Katkins Fanclub

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Should the adoption limit be changed?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 am

No, it's perfect how it is!
No votes
Yes, increase it to allow 3 katkins per user!
43%
Yes, increase it to allow more than 3 katkins per user!
21%
No, but create more opportunities for users to win extra slots!
36%

Total votes : 14

Re: Katkins Fanclub

Postby Shadowflight13 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Congratulations, Creative!! I love the idea of using flowers as an art medium, that so unique! C:
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Victorian flower language is my preferred method of conversation

I finally got some free time today and decided to start a little theme of adopts for you guys: Katkin Colour Harmonies! I haven't done a lot of research on colour theory before, I was never in any art classes past elementary school, so I figured this would be a good way for me to improve my designs while also getting input from all of you on what you'd like to see in the future. I've got the first adopt up now, hopefully I'll get the next up in a couple days :)

Shh I got the second one up sooner than expected, tried out some leopard patterns for the first time :s
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:35 am

Katkin #40 is up!

Paydays for 1/15 and 2/1 have been added to the data hold!

[ meh·vay ]
I used to be PuddingWaffles

| toyhou.se | dA | katkins | ooo |
| one eighty | arcadia |

Interested in commissioning me?
Hit me up on dA,
as I don't do commissions for CS currency ♡
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:27 am

I'll be keeping a close eye on #40 - can't wait to see what you guys come up with :)
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:29 am

New poll up!

Should the adoption limit be changed?

Let me know your guys' opinions!

Also just for fun, a few questions for you guys:
Code: Select all
[b]What is your katkin's favorite wintertime activity?[/b]

[b]Does your katkin have any winter traditions?[/b]

[b]What is your katkin's favorite winter beverage?[/b]

[ meh·vay ]

| one eighty | arcadia |

Hit me up on dA,
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sillybob101 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 am

#40 looks so much fun, so I tried it out ;u;
What is your katkin's favorite wintertime activity?
Juliet's favorite winter time activity is walking along the streets of her village and taking a stop at the local bakery. She loves the smell of baked goods and often buys whatever is seasonal there.

Does your katkin have any winter traditions?
Juliet does have one winter tradition that she keeps up with, which is making a traditional winter meal that her mother taught her and then after lighting a cluster of candles outside her house at night. Her mother used to tell her that it kept 'bad spirits' away, but Julie just does it for fun.

What is your katkin's favorite winter beverage?
Favorite winter beverage would be warm milk with cinnamon sprinkled on top. It's pretty simple, but it's Juliet's absolute favorite.
Sillybob101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Cyril - Sleeping. Okay okay, apart from his need to hibernate, Cyril enjoys lighting up the fireplace in the winter, relaxing by it's heat, and maybe roasting some chestnuts (or marshmallows, if Olive has any say in it!)
Olive - It's so hard to choose, Olive loves a lot of things that can only be done in winter - making snowkins, snow angels, catching snowflakes on your tongue, hiking along a snow-covered trail, ice skating, tobogganing... but there's nothing quite like spending the morning building an impenetrable snow fortress from which to wage an epic snowball battle!

Cyril - So ever since Cyril's encounter with Ruby (the little robin he nursed back to health as a kit) it's been a little tradition for him to make a birdhouse each winter to hang up in the spring. His first year doing it, he was just trying to make a place where Ruby might return to, if she ever wanted to visit, but it's since become something he just enjoys doing (especially when he notices a couple birds nesting in them the next week)
Olive - In her family, winter was always a much more home-focused time, even when she was a kit. Having grown up in a household where winter is the time to be creative and work on pet projects, Olive has carried this tradition into her grown-up life. She likes to spend her snowless winter days inside decorating, or baking goodies, or curled up with a good book; while her snowy days are spent outdoors with her friends.

Cyril - Hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick is Cyril's favourite winter-time beverage - the scent of cinnamon is supposedly very calming, and with the sweet, tangy warmth of cider, Cyril could almost grin with satisfaction.
Olive - Ice cold, homemade eggnog - that frothy meringue with nutmeg and cinnamon, along with that custardy-base is just too decadent to resist! Not to mention the monstrous amount of sugar giving her the energy to plow through those all-day snowball fights.
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyChinaAru » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Ivan- Staying warm with Hudson.. not that the cold bothers us but I don't really like it either.

Ivan- Well every year I get Hudson a gift be it a new harness or a basket of snacks he likes.. I also go and visit may parents
and see how their doing.

Ivan- Hot cocoa and warm apple cider with a hint of cinnamon.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firewolf56 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Aaaaaa fun MYO challenge! I'm at my limit, though, so I'll just be watching. ;w; Can't wait to see what y'all come up with though!!!

Jayce - Sledding sledding SLEDDING! Any kind of it, so long as it's going as fast as possible! Get ready for chills, thrills, and spills! She's been known to run her Ru-Ru a little ragged through the snowy winters, having him pull her along as fast as he can. Snowball fights are also a fun winter-exclusive time waster. With Jayce, everyone's playing, even if they never agreed to it! So be careful when you see her rushing by on a makeshift sled, you might just get a faceful of snow!
Flora - Quite the opposite, Flora just enjoys holing up inside her home and making hot chocolate. She finds the wintertime a lot less stressful, as she gets fewer customers. She usually takes the down time to organize her work equipment. Flora can get a little stir-crazy, though, because she hates cold and the weather tends to keep her stuck inside her home for long periods of time. It's just too freaking cold. No daily meditation, no errands, no visiting friends, just sitting in front of a fire sipping at warm drinks while waiting for summer to come.

Jayce - Aside from the annual pelt-your-neighbor-with-snowballs month, Jayce has made it a tradition to visit home to talk with her parents and make sure they're doing alright with the cold. She takes up a lot of harder labor that they can't really do anymore due to their age. Over the week she spends with them, a lot of her time is spent chopping wood and mending wear and tear on her childhood home.
Flora - Ah yes, because Flora spends nearly the entire winter in her house, she needs a way to keep herself in good mental health. To do this, she gathers up an array of her favorite books from when she was going through school and reads through them. They're mostly young adult fiction of the adventure/fantasy genre.

Jayce - Apple cider, for sure! While she can't necessarily cook, she learned from her mom that the best way to prepare cider is to boil it and add a few cinnamon sticks to it. Let that sit for a little while, and then you've got a deliciously sweet drink to warm your belly.
Flora - Hot chocolate is Flora's favorite. It reminds her of home, when she was very little. She doesn't remember all that much of her childhood, but something about looking out at the snow-covered fields and drinking a toasty hot chocolate with marshmallows...it's nostalgic. She assumes her mother used to make it for her a lot, but even that's unsure. Certain or not, she knows that it makes her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I need more sleep...
Firewolf56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:43 pm

A N N O U N C E M E N T

Alright, I've decided to raise the flat adoption limit to 3 katkins per user. If you've bought an add-on, your slot limit is now 4 katkins. I'll also be thinking of ways that users can win more slots in events and such. If anyone has any questions regarding this switch, let me know!

[ meh·vay ]

| one eighty | arcadia |

Hit me up on dA,
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist