Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Thread]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - An HP RP [Discussion Threa

Postby WitchHazel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Sure, they're not legal on Hogwarts grounds though (save in the Forbidden Forest); it would have to be a well-kept secret. And you'd have to come up with a story as for how it got into Europe - Thunderbirds are native to North America.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonstone514 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:56 pm

@LunarDragonTamer
Sorry about the thunderbird. And I was actually going to say I had found a Thunderbirds egg and give it to Charlie ( your Charlie) and may I ask , how am I controlling your characters? And if u want I could give Charlie a journal about Thunderbirds? One little thing, Can Charlies be a male thunderbird as then we could introduce them and we could have eggs :P Only if u want though :3
ImageImage
ImageImage
So I'm a massive Dan and Phil Phan and if you are too then why not pm me?
moonstone514

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InsidiousFlair » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:22 am

Aren't Thunderbirds kind of... giant and illegal?

I love them- it's Evangeline's wand core since her family came from America. But.... yeah

Although if Hogwarts has had dragons on campus before I guess it's not too shocking except for the weather stuff?

Hello, I'm Rose! I am also sometimes called Red.
Feel free to refer to me as either, or my user.
I love to roleplay, but I am rather busy. <3 <3

(FIRE-)───────────
BLOW A KISS)───────────────
─────────────(TO THE CROWD-

|Gryffindor|Neutral good|INFP|Scorpio|She/her|
|D&D - Bard|Dancing|Singing|Likes bread|<3|
|I'm in love with the way the fire dances|

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Warriors RP // music: // link
link // link // ©

InsidiousFlair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:03 am

They are indeed illegal to my knowledge
Like I said, if you want to own a Thunderbird you'd have to create an explanation for how it got from North America to Europe, and it would have to be a well-kept secret - and the presence of a Thunderbird would be quite noticeable due to its size and the storms it summons. If any professors found out, it would surely be sent back to North America to be rehabilitated into its natural environment.
I recommend not owning one, because you'd have to explain how you keep it hidden - even in the Forbidden Forest, it would be pretty noticeable - but if you really really want one of your characters to have one and you're willing to put in all of the effort involved then what the heck.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonstone514 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:36 am

@WitchHazel
Can the headmaster allow me to go to the ministry to see Lulu, its fine if no ;P
But of course if yes, the others will be told I am visiting sick relatives
( btw if u can't remember who Lulu is, shes the Nundu)
* Once a month maybe ?*
ImageImage
ImageImage
moonstone514

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamrosh » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:06 pm

@Moonstone
    That you're visiting sick relatives? Never confuse an RP character with a real human, not least yourself. It can change how you write them, or worse how you treat the person, and confusing with yourself gives off a very bad impression, even if you're nothing like your character. Just thought you should get a warning about confusing characters with people before someone actually starts regarding you worse for it.

@Witchhazel
    Just noticed that a lot of the characters atm are either transfers from the US or born in the US. Would it be worth having some sort of list of US or foreign-born students in the vein of the animagi list so people are sort of aware of the number and might consider doing something else or using a different place (second option being better)?
    Like, I don't have an issue with there being transfers, from any which where, and I know it's a really fun dynamic to play a foreigner, but there are a lot from the US.
    There's quite a lot of countries where all students have to be studying abroad, so you literally cannot over-shoot the number of characters from them, a short-ish list of ones with fairly easy to understand with little to moderate research cultures being; Canada, Ireland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Iceland, Bulgaria (yup, Viktor Krum is a transfer; Durmstrang is in Northern Scandanavia), South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, India, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Mexico, Belize, Argentina, Greece and pretty much all the Caribbean island states bar Jamaica, Haiti and Cuba. Imo the best to choose are Ireland, Canada and Poland; Canadian culture is very similar to US culture and probably would end up with a lot of majs what with Salem and all, Ireland is really close to Britain so would end up sending many, many students, and there are literally thousands of Poles in Britain, (there were 2 in my primary school class of 30, and they were both super-Hufflepuff-y in the best ways, if that gives any indication of numbers and the fact that most young Brits with any experience at all of how lovely they can be aren't going to be nasty to them), and any of them could be muggle born.
    Even making that list I have a ton of ideas for other cultures which could be awesome with just a little bit more research, and still have no magic school of their own- but I wanted to keep it short! There's nearly 200 countries, and the US has probably sent a student body indicative of all the magic students of quite a lot of countries that don't already have 2 wizarding schools (and most of them should have been male anyway, seeing as one of the US schools is girls only and the other is not boys only, indicating that a lot of boys cannot get places or that Ilvermorny is roughly 7.5x as large as Hogwarts, even without accepting Canadian and students).

Meanwhile, I think there are only 3 foreign borns not from the US, and among those, my one, Atticus, was in the UK well before entering Hogwarts, meaning he's not even a transfer. The other two are Totoro's girls, both from Japan., which really isn't a lot, and it's very different culturally from the UK or US, so personally I think having a Japan-skew would be very interesting.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koi.fish » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:25 pm

@Moonstone415

Sure, Amelia can give Charlie Dragonheart a journal about thunderbirds and she can give him a male thunderbird and introducing them would be fine.

@WitchHazel

I'm very sorry I didn't RP yesterday. I was out the whole day buying cloth with my mom's friend so that she could make me a HP robe.
koi.fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonstone514 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:36 pm

@LunarDragonTamer
I can't give him the egg or introduce anymore as the ministry is taking my case. I could teach him about them though, so he could find one in the forbidden forest?
ImageImage
ImageImage
moonstone514

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koi.fish » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Also Charlie found a thunderbird egg in the forbidden forest. :)
koi.fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me