Welcome to Button House (Discussion & Characters)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: Welcome to Button House (Discussion & Characters)

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:15 pm

Yeah, I don't know.
Its fine now, though.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grmlnbstrd » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:19 pm

Full Name: Neptune Tretiak
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexuality: Lesbian

Appearance: x When most people first see Neptune, their eyes are usually drawn to the odd and colourful clothing Neptune dresses themself with. Prefering the styles of the 1960s medieval revival or 1970s hippies, Neptune is usually seen in either a tunic of fantastical colours or a flowy kaftan. Their height is another noticable feature about them, standing at 5'10", Neptune is used to towering over most people. Their hair, a coppery ginger, is actually died from their natural auburn brown hair. Although it's only a few shades off, Neptune tends to keep it a secret that they're a fake ginger.

Personality: Neptune is a very ecletic and eccentric person, sometimes to the point of weirding people out (and from past experiences, scaring them off). They tend to be very protective of people close to them, being very outspoken about how much they care about their friends and will go to the end of the earth to make sure they're safe and happy. They love gift giving and to spoil their friends as much as they can. Because of Neptune's protective nature and general loudness, they are somewhat quick to anger, their short temper being their Achilles's heel.

Short Bio: After graduating with their degree in costume design, Neptune found an online "career" in cosplay and historical reenactment. Combing their love for vintage and historical fashion with their knowledge in textiles and sewing. After moving with their friends into an old house that had been inherited by Juliet, a close friend of theirs, Neptune jumped at the opportunity to help their friend get money. Offering endless wacky ideas on how to sell the house or what to turn it into, unknowingly sparking a one-sided fued with some other hidden inhabitants of the house.

Full Name: Agnes Saunders
Nickname: Ms. Saunders, Aggy/Eggy
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexuality: Lesbian (mostly closeted)
Date & Cause of Death: Approx. 1580, Sepsis from a foot injury
Ghost Ability: None/Unknown

Appearance: x Short and boarding on skinny, Agnes looks like a stereotypical peasant lady. Long brunette hair speckled with greys, frequently tied back in a bun or a braid and covered with a bonnet or scarf. Her skin tanned with signs of hard aging, dotted with freckles and sun spots. Agnes's favourite colour in life was red, so she's a bit happy that when she died she was wearing her favourite dress, layers of red and florals tied together with a simple apron and shawl.

Personality: Agnes's personality reflects on the life she lived, stern and fierce when she needs to be, but also warm and comforting at most times. To most people, Agnes is a kind-hearted woman who likes to see the good in people, but she's well aware on when and how to throw down if it's needed. Oftentimes the one to shut down arguments, Agnes prefers peace and quiet, and tends to get aggressive when people carry on. When bored, Agnes likes to wander the garden, she can be frequently found reminscing about her life. Agnes tends to take a liking to older blonde women, though she doesn't like to say why.

Short Bio: Like most peasants from her era, Agnes led a relatively normal life. Born in a village in the south of England during the reign of King Henry VIII, and the oldest of 6 siblings. She farmed and cooked for her family until she was 22 when she became a cook in the kitchen of Button House's (Bone House at the time) lord and lady. During her life she took pride in her cooking and baking, known in her village for making the best roasted rabbit and fresh rye bread. Before a particularly large banquet at the house, Agnes dropped a large and heavy sack on her left foot, breaking a few bones and tearing open the skin. She doesn't remember all the details of the event, and doesn't try to either.

Other: Because of her injury and cause of death, Agnes walks with a limp and coughs or wheezes if she has to carry out any difficult "physical" task. She also died barefoot, so she tends to avoid lifting her skirts to not risk showing people her foot.
Last edited by grmlnbstrd on Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grmlnbstrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:56 pm

If they're nonbinary, they're sexuality should probably be pan or something. I don't really know, how to do sexuality for nonbinary and agender has always confused me

Also, if they only use they them pronouns, I believe that would be agender. Someone told me, because I though agender and nonbinary were the same, that apparently they actually aren't and they called nonbinary a 'blanket statement' or something.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✭ ❝ workin' for the church while your family dies ❞

Postby bigwig. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:46 pm

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧' 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞
───────────────────────────

thomas hackney died at 21 cismale homosexual fc - hugh dancy
----𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝,

Thomas Hackney, more commonly known as 'Tommy' or just 'Tom' to his very few friends, was born around the 1st of March, 1920, and died on December 14th, 1941, making him one of the younger ghosts to inhabit the button house. In the beginning of World War II, Thomas was only nineteen, living with no family and no real job, and he was eager to enlist. His desire to join the Royal Air Force happened to coincide with them being in rather desperate need of pilots entering into the Battle of Britain - an aerial conflict the young man would survive only for his plane to suffer an engine failure only a few months later. The relatively inexperienced pilot was able

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
to narrowly avoid a fatal crash on the English countryside, but was seriously injured, hobbling a long distance to a nearby house, where he was taken in only to pass away overnight. Dying didn't seem to fetter the young man too much, though; Thomas was an orphan, unmarried, and had few friends, and thus felt that nobody was really there to miss him. Thomas is upbeat, orderly, and very much retains the attitude of a soldier, though he knows that the war is over. It could be said that he is definitely a follower, not a leader, and accepts being ordered around in a way that the older or more independent spirits don't. In fact, Thomas generally accepts orders without question - a trait which is a flaw as much as it is a good quality. He is rigid in his routines but not very stern with others, usually acting rather friendly, and above all else tries to be helpful to people whenever he can. The boy has been 21 for a little over 80 years, but seldom acts a day older than he did when he died - he is often naive, trusting, and remarkably unsubtle, often bluntly stating things out loud that get him into trouble. Thomas is also surprisingly optimistic, rarely letting anything get him down for too long, and is always occupying himself with something or other. He used to frequently tune or turn on the radio to listen to news about the war back in the day, and can still effect electronic devices in a similar way. Unlike some other ghosts, though, Thomas tends to be friendly towards the living, particularly young men and servicemen. His appearance is rather somber, though, with his blood-stained RAF uniform and hair mussed and matted with blood along the side of his head.
𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 '𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞. ❞
Last edited by bigwig. on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▶ ❝ video killed the radio star ❞

Postby bigwig. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:18 pm

-------❝ 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐫,

vincent savagedied at 34cismalebisexualfc - sebastian stan
--𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 '𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐰𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐫

Vincent 'Vinnie' Savage was born under the name Charles Merrifield-Brown on June 17th, 1953, and died the 30th of August, 1987, a little over two months after his 34th birthday. During the mid-to-late 1970s, punk rock was a new emergent genre of music, with the punk movement soon sweeping the UK around 1977; at the time, the man who would become Vincent Savage was a disaffected twentysomething with a rudimentary knowledge of how to play guitar and a fierce desire to stand out. So, he rounded up a few friends from the bars he'd played at and formed a small-time punk rock band called Violent Delights. Despite their humble beginnings, the group was catapulted into success, becoming a big name in the late 70s and early 80s. However, by the mid 80s, clashing egos had rent the band apart. Vinnie
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
bounced around between other groups before moving onto some moderately successful solo work. In late summer of 1987, he attended a party at the Button House, where he became unexpectedly ill, falling unconscious before going into cardiac arrest. His death was labeled as a non-specific 'heart attack', with no obvious cause, and has been a source of speculation among the public ever since. Vinnie himself is certain he was poisoned by a former bandmate who attended the same party - though even if he were alive, he still wouldn't have any evidence. Decades have passed since that night, but Vinnie is no less bitter and egotistical than he was back then. In death as in life, he is a particularly difficult person to get along with; Vincent Savage is arrogant, self-important, and could seldom care less about what other people think. He particularly clashes with anyone who tries to assert authority over him, as he is mouthy, sarcastic, and often enjoys riling others up for no good reason. He is passionate and headstrong, and deep down rather lonely as a result of his tendency to push people away. At first, the idea of being trapped in this dusty old house as a ghost seemed like hell, and a particularly angry Vincent made some enemies during this time. Nowadays, he moreso treats the Button House like his personal mansion, though still without much regard for others.
𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 ; 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐕𝐂𝐑... ❞
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:53 am

@SpiritStar - Please do not police the identities of characters. Nonbinary lesbians are a valid identity, as far as I'm aware, and using exclusively they/them pronouns is not just something for agender identities. This is the only post I'll make on the matter, as to not get offtopic, and will not have anything else on the matter. Take it to PMs if absolutely necessary.

@everyone - All characters so far are accepted! Very exciting to see how different they all are. I do have one more person who is joining, so I'll be waiting for him to get his characters sorted, then I intend to start the roleplay!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:55 am

Full Name: Emmett Brown
Nickname: Doc, Doc Brown
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Sexuality: Straight
Date & Cause of Death: 1976, Struck by Lightning
Ghost Ability: If a human passes through him they will receive a minor electrical shock on their back.
Appearance: See image

Personality: Emmett is what others would describe as a mad scientist. He's a very creative person, and despite what happened to him, intelligent. He mostly talks about things in scientific terms, however he doesn't understand many modern phrases. While in life he was very reluctant to talk to people as he preferred to focus on his inventions after he died he became more willing to talk to other people. He doesn't judge people based on who they are, rather their interest in his inventions, which he loves talking about. He also dislikes heights.

Short Bio: Emmett Brown spent most his life inventing things. Not great things, mind you, but he wanted to invent something revolutionary. At one point, he decided to make it his life's goal to invent the one thing no one had before. Time travel. He would work on this for many years, being unsuccessful for many, until one day, he slipped and hit his head, giving him a brainwave that caused him to come up with the flux capacitor, the centrepiece of his time machine. Excited about this, he then knew he needed a large amount of space, so he asked the owners of Button House if he could use their land to do the first proper test run of his time machine. Since he had built it into a DeLorean, he drove it up to Button House on that fateful night, November 5, 1976. He chose to do it late at night in case of prying eyes, however while he was announcing his creation and the first test to the owners of Button House, he didn't notice the thunderclouds gathering overhead, and right as he finished and prepared to enter his time machine, he was struck in the back with a bolt of lightning, which instantly killed him. He is conflicted in if he wanted to tell others the story of his death, so he keeps it a secret, waiting for the day he decides he's ready.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostlyhamlet » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:50 pm

res ghost 1950s/60s
ghostlyhamlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:32 am

I'm planning to start the roleplay soon, although I'm currently stuck as to which point to start.
1. Start with the alive humans arriving at the house for the first time, and then the accident(s) happen and we have a short timeskip to when they return to the Button House after the accident(s).
2. Start with the alive humans returning to Button House after the accident(s) so that there's no timeskip in-roleplay. Posts can still involve the first impressions of Button House for them (and the ghosts impressions of the humans), of course.

What does everything think?
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:42 am

Consulting_Angel wrote:I'm planning to start the roleplay soon, although I'm currently stuck as to which point to start.
1. Start with the alive humans arriving at the house for the first time, and then the accident(s) happen and we have a short timeskip to when they return to the Button House after the accident(s).
2. Start with the alive humans returning to Button House after the accident(s) so that there's no timeskip in-roleplay. Posts can still involve the first impressions of Button House for them (and the ghosts impressions of the humans), of course.

What does everything think?

I think option #1 feels more natural; it might be a little difficult to jump in post an important event although I can see how it might also be better for the human characters, so ultimately it's up to you !

also, I figured I'd throw it out there that if anyone wanted to discuss relations with my characters, then feel free to pm me or whatnot c: I thought it would make sense for the ghosts to have some established dynamics with each other so if anyone is interested please lmk!
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me