⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop

Postby dragoness129 » Wed May 17, 2023 11:59 am

I'm entering the Bookshop!
Username + ID: dragoness129 + 3218
Prompt: "Write about what your aero's biggest goal is, is it doable? Do they need the help of their friends to achieve it?"
Aeros involved:
#62 Nebuliyss
My Entry:
357 Words wrote:Nebuliyss' biggest goal is to master her craft. She likes to dabble in magics. Most deal with herbs and potion making, though occasionally, she will branch off into wilder or what others might call darker. Some might even call her a Witch of the Wilds. She rather likes that title. It gave her a proud feeling, a feeling that she was perhaps even more accomplished than she was currently. She also liked the way the title sounds, which in turn makes her strive to reach her goal even more.

When asked if it is achievable, she pauses. It is a simple question but the answer is more complex. It is not simply yes or no. In a way, she does believe it is doable, however, she is also keenly aware that there will always be more to learn and master. In that later sense, there will never be a point of complete mastery. There will be a point in which Nebuliyss is able to recognize the herbs fully, recognize what each is best for as well their secondary, tertiary, etc use, and be skilled enough to brew the potions in the shortest time possible. This will be as if mastering her craft, even when there are things unknown to her.

Perhaps she could learn more about the unknown from her friends, but she does not have too many of those. She also is unsure if they would be knowledgeable on the subjects. She would prefer not to bother with asking in the first place, simply trying to achieve her goal by her own means. If chance happens to present someone who is able to provide the knowledge she is after, she will gladly accept it, but only if they are offering to share it first.

Some trial and error along the way, some disastrous effects, an injury from a blade or burn, an explosion or some bubbling over, she expects it all and welcomes the challenges that will come with learning and honing her skills. While she might not always have a smile on her face throughout it, she is excited for the journey and the experiences.
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opaquii » Wed May 17, 2023 1:44 pm

Bookshop is closed for judging/calculating coins!
opaquii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bookshop Results

Postby opaquii » Wed May 17, 2023 2:26 pm

Bookshop Results

Considering that only three have entered, everyone will be getting bonus items.

@thenullchrysalis
Nova really liked your entry! It was interesting to see how Void and Ender interacted!
You have earned 2800 cloud coins as well as...
1x Fuzzy Green Sweater

@Nessiie
That was so fun to read! I hope Rodan really does get the promotion he wanted!
1x Leather Bookbag

@dragoness129
I agree with Nebuliyss, that's a pretty cool sounding title to have! I hope she keeps improving her craft!
You have earned 1600 cloud coins as well as...
1x Writing Equipment
opaquii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BPlusSupernova » Sun May 28, 2023 3:50 pm

Username + ID: BPlusSupernova 1034205
Prompt: "Write about your aero's reaction to
the NPCs, do they have a favorite? Or maybe one they dislike?"
Aero(s) Involved: May Flower #98
My Entry:
Word Count: 1140
Dear Diary,
Today was wonderful! I’ve finally finished moving into my new home, it’s just like I imagined out here. Absolutely gorgeous view, lots of space, open concept, natural lighting, a big garden, just everything I wanted. It’s perfect! I don’t have much time to write because I plan to explore the area today, it’s already pretty late so I should get going.
Signed off xx/xx/xx

Dear Diary,
AHHGH indecipherable scribbling fills the next few lines, you assume they were originally words or at least letters but the rushed and excited writing blends together to the point of being unintelligible EEEE. I met my new wife today. She's gorgeous! She runs the Boutique in the market. I first saw her when I was looking over the shop, she was helping another aero at the time but she called over that she’d “be right over darling! If you’re not buying, don’t touch!”. SHE CALLED ME DARLING. We are meant to be, clearly. I got too nervous and just left so I didn't mess our first meeting up. I’ll have to plan it. She has long blue hair that reminded me of the ocean and eyes the perfect shade of amethyst. I wonder what if it's soft. I bet it is. AH, I don’t know her name yet but I can’t wait to get to know her more! She doesn't know it yet but I think we’ll make an amazing couple. Of course, she’ll need to also be interested but even if she isn’t I’d love to be friends with her at least. I’ve got to go do some research but I’ll come back with what I find.
Signed off xx/xx/xx

Dear Diary,
Her name is Rachelle! She's just as amazing as I thought she was. I had to talk to her while I was several words have been scribbled out, you can barely read one, snooping? investigated her more and ended up cornered at her shop. Our conversation was short but I was a mess the entire time. I hope she didn’t notice. She probably noticed. SHE PROBABLY THINKS IM WEIRD NOW. I’ll never have a chance romantically. But that's okay, I’m okay with just friends too. Pretty stupid of me to assume I’d be good enough to catch her attention or that she’d stoop so low for so– the rest of the entree is unintelligible, the ink runny and the page crinkled up and wrinkled like it had been wet and left to dry on its own.

A couple of pages have been damaged, looks like something was spilled on the pages, the ink has melted together, pages are stuck together and certain spots are torn and damaged like they were frantically pulled or moved, most likely where an attempt was made to save pieces that were too far gone. The entrees lost span weeks and months however it seems some of the newer entrees weren’t damaged in the spill.

Dear Diary,
Me and Rachelle had to change our usual picnic place, she was really bummed out for some reason even though we just went to the usual cafe a little earlier to get out of the storm. She kept grumbling about ‘ruining something’ but I still think she looks amazing, even a little wet. I made sure to let her know that too, but she just smiled like she knew something I didn’t and said “Thank you love” before some guy walked up to us from behind the counter and pulled her to the side. I’m not sure who he was but It looked like he owned the place if I saw his tag right and that he and Rachelle were close. He said something and she blushed, like turned bright red so I assume they’re extra close. I didn’t wanna interrupt their time so I let Rachelle know I had some errands and that I’d be leaving. I wish I’d known she was taken but I’m happy for her! I hope she has a happy fulfilling relationship, honestly. Hopefully, we can still be close friends, I’d hate to lose her. I do actually have some things to do around the house.
Signed off xx/xx/xx

There's another gap in entrees, this time just noticeable in the skipped dates. Several days, almost 2 weeks, are skipped.

Dear Diary,
I guess I was out in the rain a little so much. Caught a pretty bad icky sick and I'm all gross and icky and sick bleh. It sucks but Rachelles been checking in on me quite a lot, leaving flowers and hot meals at my door, she's the best. She's just so kind and I hope if she ever finds out about my feelings we can still be this close, cuddling up to watch the rain, sharing meals, sharing clothes, sharing spaces. It's almost like she moved me into her own home, I’ve barely seen my own since we got closer and I feel like even when I am home, I find traces of her all over. I keep apologizing for taking her space and having to cancel all our usual outings but she just says “It’s fine Hun as long as I get to see you every day, I’m happy, if you needed me, I’d be right there for you Love, no hesitation, anything.”. I couldn’t ask for a better friend. She always gives me this look when I tell her that though, like I’m missing something obvious.
Signed off xx/xx/xx

Dear Diary,
We were finally able to go out again! All my sicky icky is gone and I can’t wait to spend the day with Rachelle like we usually did. We met up at the cafe a little later than usual because Rachelle said she had something to grab from her shop. Or the market? I wasn't told but it’s not my business so I’m not worried but I am a little curious, to be honest. I might ask.
Signed off xx/xx/xx

Dear Diary,
It was a ring. She went to pick up a ring from the market. I’m assuming she gonna propose to her partner!!! I’m so excited for her and I hope I’m invited to the wedding! I must admit I’m a little sad it won't be me but I never had a chance, I wasn't even girlfriend material. But that's okay, I can watch from the side just as happily. We’re meeting up later tonight again because she said she has something planned. I think she's gonna have me help her set up the proposal! I’m so happy she trusts me with that. Ooo I can’t wait, they’ll be so cute.
Signed off xx/xx/xx

Dear Diary,
Man I'm stupid
We have been dating for months and I literally just didn't realize it

Anyways, I’m engaged!!
Signed off xx/xx/xx
BPlusSupernova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GOLDEN KING » Wed May 31, 2023 4:49 am

Username + ID: neurobotz + 1033918
Aero(s) Involved: Image Callisto
My Entry:
It was like any ordinary day. Callisto was sitting in it's room and writing to it's heart's content. The quill it used dancing across the page of a worn leather notebook. The one that Callisto always wrote in. The drab thing must have been ages old with the way it's pages yellowed and it's spine crumbled. Every once in a while pages would fall out and Callisto would have to staple them back in.
Callisto itself was sitting in a rather bored position, both paws against it's face and slumped in it's chair, levitation magic doing the work with the quill.
"Hmm." Callisto hummed. It had reached a rather difficult to write part in it's latest story. Writer's block truly is a nightmare.
The quill stilled, the magic hold on it weakening as it dropped onto the desk. A glob of ink splattering the page as it did.
"Bit of a dreary day." It said to itself, adjusting the glasses on it's face.
And it was, a bit of a dreary day that is.
Nothing was going on and the weather had put Callisto in a bit of a poor mood.
It sighed, pushing a bottle of ink around like a child with nothing to do.
It sighed loudly and opted for watching outside it's window, a tree branch tapping against the glass.
But it could see the town below past the branch, and on the street outside was a strange character. An aero completely covered with a dark robe.
Callisto couldn't help but be a tad intrigued as the figure made themself scarce, disappearing into an alley.
"Well that's.. interesting." It huffed out a slight laugh.
Callisto turned it's head to look around the room, eyeing a sweater hung up in it's closet.
Without another thought it padded over and got the sweater down, quickly slipping it over their head.
An outing could be nice, right ?
It made it's way out the door and down the long winding staircase of it's home.
Once outside it realized just how empty the streets really were. There wasn't another aero in sight, it was just Callisto and the cold bite of the air. Well that and the robed aero across from it oh my god they're back.
Callisto jumped back with a loud yell. They had appeared out of no where.
"Good lord what is wrong with you !" It bristled up and snapped at the stranger.

A low laugh came from the figure, their eyes crinkling up as if they were amused.

"Oh you think you're funny do you ?" Callisto clearly did not think they were funny.

The figure seemed to wipe a tear from their eye.
I do actually." They said.

Callisto moved away from the figure slightly.
"Oh you think it's cool to scare people ? News flash, it's not cool !"

The aero rolled their eyes.
"Do you hate fun ?"

Callisto scoffed.
"Oh you really are a nuisance aren't you." This was not a question meant to be answered.

"I think it's a bit unfair for you to be asking questions when you haven't even answered mine."

Callisto huffed. "I do not hate fun thank you very much. I just happen to be a sensible aero who realizes when it's in the midst of a complete lunatic!"

The other aero was silent for a bit, only breaking the silence to bark out a laugh.
"You're a weird fella."
They said and then completely disappeared. The only sign that they had ever been there being a light smoke that was quickly dissipating before Callisto's very eyes.

It stood in shock, staring at the spot where the aero used to be.
The confusion suddenly turned into anger.
"I wasn't done with you yet !"
A voice that seemed to come from everywhere at once answered it.
"Yes you were."
The voice started laughing, seemingly getting quieter as it traveled in the direction of nearby woods.

Callisto stared towards the woods, thinking. After a brief moment, it started padding that way.
It had decided that it was not going to have a boring day.
xxxx N E U R OxB O T Z

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxx

xxxxxxxpookie | sketch shop | link | link | ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxx
GOLDEN KING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thenullchrysalis » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:05 am

Username + ID: thenullchrysalis - 1047850
Aero(s) Involved:
ImageImage
Laurel - #44 and America - #49
ImageImage
Carnival (Carne) - #294 and The Horrors (T) - #295
ImageImage
Moraghoma (Mora) - #296 and Finn - #297

also featuring beloved NPC Sylvia <3

My Entry wrote:Laurel stops in his tracks as he pushes open his apartment door only to not be faced with the usual sight of an empty kitchen, but with several other Aeros crammed into the living space, which can hardly fit two of them on a good day. They sit around the dining room table, though “sit” seems too inaccurate of a word to describe the manners of perches Laurel spots-- someone leans back in a chair with their paws kicked up on another chair, leaving who is presumably their friend with nowhere to sit, so they stand awkwardly beside. Another Aero is, for some reason, on top of the table, one leg hanging off the edge and the other pulled underneath them. Their snake-like tail is curled around the chair which another Aero sits in. They seem to be the only Aero sitting somewhat normally.

At the head of the table stands a very familiar Aero, though, who Laurel immediately zeroes in on after taking a few moments to gawk. Several surprised pairs of eyes land on him as he pointedly clears his throat. America, with his paws braced on the table as he stares down at some sort of paper, looks up at Laurel, startled.

“Oh, hey,” He says, “You’re home early.”

“I sure am.” Laurel agrees tersely. He was expecting to get to relax when he got home, not… Whatever is happening here.

“Hi, everyone. I’m America’s roommate Laurel.” He introduces himself to the room begrudgingly.

“I’m Carne.” The aero leaning precariously back in his chair introduces, not so subtly and protectively wrapping their long tail around the Aero standing shyly beside them. “This is T.”

“Hi.” T says quietly, and avoids eye contact.

“Nice to meet you.” Laurel responds politely, a bit perturbed by the death stare he’s been getting from Carne, who Laurel can already tell is quite protective of T. Satisfied, Carne’s glare fades into sheer fondness towards T, whose fur he ruffles in pride.

The Aero literally on top of the table has to shimmy himself a bit to face Laurel, his back having previously been turned, his smile quite charismatically welcoming. “The name’s Finn,” He introduces himself, waving a pale green paw. “This here’s Moraghoma. They don’t speak-- you know sign by any chance?”

“I do, actually,” Laurel responds, and signs, “Hello, nice to meet you.” Moraghoma smiles and signs a quick ‘Hello’ back.

“You can call me Mora.” They add.

“Right, so we’ve all been introduced!” America pipes up, clapping his paws to grab everyone’s attention.

“So now you can explain why our apartment is bursting at the seams with guests without any warning?” Laurel interrupts, raising a brow. America wilts.

“You know I hate the Judging Eyebrow Quirk.” He pouts.

“That’s why I’m using it.” Laurel responds.

“Harsh.” Carne mutters not so quietly with a teasing smirk.

“Sorry, man,” Finn pipes up, “We didn’t even know ‘Merica had a roommate, he just invited us all over.”

“Most of us have never even met till now.” Mora adds. “I mean, Finn and I are good friends, but I’d never met anyone else here till today, save for America.”

“The same here…” T adds softly, looking around nervously, “Um, I came here with Carne.

“Which brings me to my explanation.” America intercepts. “Come sit with me, I’ll show you what we’ve been discussing.” Laurel pads over to America’s side, pulling up a chair to sit in properly, peering over the table to take a look at the papers America had been poring over earlier. Even so, they’re basically incomprehensible… He spots a crudely drawn picture of what seems to be the Well, though it also resembles a strangely shaped rock, or maybe even a bird. Some hastily scrawled notes in America’s chicken-scrawl handwriting, some bullet points that look to have been written from different angles, presumably from around the table, none of which make sense.

“See, my good friend, all of us gathered here today share a common goal.” America presents, sweeping a paw around to encompass the aeros gathered around them, “We want the freedom to drink from the well as we wish--”

“But we can already do that.” Laurel interrupts, perplexed, “Sylvia doesn’t care what we do as long as it’s not during--” He stops himself, realizing America’s double-sided words.

“Wishing hours.” America finishes. “We want to drink the magic water.” There are several nods in agreement from around the table. Conflicted, Laurel stares back at America, meeting his confident gaze.

“Sylvia’s the only one who can activate the magic, though.” Laurel points out.

“We’ve got that covered.” Finn pipes up with an amused laugh. He points to one paper a bit off to the side, which seems to have a slightly better drawing of a house and some detailed notes. Laurel picks it up from the table and skims it, his brows furrowing at what he reads.

‘Sylvia’s Routine’, it’s titled, and contains several alarming details about her schedule on both Wishing days and her off days, including when she sleeps, when she eats, where she goes, and more. Furthermore, it has several half-finished thoughts about whether these times would be good times to ambush her, and Laurel finally connects the dots.

“You’re going to kidnap her??” Laurel exclaims, and is immediately shushed by the surrounding Aeros, who all glance around in alarmed suspicion as if someone will jump out of the walls and discover their nefarious plans. America rolls his eyes.

“Yes and no,” He says, “We’re just gonna… ‘Lightly convince’ her to use her magic on the Well so we can get a taste. And then maybe ‘come to an agreement’ on when she’ll return to use her magic again when we want more. We’re also gonna take over the Well itself. I mean, we’ll still let everyone else Wish and whatever, but we’ll just be controlling who does and when they do.”

“Couldn’t we just ask Sylvia to magic-ify some well water for us and leave it at that?” Laurel asks meekly, feeling a bit outnumbered.

“Sure we could,” America responds, “But that’s not just the point, is it?” He stares down for a moment at what Laurel now realizes are detailed plans to take over the Well and kidnap Sylvia, looking quite grave. “ It’s about making a statement.” Laurel gulps. America turns towards him, stepping into his space, which Laurel nervously takes a half-step back at before stopping himself.

“You understand, don’t you?” America asks intently. Laurel stares up at America, who meets their gaze head on, uncharacteristically intense. America leans down, almost nose to nose with them now.

“Are you with us, Laurel?”

Laurel knows there’s a right answer.

“I’m with you.” He states as firmly as he can, not breaking eye contact with his newly changed friend. Around the table, five pairs of hungry eyes gleam.

“Good.”

--

See, Laurel is definitely a well water enthusiast. There’s no mistaking that. But all of this? Taking over the Well, stalking and kidnapping Sylvia-- it’s too much. So, when the moon is high in the sky and everyone has dispersed and gone to bed, Laurel slips out the door silently, intent on enacting his own plan. He hates to hurt his friend like this, but… He can’t just defer to America any longer. He can’t just stand by and let it happen.

Unbeknownst to him, betrayed blue eyes watch from the window as he leaves.

--

“Sylvia!” Laurel hisses as he bangs a paw on her door urgently, glancing behind him nervously, “Sylvia, wake up!!”

The door is yanked open moments later by a very displeased looking Sylvia, her fur sleep-rustled and her eyes squinting at the brightness from the lantern he carries.

“Why in Aronia are you banging on my door this late at night?” She snaps.

“America and a bunch of other aeros are planning to take over the Well and kidnap you!” Laurel exclaims, wide-eyed. She seems at a loss as she digests his words, so he continues in a panicked ramble, “I’m sorry I woke you up, really, but it’s really that urgent. They’ve got plans and everything.”

“Plans? America never plans.This really is bad.” Sylvia gasps. “Let me get my things. We’ll head to the Well right away.” Laurel nods resolutely. He keeps guard at the door, wincing at the sound of several things crashing to the ground. It’s only a few minutes later when she emerges, her hat crooked on her head but her bags full. She carries a strange staff with her, which she tosses to Laurel. He fumbles a bit but catches it, looking her way questioningly.

“Let’s go, I’ll explain on the way.” She orders tersely. Laurel follows her as they run towards the well, bounding over rocks and rough terrain, cutting through the forest instead of taking the path around. As she speaks, he focuses on keeping the forest ahead lit with his lantern as best as he can. “That staff holds a gem which allows the user to channel their magic far easier than they would be able to on their own.” She explains. “I’ve called for backup, but they may not arrive on time. I’ll be counting on you to help me defend as best as you can.”

“Me?!” Laurel exclaims, almost tripping over his paws. Sylvia nods.

“Just trust your instincts. I think you’ll find it’s easier than you imagine.”

Within moments they arrive at the Well, skidding to a stop as they find it’s already occupied. To Laurel’s surprise, however, only America stands at the ready. Laurel wonders if the others couldn’t arrive on time… or if they refused.

“Stand down!” Sylvia orders sharply. She plants her paws in the dirt firmly, her wisps glowing with magic. Even so, it stutters and flickers, seemingly weak.

“I know your magic is burnt out, Sylvia.” America says instead. “It’s the night after the Well’s closed. You spent all weekend granting wishes. All you’ve got are party tricks.” Sylvia’s eyebrow twitches, but she doesn’t back down.

“I can still beat you.” She denies, but the truth is obvious. Laurel stares down at the gem staff in his paws, conflicted. Can he stand up to America? Is he strong enough? Doubts flood his mind the longer the stand-off goes on. Neither aero moves, waiting for the other to act. Sylvia and her refusal to admit her weakness-- America and his confidence in not needing to lift a finger. And then there’s Laurel-- quiet, unassuming Laurel. At his side, Sylvia turns to him with a pleading gaze.

“Please, Laurel. I know you can do this. I’ll support you however I can-- but your magic is going to be much, much stronger than mine.” Laurel looks from her to America. One encouraging gaze, one cold and challenging. In the gem of the staff, the light from his lantern reflects, flickering softly.

“I can do this.” He says, resolute, and turns to America. “This is your last chance-- stand down!”

“To you?” America laughs, “Never.”

Laurel, suddenly incensed with indignation, clutches the staff closer. The staff lights up a brilliant purple, the vines glowing ethereal green as his magic channels through it. It’s a rush, using magic, and he can’t help but grin as he finds his footing. The ground rumbles, trembling under their paws, and glowing water rushes up from the well and forms a protective figure above Laurel and Sylvia, prepared to fight if it must. Sylvia laughs, her face illuminated by the glow of magic as she stares up at the construct, impressed.

“Stand. Down.” Laurel orders. Wide-eyed, hurt, and betrayed, America takes but a second to make his choice.

“This isn’t over.” He promises, turns tail, and flees. Only when he’s long gone does Laurel return the water to the well, his legs suddenly weak beneath him, sending him to the ground in sudden exhaustion. Sylvia gently takes the staff from his grip.

“Well done,” She says. As reinforcements flood into the clearing, she hesitates for a moment before softly adding, “Thanks for looking out for me.”

Laurel smiles, opens his mouth to respond, and promptly passes out. Magical exhaustion at it’s finest.

he/they | ashton or ash | credit my TH for any art or design please!

thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gnosiphobia » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:59 am

Username + ID: gnosiphobia + 768453
Aero(s) Involved:
Mango #377

They had stumbled on Sylvia first.

It hadn’t been that hard to find, actually. The wishing well, tucked away in the corner of a foggy clearing, was, for one, glowing; and for two, occupied by a very loud and very glittery purple Aero. Mango had heard her before they saw her.

“Come one, come all, to the wishing well of spectacular gifts,” she was shouting in front of a small crowd, “Simply send the bucket down into the water and up comes something just for you! Reward guaranteed! If you get nothing, you get your money back, no questions asked!”

Mango looked around, wondering if anyone else caught the contradiction in the purple Aero’s words. A couple scoffed and rolled their eyes, but most seemed invested, disregarding the loud, infomercial-sounding language and auctioneer-like cadence. Mango walked closer and saw an Aero walk up to the well and send the bucket down, glowing for reasons unknown. The well went dark, and seconds passed, before the glow returned, and the Aero was walking away smiling with an orange lightning bolt in their paw.

Mango, admittedly, was skeptical; this had to be some sort of scam, right? Who would just hand things out like this for free? But Aero after Aero passed by and none walked away empty-handed. Finally, there wasn’t anyone left in the crowd. A few Aeros were hanging around, talking to each other about what they’d gotten, but there was no one left who hadn’t gone to the well. Except for Mango, who was standing back, unsure of what to do with themselves.

Luckily, the purple Aero loudly advertising the well earlier spotted them and approached. “Well, well, traveler, I haven’t seen you around here before!” She reached to put a paw on Mango’s shoulder. “Is this your first time at the well, hm?”

“Uh, yes,” Mango answered, rushed, “I’ve never, um, known about this place before?”

“No worries! Come with me, let me tell you more.” She walked to the well and Mango followed, now able to peer down into the depths of the well. “What’s your name?”

“Mango,” they answered, still distracted by the seemingly-endless well.

“Mango! My name is Sylvia. I think the fates have led you here today, Mango,” Sylvia grabbed the rope holding the bucket and passed it off to Mango. “You’ve found a great opportunity! Just send the bucket down into the water and whatever it brings up, you get to keep!”

“Really?” Mango asked, looking up, now. Sylvia still looked opportunistic. “No payment later? What if nothing comes up?”

“Something will come up,” Sylvia said, sounding awfully certain of herself. “Trust me – I’m a witch!”

Mango had no reason to distrust her, given the very witchy attire. They looked down into the well again. It couldn’t hurt, right?

“Okay,” they said, finally, “how do I do this?”

“Hold it carefully,” Sylvia said, “and look into the well, and slowly lower the bucket down. Don’t slosh it around! Be careful with it.” Mango did as told and watched the bucket slowly descend, down, down, into the depths of the well.

“How far?” Mango asked.

“As far as it will go,” Sylvia answered, still watching the darkness with them.

Mango kept lowering the rope, until when they went to give more, they found they couldn’t, and followed the rope to its end, tethered into the ground nearby. They looked to Sylvia for confirmation, who nodded for them to start pulling it back up.

It was a tense thirty seconds, but when the bucket finally raised up into view, Mango saw something sitting inside of it. They pulled it all the way up, quicker now, and set the bucket on the edge to peer inside.

It was a beautiful yellow flower crown. They lifted it out of the bucket to look at it in wonder – were these yellow roses, perhaps? Next to them, Sylvia was talking.

“You see? I told you something would come up! Now you’ve got a shiny, brand new accessory for your wardrobe. And might I say it matches your scales wonderfully?”

Mango carefully set it on their head and looked over at her. “How do I look?”

“Great.” Sylvia gave them a thumbs up.

“Um… are you sure I get to keep this? Do you want anything in return?” Mango asked, even though they didn’t have much to their name.

“No, no, of course not! I don’t own this well, Mango. I just watch over it. It’s here to give things to all the Aeros around. The flower crown is all yours.”

Mango smiled at her. “Well… thank you! I really appreciate it.”

“Of course!” Sylvia smiled back, taking the bucket back into her hands. “Go and enjoy your flower crown. And don’t forget to come back tomorrow! Open Thursday, Friday, and weekends!”

And so Mango went home having gained a new accessory, and dare I say, having made a new friend.
gnosiphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop

Postby opaquii » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:01 pm

Bookshop is closed for judging/calculating coins!
opaquii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bookshop Results

Postby opaquii » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:45 pm

Bookshop Results

Considering that only four have entered, everyone will be getting bonus items.

@BPlusSupernova
I loved your entry! May Flower and Rachelle fit so well together!
1x Green Jewel Collar

@neurobotz
Callisto has a really interesting personality, I love the way you write them!
You have earned 2000 cloud coins as well as...
1x Cup of Tea

@thenullchrysalis
Galawhim loved the inclusion of so many aeros and how this entry brought them all to life!
1x Green Jewel Bracelets

@gnosiphobia
Galawhim loved the characterization of Sylvia, she said it’s exactly how she imagined her!
You have earned 2400 cloud coins as well as...
1x Chunky Fur Sweater
opaquii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appleschloss » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:49 pm

Username + ID: appleschloss 42156
Prompt: "Write about what your aero would do if
they ended up being the "chosen one" for a heroic journey?"
Aero(s) Involved:
My Entry:
(Word Count - 726)

Ve'are swears if they had eyebrows, they would twitch like they'd seen in holos of other aeros and creatures alike. According to what it had observed about this motion, it usually would convey a sense of annoyance, which was about as close of a word that it could think of to describe the processing going through their mind right now.

"Ve'are, did you hear-"

"My audio systems are functioning optimally. In other words, yes I heard everything you said, but my computing time is taking quite a bit longer than usual to truly understand how you came to this conclusion."

The other aero sighed. "Listen, you're the only one who has an in in the virtual world. We need to find out what they're up to, and where they took our friend."

There goes the circuits firing to make their non-existent eyebrow twitch again. "My programming is built for specific parameters. This is outside of my range of commands."

"I think I can fix that," another Aero pipes in. "Plus, I was thinking about adding some upgrades." He smirks. "How would you feel about some wings? Maybe some horns?"

Wings? "What function would horns serve?"

"Antennae, communication," the mechanic explained.

"Defense!" another piped up.

"Please Ve'are, you're our only hope."

"I shall submit to these proposed upgrades and determine if my skillset will suffice for this request."

"Mission!" The first one, the leader of their small rebellion group piped up. "It's a mission."

Ve'are determined a response to this was not required and simply followed the mechanic into their work station. As it powered down, it wondered if this would be the last thing it saw.

Luckily, this was not the case. When they woke up, the world seemed slightly crisper. The mechanic and leader were both leaning over them.

"How do you feel?" the mechanic pipes up.

"Running diagnostic," Ve'are stated out of habit as they quickly did an internal scan of their systems and appendages. A few things pinged that didn't exist before-

Oh yes, the wings and horns. And their tail felt a bit longer as well. Were those... spikes?

"We also gave you a paint job. Hope you don't mind." The mechanic added. Oh, they must've been running their scan verbally. "Also, I found some nasty loopholes in your programming that would've made you... well... kinda lose your free will if certain things happened? It took a bit of work, but I removed those."

The more it thought about it, the less it felt strapped to the specific routes and commands it had been before they'd powered down. This made them think... debate their own desires in a way they'd never even been able to conceive before.

"I... I thank you for this." Ve'are said a bit quietly.

Both aeros beamed down at them. The leader looked like they were about to open their mouth, but the mechanic butted in. "Why don't you take the day and test out how you feel after everything and then you can let us know about the 'request.'"

Ve'are knew they had a choice in this. They didn't have to say yes.

They wanted to anyway.

"That sounds agreeable."

The leader and mechanic gave them space for the day and Ve'are was appreciative. They must've warned the others away too because it had plenty of time to think, something that they hadn't spent this much time on before without processing a problem.

It felt nice.

The wings and other additions too were really interesting. The flying took a bit of getting used to but they found they were enjoying it. As they'd been working and testing their new appendages, they walked by a reflective surface.

It made them freeze in place.

Gone was their gray tones and ID number stamped on their side. Gone was the scratched VAC logo and their slogan "Unlimited future in unlimited pixels." Now they were a variety of pinks and blues, with unique markings on their legs, tail, and ears. They stared for a while, turning each way as they looked at themself at different angles. The view was... it felt more like itself than anything ever had.

As the sun was going down, Ve'are searched for the leader of the group. As they stepped into the room, the leader looked up. Ve'are met their gaze.

"I'll do it."

╭───────∘°°∘───────╮
sʜᴇ⋆ʜᴇʀ​​​​​​​​​​ ᴘᴀɴ⋆ᴀᴄᴇ ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛ​​​​​
⋆ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ :)
╰───────°∘∘°───────╯

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Image..Image
╔⏤⏤⏤ 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔 ⏤⏤⏤╗
Image Image
╚⏤⏤⏤ °•. ✿ .•° ⏤⏤⏤╝
appleschloss