VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 16

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 9

Postby Kydashing » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:26 am

Prompt 3 - Relaxation Destination
Username; Kydashing

Eve makes a new friend and goes on a relaxing trip to the mountains! Kalea isn't the best at most of their activities but always does her best and is happy she has made a friend in Eve. The purple girl is beginning to open up, and it can be heard in her music...

{viscets used : Eve owned by Me -- Kalea owned by jolteon}
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░

══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══
L I N K S ::
[My Trello/Art progress]
[My DA]+[My Viscets]

B L U R P S ::
Thank you tenlittlesoldierboys
For your help with my
signature!
All rights go to Warner Bros.
+ J.K. Rowling
PFQ! Click Here For MEH?
══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══

░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
Kydashing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:32 am

username; Mint Chip
    {words or art}
      wip / ran out of time
    {credits: Kaori & Emmett }
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Alex_ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:45 pm

username;
{words or art}
    it's when the tension and stress bubble over that kieran snaps. lashing out in a wave of tooth and claw and anger and frustration and magic so dark that even the devil cowers. he rains down hell and destruction and death all around him. a force of necromancy and power that cannot be stopped until he burns himself out. leaving him tired and weary.

it's then his mate reaches out. wrapping kieran in his arms and hooking his chin over his shoulder. ahriman smiles gently when kieran turns and nuzzles closer, seeking his warmth. "let us go now," ahriman says gently, "to that place you love so much."

"are you sure?" kieran asks, not out of doubt but out of habit, out of necessity, "your father surely has plans for us."

"my father's plans can wait." ahriman says deftly, "and besides, who is he to stop us?" it's a question that holds more weight to it than it should.

they share a smile, and then set forth on their journey. climbing up the pathway out of their kingdom and to the portal. the portal which they activate with their magic, not paying the skeletons that guard it a second thought.

when they embrace from the portal, they emerge in a field of dark green. mountains rise up in the distance. the sun hangs low in the sky. they are the only predators around for miles in any direction.

together they begin to hike, making their way towards the mountain even as the sky darkens. the moon is absent above them, hidden behind the earth's shadow, and yet they continue forward. gifted with the ability to see even in the darkest night.

the whole while they talk. they speak of their pasts, their future, their present. they trade spells and potions and rituals, kieran bringing forth some far to dark for even ahriman to attempt. they weave together stories of ghosts and ghouls and monsters that would eat the marrow from their very bones. but they have no fear, whatever they speak into existence they can speak into submission.

when the finally reach the peak of the mountain, they settle down. finding a large smooth spot and lowering themselves down to the ground. kieran curls up into a ball, ahriman draping himself around and over his mate with practiced ease, covering him nearly completely despite being smaller in stature and mass.

together they lay in near-silence, their combined breathing the only sound. eventually, after a few hours, the sky begins to lighten. they watch as the sun begins to rise, the pinkish light of down dancing over green hills and fluttering on bright blue rivers. it's beautiful and amazing in perhaps the most basic of ways, but most of all, it's peaceful and calm.

"you know, i have never figured out why you love this place so much." ahriman stated gently, breath tickling against kieran's ear.

kieran hummed, shifting slightly. "i grew up in a city not to far from here. it was terrible, you know that. but sometimes, once or twice a summer, i would sneak out here in the back of a farmer's cart, hiding amongst the sheep or crops. i would lay on the mountain, just like this, and wait for the sun to rise. this view is all that kept me sane back then."

ahriman simply hummed in response. he didn't have the words to respond to that, but he didn't need them. his mate would understand.

and they stayed like that for hours, simply basking in the morning light, at the top of one of many peaks in the scottish country side.

{606 words}

{viscets used / credits}

_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:47 am

please holder post for announced winners.
sorry for the delay, the voting it taking a little time because this weekend has been crazy!

{Prompt 3 Winners & Weekly Raffle Winner}

qualifying/participation: (each user listed here will receive the following: x1 Stubs & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

special mentions: (each user listed here will receive the following: x2 Stubs, Special Potion & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

winners: (each user listed here will receive the following: x3 Stubs, x2 Special Potions & 1 raffle ticket for weekly raffle)

Weekly Raffle 3:
  1. IKEA Lord
  2. ~Teya~
  3. ~Prophecy~
  4. PikachuTori25
  5. oneinthecold
  6. Wobbuffet
  7. ABeardedDragon
  8. Strudel
  9. booklover789
  10. DragonCave
  11. Yugi
  12. humerussin
  13. Macyduke
  14. G1 Sunstreaker
  15. Gallifrey
  16. Kydashing
  17. Mint Chip
  18. _Alex_

weekly raffle 3 winner
#5 - oneinthecold!

Congrats to all our winners! Please check out Prize section for more info on what you won. There are a couple new special items added to the prize section, so be sure to check those out. The prizes cannot be redeemed for roughly 1 week to give us time to get them all recorded. Here is a link to where you can claim your potions / items or weekly raffle prize.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Art created by me

please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - Prompt 4

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:52 am

{ PROMPT 4 : Camping & Campfire Stories }
So many enjoy going camping in the summer or even just building a camp fire to tell stories around! I want to hear about a camping trip or several even, what happened on the trip. Or you can tell me some campfire stories or have your viscets telling a campfire story. Just any of these things will do or you can do it all. I don't mind, I'd love to see what you come up with! Camping with friends, family or really just by yourself can be so much fun and I love a good camp fire story whether it be silly, funny or even spooky so give it your all! You can use as many of your viscets (or other viscets that you have expression permission to use) for the prompt but it must follow the prompt! You can depict the viscet(s) via writing or artwork. In order to participate / qualify you must do a minimum of 300 words or 1 sketch depicting the prompt. You can have a max of 1500 words or 3 art pieces to depict the prompt. Words must follow the prompt, same with the artwork. Make sure to cite the viscets used (and their owners) at the bottom of your page.

rules
    -minimum requirement is 300 words or 1 sketch (sketch should be full body & depict something they are doing)
    -1500 words maximum allowed or 3 art (art can be comics with less than 300 words in the entire comic or full illustrations, animations, etc)
    -in order to qualify minimum requirement must be met & it must be prompt related
dates
    July 3rd - July 7th July 12th | Ends @ 8 pm cst on July 12th

Code: Select all
[center][b]Prompt 4 - Camping and/or Campfire Stories[/b][/center]
username;
{words [b]or[/b] art}
{viscets used / credits}
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Art created by me

please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VISCETS : Summer Prompt Thread - New Prompt pg 11

Postby ~Teya~ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:27 am

Prompt 4 - Camping and/or Campfire Stories

username; ~Teya~
{words or art}

Cynder is trying to tell Muryō a ghost story, but Muryō just keeps smiling and laughing as Cynder tells the story, making it rather hard after awhile for Cynder to continue the scray story and eventually starts laughing as well.

Muryō owned by me, Cynder owned by ~Emmy~, who allowed me to use Cynder.
Last edited by ~Teya~ on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:13 am

username; ~prophecy~

Hali & Keto are on their first camping trip because Keto thought it would be fun and dragged Hali with. At the end of the day they sleep by the fire and Keto snuggles up against Hali.

Gray sits down in the tent to read a horror book with a small battery operated fire light because "surely that still counts."

Samael is disappointed that the fire he made didn't blow up and be huge like he planned.
Last edited by padaleckii on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:27 am, edited 6 times in total.

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ABeardedDragon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:24 am

username; ABeardedDragon
500/500
Kade
Darkness. All Kade can see, as far as the horizon. A blanket of stars glimmer in the blue sky, silver moonlight paints the dewy grass with soft strokes. He is stretched out across the damp hill as he gazes up at the stars. His brown leather book rests in front of him, the stitches coming loose. The blank pages stare back at him. Kade curls his black felt scarf tighter around his neck, feeling the cold breeze. His white ears flick as he listens to the distant call of an owl. With his grey paws, he feels the soft grass beneath him. Still his lavender eyes, drooping and black-ringed, wander to the stars; is someone watching over him? What is out there? Would aliens look like him? Maybe that's his next story. No, a poem. Kade frowns and rubs his weary face. A thousand names run through his head as he thinks about his alien. But no, an alien would not have a name he knows, right?
The nameless alien, he thinks to himself,
lost here and doesn't know what to think.
With that, he puts pen to paper and starts to write anything he can think of. The pen never lifted. Free-writing. For five minutes he writes and when his mind runs blank, he scribbles overlapping circles. Kade lifts his brown wrist, smudging the blank ink by accident. He sighs.
Well, it's readable at least, he thinks.
He takes a ruler and crosses out parts he doesn't like or just doesn't work, cursing whenever the line isn't perfectly straight. Eventually he was left with a few lines. Kade carefully rewrote them on a fresh page, each curve delicately written. Over a few drafts, he reorganised his lines, added and removed words. Near to finished, he stared up at the moon that was sinking towards the hills. He reached into his bag and dug around, groaning when he couldn't find his thesaurus. The viscet rolled onto his back, black striped mane ruffled. Single words ran through his head that could never make a sentence, and for each word he pointed at a different faded star above him. His tail swayed as he closed his eyes, tiredness creeping in. Until he turned over and rubbed his face into his book, the uncapped pen leaving streaks across his cheek. He jumped awake. His shaky hand took his pen and wrote down the words, that he could hardly remember now, under his poem.
I'll add them tomorrow, he thought before folding the corner of his page neatly and slamming his book shut; then flinching at realising how he treated it. He wearily checked it over. The leather back was damp from the soil but that was all. Kade rushed to bring his things into his red tent, quickly pulling the thin fleece blankets over him as he fought off sleep long enough to settle in. His head hit the fluffy pillow, and as his eyes fluttered, soft rain started to pitter around him.

500/500
Viper and Opal.
"I'm not ready for kids yet," Opal sighed.
"It'll be great," Viper said.
"I want to see the world first," she said.
"We could adopt a little older one," he replied.
"I don't want kids," the dark viscet mumbled.
A lie. But it's easier than giving him a full explanation once again. They didn't speak for a while.
"I'll be back, honey," he said as he went to kiss her cheek but she pulled away. As Viper left, he looked back to see her watching him from the sunny clearing.

As soon as he was out of sight, Opal curled up on the floor. She slowly dragged a bag of marshmallows towards her. It crinkled as she tore it open.
So much for this oh so romantic camping trip, she thought as she stuffed them into her mouth, flatly staring into the distance with watery eyes, he never listens.
When she finished the sticky marshmallows she reached for more food. For a while she stared thoughtfully at the packet before shifting away to pick the white daisies in the wild grass.
"He loves me," she plucked a white petal, "he loves me not."
After a few minutes she lost interest and watched the bushes, sighing every time they rustled and her mate didn't appear. Her chest felt like there was a crushing weight on it. Opal curled up tighter and bit her lip, closed her eyes, as she tried to hold back her tears.

Viper lay in wait. For hours. Hidden in the thick brush, he looked out. Soon he heard footsteps and when he saw a shadow pass, the viscet leapt out and tackled the stranger. They fought to get free.
But Viper had done this too many times to count. Almost every attempt of escape was predicted until the pied thief shoved his victim's head against a tree. Hard. Still. Viper searched the ripped pockets of the dazed viscet. A golden necklace fell out, with a red gem barely attached to the scratched frame. He stashed this in his pocket and dragged the viscet into the dense brush where they would eventually wake. With that he made his way back to his love.

She ignored him. In silence, he curled around her and pressed his head against her.
"I'm sorry," he whispered. Opal grumbled something he couldn't make out.
"I just want to leave a piece of me behind," he said, "I don't want to lose you."
He slipped the necklace into her gripping paws and watched. She grasped it tighter but wouldn't open her eyes.
"I don't want to die," he continued, "I'm... scared."
Viper felt her relax. She brushed her tail over his a few times. They didn't say a word as they watched the sun start to set. When the first stars started to appear, Opal pulled herself out from under the weight of her mate. She started the fire and grabbed their second bag of marshmallows.
"Come snuggle me," she said, "over roasted marshmallows."

500/500
Jezebel | tenlittlesoldierboys' Lad
The pair sit by the flickering fire, their dark coats brushed with red light. Next to them, Lord Selvin, their owner sleeps in his tent; the game that they caught is locked away in a blue cooler box. Jezebel closed her yellow eyes as she soaked in the warmth. After today's hunt, she is exhausted. Lad, however, attentively stares into the dark forest. She heard him tread away, four paws snapping brittle twigs and crunching dry leaves. He didn't stop. Jez jumps awake to see his stumped tail fading between the trees. She glanced to their camp then runs after him; blindly crashing into him and both fall over. Startled, Lad fights to get her off of him.
"It's me," she growled as she stood up.
"Oh come on," he murmured. The spotted viscling turned to make his way into the forest again. Jez came to his side and playfully nipped his flopped ears as he tried to push her away.
"You can't go in there," she whispered. Her chocolate tail curled around him, stopping him.
"Why not?" he said.
"Haven't you heard of the ghost?" she asked with wide eyes.
"Uh, n-" Lad replied, "ghosts aren't real."
"Duh," Jez giggled, "of course they are."
"Prove it," he said.
"It's a story for the fire," she starts to walk around him and flicks her tail. Follow.

Back at the camp, the two visclings added more wood to the fire.
"So?" Lad asked, his head up high.
"Well," Jez grinned, "years ago, there was once a wild viscet who was hunted for their pretty pelt."
He looked surprised and the chocolate viscet paused.
"People hunted viscets?" he asked slowly.
"Yep," she said. Lad didn't question where she heard this from; it couldn't be true. He shuffled closer to the fire, feeling his back turn cold.
"Anyway," she waved her paw, "it took forever to catch him but his spirit never settled so he haunts these forests, waiting to get back at hunters. The end."
Jezebel and Lad stared at each other in silence.
"That's it? That's not real, you," he said. Then stopped. Both of their flopped ears perked up at a rustling in the distance. They stepped towards each other. Held their breath. A deathly white face of a viscet peered out of the shadows, eyes glistening. The visclings screamed and scrambled to grab each other, then darted to hide behind their owner's tent.

Silence. Two heads peeked out into the woods. A falling leaf made them jump.
"Is it clear?" they said at the same time. They looked at each other and nervously tip-toed back to the fire, stopping to listen. Lad piled more wood into the flames, making sure the fire was bigger than it should be. The pair curled up, their heads looking out over the other's back. They jumped at any sound. Long into the night, Jez was the first to fall asleep and her restfulness brought comfort to Lad, with him soon closing his eyes.
Last edited by ABeardedDragon on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:48 am

Username; Divantae

Journal Entry 15:"Summer Camp":July 23, 200X

"wip"
[/1500]

Virginia and Merlin
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:13 am

after some thought (because this week has been a busy one for most people) I've decided I'm going to extend this particular prompt week to July 12th to give everyone more time to participate. c:

also the winners have been announced for prompt 3!

ImageImage
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Art created by me

please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets