เผบ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™›๐™ก๐™ฎ โ€“ d+f

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

- - - [ RISINGPAW ] - - -

Postby necrobinical » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:02 am

RISK!

RISK!

RISK!

RISING
PAW
SUN

I can't take another day
I need some change

I need more to put behind my name
Itโ€™s all the same

How can you say
Just what I'm meant to be?

โ€ข
โ€ข Jack (nonbinary cat), They/it โ€ข
โ€ข Demipanromantic โ€ข
โ€ข Medicine Cat Apprentice โ€ข
โ€ข 17 Moons Old โ€ข
โ€ข Large, long-furred orange-and-ginger tabby jack with distinctive yellow eyes that have teal rings around the irises. โ€ข
โ€ข RISK! RISK! RISK! - Jhariah, First Light - Hozier, Son of Nyx - Hozier, Sunlight - Hozier, โ€ข
โ€ข

There's demons
I'm ready for 'em

I know you're feening for uncertainty
But I'm not scared

At break-neck speed
Therะต's things you just canโ€™t see

Sunflight had her five children alone. No father to speak of, but luckily her brother Thundercloud was around for a few moons to help take care of her kits. Too bad Thundercloud abandoned Sunflight when he got his own mate and kit, not that Sunflight minded all that much. Of her five healthy kits, she doted on little Risingkit the most, much to their chagrin. Born not a tom and not really a molly, Sunflight decided that her miracle child was destined for something greater than just being a warrior. Risingkit didn't really agree, but they listened to their mother and began following the medicine cats around at five moons old. They learned quick, but were generally more interested in whatever the warriors were doing. Fighting seemed much more fun to Risingkit than all this herb stuff, but Sunflight simply wouldn't give up on the dreams she'd instilled in her middlemost kit. Risingkit was eventually made Risingpaw under Fogfern, around the time Thundercloud passed away. Sunflight, in her grief, became reckless on patrols and didn't last long. Risingpaw mourned them both, but not for long at all. They had a job to do, and they intended to do it until someone stopped them, or let them have a chance to be something better. They didn't take Fogfern's death well, however, and have silently begun hating Starclan for allowing their mentor to pass on the way to their sacred place. They're refusing to go anywhere near the Moonbow, and have become more silently dedicated to preserving the lives in their clan. Even though, inside, they're truly furious, ready to abandon their territory and Starclan if anything else devastating happens. They don't want to have to watch their clan crumble while Starclan remains silent.

With such precautious eyes

Youโ€™rะต petrified of being proven right

Oh that just won't do

I donโ€™t think I need to tell you

You'll see me when I do

Risingpaw has a bit of an ego problem. They're pretty sure they're right in most situations, especially when they actually ARE right, which is annoyingly common. They are good at their job, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't excuse the way they'll often just do something for someone instead of even giving them the chance to learn. They aren't mean, they're almost exclusively encouraging and polite, but their lack of true understanding of and for most cats is notable even under the charismatic guise. They're smart and pragmatic, efficient and ebullient at anyone's victories. Well, that's what they project anyway. Internally, Risingpaw is absolutely terrified at the idea of messing up. They boast such a big game, but every challenge they recklessly undertake is just another thing they're so sure they're about to completely fail. They haven't been sure about anything for their entire life. They aren't sure they WOULD make a good warrior or medicine cat, they aren't sure if they even belong here, and they absolutely aren't sure if they're a good person. They try so, so hard, but this young adult is truly so scared. They just want to do a good job and for everyone to be okay, but their mouth gets ahead of their logistical brain and they keep saying they'll do things they're sure are stupid just because someone goaded them into saying it. This, coupled with the fat that they distrust easily, means that they cannot stand their family or Starclan, who they believe goaded and pressured them into their position. They're just a bundle of fake bravado and a bad habit of overexertion.

Satisfied in grandiose dreams

Panopticon of possibilities
Each paranoid of me WATCHING

โ€ข RELATIONSHIPS โ€ข

Siblings Snakebite, Bunnyhop, Foxheart, and Treebranch. Deceased mother Sunlight and uncle Thundercloud. Cousin Dapplepaw and aunt-in-law Mistback.

Other relationships open!!! Please dm me :D!
Last edited by necrobinical on Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
necrobinical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: เผบ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™›๐™ก๐™ฎ โ€“ d+f

Postby necrobinical » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:05 am

okay WHOOF I got silly with the coding on this one so it took a While. observe my little contradiction machine Risingpaw and please dm me if ya have relos ideas!

Oh + a few last Risingpaw notes: Medicine cats take a while longer to get their full warrior names, who while Rising is still -paw, they are an adult!
Risingpaw is a little too stressed to have any crushes but do feel free to have someone ๐Ÿ‘€ at them
And, Risingpaw is intersex, like me !! "Starclan Miracle" ie they're just a little funky guy. Biologically Neither and Both. Very fun.

OH! + I'll write up my reply once Rising is observed by Selas, so I know if they're all good to go, lol
necrobinical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:53 am

@Gayyams - Risingpaw is accepted!
    Ahhh how did you read my mind??? I wanted the second medicine cat apprentice to be an older cat, someone who was apprenticed alongside Briarseed when she was still Briarpaw, someone with a mind of their own who may not respect Briarseed as much as they respected Fogfern. Risingpaw is perfect for what I was planning... and I never even told you what I wanted!

Could Risingpaw join Owlsong's patrol, to gather herbs while the warriors hunt and protect them? The clan's feverfew and mallow stocks were washed away with the garden, so Risingpaw could find those by the river. I want Risingpaw to be there when the patrol finds Milktuft and Mistback, since Briarseed will be busy with Sykestar at the time.

@peachpit.
I'm sobbing, that's so perfect and tragic for Milktuft. As long as Gayyams is okay with Mistback getting knocked out, I'm good with everything that you described. What an emotional sendoff for the first character death in the roleplay. ;-;
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby necrobinical » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:38 pm

@selas
Yeah!!!!! I wanted someone in a place of power who wasn't helping as much as they think they are. Like, Briarseed and Sykestar and Rabbitsong and Cloudpaw are all doing their absolute best, being angels even if they're a little rough around the edges in some cases, but Risingpaw just fully isn't helping. They're too focused on their anger at Starclan and the mask of effortless confidence and bravado that they're truly just making things worse! They absolutely do not respect Briarseed, and while they're younger they treat her like she's the apprentice here. Little unintentionally mean guy who's gotta be told they're being mean at some point

@selas, @peachpit
I'm completely okay with Mistback getting knocked out! As long as Mist either gets told Milftuft died for her, or she sees Milktuft die, bcuz otherwise she'll still be upset but much less so. Winks at Selas abt the secret stuff we've talked about, too. >:)
necrobinical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:22 pm

@Gayyams - oooh yes, Risingpaw's anger toward StarClan will be very interesting for the plot. Briarseed only got her medicine cat name 3 moons ago, so I can imagine that Risingpaw wouldn't respect her very much. Rising's confidence is such a contrast to Briar's timid nature. Rising was probably Fogfern's golden apprentice growing up. She won't know how to act like a mentor around them, usually letting them do their own thing rather than trying to order them around. Meanwhile, Briarseed absolutely dotes on Cloudpaw, especially since he resembles Fogfern so much. Would Risingpaw feel any resentment about that? I hope they can grow as mentor and apprentice later on in the story, learning from each other and slowly breaking down the walls they've built around themselves. Or maybe they'll just clash more and more as the clan falls apart.

(And yes, I can see how losing Milktuft could be very interesting for Mistback's character development...)

@Rae - I'll tentatively reserve a rogue for you! Let me know if you're still interested in making one. PM me if you want worldbuilding details!
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby necrobinical » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:59 pm

Wahoo! Post up.

@selas
Oh, Risingpaw doesn't dislike Cloudpaw as much as Briarseed, but they still aren't especially friendly. They're just invaders in Fogfern's den! And since Fogfern is gone, it obviously should be Risingpaw's, but they keep that to themself. I would absolutely adore if like, something tries to attack Briarseed and Risingpaw is like oh no the hell you aren't Starclan, you aren't taking another medicine cat, and defends her! And maybe Rising admits to some of their shortcomings and fears and they finally get a grasp on one another's feelings and have a chance to be friends...
necrobinical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lights.Out » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:12 pm

@selasphorys
Iโ€™m totally down for the mudslide!
Also cool with any of my catโ€™s being injured! Obviously if thereโ€™s lots of other injuries in their patrols Iโ€™ll keep them unharmed just so that they can help the others out, but if thereโ€™s only a couple I might throw one of mine into the mix :3
Lights.Out

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachpit. » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:45 pm

*rubbing hands together menacingly*

i am starting on a draft post! it is quite late and i do have to work in the morning so it should be out in the next couple of days if not tonight >:)

also have been in an absolute MOOD for coding recently so i'm eventually going to recode all my current forms for rabbit, moth and goose BUT... i may or may not be brainstorming a fourth kitty to take milktuft's spot >:3

also risingpaw is such a cutie patootie i love them RAH

edit: my post is up!!!!, not as detailed as i would've liked but i was just too excited to get the ball rolling! i didn't want anyone to wait on me hehe
peachpit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby necrobinical » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:49 pm

Mistback will never recover, and neither will I!!!!!!!!

Amazing post, genuinely cried haha

I hope no one minds, but I am gonna reply to that Now because the feeling is still fresh in my heart of going Ogh Noooooo
necrobinical

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lights.Out » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:45 pm

Iโ€™m gonna get a post up at some point tomorrow, once I find time to finish my homework and stuff!! I was planning to work on it tonight but I got shocked by a power outlet and it kinda messed up my evening lol
Lights.Out

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me