❆ Snowed In ❆ Discussion & Forms Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

❆ Snowed In ❆ Discussion & Forms Thread

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:18 pm

A Semi-lit Gray Wolf x Sled Dog RP

Back to Main Thread

IndentionWelcome to the roleplay's Discussion & Forms thread. This is the spot where you post your character form, respond to polls, brainstorm plot twists, read about optional lore, and discuss anything OOC. Although this is a semi-literate roleplay I hope those who are rusty or new to roleplaying feel welcome to join. Don’t hesitate to ask if you want writing feedback, tips, or help with coding.

Not required, but you can use these blank character forms below. Edit them however you wish:

Wolf Form
Code: Select all
[img]Your image url goes here[/img]
[list][size=85][b][color=#000040]name ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]gender ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]age ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]rank ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]family ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]mate/crush ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]personality ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]history ||[/color][/b] (optional) type here[/size][/list]

Sled Dog Form
Code: Select all
[img]Your image url goes here[/img]
[list][size=85][b][color=#000040]name ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]gender ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]age ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]dog breed ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]team position ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]family ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]mate/crush ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]personality ||[/color][/b] type here
[b][color=#000040]history ||[/color][/b] (optional) type here[/size][/list]

Please make sure you are familiar with the rules on the Main Thread before posting, thanks!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ Snowed In ❆ Optional Lore

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:18 pm

IndentionI came up with some lore for the sled dogs and wolves. If you're curious you can read it over. If you would like to use some of my ideas in your character's personality/history feel free to include in your character form.

Musher Info & Kennel Info:

IndentionAlthough our musher is lost to the snow here is his stats as well as kennel information. If you'd like your sled dog to share the same history as others on the team then have your dog come from the musher's kennel. Otherwise your dog can be on loan from another kennel if you wish a different history.

Mason Tremblay // Male // 55 // Adrenaline junky // obsessed with breeding and training the best long distance sled team in the world // not a cruel man but strict with training // long salt and pepper hair // grey eyes // smelled of sandalwood and sweat // tall and lanky

His kennel was Snow-blown Trails Kennel. Dogs bred from his kennel have MT initials in their pedigree name.

Dogs from Snow-blown Trails Kennel were trained year round with snow sledding in the Fall/Winter or cart sledding in the Spring/Summer. Dogs that preferred outdoor life were separated by gender, since the breeding lines were tightly controlled. Those outside had acres to roam and their own heated dog houses. Dogs that preferred indoor housing enjoyed the facilities for either the musher or the dog handlers. The male dogs were kept in the musher's cabin while females in the handlers' cabin. All dogs were fed on a diet of dry kibble but also occasional raw meat. This was to keep up their athletic physique. His dogs were highly trained and respond to traditional mushing commands such as hike, gee, haw etc.

Wolves Old Ways Belief System:

Some pack members follow the "Old Ways" a belief that each creature that walks the earth, from sparrow to elk, has a God or Goddess that governs their own kind. A larger than life spirit of that animal which insures its species thrives and follows the natural order. No wolf has seen these Gods/Goddesses, these beliefs are purely faith based and passed down through stories. Wolves who follow the old ways may conduct themselves more formally and carry more superstitions.

It's believed the first wolf was the wolf God Tikaani. A mighty wolf both wise and just. He founded the first pack and sired the wolves of the world with his mate, Kaya. The lore continues that the order of pack life was peaceful until Tikaani's younger brother, Amaruq, sought to be high God of wolves. Warring packs, natural disasters, any ill events are attributed to the spirits of Tikaani and Amaruq sparring for dominance. To walk in the way of Tikaani is to seek first peace and obey natural order while to walk the way of Amaruq is to strive for power and to bow no head to other species.

Old ways sayings:

"They walk with Tikaani" a wolf who is honorable and highly esteemed

"They walk with Amaruq" a wolf who is a fool or a wolf who thinks only of self instead of the pack

"May the God/Goddess of [prey animal here] guide our paws" a saying of gratitude so their hunt will be successful

"Tikaani be pleased with you" wishing someone well, typical farewell

"Amaruq accept you!" an exasperated saying when a wolf is being stubborn or misbehaving
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ Kallik ❆ Alpha Male of Black Mountain Pack

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:19 pm

name || Kallik
    name meaning|| Inuit for lightning
    gender || Male
    age || 3.5 years
    coat color || His main body is a light umber while his ears are a brighter cinnamon. His face and extremities are a deeper brown, almost black.
    eye color || Hazel eyes, mostly yellow with a ring of green around the pupils
    body build|| 2.8 ft at the shoulder, 130 lbs, well muscled neck, back, and hindquarters. A hefty male.
    rank || Alpha male
    family || Innik (Father), Hanta (Mother) (both NPCS), No surviving siblings
    mate/crush || None at the moment
    personality positives || Progressive, Decisive, Driven, Boldy affectionate
    personality negatives|| Competitive streak, Tactless at times, Internalizes anxiety, Too trusting some believe
    history || Kallik has been the Alpha Male for a short period, in fact this will be his first winter as leader. Still, he was a favorable Beta Male and the pack proclaimed their confidence in his ascension when the alpha pair retired. He comes from four generations of Black Mountain Pack wolves after all. It's true he's less reverent of the old ways beliefs, but with each generation of pups the ties to the old ways grows weaker. As leader he is proving to be a driver of improvements in the pack dynamics. This winter’s food stockpile has been the largest in years and neighboring pack tensions are at an all time low. If he can carry the pack through the snowed in months he is looking at a banner first year as alpha.
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ Venture ❆ Wheel Dog

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:19 pm

pedigree name || MT’s Adventure Awaits
    called|| Venture
    gender || Female
    age || 3 years
    dog breed || Alaskan husky
    coat color || Her base coat is cream with a warmer tawny color on all but extremities. Her ears are a vibrant ginger. Black fur is interspersed on face, back, and tail.
    eye color || Honey brown
    body build|| smaller than a Siberian husky, at only 45 lbs , her body is lithe and suited for endurance.
    sled position || Wheel Dog
    family || Unknown sire/dam but considers her sled team her family
    mate/crush || None at the moment
    personality positives || Grounded, Hardworking, Honest, Perceptive
    personality negatives|| Blunt, Prone to daydream, Over curious, Can be childish
    history || Venture has been on the sled team for 2 years. Once a team dog, she’s been repositioned at the end of the team thanks to her sure-of-foot grace on the trail. Unlike most female dogs at the Snow-blown Trails Kennel Venture chose to remain an outdoor dog. When she’s not training she spends her time roaming the acres of land their musher provides for his outdoor dogs. She’s always been enthralled by nature and can sometimes daydream when the view is particularly picturesque. Sledding is exhilarating, but she’s often wonders what it would be like to live without boundaries.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❆ Snowed In ❆ Discussion & Forms Thread

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:28 pm

Accepting members! Feel free to post character forms if you'd like to join ^^ apologies for formatting on the main thread for those who are on mobile.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

we grow with every stride

Postby avicularia » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:27 am

xxxxx 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓇𝓊𝓃 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁
┌────────────┐
Name: MT's Mahli Chaha
Called: Mahli
Breed: Alaskan malamute
Position: Lead dog
└────────────┘
┌─────────────┐
Pos: Quick-thinking, wise,
approachable, patient,
tenacious, adventurous

Neg: Competitive, dogmatic,
coercive, holds grudges,
greedy, sly, conspiring
└─────────────┘

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxx 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓁𝒹

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
        xxxxxMahli was born to Mason Tremblay, her mother picked for stamina and her father intelligence, creating a litter that would prove to be more than exceptional. Her littermates were sold to other sled temas, but Mahli was kept, as she had an innate ability to lead and the desire to listen to Mason's every word. Before she turned two, she was leading the sled team with precision and speed.
        xxxxxAround her owner, Mahli is the perfect example of a lead dog. She listens to orders and can almost predict what Mason is thinking, acting milliseconds before his commands. To other dogs, however, she is a militant leader and expects nothing less than perfection from her companions. If they put even a toe out of line, she'll be there to tell them all their shortcomings and shout them to the world, making sure it doesn't happen twice.
        xxxxxAs long as those she counts as beneath her are doing as their told, she's easy to get along with. Having been a sled dog for five years, she's seen much of the wilderness and has wisdom beyond her years, which she won't hesitate in sharing. She does everything for the betterment of the team, or so she believes, but would die before admitting defeat or losing her leadership of the team.
avicularia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:52 am

@avicularia accepted! Yesss, relieved to have a lead dog secured.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

this is your ship, and you are the captain

Postby avicularia » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:11 am

┌──────────────────┐
Name: Tikhon
Called: Tikhon, Tik if friendly or poking fun
Position: Scout

Main Trait: Encouraging

Positives: Upbeat, lively, trusting, faithful,
seemingly fearless, friendly, protective
of those that are close to him, gentle

Negatives: Evasive, rebellious, unpredictable,
confusing, speaks in riddles, doesn't follow
rules set by others, troubled, impatient

└──────────────────┘
xxxxxx 𝒷𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝒾𝓃

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
    xxxxTikhon, or Tik, as he is often referred to, is a unique individual with a mind on other things than survival. For one, he swears the stones speak to him, voices he believes to be Gods. What he hasn't told anyone is that he's started hearing them outside the cave. He tries not to let this upset him, but often gives into whatever they're telling him, often ending up in trouble because of it. Whatever his duties, he carries them out without any fear and often does things that come across as stupid for the bits of adrenaline they provide. Through it all, he remains a steadfast friend, always ready to provide a sunnier day for whoever is in front of him.
avicularia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:13 am

I'll update the ranks section shortly!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝕧 𝕚 𝕡 𝕖 𝕣

Postby Knives. » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:06 pm

-
-

┌──────────┐

v i p e r

[ female ][ 3y ][ lead hunter ]
· -- · -- · -- ·
a sleek, somewhat lithely built
amber-eyed female whose
coat boasts a variety of black,
gray, and cream hues
-—----—--—--
intelligence ▰▰▰▰▱
bravery ▰▰▰▱▱
honesty ▰▰▰▰▱
reliability ▰▰▰▰▱
extroversion ▰▰▱▱▱
assertiveness ▰▰▰▱▱
curiosity ▰▰▰▰▱
compassion ▰▰▰▰▱
spontaneity ▰▰▰▱▱

tracking ▰▰▰▰▱
strength ▰▰▰▱▱
stamina ▰▰▰▰▱
agility ▰▰▰▰▱
speed ▰▰▰▰▱
leaping ▰▰▰▱▱
swimming ▰▰▰▱▱
stealth ▰▰▰▰▱

-—----—--—--

└──────────┘

✻ name / alias most commonly, she goes by viper, though those who hold a special place in her heart are allowed to refer to her simply as v.
    ── viper, or “v”
✻ age viper is nearing her third year of age.
✻ rank / position she is currently the lead hunter, and she takes pride in being able to fulfill her responsibilities for the well-being of her pack.
    ── lead hunter
✻ desired rank / position viper is content with her current rank.
    ── attained
✻ appearance although viper has what some may perceive as a dainty, slender build, in actuality she is graced with an athletic and well muscled frame. she appears rather average to the eyes, though if studied enough, viper is a bit long in the leg. her mid-length coat is comprised of a lovely assortment of black, brown, gray, and cream tones, all of which seem to grow a bit darker during the warmer portions of the year. upon quick, fleeting glance, her eyes are a soft amber color, however flecks of both green and golden yellow seem to swirl around her dark pupils.
    ── an average sized gray wolf of slender, athletic build, with warm amber toned eyes
✻ personality despite rarely being outwardly rude or nasty toward her fellow pack members, viper does have a tendency to be quite introverted and can typically be found enjoying nature by herself. she has a deeply rooted sense of independence and can sometimes struggle in close, social situations. that being said, however, she is inherently trusting of her pack mates, so long as she hasn’t been given a reason to think otherwise. viper takes her responsibilities within the pack very seriously, and despite sometimes preferring to meander quietly through nature, she only will do so if she feels that she has provided enough for the pack. she is typically passive in nature, though she will not hesitate to speak her mind if the stakes are high enough.
    ── + independent, trusting of pack members, reliable; fairly eloquent and to-the-point, responsible, adventurous; self-assured, considerate, protective; dutiful, realistic, adaptable.
    ── - stoic at times, gullible, can hold a grudge; blunt, distractible, calculating; sometimes rigid and intolerant, cautious, inwardly quite sensitive.
✻ relations I’ll have a link here eventually, if anyone has ideas for existing friendships, past or current romantic interests, etc then feel free to shoot me a message so I can include it on her relations page ♥
Knives.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me