Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Thread]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Thread]

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:11 am

Greetings all!
This is the discussion thread for Witches, Wands, and Wizards; a Harry Potter roleplay.
All forms should be posted here. Before posting a form, be sure to read the rules on the Main Thread.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Threa

Postby ptolemaea » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Reserving 5th year girl in Slytherin. Also she is a seeker for the quidditch team
๐˜ช ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆโ€™๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ
โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โŽฏ โ˜†
she/her / capricorn / est
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:27 pm

General Information
Full name: "My name is Felicity Helens."
Nicknames (if any): "For some reason, some call me 'City'."
Birthday: "September 3rd."
Sexuality: "I am bisexual."
Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.): "Muggle-born."

Appearance
Height: "I was 5'4" last time I checked."
Build: Average build, yet slightly smaller than usual people
Skin Type: "Somewhat tan."
Hair Colour and Style: "I have mid-back length medium-brown hair."
Eye Shape and Colour: "Almond shaped light brown eyes, from my Vietnamese heritage, mother's side."
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any): A swirly light brown birthmark on her wrist.

Digging Deeper
Personality: Felicity is a somewhat laid-back person, but still magically somehow gets everything done. She's easy to become friends with, even if she seems a bit cold and stiff when she first meets you. She also hates playboys and people who do fun things without doing their work. However, Felicity still loves the company of other people, whether she shows it outwardly or not.
Likes: "Chocolate, magical creatures, Hogwarts, my family and friends, potato soup, beef stew, tea, lemonade, some other candies, rice, chicken, cucumbers, pickles, and.. well.. a bunch of other stuff."
Dislikes: "Most bugs, coffee, sushi, fish in general except shellfish, alcohol, cigars, knuckleheads that don't do their work..... etc."
Fears: "... Heights..... and venomous bugs...."
History: "I grew up fairly normally until I was ten. I have a loving family, but when I was ten, my first.. 'accident' happened. This kid at my school had aggravated me so much I wrote a scathing letter about them, and next thing I know, the kid gets a broken pinky, from some unknown force tripping them, which I would later learn is magic. Around one year later, I received my Hogwarts letter and eagerly accepted. So here I am."

Personal Relationships
Parents: "Barry and Sakana Helens."
Siblings (if any): "My mom's pregnant with my brother."
Friends: Open?
Enemies: "To put it simply, idiots."
Crush/Significant Other: N/A
Pets: "A lovely Pygmy Owl by the name of Mocha."

School Information
House: "A proud Hufflepuff."
Year: "Fourth."
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.): "I am just a student whom some call a nerd."
Favourite Class: "It has to be Charms or Transfiguration!"
Least Favourite Class: "History of Magic. Does that guy even realize he's dead? Or how boring his classes are?"

Magic Information
Wand Appearance: "A nice, ivory-colored wand with designs of peacock feathers and vines trailing up the handle."
Wand Wood: "Aspen."
Wand Core: "Unicorn Hair."
Wand Flexibility: "I quote, 'Suprisingly swishy flexibility.'"
Wand Length: "Fourteen and a half inches."
Patronus: "A lovely Borzoi." (Russian Wolfhound)
Boggart: "I see myself on a giant pillar, with only one way down, but that way is covered in venomous bugs."

Other: ???
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:40 pm

@Bird: Okay! c:
@moondust: Accepted!
I'll post my characters below.

General Information
Full name: Sydney Ophelia Sinclair
Nicknames (if any): Syd, though she doesn't particularly like this.
Birthday: September 14th
Sexuality: Queer
Blood Type: Muggle-born

Appearance
Height: 157 cm or 5' 2"
Build: Petite and slim - actually quite a bit underweight - with a small bust.
Skin Type: Very pale.
Hair Colour and Style: A medium shade of brown, often pulled back in a ponytail to keep it out of the way. When not pulled up, it falls to mid-back in natural waves.
Eye Shape and Colour: Downturned and deep brown, framed by rectangular dark-rimmed glasses.
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks: She has a small scar on the left side of her neck, just below her cheekbone.
Clothing: When not wearing Hogwarts robes, Sydney would typically be seen in collared shirts or sweaters, sometimes even a sweater over a collared shirt. The sweaters are normally just solid colours, though sometimes have owl designs printed or sewn onto them. As for bottoms, she usually ports jeans or leggings, complete with practical flats or ankle boots. Though she doesn't often wear skirts, if she was seen in one it would be most likely be plaid. As for jewelry, Sydney only has her ears pierced and usually wears some kind of studs.

Digging Deeper
Personality: At a glance, Sydney is a shy, antisocial girl who's always got her nose in a book. Despite being introverted, she is very in tune with the emotions of others and often picks up on their minute facial expressions that others might miss. She tends to be rather anxious and high-strung. She has low self-esteem and doesn't usually stick up for herself, but will be one of the first to defend a friend. Seeing as she recently transferred from Ilvermorny, Sydney sometimes finds herself using the American terminologies for things.
Sydney often feels out-of-place in Gryffindor and wonders why the Sorting Hat put her there. Due to her studious nature, she honestly thought she would be put in Ravenclaw. But the Sorting Hat saw something that most others (including Sydney herself) didn't - a vast inner courage, rendering her a Gryffindor.
Sydney has a natural skill with potions and transfiguration, but any other kind of spell-casting typically ends in disaster. She's also quite good on a broomstick, despite a lack of experience, and plays violin in the Hogwarts orchestra. She loves to draw and started at a young age.
Likes: Getting good grades, snow, flying, owls, cats, chocolate, music, drawing, and COFFEE.
Dislikes: Large groups of people, drawing attention to herself, being made fun of, doing something she believes to be wrong, asking for or accepting any kind of help.
Fears: Thunderstorms, public speaking, hurting other people, and trusting people. When frightened, Sydney tends to wedge herself into the smallest space possible.
History: Sydney was born in England; the only child of a wealthy muggle family. Her mother was a lawyer and her father was a business executive. She was left alone most of her life; her parents never had enough time for her due to their involved jobs. At the age of 7, Sydney's family moved to America for her dad's business. Her parents sent her off to boarding school almost immediately. When she turned 11, she received a letter from Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. At first, her parents thought it was a joke. That is; until a rather ungainly barred owl flew into one of their fireplaces (in in which there was luckily no fire at the time) with another letter clutched in its beak. Sydney attended Ilvermorny until recent times, in which her family moved back to England. As such, she transferred to Hogwarts. Before Hogwarts, Sydney was bullied rather severely and still retains deep emotional scarring to this day.

Personal Relationships
Parents: Bianca and Albert Sinclair, Muggles. They are rather rich within the Muggle world, a fact which Sydney grows quite uncomfortable about if discovered.
Siblings: None
Friends: Maybe Kai (?), Jayden, possibly Zoe and Martha.
Enemies: None yet.
Crush/Significant Other: None
Pets: A quirky barn owl named Cicero.

School Information
House: Gryffindor
Year: 4th
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.): She has the newest model of the Firebolt and is thinking about trying out for the position of Chaser.
Favourite Class: A toss-up between transfiguration and potions; the only magic-related things she finds herself good at.
Least Favourite Class: Really any class involving spell-casting, other than transfiguration or potions.

Magic Information
Wand Appearance: A simple wand with a swirled handle and runes along the sides.
Wand Wood: Larch
Wand Core: Dragon Heartstring
Wand Flexibility: Unyeilding
Wand Length: 31.115 cm or 12 1/4"
Patronus: Undiscovered, will be a female tree swallow.
Boggart: Undiscovered, most likely a thunderstorm, public speaking thing, or bullies.

Other: Sydney is an unregistered animagus - long story. She has never successfully completed a full transformation, but she will take the form of a tree swallow with spectacle-like markings around brown eyes.

General Information
Full name: Killian
Alberta Errested
Nicknames (if any): Killi, though he absolutely hates this and will only put up with it if used by a family member. He enjoys being called 'Killer', though no one seems to do that as it is frankly ridiculous.
Birthday: June 3rd
Sexuality: Pansexual
Blood Type: Mixblood

Appearance
Height: 180 cm or 5' 11"
Build: Tall and lanky with slight musculature.
Skin Type: Naturally tan
Hair Colour and Style: Very dark brown; almost black. It is considered slightly long and a bit fluffy, hovering above his shoulders. He has bangs with a natural curve to the right.
Eye Shape and Colour: Upturned and more rectangular in shape, bright forest green.
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks: None
Clothing: When not in Hogwarts robes, Killian can be seen wearing a variety of patched-up hand-me-down clothes, typically in the form of jeans and Weird Sisters band t-shirts, complete with an optional flannel and a pair of falling apart sneakers.

Digging Deeper
Personality: Killian tends to be flirtatious, teasing, and arrogant. He could charm the skin off a snake - or so he thinks. He has a rather short attention span and often finds himself spacing out in the classes he doesn't like. He enjoys annoying others and tends to think of himself as "endearingly obnoxious". Killian doesn't like to get serious and often has a hard time knowing when to do so. He has a deep-rooted ambition and a secret yearning to be liked and appreciated by others.
Likes: Quidditch, charms, pranks, bad puns, practical jokes, annoying others on purpose, and flirting.
Dislikes: Being ignored, commitment, authority figures, being bored, and getting detention.
Fears: Spiders and others finding out what his middle name is. When he's frightened, Killian will freeze in place; becoming nearly unmovable.
History: Killian was born and raised in England; the middle child of 5. He was overjoyed to get a letter from Hogwarts when he turned 11; his older sister and brother having already received theirs.

Personal Relationships
Parents: Elladora Errested; a witch who rehabilitates injured magical creatures, and Henry Errested, a Muggle of wizard lineage.
Siblings: Killian has four siblings; being the middle child of five. His older brother Torvald works as an Auror for the Ministry, and his older sister Megaera has just graduated and is working in the Department of Magical Transportation. Killian's younger siblings, Iris and Aaron, are going to be first years at Hogwarts next year.
Friends: Minty, Death, Aurora, most other Slytherins, maybe Zoe.
Enemies: None really, though he has a particular distaste for Ravenclaws as he thinks they're all stuck-up know-it-alls.
Crush/Significant Other: Everyone None yet
Pets: A cantankerous Siamese cat named Amelia.

School Information
House: Slytherin
Year: 6th
Title: Beater on the Quidditch Team
Favourite Class: Charms.
Least Favourite Class: History of Magic. He never fails to fall asleep in this class.

Magic Information
Wand Appearance: A pale, curved length with a spiral-like design. The grip is carved into what appears to be the head of a bird of prey.
Wand Wood: Spruce
Wand Core: Unicorn hair
Wand Flexibility: Surprisingly springy
Wand Length: 29.21 cm or 11 1/2"
Patronus: Coyote
Boggart: A giant, hairy spider that continuously repeats his middle name.

General Information
Full name: Beatrice Isabella Byrne
Nicknames: Bea, though she only allows a select few to call her this.
Birthday: December 31st
Sexuality: Mostly heterosexual
Blood Type: Pureblood

Appearance
Height: 173 cm or 5' 8"
Build: Tall and slim with very sharp angles.
Skin Type: Pale with subtle freckles.
Hair Colour and Style: Shoulder-length and auburn, naturally a bit curly.
Eye Shape and Colour: Slanted and angular, steel-blue.
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks: Faint freckles across most of her skin, especially on her face.
Clothing: Beatrice usually wears simplistic, modest blue robes beneath a black velvet cloak with an engraved silver double crescent moon clasp. As for shoes, she ports smaller black closed-toe heels that have an upward-curving tongue and topline.

Digging Deeper
Personality: Beatrice is humourless, strict, and extremely difficult to please. She tends to be very hard on her students. Little do the students know, this is only because she cares about them and wants to push them further; Beatrice believes that the best way for students to learn is by being challenged. Due to her outer personality, she's often the victim of many student pranks. She will often punish pranksters with detentions - the length depends on the severity of the prank - most of which include writing lines. She tolerates no bullying in her classroom and has been known to send mean or taunting students to the Headmaster's office. Towards other professors, Beatrice can be amicable, but it depends on the person. She tends to look down on professors who have a difficult time maintaining control over their students. Beatrice has a very contained temper; it hardly ever shows itself. In her spare time, she can be found reading at her desk or in the school library. Her only huge pet peeves are messes and being interrupted while she's reading; she may be snippy if such a case as this arises.
Likes: Motivated students, philosophy, reading, learning, challenges, and magical creatures.
Dislikes: Disorganisation, being interrupted when she's reading, class clowns, bullying, and most bugs.
Fears: Beatrice doesn't often let fear - or many other emotions - show, but she is definitely scared of a few things. These include intimacy and failure. She is absolutely terrified of heights; hence why she was never on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team and avoids going up the moving staircases as much as possible, even now. Luckily, her classroom is on the ground floor; she doesn't have to worry about anyone finding out about this fear.
History: Beatrice has been through some hardships, though she's always overcome them quickly and efficiently. She was a student at Hogwarts; in Ravenclaw house. Rather than making friends, Beatrice preferred to study or read. She read everything she could get her hands on, from autobiographies to muggle science-fiction stories. She'd even sneak into the restricted section on occasion. As a child, she was painfully shy. The only person she regularly interacted with was Alisa, her younger sister by two years. Despite her shyness and the fact that most of her friends were books, Beatrice often helped others study, whether they asked for it or not. This was the only time she ever felt confident enough to interact with people who weren't her sister. It was while doing this that she discovered an intense desire to share her knowledge with others and influence future generations, hence why she applied for a teaching job at Hogwarts.

Personal Relationships
Parents: Chelsea and Harrison Byrne, both wizards.
Siblings: Alisa Byrne; a younger, much more amicable sibling who works at the Ministry in the Department of Magical Education. Despite their many differences, Beatrice is quite close with her younger sister and often lets her guard down around her. She's slightly annoyed at the fact that Alisa is her higher-up, but doesn't often let this show when in her presence.
Friends: Possibly other faculty members.
Enemies: None so far
Crush/Significant Other: None yet
Pets: A short-eared owl named Stellaluna.

School Information
Former House: Ravenclaw
Class They Teach: Transfiguration
Head of House Position?: Sure, why not.

Magic Information
Wand Appearance: A dark, neat-looking wand with a few embellishments.
Wand Wood: Ebony
Wand Core: Demiguise hairs and dragon heartstring
Wand Flexibility: Brittle
Wand Length: 24.13 cm or 9 1/2"
Patronus: Badger
Boggart: It would most likely take the form of either a very high precipice, or some sort of failure in front of many people. Or maybe it would get confused between the two.
Other: Beatrice is a registered Animagus, as customary for the Transfiguration professor. She takes the form of a Badger; like her Patronus. Her key identifying factor is her coat - it appears erythristic; similar to her hair colour in human form, but her face is also spattered with faint freckles like in human form and her eyes retain their steely quality.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ptolemaea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:30 am

The Insecure One
โ€œI'm not Emo. I'm not a Freak!" ~ Minty
General Information
Full name:
Leghia 'Minty' Shaesa
Nicknames (if any):
Minty
Birthday:
April 23
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Blood Type (pureblood, mixblood, etc.):
Pureblood
Appearance
Minty has wavy pink hair, and she usually has a black spike headband wrapped around her head.
Height:
About 5'7
Build:
Quite Skinny..
Skin Type:
Very Fair
Hair Colour and Style:
Pink and Wavy, usually flowing free
Eye Shape and Colour:
Almond and brown
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks (if any):
A infinity shape tatoo

Digging Deeper
Personality:
Minty is really insecure, especially when she does something forbidden. She thinks she isn't right. But she is happy with her friends, but usually she is writing in a journal
Dislikes:
Backstabbers, Bullies, Snobs
Fears:
Dying. Snakes.
History:
Heartbreaking. RP it out.
Personal Relationships
Mom- Lena Shaesa deceased Dad- Jacob Shaesa in Azkaban
Brother- Nickolas Shaesa- Dead :lol:
Parents:
Lena Shaesa
Jacob Shaesa
Both in Azkaban for being death eaters/killing brother
Siblings (if any):
Nickolas Shaesa
Dead
Friends:
Killian 'Killer' Errested
(If that's okay)
Enemies:
Gryffindor Quidditch team xD
Crush/Significant Other:
None Yet.
Pets:
Eva :D
School Information
House:
Slytherin
Year:
5th
Title (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.):
Seeker
Favourite Class:
Potions
Least Favourite Class:
Divination
Magic Information
Wand Appearance:
Black With A Damn Skull
Wand Wood:
Ebony
Wand Core:
Phoenix Feather
Wand Flexibility:
Not Very Flexible
Wand Length:
13 1/2
Patronus:
Black Cat
Boggart:
Her Parents

Other:
May do another character-
Last edited by ptolemaea on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
๐˜ช ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆโ€™๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am

Accepted!^^
Killian would happily be friends with Minty, especially since they play Quidditch together.
We just need one or two more people, and then we can start!
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ptolemaea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am

Do ya want me to do another character?
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am

If you want to c:
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ptolemaea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 am

Minty Has a love for red heads - she shall call dibs on any redheads AND WILL BATTLE FOR THEM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

This'll be my first role play on CS in a while.. Not much has changed, actually. Huh.
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me