Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread--CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread

Postby CCrow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:56 am

Username: CCrow
Your lion: Menahem
Story:
My world is red. All I see is change waiting to happen, a greater war about to unleash. In my day to day life, lions look to me with their weary eyes. My fellow comrades, trained to kill, long for this bloodshed to end. And yet I have no good news to bear: when this war ends, another will come. I see my fellow pride members struggling. I see the young now cast into the unknown, the pride's ways no longer fit for the new generation. My generation. Every day I wake to the same blood-stained sky. The moon hangs over us like an omen, calling for war. When Arknon is defeated, the moon will remain in its place, for this turmoil I feel will not dissipate.

Today I gather my friends and foe together. We have all been wronged, by the Alpha and by the pride. It is time for us to change our ways, for we as individuals are changed.

I am sure that some suspect me of the chaos in which I wait to begin. I go about my life as unobtrusive as I may. I bide my time on the battlefield, tearing apart my enemies with ice and archaic bane. The thought constantly nags at me, that my claws may pass through the innocent. How many of these lions that I've killed want nothing but change in the pride? Yet I continue, unable to stop and yet torturing myself in this cruelty. Some days I ponder whether I'm going crazy. As the years go by, the fighting gets easier. I only hope that I can save more lives than those which I take from Arknon's forces. Not all who serve him are as wicked as he. No, not wicked at all I could argue for some....

There lions within the pride as crazy as I. I've spent many hours a day watching and evaluating. It is not difficult to find those who are waiting for change, waiting for a new revolution to start. The time isn't right though, so now I bide my time emboldening and strengthening the resolve of those in wait. When I'm not on the battlefield, I'm amongst the pride. I love my pride members, each and every one of them. They're always so willing to talk and share their feelings, though I know that not all will side with me when the time comes. I prefer to talk to the merchants. They're a silly bunch, some cranky too. I remember when I was a cub I would be ridiculed for the bones on my back, but now the merchants praise me behind my back. They say I'm handsome, that I'm such an honest and hardworking warrior. Maybe I spend too much time around them. I think my head has grown too large and full of gossip.

I've grown popular amongst those my age. I don't feel like have many real friends, but that's for the better. They already take up much of my time hanging out and playing games. Sometimes I feel like a cub again, mock fighting and getting into pointless arguments. I don't flirt as much as I used to though. I don't need the attention of others to make me feel better about myself anymore. From time to time a lion or a lioness will trifle with me, though I feel like maybe I'm meant to walk this planet alone. I don't want to... My sister used to always tell me I'd be a player. What a horrible thing to say! I don't see her anymore, nor Az either. My mother and father have withdrawn, but unlike my siblings at least they're still in the pride. Yet sometimes I feel like they might as well live on another planet. We don't talk much. Not on good terms at least...

-Is that enough for you? I had only meant to tell you about my life, though I guess I've started to ramble. Forget that last bit. Are you joining me or not?

Ownerprompt

Sig under construction <3
Find me on DA!
CCrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nanorat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:12 am

Username: Nanorat
Your lion: Jothra
Story:
Jothra wrote:Hmm, my typical day? Let's see... I wake up in my underground den and first and foremost check the surroundings for any dangers. Once I make sure the coast is clear, I move out through my underground tunnels to have my breakfast. Usually I have some food stashed but if Ive run out, I then devote some time to hunting. A mercenary with a rumbling stomach wont look very appealing to their perspective client. After eating I proceed to check several secluded spots Ive arranged for meeting about job inquiries. If somebody is waiting for me there, we discuss details of the upcoming contract - what kind of information they need, if I have any to offer or where can I get it. If a contract is agreed on, typical day is over and a real day - an always different and unpredictable day - starts. If we dont agree on the price or nobody made contact with me that day, I then have some time to devote to my precious self. I return to my den and sort through my hoard of shiny things, re-arranging them to go just where this particular gem is meant to lie, sorting newest gems in correct order, and simply enjoying pawing and moving them around. Picking a few most fitting exemplars to refine, I polish and facet them to look what I want them to be untill retiring for another night of sleep.

Ownerprompt
♥ hopelessly addicted to adoptables ♥
♥ My Adopted Babies (General Topic) ♥
On Lioden Im (#29080) Mad Hyena
Nanorat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:28 am

Username: NARANDA
Your lion: Ibzan
Story:
My typical days normally consist of me waking up, lazying around as I watch Sister work, and maybe go out for a bit to see about finding any ladies to flirt with. That is the short and simple version, but I am guessing you want more details, don't know why, but I have nothing better to do then share my days with you.
I wake up late in the morning usually, Sister is always awake before I am and preparing lunch by the time I get up. Sometimes the meat is fresh, but normally it comes from our frozen stash we keep in the back of the cave. We eat and Sister checks our supplies while I go outside and find a place to relax and warm up. The cave is always covered in ice and quite cold once you leave the nest, so I like warming up after I wake up. When I get bored I tend to wander further away, normally closer to the pride or rebel territories in hopes of a lady being around. I flirt and I win over their hearts, I am pretty good at that I would say, but I also can't stand when they get clingy. Flings are my things, not commitment, though I have to break some hearts to get them to understand this. After a little fun flirting or after wandering for a while with no luck in finding a lady to flirt with, I return home, relax a little more outside the den and then head in when night comes and curl up in my nest.
Sometimes I have to help hunt or gather supplies for Sister which sets me off of my typical day, but when I am not doing some chores that I what I am normally doing with my time. So ladies, if you ever feel like flirting or being flirted with then feel free to tell me where you'll be at that time and I will be more then happy to meet with you.

Ownerprompt
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

April winners

Postby Red weasel » Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm

~April~
Keen - 30
Stone - 30
Starry - 30
Mechanic Drone - 30
Red Weasel - 30
Demontheif - 30
Alairc - 30
Rohan - 30
Squirrel - 30
CCrow - 30
Nanorat - 30
Naranda - 30

~April~
Cutieduckpie - 30

Prompts are up!
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Wed May 02, 2018 11:14 am

All work and no play makes a lion...well...bored! What does your lion do for fun?

Username: Keen
Your lion: Korah
Story:
As a cub, Korah's favorite pastime is wrestling with his brother, Odon. He likes that he does not have to hold himself back with him, and can be as rough as he likes. If either one of them are injured, Korah simply heals them and they are good as new. He cannot play like this with his sisters, as they do not have his brother's inability to feel pain. He has gotten in trouble with his parents many times in the past for being too rough with his sisters.
As he grows older, he develops a relationship with his sister Seina, who seems to have an aversion to Odon. Korah feels slighted by his parents in favor of Odon due to his genetic abnormality, so he appreciates his sister's attention. Rather than wrestling though, they usually find other ways to entertain themselves, with Korah prodding her to join him for a walk or some game. They do wrestle sometimes though, as Seina tends to get annoyed with him for trying to limit what she is "allowed" to do, as she puts it.
Going exploring in the pride lands (and the unknown lands once or twice when he could get away with it) has always been entertaining for him, no matter who he goes out with.

Ownerprompt
Last edited by Keen on Mon May 07, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am

Username: Mechanic Drone
Your lion: Ididore
Story:
What do I do for fun? Well when you have been alive for more than 8,000 years nothing is fun to do anymore. Can't tell you how boring it all is, the only "fun" place left is the Oasis and its beautiful scenery... Not just saying that since since I'm an Oasis architect who has helped shape the city to what it is today or anything... But the only real interesting things that happen to me are when I am on the job selling wares outside the Oasis. Boy do you see a lot of weird lions. If you ask me, it is caffer crap I have to deal with some of them. Bunch of brutes, most of them are dumb, all that truly brings me joy and entertainment now a day is messing with them. Ha ha ha boy do some of them get so upset and salty, but truth hurts I suppose. On a good day I can successfully upset around fifteen lions, though if I could, I would happily make more butt hurt. Aside from days like that though all I really have to do that is entertaining is sculpting stones into whatever I want, years of practice means I can turn them into just about anything. Now where was I... Oh yeah what would you like to buy?
((222))

Ownerprompt
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nanorat » Sun May 20, 2018 12:51 am

Username: Nanorat
Your lion: Oraen
Story: Wait, dont ask that!! Stop!! Dont... aggh, too late, he heard you. Prepare for a boring hour-long lecture on Lochren flora, because botanics are Oraen's favorite thing to do in his free time, and he enjoys talking about it almost as much as he enjoys the actual gardening. He is usually quiet and wont speak up first but my goodness if you are reckless enough to ASK… If joining Ori for his past-time activity, get ready to be covered in mud up to your ears, because you two are going to dig in his vast garden deep and thorough. He will exlain you every little bit there is to know about how keeping in the dark affects plant seeds germination, what’s the difference between a stem and a stalk, how florescense times have changed in the past few years in this or that area and theoretise which elements could have affected the plants in that way when used in close proximity. Don’t bother trying to make yourself look interested, chances are Oraen won’t even see if you’re paying attention or not – he will be so caught up in his botanic ramblings that he’ll hardly notice it if you slip away quietly. Which I think we should do about now while he’s standing tail towards us, busy describing the unique strobilus of that weed-a-thingy over there.

Ownerprompt
♥ hopelessly addicted to adoptables ♥
♥ My Adopted Babies (General Topic) ♥
On Lioden Im (#29080) Mad Hyena
Nanorat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CCrow » Wed May 30, 2018 11:25 am

Username: CCrow
Your lion: Seda (bottom right)
Story: You're asking me what I do for fun? I don't generally like to give out my schedule to strangers, but since you asked so politely... I'll indulge you *wink*. On a typical day, I like to hang out around the merchant shops. I like the lions and lionesses there. They're a real funny group. You should try listening to them sometime, they can really make you blush with the things they say. I bet I could recite to you all of the rumors going around the Pride and the Oasis alike. Say, I've definitely heard something about you too- but what would be the fun in telling you? Anyways, my brother and his gang usually come into the markets around noon time. Sometimes I'll go and see what they're up to. My brother doesn't like me hanging around them though- says they aren't the kind for me. I know he and his friends are up to no good, but I like trouble. Oh well, I suppose I have better things to do with my life, like... like... like flirting... that's what cubs like me do, hmm? Flirt and tease all of the other cubs... Yea I do do that... but can I let you in on a secret? Sometimes I stay after lessons to lear- oh Korah! I didn't see you there. Be a dove and give me a second- Ah pardon me sir, but please excuse me. My friend is waiting for me. Let's talk later, hm? (248 words)

Ownerprompt

Sig under construction <3
Find me on DA!
CCrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

May winners