. Y-Y-Y-You just s-s-surprised me."
"Sorry about that, buddy." She paused for a moment, casting a glance at the sea. "Y'know, if you really want to get clean...you'll have to get wet." Ayra gently led him to the ocean. "It's okay to be scared. Heck, you know how much I hate spiders, right?"
Arwin sniggered. "Never heard you s-s-s-scream so loud."
Ayra glanced down bashfully. "Yeah, I kinda have a problem with the little buggers. Anyways, I'll help you with your dislike of water. Heaven knows you've helped me with spiders before."
Arwin merely nodded and succumbed to his fate, placing one paw after the other, making pawprints in the wet sand as they neared the roaring tide. He gulped nervously as he stuck one paw into the washing current. He flinched as a wave rolled up and reached his ankles.
Ayra gently pushed him forward.
And so the pattern continued, until Arwin was clean.
They then turned and went back to their tents, exhausted from the day.
Ayra smiled as she walked beside him, resting her tail on Arwin's shoulders. "I'm proud of you for conquering your fear today, buddy."
He smiled back at her. "Thanks for helping me. It was great."
"Yeah, and we even got to relax, too."
He nodded. "The salty air is great."
Ayra could think of no better thing to say but, "Agreed."
They were silent until they reached their tents. They then thought of silly things to talk and laugh about until the stars came out, and they both fell asleep, tails sticking out of their tents, entwined.

1500 words

{viscets used / credits:
Arwin
Ayra Arcelia Kondesu}
booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonCave » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:59 am

username; DragonCave
{words or art}
Just Your Company is Good
    A multicolored pelt flashed around a corner. Oscar whipped around to try spraying it with the water gun he was currently armed with. Bellatrix, the owner of the aforementioned pelt, called out to him. "You'll never catch me alive!" the girl hollered as she ran into her yard, presumably to refill her water gun's tank. How nice of you to give me this opportunity. Oscar couldn't help smugly thinking this to himself as he crept through the bushes that divided his yard from hers. However, when Oscar rounded the corner there was nobody to be seen, which was concerning to say the least. If she wasn't at the pool refilling, she was somewhere else either ready to strike or scheming. Whether it was a good or bad thing, Oscar didn't have to wonder for long, as he was smacked in the back of the head by a well-aimed water balloon. "Hey! You little rat, I'm soaked because of you!" Oscar snapped at Bella, who was audibly laughing from behind the shed. Bella yelled back at him, "That's the game, numbskull! You were the one stupid enough to fall for it!"
    "I suppose you me there, but now I have you trapped behind your own shed, with an empty water gun and no way to fill it without getting sprayed."
    "What you you do if I said I had a secret weapon, Oscar?"
    "I'd call you out on being a liar, Bella."
    "I think... that you might be right about that. I'll admit you win this time."
    Bella cautiously poked her head out from behind the shed, making sure that her partner in crime wouldn't try to get one last shot in. Satisfied that he was done with the games, she walked over to him. "What now?"
    "I'm not sure. I think my speaker is charged, so we can listen to music. Or we can just make dinner and relax."
    Just as Oscar finished the last word there was a distant rumble in the sky, and the first pitter-patters of rain could be heard falling from the sky. The two quickly made for Bella's back door and ran into the house. Bella was the next to speak, "How about a movie?"
    "Fine by me. I'll make cocoa if you want!" Oscar mumbled over his shoulder as he fixed his mane in the reflection of the microwave. Once the cocoa was made, Oscar carefully carried the two mugs over to the couch before sitting down and handing one to Bella. Of course, hot drinks always seemed to serve as a sleep potion to Bella, and she was soon sprawled out over the couch and Oscar himself, much to Oscar's discontent. By the end, Oscar and Bella had both fallen asleep, the utter picture of bliss and relaxation; even if their postures were dreadful.

(471 words; Bellatrix and Oscar- both mine)
Posting this now since there's a good chance I won't be able to do 1000+ words this time.
Last edited by DragonCave on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yugi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:53 am

username; Yugi
Krystal often travels to the nearby mountains during the summer in an attempt to see a shooting star pass by.

Priscilla finds refuge from the hot sun in various forests, only awaking during the night to pick edible berries and gaze at flowers.

Tancho relaxes in his own hand made onsen, closing his eyes as he listens to the soothing chirping of flying birds.

{1. Krystal | 2. Priscilla | 3. Tancho / All viscets featured above belong to me}
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
xxx
x

Yugi | She/They | Biracial Asian
Digital Artist x 3D Hobbyist x Live2D Animator
xxx
Image Image
ImageImage
xxx
World's shortest cyberpunk 🤘

Daylight's not for me 。。。
That's why I'm nocturnal

ImageImage
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:56 pm

☼ Prompt 3 - Relaxation Destination ☼
username; humerussin

Click to View

Alani, when she's not looking after the villagers, often relaxes with meditation on a comfortable hill. Meditating eases her mind off of the stress of looking after so many viscets, and she loves it.

Click to View

Cinder's favorite past time is watching the sunset, followed by the stars that fade into existence afterwards. She finds the transition quite calming.

Click to View

Before he left his domestic household, Benji loved falling asleep on the couch while the humans would watch that weird glowing box he never quite understood.

{viscets used / credits} wrote:Alani belongs to me. | Cinder belongs to me. | Benji belongs to me.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:46 pm

Username;
Steampunkvale
{art}
{Valentine,Seymour,Jack all owned my me}

(art here)
Valentine likes to be alone in his castle with no one to bother him.

(art here)
Jack likes to party all night long he tends to think this is relaxing for some reason.

(art here)
Seymour likes to relax at the train station and have nice glass of orange juice
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macyduke » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:17 am

Username; Macyduke

Break in and vacation

(Story takes place awhile before Ren and Heli became mates)

Berk closed his eyes, taking in the serenity through his other senses. He turned his head slightly towards one of his shoulders, tucking his arms behind his mane. His nose wrinkled slightly at the sound of the blowup chair made as he made himself more comfortable. Next to him yet slightly lower, another inflatable chair that'd been duck taped to the chair he'd sprawled across, so that there was enough room for his feet and tail. He let out a sigh that was as loud as it was deep. "Its good to be rich." The words escaped him as he exhaled.

His thoughts drifted to the night before, when he blasted the radio and poorly sang into a spare tooth brush he was surprised to have found. As nice as it was to float above the clear blue water, he couldn't help but think of the king sized bed in the master bedroom and how comfortable it was. If it wasn't for the conscience his son had grown rather quickly while dating Heli, he may have invited him along. He supposed it didn't matter to much, he'd grown used to being on his own again since Ren moved out. Although he was happy that he'd turned out pretty normal, had a job he loved, and was dating a cet he predicted his son would become mates with, but the green cet also missed spending the majority of his days with him.
Berk knew that he could never replace the bond he shared with his son with someone else, but maybe it was time he got back in the game, find his perfect match and have a couple more kids. Someone to break into rich people's vacation homes with, watch tv in bed while eating all the goods they could find in the cupboards with, and enjoy the finer things in life that were for the most part unavailable to them ordinary. Heck if dating didn't turn out he could just adopt. Ren could help him out with that- or better yet he could just kidnap any future grandkids Heli and Ren might have every so often. Yes he'd defiantly have to do that when there were grandbabies to kidnap. In the mean time though, he was content with floating in the large pool of an absent rich man, who's security system had been temporarily disabled.

Berk belongs to me|| Heliconia and Ren belong to ABeardedDragon
"There are two stars in the sky, and they're both planes."

Really though, just *Incoherent screaming*
Macyduke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:01 am

username; G1 Sunstreaker

Hammock plus sunglasses plus sunset equals happy Piper.

{Piper "Starburst" Nebulon | Art by G1 Sunstreaker}
{Note: I tried something a little different for this piece, attempted to follow a theme. The angular lines are deliberate.}
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gallifrey » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:24 am

username; Gallifrey
{words or art}

"If I have to hear one more viscet tell me how to do my job, I'm going to have a fit!" shouted a young, gray viscet as she threw down her hat onto the kitchen table. It was the fifth time this had happened just this week and she was getting more than fed up. She might be younger but that didn't mean she couldn't do her job correctly. After all, she didn't go to school all those years just for fun. Why couldn't the other viscets just respect that she knew what she was doing? Or at the very least, understand that her team could help with the things she didn't know. Not her clients.

The outburst quixkly drew several other viswcets into the kitchen, two in particular setting their tails on her shoulder sympathetically. "Harper relax, you know they just want answers. I understand it's frustrating but in matters of the dead, people tend to loose all reason and composure. I should know." said another gray viscet, nuzzling Harper's fur in comfort. Harper was a murder investigator and although she was considered one of the best, she often got judged for being young and female. It wasn't fair but it still happened. And when it did, she got hit pretty hard emotionally.

As Harper tried to calm herself down, her sister Michi picked up a phone and quickly punched in a few numbers. "Hey Sinclair, listen up you pain in the tail. Harper needs to call in a favor and I know you and that sea witch are in the area anyway. Care to help us out?" she said in a pretend sweet voice. Before the being on the other side could reply though, Harper groaned. "Michi nooo. The last thing I need is that idiot making things worse. You remember what he did during our summer vacation? And that time he got snatched by humans? Or how about when he accidentally dyed grandpa Kirin's fur red for a week? Please keep him out of this."

Michi didn't listen though and the group soon found themselves pack into a car and headed for the beach. Harper sulking in the passenger seat. "Harp it fine. Sin not that bad." her father tried to say in his broken speech, hoping to comfort his daughter a little. Kasper had been almost entirely mute as a child and severe speech issues as an adult. He had trouble forming sentences and many times simply opted to use sign language rather than words. The fact that he was talking now snapped Harper out of her thoughts rather quickly. She appreciated her father's gesture and decided she'd try to have a better attitude. He was right after all, Sin did have his good moments.

It didn't take long to arrive at the beach and hustle the group out of the car. Michi heading for the ocean almost right away. To Harper's great surprise though, where normally would be water was an impressive ship. It was an old style sloop with colorful sails and a flag that had a strange symbol on it. The sight was mesmerizing and she barely noticed when Michi spoke. "Here you go Harp, a gift from Sin. He said we can borrow this ship for the next week to take you on a relaxing voyage. It's small enough that the seven of us can sail it ourselves and Sin's "friend" has agreed to guide us back if we get lost. It'll be fun Harper, I promise! Sin even agreed to make you the honorary Captain during this trip."

Upon harper's agreement, the group soon set sail, each taking a symbolic role on the ship and even changing their clothes into stuff that looked fitting to the era of the ship. It was great fun and even Sin was behaving. He'd declared himself the stowaway and dared the others to try and find him somewhere on the ship. Levi swimming somewhere nearby incase they threw him off. Normally they'd worry about taking that wort of risk, but Levi wouldn't let anything happen to him. They might not like her, but she was a good friend to Sin when he needed her. As it was, she was even going to help them get back home when the time came, so it wouldn't do to treat her too harshly. She was rather rude though.

The group played for hours on the ship as they sailed towards a special island Sin had chosen for them. It was fairly large and uninhabited, a place where Levi and he often rested between journeys. Sin had build a cabin on it made from palm trees and driftwood he'd found on the beach and Levi had built a fishing system in the shallow end of the ocean. They'd even checked beforehand to make sure everything was still functioning properly. It was and the fishing system had apparently been very successful. They'd be eating well there if the fishing stayed good.

By the time the group arrived at the island, everyone was getting tired and were ready to turn in. Nobody had managed to find Sin and throw him overboard so they decided he could stay too. His hiding job had earned it. Harper was the first one off the ship as she took in the island. it was a very peaceful place, lots of palm trees and while not huge, large enough to be comfortable. The seagull's cries and the wind rustling through the palm fronds made the overall atmosphere one of tranquility. Already she felt relaxed and contented, more so even then she'd been on the ship. Although that had been nice too and she'd knew that she'd enjoy the journey back home. Michi had been right about everything.

The next several days were spent exploring and relaxing on the island. The group gave each-other massages, Nico and Sin were brave enough to try fire dancing, which they sucked at and resulted in singed fur and lots of laughs, and Levi made special shell necklaces for everyone. They weren't quite sure when she'd shown up, but so far she was being civil and almost kind to the group. She still didn't get along with them but it was no longer a huge chore to simply be in her presence. Sin must have had a long chat with her one night of something because Levi even came together with the group to watch the sunsets and discuss the stars before turning in for the night. It was, surprisingly nice.

When it came time for them to finally leave the island, everyone was excited for another ship adventure, but also somewhat depressed about having to go. They'd had an amazing time and this life was more peaceful than they had ever imagined. Harper finally understood why Sin had left his family pack to travel the sea as a trader, it offered an adventure and peace one couldn't find many other ways. Sure storms at sea could be terrifying and dangerous but with Levi as a guide, that wasn't something they had to worry about. She'd made sure her dolphin scouts would send early warning of any approaching bad weather. And she knew all the best place to wait it out too.

The last night on the ship was a mix of chaotic and great fun. They'd decided to treat it like a party at sea, cooking up fish and making party games out of stuff found on-board and in the ocean. Levi even loaned them some coins she found at the bottom of the sea. The games ranged from fun, to somewhat embarrassing to slightly dangerous, Levi acting as mediator and rescuer to keep anyone from getting seriously hurt. Which was good because all of them managed to fall overboard at least once during that party and Sin managed it an impressive total of four times. Although that wasn't out of the ordinary for him according to Levi. For someone who spend so much of their life at sea, he sure was bad at actually staying on the boat.

Docking back at the beach was bittersweet and Sin made sure to promise that he'd arrange from them to do it again sometime. The ship belonged to Levi and he was sure that he'd be able to convince her to loan it to him again. They said their goodbyes and waved as Levi's ship vanished over the horizon with her and Sin. It was time for them to head home now as well. That vacation had been amazing but she was eager to return to work. The group she had covering for her wasn't as skilled and she wanted to make sure they hadn't screwed anything up while she'd been gone. But as they walked away, Harper felt a strange pull inside her, like she was going off the wrong way. She'd never been drawn to the sea before, but now she knew that no matter what, she'd go back someday.

(1500/1500 Words)

Gallifrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me