Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread--CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread

Postby broken* » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:26 am

Username: broken*
Your lion: Shaylee (featuring my Jezebel, and dragon's Meloi & Alesia)
Story: 636 words
"My typical day? Well, I mean, I would like to say that none of my days are necessarily typical, for that implies they are repetitive, ordinary, and boring; none of which are things I would identify with feeling on a daily basis. I would like to say that my days are different, every single one of them, so instead of telling you what my typical day is like, I'll tell you about what I did yesterday, if that's quite alright? Hmm.. - Yes? Wonderful.

Alright, let me see. Well my morning started off similarly to any other; I awoke laying next to my mate Crusade, and spent a good several minutes just curling up next to his large frame, reveling in his warmth and the comfort of his body. Soon, I got up as quietly as I could, licking him tenderly on the forehead as a farewell before I left our cave. The first thing I did was seek out my daughter Jezebel; she's a secondary leader of the pride (can't you tell how proud I am! MY Daughter, a Secondary Leader!), and so she gets up quite early every day. I found her just sitting by the Lake of Eternity, staring into its depths, clearly deep in thought as she often was. I sat beside her, my tail wrapping around her body (well, as best as it could, as she's quite a bit larger than me), and we began to converse with one another. I asked her about her plans for the day, her stresses, that sort of thing.

Eventually, we would get up and part ways; her going off to the other secondary leaders, and me heading off to my cubs. Well, not my cubs; they are not by blood related to me. But i am a cub trainer/educator, and so I spend the majority of my days out in the fields training my cubs. It breaks my heart to see the way that some of the youngest members of our pride can be hurting so deeply; young Meloi lost his mother recently in a rebel attack. And yet he is pushing harder every day to become a warrior to make her proud, and so I focus intently on helping him, more than many others it would appear to outsiders. Some days I take a break with my cubs around the midday, but yesterday we worked straight through.

When it was finally time to separate, I walked them each to their caves before going to visit my adopted daughter Alesia. I wandered the Home mountain for a while before going down to the Lake of Eternity once more, but I did not find her there. As I began to walk through the pride lands, I saw her orange, cream, and blue form laying underneath a massive Umoya tree. I simply lay down beside her, placing my head over her neck. For what felt like an eternity, the two of us simply lie there, unspeaking. My tongue groomed my daughter all that time, cleaning her as a way to calm her and bring us closer as I always did.

In time, I pulled myself to my paws, nipping lightly at Alesia's neck, causing her to rise as well. I began to speak to her about, well, my day actually, as we walked through the grass, back to the home mountain. I was able to convince her to return to her cubhood sleeping place with me, and so for last night at least, Alesia lay curled up against me once again in my cave, just like when she was a young cub and I had first found her. I entered her dreams and remained there all night, trying to allow my baby girl to get some deep sleep for once.

So yes. That was my day."

Ownerprompt
Last edited by broken* on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:43 am

Username: Stonefly / Red Hood
Your lion: Damara
Story:

"You want to know about my everyday looks like? well recently a lot of things have changed within my routine, Aithea and Farren left for a while and three little new cubs entered my life. Now I am in charge of caring for our cubs, Reve, Shamz, and Alin.
They are a lot of work to keep up with, each of the cubs are full of personality and are so different for one another. So my day beings with waking and getting the cubs ready for the day, rounding up all three takes up a good chunk of my morning before I am ready to go and do things for the day. The only thing I am not a big fan of with my morning routine is feeding these little monsters, I thought Farren was hard but these three always just want to eat..I'm telling you its never ending.
Normally through the day I did what I can to keep them entertained, sometime pawning them off with Aithea or Farren so I can have some time along in peace and quite. I love them but my quiet time is always my time to relax.
Each day if different with these three, you never know what they might be in the mood for or what they might not want to do. So really I dont have a typical every day routine, but I am not complaining it keeps things fresh and entertaining. When it comes to their bed times its always a joy to round them up again and get them ready for bed. My favourite thing is being able to tell them stories or re tell them old dreams some of them had. Story time is always the best time of the day. Some nights Ill take the time to cuddle with and Aithea and enjoy everything about my family"

(310 words)

Ownerprompt
Last edited by Stonefly on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Username: Starry--Knight
Your lion: Ruelle
Story:
“I don’t have time to be blabbering on about what needs to be done around here - “ I screamed to my group of rogues who just seemed to stare at me like they didn’t understand what I needed from them.

It was the same old routine for the most part anyhow - their confusion a baffling irritant to me. We spend the mornings in our maze of tunnels and caverns, out of sight and mind to the sleeping world up above. Together we gather what is necessary for the days journey: Extra food and armor. Once we have what we need I lead the group out, off to hunt or track down some no good rebels. Life like this though is not an easy one - it’s exhausting and tedious. Each meal is like a feast when we manage to catch something and every moment that passes we all feel the pangs of hunger and the encroaching exhaustion that follows. They all look at me like they are done fighting, that the work we do just isn’t worth the price they pay. But once we get out of our hovels we call home the carnage and the destruction that is left of their homes is enough to spark the fires in them again and remind them of why we are here.

“Hurry up, let’s move!” I called once more, my blue eye gleaming as I peered over the faces in the crowd. They surely were not seasoned fighters like the pride or the rebels - but in every way they were a stronger force to be reckoned with. The rebels took their homes, their families and their children - now hell bent on peace and revenge these Nomads have become the extra fighting force the planet needed to find its peace.

(302 words)
Ownerprompt

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Username: Mechanic Drone
Your lion: Zuri
Story:
What do I do each day? Well I'm glad you asked! Personally I like to try and sleep for as long as I can before my mom,Tris, or dad, Minnow, wake me up. Shortly after I get up I tend to stretch for a long time, you know have to make sure I'm ready to wow the world each day and don't pull anything. After that a lot of the time I will join my siblings for a training session which is usually taught by my mom or my dad, though when dad gets grumpy I prefer mom takes over for the training. I would lie if I said I didn't steal the eyes of the other cubs with my incredible skills though I am sure many of them are exceedingly jealous being as it is hard to look away from my while I preform. I do tend to get yelled at from time to time though for not paying attention though I am already so good I don't really see the point in listening to all the gibberish. After training is done for the day I tend to continue to work on my fire skills making cool and new shapes and trying my best to come up with new and unique ways to woo audiences. I am thinking of becoming a performer after all, though perhaps my fire would be better used at something else... Either way I have time to choose! Sorry for the little rant back to business, after the stars have shifted for awhile I will make sure to spend time with my family being as I love them all dearly and couldn't imagine life without them. After that is it usually late and time for bed again just to wake up the next morning and do it all over again! I do try to change things up but that is an average day for me!
((321 words))

Ownerprompt
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Username:Red weasel
Your lion: Laverinia
Story:

"Typical day? Sometimes I wish there were such a thing and - hey, I heard that so stop. Sorry. Telepathy can be a chore when you're not trying to listen in on others thought. Anyways, as a member of the council, I have a lot of responsibilities. 1st and foremost I preside over one thousand years over history, keeping it alive, and of course, keeping record in case it's needed. Of course, in the pride terms, the council is the alpha of the Oasis, we are the final say over all laws, issues, and make sure the everything is the Oasis is running smoothly. With the prides, an eyes arrival work has really doubled. Afterall, by sending out people out to the pride, we have opened ourselves up to a new realm of decisions we never had to think about."

"As for me personally, I see it as my duty to keep my eyes directly on our people, and now, those who enter the Oasis. I consider myself an observer because of my element. I can obtain information that most of the council cannot. Now, this doesn't mean I try to just spy on whoever I want, I do have manners after all. This also allows me to silently talk to the commands id I need to. I will do almost anything for the Oasis, this is my home, my family. As of late, I dedicate a lot of my to keeping my eyes on the outsiders. While I do agree with our choice in aiding the pride, but that does not mean I have to trust every soul that walks into my land. It's my job to look after my home after all.

Ownerprompt
Last edited by Red weasel on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby demonthief. » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Username: demonthief.
    Your lion: Corvus
    Story:
    "Oh. I'm curious to your intention with such information but I'm told it's polite to answer such questions, so here we go."
    "While I have changed my lifestyle quite drastically, my daily routine hasn't changed from when I was settled in the Pride. My yearning for knowledge makes my job as a Wanderer anything but a chore. I usually spend a week or more travelling over the land, obtaining as much information I can to relay it to the Council on my return. Those days are hard and challenging endeavours as one needs to relay on their own strengths to survive in an harsh environment but it is rewarding to advance my knowledge and to share that with my new dwelling. However I try to minimise such long trips as my mate gets rather stressed in my absence, especially for long periods of time. When I'm not travelling, I'm spending time with other Wanderers, exchanging information and organising who will take what routes so there isn't too much overlap to maximise productivity. I also tend to spend time talking to the council, raising any concerns or questions that I or they may have. After the light of the sky darkness, I travel back to my den where my soft, grey mate Solana waits and we converse for a little before sleeping."
    "Now that I have answered your question to the best of my ability, I bid you good-day,"
    (238 words)

Ownerprompt
demonthief.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eriecht » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Username: Alaric Glöckner
Your lion: Tomahawk
Story:
I bet living in the Pride with your fancy luxuries is great! I never wanted my life handed to me, but I never held it against anyone who chose that life. It just isn't for me! I'd rather hunt my own meals and sleep surrounded by danger. To put it simply, that's what most of my life consists of, when Daenerys isn't around. These days she's been in the Oasis, so here's so it goes:
I wake up, usually crammed in a tiny makeshift den. I have to seek out shelter for the nights because I never know what could be out there. I don't want to run into any patrols from the Rebellion or the Pride, and don't like the idea of being eaten by something bigger than me. I think of safety before I rest, so that I could wake up in the morning.
I immediately prepare for a hunt. If the night was peaceful, then wildlife potentially roams, unaware of my existence. Sometimes I don't catch something until dusk, but the savory flesh of any prey is worth it in the end.
When Daenerys visits, my day is much less dull. Even if I failed to catch any food, the hunger pangs vanish when I look into those eyes of hers. It's like she takes me to some surreal reality whenever she's at my side. I walk along with her proudly until we reach whatever our destination may be. Sometimes we play games, like chase or wrestling. She's a lot stronger than she looks, I always realize after it's too late. Other times we just get lost in conversation.
These days, I wonder why she isn't home from the Oasis yet... I hope she isn't bored of me!

Ownerprompt
Eriecht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rohan. » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Username: Rohan.
Your lion: Kadima
Story:
"A typical day?? What! People have days that are the same?? A l l the time? Well thats boring. Oh cosmos, if I gotta, fine! My days are never the same, but I can describe yesterday!!

So, It always starts with seeing mom and dad. Well sorta.. Its not /Actually/ them, but mom can always find us in our dreams and so its like theyre never really away. They always ask about our teachers and all the boring stuff that the oasis is teaching us, mom always warns that we must stay within their grounds, but I dont see what shes so worried about. I miss them sometimes, but I dont think they do- I mean.. why send us away then?
But anyways! It /really/ started with waking up at Korr's extra den in the battle grounds. He caught me the day before playing with some of the dumbies and fake armor, and really put me to work. He's so cool! He showed me how to do some cool dodges and how to use my telekinesis to push an enemy away from me! But then he made me clean the armors and I fell asleep in one of the helmets. He must have moved me....
BUT After that I went out in search for my sister! She was worried, so was our guardian. I dont mean to scare them so often, but I dont like being so stuck!! After I found her, we wandered around the merchant stands, I love to see all the cool things they can make- especially the blessed items! The bards are so talented!
After that, I usually can ditch our guard or guardians, and sometimes Eratrea comes along, other times I go by myself. But I like to go to the gates and talk to the gate keepers or the returning wanderers! They usually have the best stories! Sometimes they even bring me fresh Armani or jewels. I always know when theyre about to arrive- Even before the gate keepers hear the signal! I can hear their pulses as they approach, and if I listen really hard, I can tell if theyre hurt or not.
There was once I got so scared being there because the wanderer incoming was hurt, the gate keeper had me hide in a hole they made while the opened the gates to let the wanderer in, the whole time everyones hearts were beating so quick it was almost deafening. But I was able to help them! Once the threats were taken care of and the gates closed again- the keepers had me heal the wanderer! Then we took them to a true healer and.. Oh. Uhhh.. I dont think I was supposed to tell that story! Ooops! Please dont tell my guardian!!
--The wild kadima escaped!--""

Ownerprompt
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squirrelspirit » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Username: Squirrelspirit
Your lion: Damon

Story: After greeting my family, I usually start my day by heading out with the early hunting party. I find that hunting as the first thing I do helps to fully wake me up and prepare me for the day. And it’s a good way for me to get an early shift stretch in. I’m a little on the plump size so I like to stay limber and light on my paws; hunting helps with that. I know I could just use my element to take down prey faster, but there is no fun in that. I’d much rather rely mainly on his claws and fangs and save using my element as a last resort. Oh! My element is death. And because of my element is death I see a lot of spirits as I go about my day. I like talking to them. It’s why after hunting I go to the Lake. Sitting there talking to the spirits is my favorite past time. There is so much to learn and so many cool stories from lions who lived before the war! I think aside from the older lions who visit the lake for wisdom, I think I’m the only one who visits just to talk.

Even though there are so many spirits in the lake, I bet it gets lonely there. I mean they can’t really go any where. Well, aside from the ones who didn’t make it to the Lake. They wander around and I try to lead them to the Lake but they always seem so confused and lost. They never follow me for long. But the Lake Spirits? I like to think they look forward to my daily visits. I always tell the spirits about my day, my family, the war or something interesting that happened. I can spend the whole sky shift there. It never gets boring as sometimes a spirit I’ve never spoken to before may come over to talk. Oh! I forgot to mention that sometimes a spirit or two will give me pointers on my element and teach me a new trick or two. I learned must about my element from my mom, but the spirits tell me things that even my mom doesn’t know about our element. It’s pretty cool. Oh, I’ve rambled on haven’t I? You probably have other lions to talk to. I’ll let you go now. Thanks for sticking around so long to chat!

Ownerprompt

405 words
ImageImage Image Image Image

Squirrelspirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cutieduckpie » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:20 am

Username: Cutieduckpie
    Entry:

I have to admit that tracker's ears have always fascinated me, I just can't help but seeing a real lion with bat ears ! and actually with a tad bit of effort it could almost suit them well ! Anyway, back to our LOCs; like moles shaped to be sneaky spies and scout wings essential to an arial warrior, these ears would make their owner a strong asset while in war to track down and hunt ennemies or any unwanted lions, even to find a lost ally or a track.
    However their asset could lead them to run a great danger as they are greatly needed thus put in danger by tracking, but are not warriors ... I think they should also be trained to defend themselves correctly or at least pass throught tests (to see their training level and how they master their element) in case they were caught into a fight without any guards to protect them.
    A tracker with the sound element could come in handy as they could progress into hazardous environnements with more safety by creating lures or covering their own sounds; same with darkness. I believe telepathy would be useful too when communicating during hunts.

Then there's the magestic wings ! In fact I was wondering if all winged lions had the same wing sizes, weights, lenghts, etc ? If no, there might be lions despised because of their tiny wings that they couldn't even lift themselves from the ground, others needing a whole runway due to their massive wings.
    I bet a winged lions would be at his best with the air and ice elements ! As well as with darkness or light whose they could use to blind (with either darkness or bright light) their ennemies while they fly over them, or illuminate a dark place where the ennemy deliberately settled their campsite.

As for horns I am totally a sucker for them as they can come in all shapes and forms ! They can represent sweetness, smoothness when they are thin and subtle, with voluptuous and sophisticated shapes. And on the other side they may turn into fearsome weapons and deadly features when strong and dense, but most of all when used with purpose. They would make great tanks when it comes to war. A winged lion sporting horns would make an incredible arial warrior if they ever meet ennemies scouts in air. He could push them away or harm them for his comrades to go throught the lines and proceed to go on on their mission.
    When it comes to ceremonies and rites those with large horns have to be the ones to sport the rarest materials, gems, jewlery and adornments on their horns !

traits featured in this form; Tracker ears, Scout wings, Horns.

(455/150)

Nonownerprompt
Cutieduckpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me