A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Discussion/Characters)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Discussion/Characters)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:04 pm

Code: Select all
[left][img]Image/FC[/img][/left][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (written description, if not using an image)

[b]Personality:[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences)

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

[b]Other[/b]:[/size]

Notes:
- PM reservations preferred, though feel free to post a character form for an open role.
- This is indeed a medieval setting, so keep that in mind when making your characters - there's plenty of medieval name generators/lists for inspiration!
- Additionally, remember that magic is outlawed, so characters with it would do well to not draw attention to themselves.
- The roleplay will start when 10 roles have been filled, with character forms.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The King - Eadric Beaumont

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:08 pm

Full Name: Eadric Beaumont
Nickname: Eadric, Your Highness, My Lord, Sire.
Pronouns: He/Him/His.
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Role: The King of Isildra.
Appearance: An older man with short, salt and pepper hair, and dark grey eyes that are an average eye shape. He stands tall, at 6'1", accentuated by the formal, rigid posture, and has a somewhat muscular build. He has a slightly prominent chin and a broad jawline. There is a scar on his left shoulder, from a battle injury that still causes him some pain. He has a slightly tanned skin tone.

Personality: Dedicated to the protection and preservation of Isildra, Eadric is a ruthless, somewhat arrogant ruler. He loves his kingdom and people, and thus his actions are guided in doing what he perceives is right. While he can be reasoned with most of the time, any defiance or disrespect is retaliated against. At even the mere mention of magic, Eadric will be merciless and entirely unable to be reasoned with, considering those that even work with a sorcerer to be a traitor.
While he holds his children and ward to high standards, particularly the crown prince to prepare him for becoming king, he does deeply care for them and is protective of them, and is known to occasionally joke with them.

Short Bio: Eadric took over the throne of Isildra 25 years ago. While he has never liked magic, always being wary of it, he used to not outright hate it. Until an incident that cost the life of his wife and a close friend - as well as almost his young children - made his mind set, convinced that all magic was evil. As a result, he sought to capture and destroy all sorcerers and users of magic. Since then, he has never considered bending his stance on magic. Taking in his close friend's child as a ward, he has since raised all three in the hopes that they would also hate magic and see it like he does for the evil it is.

Other: N/A
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Visiting Royal - Vivienne Griswold

Full Name: Vivienne Griswold
Nickname: Viv, Your Highness, My Lady.
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexuality: Lesbian.
Role: The Visiting Royal.
Appearance: Vivienne has long, raven black hair that is curly, though often tied back in an elaborate braid that reaches her mid-back. Her eyes are dark, ambery brown in colour and have a slight prominent shape to them. She stands at 5'6", making her about average height, and while she has a formal posture, it's not quite so rigid, and she has an athletic build with a little muscle. Vivienne also has a heart-shaped face with a sharp jawline and well-placed cheekbones. Her dark skin tone does not have any scars, though she does have a pale birthmark just behind her left ear.

Personality: Vivienne is a warm presence, lighting up a room when she enters, and her absence goes noticed. She is courteous and elegant - the epitome of what a princess should be. At least, for the most part. She is also something of a tomboy, being particularly skilled in horseback riding and sword fighting. Vivienne can be somewhat impulsive, going off to do what she wants when she thinks of it. She is also fairly stubborn, refusing to change her mind when she has decided on something. This does cause the occasional argument.

Short Bio: Vivienne is the only child of the sovereign of the kingdom of [name]. She always had the pressure, growing up, knowing she would be Queen when she is older. Despite the pressure, though, she's looking forward to the day she'll be crowned queen - even though she's also quite nervous and knowing what that would mean. She started horseback riding when she was only 4, and then started training with a sword when she was 8 - both of which are skills she's highly proficient with.

Other:
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Knight - Alistair de Beville.

Full Name: Alistair de Beville
Nickname: Sir Alistair.
Pronouns: He/His/Him
Sexuality: Bisexual
Role: The Knight.
Appearance: Alistair has very short, mid-brown hair and his eyes are dark blue, with an average eye shape. He is very tall, standing at 6'5" and towering over most people. His posture is quite formal, though is more relaxed when not on duty. He has a very muscular build, and is known to be one of the stronger of the knights. He has a broad, well-defined jawline and well-placed cheekbones. Alistair has a fair skin tone, with a handful of faded scars here and there from previous battles and training.

Personality: Alistair is a loyal, honest knight, though he is also very warm and friendly. He does not take things too seriously - though knows when he absolutely has to - and encourages a little bit of letting loose. He is very confident, though this does mean he may occasional over-estimate himself, especially if up against an unknown creature, but is courageous in that he'll be willing to protect the Royal Family, no matter what. Alistair is wary of magic, however, and has made it known that he will report anyone he finds out that does use magic, out of a need to protect the Royal Family.

Short Bio: From the noble family of de Beville, who has sworn loyalty to Isildra and King Eadric, Alistair always knew that he would become a knight and protect the kingdom. He has trained hard, and his family often visited the palace when he was younger and therefore became good friends with the Crown Prince. At the age of 23, he went into official knight training, where he first proved himself worthy and soon enough was officially knighted. Maybe there is more for him out there than just being a knight, but he is happy where he stands.

Other:
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Land of Myth, and a Time of Magic (Discussion/Characte

Postby Scorpioness » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:39 am

[img]Image/FC[/img]
Full Name: Azu Inber
Nickname (if any): Magpie, Grey Silver (false name), Adah
Pronouns: he/him
Sexuality: demisexual gay
Role: The Prince's Servant
Appearance: Azu is the classsic case of long and lanky body type, however he isn't tall, just on the taller side of averge height, he's quite slender with light graceful dance-like movements. He's very attractive young man possesing androgynous features that seem to have some feline-like quality to them -especially his eyes. Azu has pale skin with delicate freckles on his nose and beauty mark under his visible eye, he has silverish grey hair, which reach a little below his waist and creates quite impressive mane as he says, all of this due to its tendency to curl gently at the tips. His eyes are naturally silver with a violet tint, but his other eye which he covers with decorated eyepatch is gold with an ancient array-like looking symbol covering whole pupil - a rare mark of magic seen only in older magic families, despite visible scars and discolored darker skin peeking out from the eyepatch both of his eyes work just fine.

Personality: A charming young man with gremlin tendencies, he acts a little like a playful magpie - he can be loud at times and tease too much, but overall he's not a bad person, maybe a little lazy, but that's it. Sometimes he needs a light bonk in the head from fellow royal servants to get in line and get his act together. Azu is more reseved around strangers and those he dislikes.

Short Bio: He was adopted and trained by the royal spymaster (NPC minister) to be competent royal servant - meaning that he is regular servant, but be able to guarantee safety of the heir when royal guards aren't around. Azu was too young to remember his parents or older brother, but due to some accident they were either split up or just straight up they abandoned him, probably they were imprisoned on the border of Isildra Kingdom. Two days later he was found by guards and because it was impossible to find his parents, he had beed quite litterally thrown to local over-populated orphanage. Young Azu was already using false name, when he run away from that place and by sheer luck made it to the royal city with a group of beggars wandering around the country. Somehow he gained attention of the royal spymaster, who saw potential in the young child and took him from the streets.

Other:
- Azu is known in the palace as Grey, not even fellow royal servants know his real name,
- He collects shiny trinkets,
- Somehow got adopted by local corvids

Magic: Azu is able to bend and manipulate any kind of metal that's within his power range (currently it is 3.5m radius, but with more training it can be expanded), he can't create metal from thin air, he can only summon metals that are within his range. This means that he can carry any kind of metal on him and shape it into a weapon - an ability perfect for assasin or silently guarding the royal family, since for example he can use his bracer as a dagger or claws and return it to original form right after. Harder metals and large metal objects are harder to bend and shape. However he tends to fight without a weapon, so he relies mostly on martial arts in combat... He might be thin, but he is very fast and flexible, his legs are very strong despite his unassuming looks.
Last edited by Scorpioness on Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scorpioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:01 pm

Full Name: Ivar Musius
Nickname: Ivar
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexuality: Straight
Role: The Court Physician
Appearance: See image

Personality: Ivar is a caring person who wishes nothing more than to see his patients healed. He likes using old fashioned methods of healing what ails people, and he's always willing to keep a secret for his friends. He likes to have light hearted banter with the people he trusts, and he acts cautious but still his usual self around those he distrusts. He also doesn't despise magic like the King does, however he refuses to use it in most scenarios unless it's absolutely necessary.

Short Bio: Ivar was born into a noble family who practised healing people, with both science and magic before the King had magic banned. Ivar was taught by his parents how to make all sorts of ointments and cures to help people, however on the side he also practised magic, using it in his medicine sometimes to bolster it's effect. Due to his proficiency with making medicine, he was appointed by the King to be the court physician around 20 years ago, which also happened to be around the time magic was banned. Because of this, Ivar stopped practising magic for fear of the consequences, however he kept making medicines for the royal family, and as such he became quite close to the King. Ivar had also became quite close friends with the Archivist over the years, as he used many of the books in the library to teach him how to make a cure for almost any illness he might come across.

Other: He has limited magical abilities however he refuses to use or tell anyone about them fearing the consequences if the King found out.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firelight_AA » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:31 pm

Full Name: Kaylessa Wolfleader
Nickname (if any): Kay/wolf
Pronouns: She/her
Sexuality: Unknown
Role: Druid
Appearance: Dark blond hair(long), fair skin, blue eyes, 5' 0", 100 pounds, thin, Attire: Wears a warrior/hunter outfit, think Robin Hood with leather armor. Dark green cloak with a howling wolf on it.
Weapons: Carries a bow with arrows made out of wood and a wooden sword
Personality: Good traits: Gentle, kind, understanding, loyal, smart, brave, merciful, loyal, easy going.
Neutral traits: Mellow, Noncompetitive, quiet, reserved, undemanding.
Bad traits: Naïve, clumsy(sometimes), opinionated, petty(Sometimes) disobedient, forgetful.
Likes: Turning into a wolf, playing, victory howls, being one with nature, taking care of animals.
Dislikes: Anyone disrespecting nature,
Fears: Losing her home and animal friends.
Hates: Deforestation, sport hunting, anyone making animals go extinct.
Others: Is introverted

Short Bio: Kay was always different from everyone, not in to violence or any "normal" human activities. She liked being a loner and preferred animals over people. One day her village was attacked by goblins and their worgs, she managed to escape into the woods and found by druids in wolf form. After seeing how great she was with animals they raised her to be a druid. She now lives in the forest and cares for the animals that live there. Although right now she's hiding.
Last edited by Firelight_AA on Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I have Autism more specifically Asperger's so please go easy on me if I'm not posting.
I have a Toyhouse now! https://toyhou.se/Firelight_folf
Image Orange Glow
Firelight_AA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Visiting Sovereign - Ceolmund Griswold

Postby Rae'tia » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:08 pm

Full Name: Ceolmund Griswold
Nickname: Deadmane, Ceol, Your Highness, My Lord, Sire.
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexuality: Bisexual Homoromantic
Role: The Visiting Sovereign
Appearance: Ceolmund isn't what anyone would call tall, of course, they wouldn't call him short either - not if they want to keep their tongue. Ceolmund is about five foot nine a good middle ground and weighs about one hundred and seventy-one pounds. While he's not built like a brick, the man has compact and lean muscles making him less of a hulking mass and more of a gray area. Ceolmund has dark umber skin, curly black hair, and dark brown eyes. Said hair is often cut close to his head or just shaved off, sometimes he has stubble, or a goatee, or even from time to time a full beard, or just plain clean-shaven. He has no noticeable scars.

Personality:Ceolmund isn't the warmest of people, with more formal language, and his tendency to keep his distance from others that much is obvious. He's the type that's slow to warm to others, most relationships burning low and slow, something with substance rather than relationships that burn hot and fast. While he tends to keep his opinions close to his chest, he does tend to be rather blunt when expressing them. While he's known to be warm and patient with the few he's truly close to - family or not - it's his cold nature that takes the cake. To the point of callousness, the moment that someone makes an enemy of him, all bets are off no matter the relationship before. His pride is something that is constant but usually lowkey, and something he gives out sparingly. For the most part, he's mostly led a solitary life outside his people's needs and his duties as ruler. If you don't count his role in his sole heir and daughter's life, along with his daughter is probably the softest anyone will ever see him.

Short Bio: Ceolmund took over as the Ruler of his home just over twenty-five years ago, after his father, died of a sickness that had run rampant in the capital of the kingdom. He was and has since been the sole Ruler of Pririn, despite being married once. His former Wife and Himself had a very clear contract between the two, citing an heir or two the the duo before they could even think of seeking out a mistress or lover. Some of his advisors demand for a son to be born, and be made heir, but Ceolmund has never been one to bow to pressure and made his only child and daughter his heir and future queen.

Other: FC is Charles Michael Davis.

Trivia: 1. Ceolmund is derived from the Old English elements ceol "keel" and mund "protection". 2. The Nickname Deadmane came from his prowess fighting on horseback, as it is where he is his deadliest. 3. Ceolmund has exactly one Hobby that he had that his parents vehemently disapproved of as a child, that he now actively does to spite them. Apparently, Art wasn't something suitable for a crown prince to dabble within his parent's eyes. Lord knows why. 4. He carries around a lock of hair from each of the deceased loved ones within a locket that he rarely parts with. It's either around his neck, in a pocket, or attached to part of his weapon. 5. Tentively themed by Rok Nardin's Where is your god now and BrunuhVille's The Wolf And The Moon.
Last edited by Rae'tia on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Mysterious Arrival - Eldrid

Postby Rae'tia » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:30 pm

Full Name: Eldrid Reidun
Nickname (if any): Eld
Pronouns: She/They
Sexuality: Demisexual
Role: The Mysterious Arrival
Appearance: Basics - Eldrid is of an average height, about 5'7 and weighs about one hundred and thirty-one pounds. She has a slender almost willowy body, with lean muscle and fair skin. Her hair is long and thick, a dark raven black in color, usually found in an intricate braid or a plain bun. Their eyes are a mess of vibrant hues of purples, shades tend to edge towards a darker shade in the morning hours(Plum/Muave), and lighter shades in the afternoon(Lilac/Lavender). Around noon, her eyes take on a more middle hue, like a violet or lighter orchid color. Large burn scar on the back of her upper left thigh curling around to her front stopping just below her left breast. She does carry Twin Daggers for protection during her travels, they are more often than not lightly dipped with a slow-acting - or fast-acting - poison or venom, of which she caries a neutralizer/antidote. She also has a foreign accent, having lived most of her life far from Isildra.

Personality: Loyalty is something Eldrid knows, but doesn't always prescribe to. Loyalties change like the wind, blowing one way one second then changing direction the next. Suspicion is in her very soul, trust is rare, and true loyalty even rarer. Which oddly ties in with her predatory nature quite nicely, though it has two sides. Hunger, both for revenge against those who have wronged or betrayed her or as a tool of seduction. When you first meet her, it'll be her wittiness and sarcasm that catch the attention of others. Her humor is rather dry and on occasion morbid - though inwardly it's mostly morbid, as she has a working internal self-censor. Her determination is clear to see, though her motives aren't always clear, but that's neither here nor there. Eldrid is very creative, and when in a creative zone, she tends to forget the world, which can lead to problems. When in her zone, any reaction or spoken word tends to have a cutting edge to it, from an insensitive comment to a scathing and cruel reply.

Short Bio: She was born to a traveling band, some of which used magic. The band made the mistake of not believing the rumors of King Eadric Beaumont's actions towards any magic users. Eldrid's mother was a magic user and was taken from her not long after they'd entered Isildra, like many others. Her father took her, the only magic user among her siblings, and fled. Once they were far away and much safer, he forbade her to use magic, which she disobeyed, quite often. After an accident that burned their little home down and left her permanently scarred, she left to return to Isildra.

Other: FC is Anua Chalotra.

Trivia:1. Fears Fire. 2. In terms of magic, Eldrid isn't a master, she excels at most shape-changing, and divining the past and future, most things she's utterly average, but she struggles with elemental magics. 3. Eldrid means Beautiful Fire and is of old Norse Origin. Reidun means Nest/Home and is also of Old Norse Origin. 4. She has no post-revenge plans and is honestly a little panicked about it. 5. tentatively themed by Eurielle's Carry Me, and Peter Gundrys A Blackened Heart.
Last edited by Rae'tia on Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:49 pm

Interesting characters so far everyone!
But there seems to be a little bit of confusion about the magic aspect - magic doesn't have to be one specific thing your character can do, it's more a general magic in the form of spells that can be cast (whether spoken or not).
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me