SoL - The Orphanage (CLOSED)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

SoL - The Orphanage (CLOSED)

Postby Keen » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:27 am

Summit of Legends is closed!

Please see the post in Discord chat for more information.

The Orphanage

Near the Mare herd you see a small group of especially cute and playful foals. There is an Alicorn mare standing guard over them. She moves back and forth in the group, talking with the foals here and there, and sometimes issuing a reprimand to an over-active foal. She glances up and sees you while she is talking to one of the foals. She turns her attention back to the little one until he prances off in another direction. She then jumps up into the air and flies over the foals. She lands lightly next to you.

"Welcome to my little herd, friend! My name is Meara," She says. "I see that my small charges have caught your eye. They are too old to still be with their mothers, but not quite old enough to start their own herds. Some are newly weaned and others are close to adulthood, but you will find all of them to be charming little things." You can see the love in her eyes as she looks at her small herd.

In order to entice one of these adorable creatures into your herd, there are a few things you must know:

1. You must have a herd stallion and an established herd. If you do not have a stallion, go to the Stallion Run and search for one.
2. Know and understand the lore of Arraspel! You cannot lure a foal into your herd if you do not know what you are talking about.
3. Keep to the lore! There are no humans or man-made items. If you include things that have nothing to do with Arraspel, the foal will not even look twice at you and will move on to the next stallion in line.
4. A well-rounded personality and developed character is much more likely to win than a poorly-developed one. Put some effort into your form and you have a much better chance of success.
5. If you are attempting to adopt a foal, you do not need to have a mare, as all foals in this group are already weaned.
6. You may enter for as many foals as you wish, but be sure to follow these rules and remember that you should give yourself time to properly work on the forms. You may only win 2 foals in a Calendar Month, so you may wish to limit your forms to the foals that you especially like.
7. Breaking of these rules will lead to your form being disqualified. The winner is chosen by staff. NO EXTENSIONS will be given to the deadlines. Do not enter for more horses than you can properly develop.
Last edited by Keen on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:28 am

Lined Foals

Currently Available: 0

Last edited by Keen on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SoL - The Orphanage

Postby Keen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:38 am

Round 1 - Week 3 has begun!
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheUnsinkableShips » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:16 am

Username: ~*Warrior Cats*~
Horse Number: 16
Species: Horse
Name: Khayara

Personality: Khayara is a very sweet little filly, who is very affectionate with her herd-mates. She is generally courteous, and respectful of her elders and leaders, overall a very kind horse. However, she is very in control of her emotions, almost never showing them on her face visibly. She keeps a straight face through most events, and so she is very patient and logical, great at solving problems.
She has a mind for quickly and efficiently find answers to questions, all backed up with viable evidence. Any statement she'll make will be based off of cold, hard, facts. She never makes any assumptions without proper investigation, which makes her a very practical and intelligent filly. She is hardly ever wrong about her assumptions either, her claims usually true and accurate. She hardly takes risks when it comes to getting to the bottom of anything.
Khayara is also very ambitious. When she puts her mind to something, she will do everything in her power (Limited as a filly) to get it done, and get it done well. Khay isn't exactly a sympathetic or compassionate filly, and if you stand in her way, she will eliminate you with any viable means. She is always ready to drop everything and do her best to be her best, always putting her best hoof forward.
Aside from all of that, she is very self-controlled and a curious little thing, which only helps during investigations, and has shown even she, who is for the most part emotion-less, has a soft side for horses younger than she. She is often seen around the nesting grounds simply talking to some pf the eggs, and has shown how nurturing she can be.
Moving on to trust, Khayara is trusting of others she trusts, but only to a certain degree. If she thinks the plan will fail, she will not take part in it. If she thinks there are any flaws in what the other is saying, she will back out. Another thing about Khayara is she is a heavy liar, almost never telling the truth. She will only tell you the truth if it makes logical sense, which isn't most of the time. She is quite a good liar too, very persuasive and manipulative. The only horses who can see past her lies are Kiseavi and Bhinabi. Her sugar-sweet polite facade she puts on fools even Ra'id (SAVING POINT)

Tell me about the foal's parents:

I might not be able to finish this form in time for this round, so if it's not done by this evening, please don't count it DX my life got really busy all of the sudden, so I may not be able to enter this round. Sorry!
Last edited by TheUnsinkableShips on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
▓▓ ████
▓▓ ─♔──
▓▓ ████
ImagexxxImage

𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
▓▓▓
▓▓▓
▓▓▓
▓▓▓

─────────┘
─────── 𝑺𝑾𝑰𝑴 ─ ⋯ ──
𝑰𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 ▓
x
▒▒▒▒▒▒
┌──┐┌─┐
└──┘└─┘

██

██
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ▓
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ▓
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ─
┌─────────────┐

Hello there!
Call me Ships <3
I love drawing, horses,
and writing! If there's a
fandom, I'm probably in it,
and would love to chat
about it! Just pm!

└─────────────┘

Image Image
█ 𝐀𝐈𝐑
█ 𝐀𝐈𝐑
┌───────────┐
k~f - errp - rise - vok
boer - link - link - ©

└───────────┘
TheUnsinkableShips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:23 am

One foal at a time for this one ^-^

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iStarz & Everly » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:07 am

Username: iStarz
Horse Number: #2
Name: Suda

Personality:
When you first meet Suda, she can come off as tomboyish and headstrong, shes also very determined. While she can sometimes be short-tempered when things don't go her way. Suda is also very free-spirited and likes to be adventurous, discovering new things and learning all she can. But sometimes her curiosity and her intellect get her into trouble.
Suda is a bundle of energy, eager to seek anything and everything in her small world. She wants to expand her life. Suda has and extreme and intense desire to focus on the details of her immediate interests. She can be overly particular in things that matter to her, but some may say that she can be considered fussy, but this is only because she is attracted to knowledge and is very curious. Suda can be very lax in things that she doesnt care much about but she always strives to complete tasks to her standards. She is very thorough, and the things she is interested in are of great importance to her. Sometimes she can be a bit inconsistent. Some times she can be very invested in things and others she doesnt much care about them.
Suda sometimes finds it hard to express herself and doesnt much care about what others think of her. She can be fairly stubborn, but she is mostly shy and is fairly nervous around horses she doesnt know. She is know to sometimes act irrationally around strangers and do drastic thing to get the approval of others. Suda can be explained as a bit high maintenance, she needs something to constantly occupy her mind. She can be defiant, and maybe a bit overbearing when it comes to things hes is passionate about.
Suda is very opinionated and sometimes it seems like she enjoys arguing her point. Suda is also still a kid, she loves to just enjoy life and play with the other orphans. She is a bit of a spitfire that shows when shes raring to play. But, Suda dreams of the day she will be adopted by someone who will love her and take care of her. As Suda has grown up, her motherly instincts have taken a larger priority in her personality and when she is an adult she will be an amazing mom, giving her foals a life that she hasn't really had.
When she is comfortable around someone, they learn that Suda is very delicate with everything and everyone she comes in contact with, and the amazing part is she is still fairly young. Her wisdom and grace are amazing for her age. She seems to always be optimistic and see only the good in everything and everyone. She hardly ever makes any sort of mistake, but when she does she doesn't let it bother her. She is also very affectionate and loving and likes to take everyone under her wing. She likes to offer help, even to someone who doesnt need help. She likes to make others happy and hates seeing them sad.

(505 Words)

Tell me about the foal's parents: WIP

EDITED ^^
Last edited by iStarz & Everly on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:38 am

υѕєяηαмє jesdar16
нσяѕє ηυмвєя #11
ѕρє¢ιєѕ Horse
αgє 2 years
ηαмє Salah Poék (means "dark one" in Sundanese) Nickname is Salah
ρєяѕσηαℓιту
Salah is a very dependent, clingy filly, anyone who shows her some sort of kindness she sticks to like glue. She relies heavily on others for directions, for food, for really anything, and she doesn't think for herself. She's content with taking a back seat and letting others do the decision making for her. She's always been a follower rather than a leader, and she hates being alone.
Salah can usually be found with a friend and enjoys the spotlight or any sort of attention, being alone scares her. She never takes on challenges or does anything by herself. She can be quite lazy as well, asking others to do the work for her instead of learning how to do it herself. Due to being coddled so much she hasn't learned how to take care of herself. She trusts easily and has incredible persuasion skills, easily able to sway someone to her side. Salah is never willing to take chances and sometimes she needs a little push from behind to get her to try something new. She's not very organized and is very forgetful, any task that is given to her is forgotten if she hasn't pawned it off on someone else. Her manners need some work as well, she can be disruptive and not realize she's interrupting someone's conversation. She acts like the world revolves around her, because to her, it does. She can be sarcastic and sassy, often having a crude sense of humor. She may unintentionally hurt someone's feelings without realizing and once she does realize, does nothing to fix it. She has a hard time taking "no" for an answer, and will argue with someone until she gets her way. She acts spoiled quite often. Salah is also very impatient, once she does get her way she expects it to be done as fast as possible. She dislikes waiting, for anything, and will make everyone drop what they're doing to go help her. She's quite troublesome, getting herself into trouble and not understanding the consequences or fighting them. She is generally friendly to everyone at the start, she enjoys making friends, but she has a hard time keeping friends due to her clingy and needy disposition. She can be quite obnoxious with her interruptions and is also a germophobe, she dislikes getting dirty and relies heavily on others grooming her to keep her clean. She can come off as greedy as well, she can bully someone out of getting what she wants and likes to hoard pretty objects. She has a sharp tongue and that's her main weapon to get others to do what she wants. If that doesn't work she's not afraid to use her hooves. She is quite demanding, but on the bright side, she is very curious and adventurous, she likes to explore, as long as there's someone with her to explore with. Her heart may seem cold but she does enjoy having friends and if she loses a close friend she can be down in the dumps for days at a time.
All in all, Salah is clingy, dependent, and demanding, with hints of sassiness. She's usually able to get what she wants but has an ultimate fear of being dirty. She loves to explore as long as she's with someone she cares about.

ѕαℓαн'ѕ ραяєηтѕ
Salah's parents were apart of a large herd in the Albarari grasslands. Made up entirely of horses, the herd was fairly well known.
The stallion of the herd was named Wengi, which means "night" in Sundanese. He was a shiny black paint color with a flowing mane and tail. He was Salah's sire. One of the mares in the herd was a young grullo named Inkanyezi, which means "star" in Zulu. Inkanyezi's first and only foal was Salah. Salah was born on a sweet summer day in the midst of a deathly heat. Most of the herd was starving, but foaling season had arrived and foals were starting to come into the world. Inkanyezi gave birth in the dry heat of the sun with Wengi trotting around, his ears alert, knowing that the smell of blood could alert predators.
Inkanyezi was a simple mare, she never asked for much and gave a lot, she was well-mannered and kind. She was well liked by most of the herd. Wengi on the other hoof, was pretty close to the opposite. He was quite demanding and enjoyed ruling over the mares like a dictator. It took some time for the lead mare to take action and put him under control. He tried to fill the herd with as many foals as possible, taking in any stray mares he could find.
Salah grew up with opposing parents. She lived like a slave underneath her father, and treated like a princess by her mother.
By the time Salah was weaned, she had not yet learned how to be independent, and was really only off of Inkanyezi's milk. She still stuck by her mother closely and Inkanyezi feared that if Salah became independent, Wengi would treat her more like a slave.
Inkanyezi snuck into the night with Salah by her side. Wengi was fast asleep, totally unaware of the two leaving. They were gone by morning.
They lived together for a while, away from the cruel stallion's command, until a dust storm over the dried grasslands took Inkanyezi. The mare died of unknown causes, at least to Salah. Salah spent many days grieving and was eventually found by Meara, the caring alicorn.

ѕтσяу
Salah was wandering away from Meara's herd one day. The little black and white filly was nearing two years old now, she had spent about half of her life with Meara and lost her mother when she was a yearling. Beside her was a close friend,
the two foals trotted off into the grasslands when Meara wasn't looking.
They were quickly stopped by the appearance of a black alicorn mare gazing at them with kind eyes, who appeared suddenly from behind a rock. The mare's body was colored peculiarly, with the markings of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, all over her body. Aquamarine eyes and a long, sharp, similarly colored horn were placed delicately on her head and her hooves were of the same shade.
"Greetings, little ones. You are a ways away from Meara's little herd." The mare said, dipping her head.
"W-we were going to explore the g-grasslands!" The other foal said boldly, his little tail stuck up high in the air.
"Were you now?" The black mare said with a small chuckle, flicking her long white, elemental-colored tipped tail. "Is that the best idea?"
"Um.."
"I would think not. The grasslands are dangerous for such young horses such as yourselves. You could get hurt out here." The mare turned to look at the endless stretch of scant grasses. "I suggest you stay with your caretaker. I'm sure Meara is worried sick about you now." To prove the alicorn's point, Meara came flying over the grass, her eyes scanning the ground for the two missing foals.
"Ah, Aivah, I see you've found my lost foals." Meara chuckled, landing beside the mare named Aivah and folding her wings. Aivah let out a nicker and nudged the two small horses back to the other mare. "That I have.. they wanted to explore the grasslands."
"Nothing short of what I've seen from these two." Meara replied sympathetically, giving them a hard stare before glancing back at Aivah. "Thank you for stopping them.. I couldn't bear to see them get hurt out here." With a small shake of her head, Meara began to lead them back to the small herd of foals.
Aivah just shook her head in amusement, then spread her large white wings and took to the skies.

"Meara.. who is Aivah?" Salah asked later after they had returned to the foals.
"She's another one of the alicorns. She fought in the Great War." Meara replied.
"Oh." The other foal said.
"We should go back to the grasslands again tomorrow!" Salah said eagerly to her friend when Meara's back was turned.
"I don't know.. Aivah will just stop us again."
"She can't stop us if she can't find us!" Salah said persuasively, galloping off into the herd of young horses.

Lines by Moonncloud and gator vocals
Last edited by jesdar16 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Round 1 - Week 3 Results

Postby Keen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:24 am

Round 1 Results

~*Warrior Cats*~
Character development:
Incomplete form.

iStarz & Everly
Character development:
Incomplete form.

Jesdar16
Horse: 011
Character development: 552 words
I like the feisty nature of the foal. There isn't much in the way of critique to offer except to be sure that all components of the personality match up with each other. You say she does not like to take risks but that she is adventurous.
One last point I want to make about your forms: Feel free to state the meaning of the names, but since there are no other languages in Arraspel, leave out the original language it came from.

Congrats, Foal #011 is yours!
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:06 am

Round 2 - Week 4 has begun!

Since this week is short, the word minimum for the personality section is reduced to 300!

-Sharp-as-Night

-Bastian Hallix

Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iStarz & Everly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:18 am

Username: iStarz
Horse Number: #2
Name: Suda

Personality:
When you first meet Suda, she can come off as tomboyish and headstrong, shes also very determined. While she can sometimes be short-tempered when things don't go her way. Suda is also very free-spirited and likes to be adventurous, discovering new things and learning all she can. But sometimes her curiosity and her intellect get her into trouble.
Suda is a bundle of energy, eager to seek anything and everything in her small world. She wants to expand her life. Suda has and extreme and intense desire to focus on the details of her immediate interests. She can be overly particular in things that matter to her, but some may say that she can be considered fussy, but this is only because she is attracted to knowledge and is very curious. Suda can be very lax in things that she doesnt care much about but she always strives to complete tasks to her standards. She is very thorough, and the things she is interested in are of great importance to her. Sometimes she can be a bit inconsistent. Some times she can be very invested in things and others she doesnt much care about them.
Suda sometimes finds it hard to express herself and doesnt much care about what others think of her. She can be fairly stubborn, but she is mostly shy and is fairly nervous around horses she doesnt know. She is know to sometimes act irrationally around strangers and do drastic thing to get the approval of others. Suda can be explained as a bit high maintenance, she needs something to constantly occupy her mind. She can be defiant, and maybe a bit overbearing when it comes to things hes is passionate about.
Suda is very opinionated and sometimes it seems like she enjoys arguing her point. Suda is also still a kid, she loves to just enjoy life and play with the other orphans. She is a bit of a spitfire that shows when shes raring to play. But, Suda dreams of the day she will be adopted by someone who will love her and take care of her. As Suda has grown up, her motherly instincts have taken a larger priority in her personality and when she is an adult she will be an amazing mom, giving her foals a life that she hasn't really had.
When she is comfortable around someone, they learn that Suda is very delicate with everything and everyone she comes in contact with, and the amazing part is she is still fairly young. Her wisdom and grace are amazing for her age. She seems to always be optimistic and see only the good in everything and everyone. She hardly ever makes any sort of mistake, but when she does she doesn't let it bother her. She is also very affectionate and loving and likes to take everyone under her wing. She likes to offer help, even to someone who doesnt need help. She likes to make others happy and hates seeing them sad.

(505 Words)

Tell me about the foal's parents:
Suda's mom and dad were once kind and carring towarders her when she was fairly young, but as soon as she became more independent, they became uninvolved with her. After they their a second foal, all they seemed to care about was the little colt to carry on their legacy. They neglected Suda and eventually she wondered off on her own when a scout found her and brought her to Meara.

(After i worked to get 500 words :? )
Last edited by iStarz & Everly on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me