The Coming Darkness Characters and Discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

The Coming Darkness Characters and Discussion

Postby Dracowolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Here is a repeat of rules and character info:

The main characters of this RP will be shifters, at this time no hunters will be selected.

You can be as creative as you want with making your creature but within reason. I expect characters to be balanced. If you want inspiration for your character’s shift, look to mythology. Egyptian mythology you can be a messenger if Anubis taking on a form like his or another of their gods. Greek Hydras and minotaurs. Norse had the Lindworm and Landvættir. You get the idea. Of course you can also adapt your own, as I said be as creative as you want, just make it fit the world.

This being said there are creatures I will not allow in the typical sense. I will not allow any demons as they are the main enemy.

Now there are two types of guardians.
The experienced, there are 5 of them they are the strongest and all over the age of 27. They know of the dangers coming.

The inexperienced (New), the youngest they can be is 16, oldest is 65. They don’t know what’s going on yet or how to control what they are.

When making your character, all creatures are mortal now, their lifespan is that of a human. You cannot be thousands of years old or unknown.

You can have as many characters as you want but only 1 experienced guardian per person.

To make this easy this will be happening in a no name modern, major city. The experienced guardians have a modified warehouse where they meet up and can build a training ground outside the city.

For history this can include country of origin, if they're related to a previous guardian though a bloodline or if they are an adult what they do for a living. Their jobs would alter what skills they have.

RP Rules
1. Above all else, use logic. Skilled fighters won’t struggle against a novice fighter. Equal fighters will struggle and won’t dodge any attack. If you’re making your character dodge everything and land every hit, it will not end well.
2. If your character does something stupid more than once, they will have consequences and that could be death.
3. Grammar and spelling are important. No text talk, mistakes happen but try. I understand typos and autocorrects. Please also give everyone something to work with when you reply, we can’t reply to one word posts.
4. Please avoid writing in the first person, it’s disorienting to go from reading third person replies to a first person.
5. Give people something to work with in terms of your reply.
6. Take all OOC and characters to the discussion thread.
7. This RP is laid back in terms of how quickly replies are expected. Try not to push it, I know people get excited but let's avoid leaving anyone behind.
8. You can have whatever mini plot you desire.

You can make your own form but it must have the following:
Code: Select all
Name:
Human Appearance:

Creature:
Creature Description:
Experienced or New:

Skills: (Learned as a human)

Abilities: (Natural abilities from the creature side)

Personality:

History of Note:

Other:
Last edited by Dracowolf on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Coming Darkness Characters and Discussion

Postby Dracowolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Known Creatures:
Equine:
Centaurs, Draconic Steed, Unicorn, Pegasus, Kelpie, Hippocampus, Qilin, Ipotane
Reptiles:
Dragons, Hydras, Lindworm, Baskilisk, Wyvern, Naga
Feline:
Sphinx, Gryphon, Weretigers, Manticore, Chimera, Pixiu
Canine:
Werewolves, Direwolves, Child of Fenrir, Cerberus, Kitsune, Dragon Wolf
Other:
Aspect of the Gods (Pick an Egyptian god, take on their likeness), Minotaurs, Mermaids, Yeti, Troll, Phoenix, Siren, Harpy
*Remember you can always add a new creature, mythological or made up

Experienced Guardians
2/5

1. Leon - 29 - Aspect of Ra
2. Murphy - Kelpie
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open

New Guardians
(Unlimited)

Robert Bane (Bane) - 18 - Dragon Wolf
Natalia Svear - 17 - Werewolf (Humanoid)
Geren - 16 - Gryphon
Zavier - 21 - Cerberus
Arcaniss - 24 - Dragon
Riley - 16 - Siren
Felicia - 24 - Wyvern
Rosalina Anne - 18 - Mermaid
Open
Last edited by Dracowolf on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Held Spot because spots
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Name: Leon
Human Appearance: Leon stands straight making his already tall height seem like even more, at 6'4", he carries himself like someone from the military almost. Extremely fit, Leon certainly looks the part of a skilled fighter. His light brown hair is kept short, though has a little bit more length in the front. His blue eyes are constantly searching and planning. Wearing an old brown leather jacket that he never zips up, over top a black shirt he doesn't really care what the weather is, he doesn't zip up the jacket. He dose have an officer's uniform that he has when working.

Creature: Aspect of Ra
Creature Description: Leon's body remains human for the most part. His head becomes that of a hawk, the feathers extending down to his shoulder before going into a hardened and well defined muscled skin. His hands appear human but end in talon like claws. Unlike most depictions of someone like him, Leon does have massive hawk wings to allow flight, they sometimes will act as a shield against fire fore close by allies.
Experienced or New: Experienced

Skills: Marksmanship, gun and knife use, survival

Abilities: By day an Aspect of Ra is capable of calling down a line of fire and when more experienced, lighting as a weapon. They do take flight and have vision far greater than a human. He is immune to fire due to his relation with a sun god. By night he is weaker but it doesn't mean he can't fight at night, it just limits what he can do. At his experience he is able to use lightning at night for brief periods of time.

Personality: Leon comes off as sarcastic and rude. He's not really a team player but it doesn't mean he thinks he can do this job alone, he just doesn't tend to like being partnered, especially with newbies. He doesn't like to see people get taken advantage of though and has no problem making his opinion known. He's not against a little threatening to get what he needs.

History of Note: Leon was called to be a guardian at the age of 16. He knew bit and pieces of their history from his grandfather who passed down stories of his father. Leon didn't take them seriously until the mark appeared on his shoulder and he chose to learn more from his grandfather before he died. At first Leon didn't take the change seriously, the idea of it all being real meant his life as he knew it was over. That was until he saw his first minor demon in person. He struck it down when it threatened a friend of his.

Leon learned more and more as time went. Once he was done with school he knew his father wouldn't let him just sit around, his father had always been a strict man who worked for the military. His father had taken him camping many times before and instilled the importance of survival and being able to fight into him and with such a man it meant Leon had to make up his mind soon. As a result rather than join the military, Leon became a police officer, where he ultimately got a lot more gun training than he already has. He's rather decently ranked now, moving into the homicide department. He uses his position to look into strange events and to keep the cops from getting into the way of demons.

Leon lives with his dog, Ajax, in an apartment building.

Other:
Last edited by Dracowolf on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:19 am

Name: Natalia Svear
Human Appearance: Natalia is slim, and rather average in height, around 5'4". Her body is well toned from years of running and fighting, and despite her size she packs a punch. She has green eyes but as anyone with green eyes will tell you, certain lighting makes them look different, direct sunlight often causes green eyes to look a striking yellow. A red head, Natalia could easily stand out in a crowd. Her skin is rather pale despite being out in the sun often enough, she doesn't seem to tan that well though she doesn't seem unhealthy. She holds herself in such a way where she could either disappear into a crowd or stand out of it, just based on what she feels like doing, though naturally she stands and gives off the general vibe of if you come near her she will punch you. She carries a very light Russian accent when she speaks though he actual voice has song like qualities to it, at least when she's being nice. You will never hear her sing, yell for you to back off probably will hear that, but sing? No. For the most part she speaks harshly to others.

Skills: Natalia is fairly well fit with a tactical mind. She's used to fighting in the streets.

Abilities: Speed, natural weapons from claws and bite, enhanced strength.

Creature: Werewolf (Humanoid)
Creature Description: Natalia remains slim but gains a foot in height. Her body becomes covered in thick black fur that lays flat against her, going along the powerfully toned muscles. While remaining humanoid her body takes on a wolf appearance, tail, ears, fur the works.
Experienced or New: New

Personality: Natalia is sarcastic, rude and hard. She doesn't tend to get along with many others and there's a reason for that, her guard is always up. It always has been. Once her trust is earned, Natalia is loyal to her core. She cares deeply about those who get near her and will do anything to keep them safe. If you tick her off she will make you her enemy though.

History of Note: Natalia is in highschool but is known for skipping a lot, she's smart and gets bored in class so she doesn't go, this does upset the only friend she seems to have, Bane. Natalia is also known for getting into a lot of fist fights, she holds nothing against punching someone who ticks her off. She's been suspended more than once for fighting.

Natalia was a Russian orphan after her parents died in a car accident. She was adopted and taken overseas which was how she ended up here. It was about two years after that when she met Bane who ended up being her brother. Natalia had been adopted by Bane's aunt and uncle and after his parents had died he came to stay with them. When Natalia would see people bully Bane she quickly started to get involved. Natalia has become protective of her brother and will fight anyone who threatens him, the two are rarely apart.

Other:

Name: Robert Bane "Bane"
Human Appearance: Looking to be little more than a twig, Bane is tall and thin to the point he seems underfed. He has not real muscle mass on him, standing at 5'9". He does wear glasses though they seem strange, like he took two different pairs and fused them together, they're close enough in style, simple black frames, they just have cracks that look as if they were heated and forced together. His brown hair is shortish, but messy like he constantly runs his hands through it. Slight tan lines show his time outside living as a nomad, though he hasn't burned at all, not since he was a kid at least. Overall he's rather average in looks, even his brown eyes prove that. His clothes are thick though, made to survive outside but cobbled together from others. He has a long jacket that is similar to that of an old trench coat, though it seems to have seen better days.

Creature: Dragon Wolf
Creature Description: A very large brown furred wolf, with powerful muscles rivaling the size of a very large angry grizzly bear. What's odd about this creature is the large wings coming out from its shoulders similar to that of a dragon, though it is certainly not graceful in the air it can still fly.

Skills: Logical, basic medical knowledge

Abilities: Fire breath, flight, strength

Personality: Bane is nervous around most people, distrusting of most. He thinks people will think the worst of him, he assumes people want to hurt him. He doesn't like to see others in pain though and has a strong desire to help them. Bane is extremely smart but certainly not a fighter. This means he has trouble controlling a beast that is pretty well built for combat despite it being what he becomes.

History of Note: Bane's history can be summed up with a lot of court sessions after the murder of his mother. His father was abusive and the murderer though it took a while for him to be caught and full arrested mainly due to threatening Bane who witnessed the event.

Bane went to live with his aunt and uncle who two years before had adopted a Russian orphan, Natalia. Natalia became Bane's sister, and while the two didn't get along at first, keeping to themselves, when Bane was getting bullied, Natalia got involved. He learned quickly he could trust her and she could trust him. Bane kept his last name and often goes by it rather than his first name.

Bane studies often, keeping to himself. He wants to go to medical school one day and started studying basic medicine because of this. He often gets mad at Natalia for skipping school but tries to stop her from falling too far behind.

Other: Due to when they were born, while Bane is 18 he is in the same grade as Natalia, as she was born later in the year than him.
Last edited by Dracowolf on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:20 am

Name: Geren
Human Appearance: Geren is short for his age standing around 5'3", while it is likely he is still growing he will never be tall as it has been slowing. He has a short mess of dirty blond hair. Brown eyed, he's for the most part average in looks, not strong, not fast, just average.

Creature: Gryphon
Creature Description: Rather than the typical lion and eagle combo, Here's bird side appears to be an Osprey which makes up his head, wings, chest and front legs with various white, brown and black feathers. His feline half though us that of a snow leopard. He's not a very large gryphon but he could carry one person if he had to.

Skills: Mechanics, Engineering

Abilities: Flight, natural claw weapons, agility

Personality: Geren is a shy kid that tends to think poorly if himself but highly of others. He picks people up who are down, tries to make them laugh. He can be friendly at times and when comfortable out going. Still it takes a while to get there.

History of Note: What Geren lacks in strength and speed he makes up for in the choices he made in life. Geren took electives that cater to engineering and mechanics, he learned from his foster dad how to fix a car.

Geren is adopted, he doesn't know who his real parents are. He's lived in foster care as long as he can remember but has spent the last several years in his current one.

Other:

Name: Zavier
Human Appearance: Zavier has short block hair that has been spiked up. Standing at 5'7", he dresses rather basically, sweat pants that might have been worn down a tad and probably should see a wash soon. He often looks like he just rolled out of bed. He got that lazy mischievous smile saying he's up to no good or that he thought of a joke but it isn't the right time to say it. He's not thin or well built, rather average honestly but that is likely from sitting in front of a computer while still having a good enough metabolism to deal with the junk food he eats.

Creature: Cerberus
Creature Description: A very large three headed dog that can summon flames along it's spine and front paws, with a scaled and spiked tail. Unlike the classic black dog, Zavier is white with blue flames.

Skills: Hacking

Abilities: Blue flames (He has very little control of), three heads (He has control of the middle the other two he has to concentrate on), powerful tail

Personality: A clever yet somehow lazy young man, Zavier is smart but only when it comes to computers. He's a nice guy who loves to joke around and often seen with a cup of coffee. He likes to play games and just have a good time more than anything else. The fact he doesn't take much seriously can be rather frustrating for some but it does mean he'll be there when you need a friend.

History of Note: Zavier is studying computer science and programming, meaning he can get on and alter things online to try and erase problems. He attends on a scholarship from his highschool grades

Other:
Last edited by Dracowolf on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:21 am

Name: Arcaniss
Human Appearance: Arcaniss has dyed his short hair a striking blue, whatever color it was before is near impossible to tell as he makes sure to keep the blue. Based on his roots if you can get through the thick hair it was likely black but unclear. His hair is typically a mess giving him a slightly frantic look. Luckily due to its length not being too long it doesn't look horrible. He has dark blue eyes and is a thin, tall man, almost looking underweight. He's got a strange nervousness about him that can be seen in how he keeps himself always close. He wears glasses to read, and often is wearing a dark green scarf, no matter the weather. He keeps a bandana in his pocket and can often be seen sticking out just a little. He likes long sleeved shirts and long jackets, almost trench coat like.

Creature: Dragon
Creature Description: As a dragon Arcaniss is a covered in black scales, and a rather decent size. There are areas that are a dark blue but they don't stand out unless sunlight hits them directly. He's built as an Western Dragon but what's actually interesting about him is the fact that he is not required to hold the full dragon form, rather he can reach a halfway point between dragon and human, a half dragon of sorts. He's still covered in black scales, has a tail and horns, but for the most part still is human, though his eyes are a strange greyish blue rather than his usual darker blue. He does maintain his dyed blue hair.

Skills: Well-read, book smart, photographic memory

Abilities: He cannot breathe fire, he is a very poor flier but he can tap into natural arcane magic when needed. This allows mostly force spells, which allow him to push and throw people around if he's tapped in. For the most part this energy come from lay lines and powerful areas meaning that on a busy street that has no real connection to anything he can't tap into that magic. The closer he is to a magical place or item, the stronger his magic and the magic will change based on what he's near.

Personality: Arcaniss is nervous unless he's teaching. If he's teaching something, sharing knowledge then it's like no one is there and he's just recounting what he knows. He's extremely intelligent and friendly, and loves those who like to look for knowledge. He's certainly socially awkward and doesn't know how to speak to women his age or near it really. He often has trouble meeting eye contact with other people. It's easy to call Arcaniss a coward, after all there's no telling how he'll react when things get rough. Though at least he is a very good cook and bakes rather often, even though food is typically not allowed in a library, Arcaniss often has a hidden stash of cupcakes and cookies he bakes.

History of Note: Arcaniss, surprise surprise, is not his real name. It's a screen name he used in video games and continues to be called by that as his closest friends are those he's made online and they know him by his online handle, to the point that he prefers it over his actual name. Chances are his actual name is something very embarrassing.

Arcaniss is a Librarian at a local highscool, and enjoys spending his days studying and reading through books. He's excellent at helping with research more so into very obscure things.

Other:
Last edited by Dracowolf on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Macmanus~ » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:37 am

Name: Murphy
Type: Kelpie
Description: In his human form, Murphy stands at about six feet tall. He has a chiseled face with sharp features, Dark hair and eyes, pale skin, and a thick Glaswegian accent.
Personality: Murphy is loud, friendly, and brave. Despite being a predator by nature, he does not like making enemies. He is strong and protective of his friends, and when you have gained his trust, he will stand with you until the end. However, if you give him a reason to fight you, he will become a dangerous force
History (can be short to begin with):
Murphy's mother was a female kelpie from Loch Ness. On one of her hunts, she dragged a man below the depths, preparing to slaughter him, but took an interest in him instead and spared him. They fell in love and she had a son, Murphy. His father took him, trying to raise him to have a normal human life, until he discovered that Murphy is also a kelpie. Murphy's father tried to change him however he could, until his mother returned and took him away from his father. She taught him of the Guardians, and of the meaning of the celtic kelpie symbol on his chest.
In his Horse form, Murphy is a sleek and beautiful black stallion. He has powerful shoulders, feathering, and appears to resemble a Friesian.
In his Kelpie form, Murphy has sharp teeth, rows of spines, jagged hooves, and a powerful shark-like tail. In all forms, he can swim and breath underwater, but he swims best in this one.
Powers: Other than shapeshifting ability, he is fast as a human, very powerful as a horse, and dangerously powerful as a kelpie.
Human form:Image
Kelpie Form:Image
Horse Form:Image
Last edited by ~Macmanus~ on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Macmanus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:07 am

Your reservation has been noted. I have changed the main RP title to Fantasy over Mythological. It changes nothing really, plot is the same after all, the connection to mythologies is still very strongly there. The change was mainly based on the idea that people don't need a strong understanding of every mythology out there to do this RP, more the knowledge that they exist and you can draw from them, so I didn't want that to push people away. Might help, might not, we're gonna find out.

I should really get around to finishing Arcaniss.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NerdyDisco » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:10 am

Can I reserve an inexperienced wyvern? And would it be alright to have a harpy or siren (bird) as a character? (Sorry I can't actually make any characters right now, I'm camping until Tuesday)
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
𝒲𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒
𝒲𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓌𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Flight Rising Webber Rookiex
x

Hey there! I go as Nerdy, Disco, Cutman, or
basically anything else you want to call me.
My interests include Pokemon, Megaman, Don't
Starve, and basically anything Nintendo related.
I'm not all that interesting, but feel free to PM me!

Signature coded by yours truly~
Avatar is by itstheblob on Tumblr!
Don't Starve is owned by Klei Entertainment
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
𝒮𝑜 𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇
ℋ𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇'𝓈 ℱ𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓉 ℰ𝓋𝑒!

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery