Interest Check for Roleplays [rule update June 2018]

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Interest Check for Roleplays [please read the rules]

Postby SingSangJisung » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Alright. So I have an idea but don't know how to explain it.
I actually have two.
So the first would be like an Amazonian tribe kind of thing, but that would only be females, and they were very brutal. Any ways I could make that more child friendly?

Second
The Salem witches. This one would be if the Salem witch trials didn't happen but witches were actually there. It's more of like they embrace the fact there are witches and learn to live in harmony. It would be like a Victorian style.

Any opinions on either?
SingSangJisung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hi

Postby RunsWithScissors » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Dragons!

Now that I have your attention...
(Please forgive the text wall and the slightly jumbled info)

I was thinking of starting an almost Hunger Games based RP set in a medieval style fantasy world. Twelve criminal youth are voted by a council of elders to compete in an arena-based fight to escape alive. In the arena are chests that are filled with useful supplies, though weapons are limited and the teens are sent in with nothing. In addition to the chests, twelve dragon eggs are hidden throughout the arena. There is one egg specifically tuned to hatch upon the touch of a human for each competitor. The objective is to find an egg, hatch it, and raise it to be able to fly over the unclimbable and magically reinforced wall. Any magic the teens may possess is nullified within the arena. To give the roleplay a lifespan, it takes about eight months for a dragon to mature to the point of being able to escape. The dragons cannot talk, but are sentient (think of Toothless). If you think this sounds too easy, you're right. The youth in the arena are not alone. In there with them are adult dragons ranging from the size of a horse to the size of a house, as well as normal predators like cougars, bears, and wolves. Of course, where there are predators, there is prey, so rabbits, squirrels, foxes, deer, wild hog, pheasant, and aquatic animals like fish and frogs can be found in relative abundance.

Arena Rules:
No killing or maiming the other people in the arena
Killing another will result in the smashing of your dragon's egg or the killing of your dragon, as well as your execution.
You may kill another's dragon
You may only hatch one egg. Even if your dragon dies, you may not hatch another

RP Expectations:
Mid semi-lit, one to two reasonable paragraphs with decent spelling/grammar
One or two characters per person depending on interest
Preferably at least two posts per person per week, but I get that life happens and that may not be possible

Thoughts and opinions are more than welcome, feel free to PM me if you're interested in something like this.
Also, set spots (the arsonist, the thief, etc.) or just open field for characters?

Thanks!
RunsWithScissors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salvation. » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Well greetings! So I'm obviously wanting to do a small like roleplay. So here's pretty much the gist of the plot.

3 girls, 3 boys. All mysteriously disappear at the same time, they wake up in the middle of no where. They have no idea where they are or what country they are even located in. All they know is that they are in a forest and they have to work together. Secretly what they don't know people are watching them waiting too see the choas break out. They have to go through a series of trials and quests to find a way out, and failure is not an option.

So yeah the basic gist just PM me if you interested!
writer-aries-she/her-entp-slytherin-chaotic neutral
salvation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mahou shoujo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:34 pm

okay, so I'm totally obsessed with the movie Avatar by James Cameron with the Na'vi people who live on Pandora.
It's such a beautiful story and world, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining a Avatar rp if I
made one and if anyone had any ideas for a plot.

𝙄..𝙉 xx𝙇..𝙄..𝙆..𝙀xx𝘼

█ ██ ᒪIOᑎ ██ █

────────────────
ᴏᴜᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᒪᗩᗰᗷ
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:10 pm

-- currently looking for interest in a DC roleplay primarily centered around Batman/Gotham City; some other DC characters would be allowed to some degree, and ocs would be welcomed along with canon heroes and villains.

I'm not sure if it would get enough people to get rolling, and I don't have a really strong idea for any sort of central/over-arcing plot for the rp; I'd want it to be something that's inclusive of all the roleplay characters in some way, not just certain heroes and certain villains, which makes the plot a bit more challenging. suggestions/ideas appreciated
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krocodalie » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Mash up, anyone?

Would anyone be interested in a mash up of simplified Dungeons and Dragons and classic forum roleplaying?

What I’ve noticed on the forums here is that people sometimes make their characters invincible (like ultra strong and nothing they do ever fails, you know?), and it annoys other players. What I’m proposing is: normal forum role play (text only) but the characters have allocated stats and have to roll a dice for certain things (like convincing an NPC to do something, executing a skill or special move, luck, etc). Basically adding a bit of randomness and suspense!

All rolling of dice can be done on a online site where everybody involved will be able to see (so no one flubs a roll). I will be a kind of game master, or host, that will devise a plot and describe scenery for the players to interact with.

I’m good with anime, animal, rpg, anything you want to play! Please give me feedback if this is something you’re interested in. :D
Krocodalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

interest check

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:16 pm

the sorrows
    in the year 2040, america has developed better technology, including hi-tech equipment and knowledge. in fact, just a decade ago, doctors were able to cure the common cold and malaria. although, cancer still exists in humans. a well-known doctor by the name of shaun morrow was working on a cure for cancer and started with various tests on animals. it worked well, and he went on to working with humans. at first, he was reputable, but the tumors suddenly mutated and grew massively, spreading into infections among the organs. the humans supposedly died, but in reality they weren't. they came back to life with grey flesh and eyes glistening with white cataracts, hungry for the living. the zombie-like humanoids began killing humans and eventually took over the land. the few remaining humans were left on their own and grouped up for survival. due to the doctor's name, the creatures became known as "the sorrows". now the humans have to find a way without changing into the creatures theirselves.

project z
    in the year 2040, america has developed better technology, including hi-tech equipment and knowledge. although, in the midst of this, there are liars. government doctors have been dedicating their lives to genes instead -- since most diseases are now cured -- and hope to create a better generation of humans. they input scientifically designed chemicals into pregnant women in hospitals, claiming it'll make the baby grow healthier and ease the pregnancy. this is not what it does. the doctors are trying to change the children, and in turn they're born with powers or mutations. the failed children were sent to live in the southern regions as peasants, and the children considered to be a success lived in the government, hidden from society. one of the children born in the government region creates a group of the genetically changed children from all over america to rebel and destroy the government's projects. over time, the news spread, and all of the children came together to live in an abandoned building in old york (a different version of new york). they have to figure out how to stop the government from continuing the projects and show the truth of what the experiments have done.

pm me if you're interested in either of these roleplays!

these plots are original ideas by silentmelody.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiny_Cat » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Small group roleplay. Probably 10-12 characters max. The year is 1479 and Piracy is on the rise. Though female pirates are uncommon, they aren't entirely unheard of. In the last decade, stories have risen about a particular ship manned entirely by women. Nicknamed the Fair Maiden, this ship is rumored to be behind some of the largest and most bountiful lootings in all the Seven Seas and they specialize in capturing wealthy men and ransoming them back to their wives for large amounts of money and/or jewels. After they supposedly took a foreign Prince hostage, nearly inciting a war, the Queen finally decided enough was enough and put a ransom on the heads of all who occupied the Fair Maiden. A group of young men from all walks of life who had been friends since childhood, decided to attempt to capture the women of the Fair Maiden. However they bite off more than they could chew and soon found themselves the Captives of the beautiful and deadly Pirates.

PM if interested.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiny_Cat » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:35 am

EpicLilKitty wrote:
Small group pokemon roleplay with a set amount of 8 people. You are a Pokemon Trainer. All your life, Pokemon have been everything. You have trained hard to get where you are. But hard times have fallen and you're down on your luck. For one reason or another, you desperately need money. An opportunity arises. You and three others agree to participate in a Medical Study on the functions of the left and right brain and how they work together to complete everyday functions. What you weren't expecting was to somehow have your left and right brain separated into two individual entities. Now, you're dropped into an arena with the other participants and told that the only way to be returned to normal is if you beat the other teams. A team can me knocked out of the running by having all their Pokemon faint, by becoming deathly ill or fatally wounded, or by purposefully injuring another trainer with the intent to main or kill.

Left Brain
Objective
Logical
Practical
Cold
Unemotional
Analytical
Aware of Patterns
Aware of Trends
He/She is efficient
Right Brain
Subjective
Creative
Sensory
Aware of Feelings
Aware of People
He/She is Emotional
Wild
Passionate
Stubborn
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby baron zemo. » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:52 pm

▁♛H a m i l t o n: A ???? AU♛▁

So I've been thinking of creating a Hamilton roleplay, but with the setting in the present. Yes, that includes arguments over social media haha. Each character would keep some of their most defining characteristics- with a twist of course- as the revolution is practically still alive. How that manifests may be slightly odd, but I'm working out the kinks aha.

For the AU, I was think of a superpower/modern AU lol, or just straight up modern shenanigans...

It'll be semi-lit, LGBTQ+ friendly and hopefully a blast to roleplay, but I'm still looking for people to run it with me.
Shoot me a pm if interested!
Do not throw away your shot ;)))))
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me