Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread--CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread

Postby Fire At Heart » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 am

Username: Fire at Heart
Your lion: Baby Aspen
Story: Aspen gives a small grunt as he heaves himself up onto the rock, around him the sun was beginning to set. He had been looking for his siblings for some time now, having lost both Solitaire and Milriis while playing. The cubs were growing older and these two seemed to never want to have responsibilities; grumbling about them he continues farther away from the pride hardly noticing his surroundings. Finally, he looks up and realizes he is terribly lost. Aspen spins around trying to find his barrings, but all he can see is grass going on for miles and miles. Panic tries to set in first, but he takes a breath and decides to find shelter as it is getting dark fast. He wonders around for a little while and then finds a rocky outcrop, which he decides to stay in for the night. Time goes on and he can't seem to get settled, he tosses and turns for what feels like hours. Finally, right before he gets up to walk around, he hears a crack. The fur along his spine stands up and he gets an eerie feeling in his bones. From his position in the cave he can just barely make out the sky, but what he can make out is quickly covered by a wispy bright gray figure. Aspen creeps closer to the outside to get a better look. When he gets as close as he is willing to go, he sees multiple wispy figures running through the grass. The figures remind him of lions on a hunt and something in his mind tells him not to attract their attention. He stays in the outcrop and watches for the rest of the night, too petrified of the strange things to move. When morning comes he hears what sounds like other lions and runs as fast as he can in that direction... Aspen never went out on his own after dark for a long time.

word count: 327

Ownerprompt
Fire At Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Username: NARANDA | Your lion: Tadao
The First Haunt (Story):
When I found my element I could not help but think over the many things I could do with this new found power of mine. Everything I could do to protect the pride and my family like my brother. There was one thing I did not think about though until that night when I got back to our family den.
We stared each other in the eyes, his blank and unmoving, never shifting from mine as I hissed and snarled at it. The cold chill went up my spine and I watched the creature sit in the space between my mother and my brother, the two chatting away. "Calm down Tadpole, I'll play with you in a bit." Nunebis said, rolling his eyes. I could not bring myself to reply as I watched the figure watch me. Slowly, it blinked, then continued the staring contest we started the moment I returned from playing with some other cubs from the pride. It did not move for some time so I finally started to calm down, then in a flash it was charging me, running right towards my face. "AH! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY!" I screamed to the high heavens running as fast as I could out of the cave with the spirit floating right behind me, right on my heals. "Tadao?!" I heard my brother call after me but I could not stop myself from running as far from the spirit as I could.
I was exhausted by the time I realized the spirit was no longer chasing me and returned home. "What was that about Tadpole?" Nunebis asked, lifting a brow. I did not want to reply. I walked over and laid in my nest, falling asleep as Nunebis shrugged and walked away, leaving me to sleep for the night. I did not get to sleep through the whole night though as I woke up, it was not morning, not even close yet. The blank eyes stared right into mine, the strange translucent lions staring me right in the face as I slept, and now as I awoke his eyes met mine. "GAH!" I screamed and leaped out of my nest, running to my brother's as full speed. "IT'S TRYING TO GET ME!" I barely noticed his annoyed moans as he opened his eyes, finding me trying to use him as some sort of shield against whatever my imagination had conjured up. "Tadpole, it's late. This is not the time to play." he mumbled. "I'm not playing! That creepy blank-eyed lion was watching me in my sleep..." I think my words came out in a whimper as my brother lifted his head, seeming to realize what I was talking about. "Did you forget that dad can see spirits, or ghosts?" Nunebis seemed to grin and all I could do was stare at him blankly as I tried to remember what our father had told us. "DADDY!" I ran from Nunebis' nest, running to that of our parents.
I never did manage to get rid of the ghost, but I learned to control my visions, being able to toggle them off in a way so I could only see them when I wanted to, but this ghost still follows me, whenever I allow myself to see the spirits I see this spirit watching me, following me.

Word Count: 557
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:28 pm

This months competition is now closed! Results we be up soon!

Results!

Owner

Mechanic Drone -30
Fire At Heart - 30
NARANDA - 30

New prompt up!
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:42 am

Username: Mechanic Drone
Your lion: Klay and Broken's lion Valhalla
Story:
Klay walked silently through the unknown lands, his mind slowly clearing being out in the open by himself. He wandered aimlessly to an area he had never been before and looked around curious at his surroundings. Suddenly out of no where he heard a loud but cub-like roar. Whipping his head around he saw a small cub charging him... But wait this cub, was on fire? Klay's eyes widened seeing the fire cracked cub charging straight towards his and let out a small huff as he began running away.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you!" Klay started staring back at the cub as he ran,"I was just exploring and I didn't realize I was in your space and-" Klay's words came to an abrupt halt as he felt his front paw make direct contact with a stone.
As he winked away at the pain he tumbled to the ground, hitting it heavily and groaning for a moment in a daze.
The cub quickly caught up to the now fallen Klay, "What are you doing here?" The young female cub demanded. "No rebels are allowed to be here give me a reason not to burn you to a crisp." He fiery markings brightening with her anger.
Shaking his head Klay came to his senses, "Rebel? No no I'm not a rebel." He began to slowly sit up, "I'm with the pride my name is Klay, I was just out wandering around to have some alone time I meant no disrespect." He bowed his head to show his sincerity.
The cub never took her eyes off him though her markings began to die down to their normal glow. She sighed and closed her eyes only to reopen them with every bit of emotion drained out of her face. "Well my name is Valhalla and you are near my family's den."
Klay lifted his head only to bow it again as a feeling of guilt sank into his gut, "I was not aware I'm sorry to have trespassed."
Valhalla could tell Klay was being sincere and nodded acknowledging that he wasn't a threat.
Klay lifted his head once more and sat up before beginning, "I know it isn't my place to ask but how is it you and your family can survive out here safely? With Arknon and the rebellion and all."
"Well we are well hidden and have strong elements." Her answer was short and to the point making it clear to Klay that she didn't want him to know to much.
Klay nodded his curiosity clawing at him though he thought better to not ask anymore questions about her and her family, "Well I lived most of my life out here in the unknown lands and I understand how difficult it can be to just survive, if you want I would be more then happy to hunt something for you and your family, as a way of saying sorry." Klay said with a soft smile on his face.
Valhalla opened her mouth but before she could get a word out an unfamiliar voice cut through the air.
"Valhalla who are you talking to?" Both turned to see a brown stripped lion approach the pair. Suddenly a wipe smile spread across the newcomers face, "Oh Valhalla have you made a new friend? Hello my name is Calida I am Valhalla mother it is very nice to meet you." she said smiling, "I'm sure Valhalla would love to go hunting with you, maybe you could teach her a few things about catching something without burning it to a crisp." Calida said letting out a light chuckle.
Both Klay and Valhalla looked at one another before Valhalla could get words out of her opened mouth Klay nodded to Calida and began to speak, "Of course I can try my best to help her." smiled warmly at the two.
Who knew this could be the start of something new.
((657 words))
Last edited by Mechanic Drone on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pengu. » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Username:
Your lion(s): Kimba - Dahlia - Aldurant
Story:
Word Count: 769

Aldurant paced back and forth in the darkness, his power keeping him deftly hidden as he lie in wait. The roars of lions echoed in the distance and he was sure half of the pride would be slinking over to get a peek of the scene. If he had not been forced to step out of it, Aldurant would have ended this fight with more than just words.

"He is a murderer Dahlia! Of your own family! How can you dare stand to be in his presence when all he brings about is death?" Kimba yelled angrily, his mane ruffling as he stepped forward with each word. It may be the first time Kimba had ever been caught speaking in such a tone. The usually docile and timid male had turned to the picture of pure anger - hot tempered like his adoptive mom and as stern as his adoptive father. His own daughter did her best to not cower at the sight but each accusation stung like a hot knife and she wanted to hide like she did as a cub. "That was never proven and you know that." Dahlia whined, looking up to him with big eyes as she lowered herself to the ground. "He was there! That is all the proof I need. He took away my family once Dahlia and I will not see it happen again!"

"I love him father. Can you not see past your own hatred and denial?" Dahila fought back, rising to her feet in defiance of him. "You look at him and you see a murderer, a void of darkness with nothing but hatred and loathing to offer. I look at him and I see a tender, broken heart that I can mend. I see a future. And, yes, I see love in his eyes. Something I now fail to see in yours." Dahlia backed away wanting to crawl in a hole and wallow in her own self-pity. "You would refuse your only daughter happiness just to please your own ego? You would lose me because you fail to let the past die?"

It was Kimba now who was stung with every word. He had never thought the words would truly come from her mouth. As a cub she was drawn to him, though more an annoyance to him than anything. But, as she came of age Aldurant had become close with her, his only daughter. They had tried to hide it but only so many things can remain hidden in the darkness before they are brought into light. He had forbade the two from meeting let alone speaking to one another. Yet, nothing had worked to separate the two. And now, the thought of him joining his family - the one he had broken up so many years ago - hurt him to his very core. "I would see you banished from my home for fraternizing with that traitor." Kimba growled lowly. His mate, Mirrah, cried out and ran to meet the two. "Stop it, both of you... please you do not mean this..." she begged. "You shall not step foot in our den again until you lose the idea of this foul fantasy you have worked up in your head Dahlia."

Dahlia's eyes widened and her heart broke into a million pieces. So, he had meant it then. Truly meant it. She had always believed her father's stern judgements to be only empty threats. But, the fact he had actually threw her out sent her into a depressed spiral. "Out!" he yelled at her, turning away as he was unable to look her in the eye any longer. A booming roar rung in the air around them as Aldurant, the topic of conversation himself, emerged from the shadows to meet the family.

"Do you seek to torture me, murderer? Or do you simply like watching other suffer?" Kimba said sadly, beginning to walk away until Aldurant stepped in his path. Aldurant towered over the younger male - deemed his enemy for over five hundred years - and the look was that of venom and if it had the power, it would have killed. "Keep acting like such a child and you will get exactly what you wish for. She will be gone forever and you will never be able to win her back. All because you are too focused on false accusations of your youth." The dark male spoke lowly, pushing past him to Dahlia's side. Dahlia took one last look at her family before tears filled her eyes and she turned. "Let us go then. There is nothing left for me here."

Ownerprompt

Limited activity due to working full-time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact me on dA, TH, or discord if need be.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken* » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am

Username: broken*
    Your lion: valhalla & calida
    Story: word count 890

valhalla was rapidly pacing back and forth, currently about half a mile away from her family den, the only home she had ever known. it was built by her father tamboro with his unstable lava element, and had been a very secluded and safe place for her and her brother vesuvius to have spent their cubhood growing up. never in her wildest dreams as a cub would she have ever considered leaving the security of the nomadic lifestyle she had lived thus far, and yet here she was, trying to determine the words to say to her mother to tell her that she was leaving. as a cub she was too afraid of other lions, too scared that she would lose control and end up hurting someone. the guilt she felt even just burning one of her parents or her brother, fire elementals and another lava, was excruciating. she couldn't imagine if she did serious harm or damage to another lion, who was likely to be far less forgiving of her mistakes.

calida wouldn't be mad, she couldn't possibly be, right? she had been the one to encourage valhalla to start interacting with klay, the pride lion that val had grown so extremely close to as the years had passed by. he had taught her how to hunt, how to enjoy life and have fun, how to be confident in her own skin/fur. and now that she had grown, officially leaving her cubhood behind, she knew fully and completely that she was in love with him. she wanted to be with him, now and forever, until the end of their days. but he was a lion of the pride; that was his home, and that was where his loyalties lay. he had strong convictions about staying in the pride, especially during this time of civil war; another thing that made valhalla extremely nervous. and yet, for some reason, she was willing to give up her peaceful life to join klay in his chaotic one.

ripped out of her thought by the scent of an approaching lion, the young lioness saw the brown and light pink form of her mother, and for a brief second, just the thought of her mother brought her peace and comfort. until, of course, she remembered why she had wanted to talk to her mother, and all of the nerves came jumbling back. klay stood just on the other side of the nearby hills, waiting for her to share the news with calida and then go to join him, meeting ethereal as not just a nomadic cub, but as a lioness seeking his approval to join his pride. the older female approached her daughter with a smile, nuzzling her head against valhalla's own forehead with a deep purr rumbling in her chest. "hello my darling. what is it that you needed to talk to me about, and all the way out here? i assume you wanted to be away from your father and brother?" as always, calida had a teasing smile on her face as she playfully winked at her daughter.

feeling herself tense up, the words just came spewing out of her maw like word vomit; "i'm leaving mother!" as soon as she said those words, she regret it, for her mother's playful demeanor vanished within a second. calida went from a calm, smiling lioness to a tense one with a confused expression and her tail drooping low to the ground. "wait, that came out not at all how i wanted. please let me explain! i-i'm going to join the pride, to be with klay. i love him momma. and i mean now you'll have a reason to visit the pride again, since grandmother is now serving on the prison planet as a guard." calida let out a deep sigh, slowly sitting down onto her haunches. the tenseness that had found her body slowly disappeared, although the shock was replaced with a sadness. "i know you do, valhalla. i've known since you were a cub, not knowing what falling in love was, let alone that you were doing it. i knew this day would come someday, but that doesn't make me hate it any less."

calida let out a deep sigh as she rose to her paws, approaching her daughter and softly nuzzling her shoulder before licking her over the top of the head. "you are my daughter, and i love you. i will always love you. but you must also have your own life, away from your father and i, as much as it pains me to see you go. you will always have a place in our den if you so wish it, regardless of how many years you go before returning. klay is just as welcome; tell him that for me. i'll tell your father; once he's cooled down, we'll come visit you, to see how you're adjusting to your new life." valhalla felt her eyes welling up with unshed tears, not prepared for this reaction from her mother, but thankful for it nonetheless. rubbing her head against her mothers soft chest, she murmured a quiet "thank you momma; i love you too." before she gave a small smile, and then took off towards the hills, where her future mate was waiting for her, ready to start their new lives together.

{{{note; valhalla hasn't technically been grown yet, but the date of her aging has passed, to just pretend she's n adult atm ^^}}}

Ownerprompt
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Prompts

Postby Rohan. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Username: Rohan.
Your lion: Metsastys / Eowyn & Starry--nights Ethereal
Story:
In which Metsastys has an existential crisis stemming from a future or possible lack of which leads to instability and anger taken out on Eowyn.

The dream scape swirled violently around the lioness, her dark pelt glittering in the dying reds and blue lights. She was upset, clear as day, yet it was unknown to everyone. Nearly. Only the other dreamers could possibly sense her anger and frustration, but so far had remained far away as the volatile nature of her fractures in the dream scape held no sign of wanting a visitor.

Still she wasn't totally alone as she had wanted, she knew he lingered not far away, watching her destruction without truly knowing it, his dreaming subconscious unawoken, but slightly aware, likely experiencing nightmares. Pythia would calm him. She could not at the moment. 

Stys was angry with the alpha, shaking in fury, her very scent reeked of it. Each new spike sent more cracks into the fragile area of the dream scape she was in.

It wasn't his fault. Not really, just how things were. She couldn't stop it from happening. Couldn't control it. And that's what really pissed her off.

She raged for hours, haunting dreams and ruining the walls shed build only to tear down. The dream scape was her best form of therapy, an area to build and destroy at a whim.

"Please relax." His voice broke her from her rage. Blood wine meeting golden eyes.
Pythia had stepped in, awaking his subconscious to the dream lands. Stys vouldnt decide if she was angry or relieved.
"No. It's not right." She growled back, raking her claws into the ground that shimmered at every touch.
"Dear..." He was genuine, the worry and exhaustion in his tone was clear. She felt an ache of guilt, ruining his sleep, but fended it off, pacing as he sat watching.
"Don't dear me." She nearly hissed, frustrated but unable to find the words to explain it other than confrontation.
"Stys." He had his alpha tone ready, but it was nothing new, having no effect on her.
"I don't need you to coddle me."
He was getting frustrated, a part of her was glad he was feeling her pain, another knew it was an unhealthy way to deal with it.
Silence stretched between the pair as she paced, before he finally stood.
"Fine." He growled, "If you won't talk to me, release me."
His threat stopped her in her tracks, ice flooding her veins. Would he really leave? She didn't want him to, it was like a sudden rush of terror. Yet she had no explanation.
The dreamscape suddenly shifted hard on them, as she unconsciously brought them to his den, a more comfortable place than her wreckage.
" it's not fair.." She whispered, crumbling to her haunches and staring at the ground.
"No matter what happens, we have no future."
"Metsa-"
"No! You know it's true! This war has two outcomes, we lose or he dies. If we lose you're first to go, then the hierarchy is slaughtered until the pride falls apart. If he dies then what!? You will forever be a target. You are a symbol of power and tradition, like it or not. What am I to do if you are killed? I.. I won't be Nashira! I can't! I won't be a ghost of the past regime floating through as your heir takes your throne. She and Kiana are proud, but not even you can believe they are happy with the history that brought you to power." She erupted in hysteria, speaking fast, shaking her head with each possibility. He seemed taken back by the sudden change, but fear flashed in his eyes as she spoke, uncertain at what she was getting at.
"Metsastys... what are you saying?"
"And what of me? What if the fog reclaims me when the war is done? What would that mean of you? Even if we can have a life together, what of cubs? Would they be your death? Would they be stolen by the fog upon it's return like I? Ethereal what did we do to deserve so many obstacles to simply being happy?!"
He silenced her with an embrace holding her tight as she shook and sobbed into his messy mane. Neither had an answer to her questions, but neither wanted to part to spare the pain of mere hypothetical situations.
Slowly, she released them both from the dream scape, allowing a emotional exhaustion to overtake them into a deep sleep.
_______
When she woke alone a thick misery had settled over her.  She would feel lost if not for her duties, but she marched in regardless. Exhaustion pulled at her every muscle, her mood swung heavily between void and an emotional flurry of frustration.
The battlefields was always something else. It was grounding; The scents of gore, fear, death wafting in such strong waves. Young adults, fresh to the field cowered behind her as she led the platoon towards where the rebels were said to have been gathering. A few fragile years into life in the pride for her- and here she was, leading a battle to gather revenge on those that had the same beliefs as those that stole her life before. She refused to lose anymore.
Every battle was the same, strapping on armor slowly while discussing strategies with the other lead warriors, fending of Ethereals worries as she strode out to meet her warriors- this time worse than before as she clearly didn't have a clear mind away from get mess of emotions- her armor clanking loudly as he pleaded for her to be careful, to lead with words rather than her in the forefield.  She ignored him as usual.
Each time things worked out the same, her platoon behind her as she led them, her ancient armor shining with refurbished metals.
And each time she returned home. Maybe a little battered, bloodied, and frustrated or mourning; depending on the numbers that returned with her.

However, with the oasis lions hanging about, this was unlike many of the times before. She returned furious. Arknon and his damned souls lurking about had ambushed her platoon before they were able to reach the point where her scouts had located a rebel camp. He had vanquished a great many mind games and fear, many of her younger warriors running in fear.
Yet..
This lion had the audacity. Eowyn had always gained her frustrations, the lioness was of the oasis' great guard and yet..
"Why does the leader not simply freeze the traitor to speak to him. A strategy so well planned and informed clearly was from a brilliant- though evil- lion. Sense shouldn't be hard to talk into him."

Metsastys felt her blood boil, anger flaring in her wine red glow of her eyes. She halted in peeling off the armor to listen in to terra giving the oasis lion short answers.  It was polite, but didn't defend Ethereal, or the fallen comrades she called pointless deaths. How dare she. While Stys risked her life and those under her command, this exotic lioness waltzs into the healers den and tries to talk politics with the lead warrior. In front of those that lost friends and comrades in a fight she had deemed 'useless and without cause' loud enough for all to hear.
Terra seemed to be handling it well enough, but Stys didn't share his patience.
With each of step, Stys grew angrier, until finally she was bloodied flash as she lunged into Eowyn, bowling her over and pinning her to the ground.

They were a mess of limbs, fighting to gain dominance as the lionesses tumbled across the ground. None bothered to move, shocked at the outburst until finally Stys gained the upper hand and pinned the oasis Guardian.  Her teeth bared angrily above her face as her roar ripped through the silence.
"You cannot bargain with the devil when your head is in his jaws! No matter your sweet words or cunning phrases, his teeth will tear your flesh and end your cause if you do not fight back! How dare you say these deaths were in vain. How dare you think yourself better than those who fought and died for the notion of peace and prosperity that your sorry pride hides and ignores the cosmos to achieve! You know nothing of this pride or our alpha. You have nothing unless you fight for it! Nothing."
---
Eowyns world tipped in a matter of moments as she slammed into the ground the final time, left staring up at Metsastys' bloody and furious face. It wasn't often the lioness felt true fear, but this was one of the times. The warriors roar was deafening, anger running rampant in her words, though it was clear that something else was causing the frustrations. She feared what else may have happened if not for Terra pulling them apart as he broke out of his stunned silence.

Metsastys seemed to still be fuming, but accepted her higher ups command of releasing Eowyn, though not before Eowyn got flashes of the cause. Emotional distress, scenes of Ethereals possible death, a heavy fog returning her soul to the dead. Eowyn blinked away from the flashes of visions to come back yo the current scene as Terra barked reprimands at Stys, who stood silently taking it despite the hatred in her eyes. It wasn't an understanding, but she knew she messed up, got too free with her words in an inappropriate environment. Stys, despite her feral attitude, had a point. The prides desperation to reach the oasis meant words would do little... If they had the chance to even get to peace talks. 

Eowyn finnaly climbed to her paws. Stepping between the two generals without care for their hierarchy. "No... sir I'm sorry that's not needed. Metsastys I am truly sorry for my words, I should have thought before speaking. It is not her fault, please let her off to be healed. I will leave, I shouldn't have interrupted. Apologies for the trouble."

Perhaps her talks had solved nothing, but in reflection, Eowyn wasn't there to solve, only to take note, and the firey dreamer had certainly given her something to think of.
Ownerprompt
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cutieduckpie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Username : Cutieduckpie

Entry :

At first sight we could think that being an entertainer while benefiting of the pride protection is litteraly the ideal rank to be assigned to. However it required many abilities and talents.
This rank can implies you being send on a planet +not necesarly ally- and having a mission. The one to represent all Loc kind, and what a big responsability it is ! You represent them by the way you act, the way you present yourself, the way you talk, and many more things ! That's why I think a performer should be -or at least learn to- calm, amiable and confident, to have self control and to be charismatic.

But most important : Think about it one second : you have to have the will to please the others, to amaze them, to make them laugh, and this is not given to everyone ! Pleasing others is not something we would normaly do. Most of the time we are dedicated to our cause, to the prosperity and peace in planet Lochren and between lions, to protect our families or the ones we cherish. And it doesn't seems like it but performers are fighting for these causes as well, just not the same way. By performing for festivals or ceremonies on the planet and even on other planets, they try to maintain cordial agreements between prides and lions from all roots, gathering them in the same place, sharing the same show and appreaciate together the spectacle of the performer.

While looking at the elements I found telekinesist and couldn't stop imaginating a lion with this incredible gift that would be a performer. He's loved by many lions out there and is really having fun working on his shows and coming up with new ideas ! But many jealous or envious lions doesn't understand his choice : " Why do you do these useless shows when you could battle with us and use your gift like it deserves it !? ". Well, what they don't know is that this lion is super nervous when on the front. When he was young he was up there and for the first time had to use it's gift in a battle. The pressure was such as his stress soared and he wasn't able to correctly use it's power to help and protect his comrades.

As for a storyteller I think the fire, water or earth elements would look amazing ! The lion could make the element dance, circle in the air, whirl between the spectators and himself. He could even dances with his element.
And a lion with the gift of darkness would be a master at shadow puppet shows ! I can imagine them terrifying the assembly of lions with monstrous shadows and then a few minutes later making them die out of laughter while making these same shadows act silly.

Nonownerprompt
Cutieduckpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Username: NARANDA || Your lion: My Aries and Lirrie's Karazi
The Bearer of Bad News:
"I am leaving. I can't keep living like this." I bowed my head, closing my eyes a moment. I knew I could not talk her out of it.
"I won't stop you, but do know that when you feel you are ready or more comfortable, feel free to return. We will welcome you back with open arms." She gave a faint nod, a look of hopelessness in her eyes. How was I to tell Karazi that her sister left in the night, without even telling her. And why did Ishabba leave this job to me? I watched her walk away, leaving behind the pride and her precious twin sister. I wish there was more I could have done, I wanted to help her, but I was useless and there was no way I could teach her. The element of of the two twins was not something we had ever seen before and I had no idea about where to begin when it came to helping her learn her element on her own. I could go out where I would hurt no one and practice, but her element relied on other creatures, making it much harder to practice. No room for error. I laid in my den, thinking about all this, about what I might have been able to do, but nothing came to mind.

I walked slowly to Karazi's den knowing she would not be heading off to work just yet. I had to tell her and yet I was still thinking about what to say and how to say it. My mind wandered. My mind raced. My paws stopped. I lifted my head and looked at the entrance of the small den the twins shared only the evening before. I took a deep breathe and hoped the right words would come to me.
"Karazi?" I called into the cave, waiting for any sign of life from the red and white lioness.
"Aries? Is there something you need?" Her usual smile crossed her face and her violet eyes stared into mine. It was like staring into the eyes of the night before.
"I just have something important I needed to tell you." I replied, unable to look her in the eyes for a moment before I lifted my head to stare into her endlessly sparkling eyes.
"Ishabba left last night." Her smile dwindled a little.
"What do you mean?" She looked a little worried, and it broke my heart to have to continue, to have to tell her the bad news.
"She left the pride. I couldn't stop her. She didn't feel like she belonged and was so afraid of hurting others. She needed some time away from the pride." Karazi looked away for a moment.
"You think she will come back?" she asked, looking up again, some of the sparkle from her eyes faded and dim. I felt my heart break and I was not sure how to reply.
"I am not sure." She nodded and took a breathe.
"Well, I guess I am just going to have to hope she will find her way back someday." I could swear I saw tears in her eyes as she walked past me, heading to her job as a healer for the day. I kept my eyes staring at the ground in front of me for a while before I look back to see her vanishing around the corner, crying a little.

------------------------

She started to look better after some time, but it was obvious that she was still saddened by her sister's choice. I had avoided her at first, unsure what to say to her that could make her feel better, not wanting to make things worse by reopening the wound on accident. I needed to talk to her though, make sure she was okay.
"Are you okay Karazi?" She sat staring out towards the Unknown Lands, but turned to see who has spoken.
"Ya, I am alright." She smiled, but the sparkle in her eyes were still dimmed. They have been since the moment Ishabba left.
"Well, if you need someone to talk to, don't be afraid to come to me. I am always willing to listen." I smiled at her, seeing the tears spring up in her eyes as I did so.
"I thought she would come back. I had hoped, I still hope, that she would come back. You think she might? Maybe she just needs some more time?" She looked hopeful, but the feeling in my gut said otherwise. I wanted to cheer her up, give her hope, but I did not have much hope for the twin's return, definitely not enough to share with the red and white lioness before me.
"I can't say for sure, but until that day comes just keep having hope and helping those who need you here." She looked into my eyes with a questioning look.
"Those who need me?" I smiled.
"Well ya, you are an amazing healer. Skills like those are appreciated and always needed. The pride needs you and you'll always be welcome here." She smiled softly, a little more sparkle appearing in her eyes.
"You really think they need me?" She seemed happy, but hesitant to grasp that little bit of happiness.
"Of course they do. We do. I know I would definitely trust a healer with such skills if I ever got hurt." I grinned, looking into her eyes as she started to look at her paws, thinking about what I said and obviously a little embarrassed.

(Story about Aries and Karazi first getting to know each other.)

Ownerprompt
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 pm

closed! Results coming after lunch!

~Owner~