House of the Unknown (Discussion & Characters)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

House of the Unknown (Discussion & Characters)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:52 pm

Code: Select all
[left][img] [/img][/left][b]Name | Age | Gender | Species[/b]
[size=85][b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Powers/Abilities:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Short Bio:[/b][/size]

Notes:
- Reminder: All characters must be at least 21.
- Don't be overpowered.
- Any comments, questions, suggestions, PM me.
- We'll start when I feel like starting the roleplay haha let's see what the interest is.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Elias Fletcher - Human

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:52 pm

Elias Fletcher | 25 | Cismale | Human
Sexuality: Bisexual
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Powers/Abilities: N/A. Unless you count his researching.
Appearance:Elias has short, dark brown hair, though a medium sized section of it is white at the front - likely from a mild curse - his eyes are dark green in colour. He stands at about 6'0" tall, and holds a slightly relaxed posture. He also has an athletic build, with some muscle. Elias has a sharp jawline and a fair, slightly tanned, skin tone, and has a small scar on the back of his left hand, and another one just behind his right ear.
For the masquerade, he wears a vintage style, high-collared black patterned shirt, black trousers and a red, vintage style tailcoat. His mask is a red and black mask that covers the entire top half of his face.

Personality: Elias may first appear to be stuck up, especially given his usual outfits, but those that meet him will quickly learn this is not the case. Outgoing, friendly and curious, Elias is approachable and easy to talk to. He seems to have a natural, confident charm that makes him charismatic - though he's not particularly flirty or anything like that. Despite how open and talkative he is, Elias is also very secretive. He keeps secrets and information about himself close, as to protect himself, due to bad experiences of opening up to people in the past. He also doesn't trust easily. However, anyone that does get close to him will find he is loyal and protective. Elias can also be quite reckless and headstrong, diving right into action rather than stepping back to consider other options. He can also be rather stubborn, and doesn't like letting things go or changing his mind easily.

Short Bio: Elias grew up in a town on the outskirts of London. His parents were middle class, and both worked well-paying jobs - his mother a surgeon and father a computer engineer. He has two siblings - both of them older than him. Elias first took an interest in researching mysterious groups, legends and the like at the age of 15, after rumours of a creature lurking around the town started up. He looked into it, and though he was disappointed to find the rumours were false, found interest in the process of investigating. Since he was 19, Elias has been on the lookout for any sort of mysterious disappearances, legends, odd groups and central places of dark magic for him to look into and research. This took him to writing about them, publishing his research and notes - and results of all of this - in books that have garnered a fair following and some popularity. Not all of his research and experiences get written about, though. He is currently working on his third book - and he has a feeling this is going to be his most interesting one yet.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cedric Wicke - Vampire

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:54 pm

Cedric Wicke | Appears 24, was turned approximately 120 years ago | Cismale | Vampire
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Powers/Abilities: Enhanced speed/agility and telekinesis. His fangs are retractable, but tends to leave them showing when not around humans.
Appearance: His hair is coppery-brown in colour, and somewhat short and mostly neat. His eyes are a deep, foresty green colour, and have a slightly prominent shape. He has something of a broad jawline, with a little bit of stubble. He stands at 6'0", and has a stocky, muscular build. His skin is a dark olive tone, and seems to be mostly clear of scars or blemishes, with the exception of a faded scar on his neck.
For the masquerade, he wears a deep purple suit, with a matching tie, and a black shirt and pale silver waistcoat. His mask is a Phantom-style half-mask that is black with silver detailing.

Personality: Cedric can be a little overly-friendly and sly, to try and make him seem trustworthy before striking. He can be a little air-headed and insensitive, not really thinking of others before himself. He's not necessarily conceited, but he is certainly vain - if he could see himself in a mirror, he would look at himself all day. He's also rather secretive. He does have a more genuinely sweet side to him, though, which he'll show you if you're someone he considers special to him. If you are close to him, then he'll be incredibly loyal and protective - defending you from even other vampires.

Short Bio: Turned approximately 120 years ago, alongside his sister, Cedric and Lilith inherited the mysterious Grimwood Manor from their parents. It was a safe place for them, out of the way so humans wouldn't stumble upon it accidently, but close enough to a town so they could still get supplies (and unsuspected victims to feed from). Years later, though, Cedric and Lilith opened the doors to Grimwood Manor for other supernaturals to have a safe place to live and stay, whether permanently or just temporarily. After discovering that a group of humans intended to find the Manor and investigate, it was Cedric's idea to invite them to the masquerade ball that they were hosting anyway.
He tends to drink animal blood, though sometimes gives in to human blood.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lilith Wicke - Vampire

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:54 pm

Lilith Wicke | Appears 24, was turned approximately 120 years ago | Cisfemale | Vampire
Pronouns: She/Her
Powers/Abilities: Enhanced speed/agility, and invisibility.
Appearance: Lilith has deep, ashy blonde, wavy hair that is usually left loose, and reaches to her elbows. Her eyes are a matching foresty green to Cedric's, including the slightly prominent shape to them. She has a slightly sharper jawline and high cheekbones. She stands at 5'10", and also has a decent build with some muscle. Her skin is dark olive tone, and seems to be mostly clear of scars or blemishes, with the exception of a faded scar on her neck.
Her eyeshadow is purple and silver, and she has a deep purple lipstick.
For the masquerade, she is wearing a deep purple calf-length evening dress, with amethyst jewellery. Her mask is the same as Cedric's - the Phantom style half-mask in black with silver detailing, only covering the opposite side of her face.

Personality: Usually the first to approach for conversation, but not always with good intentions. Lilith can be sharp and confident, and doesn't back down from a fight. She tends to take the leadership role, and is not afraid of confrontation. Lilith is quite opportunistic, always weighing what the benefits of each decision would be for herself. She does have a softer side to her, but it will take some patience and understanding to get to it. She's also deeply protective of those she's close to, just like her brother is, but her loyalty and trust will be tough to gain.

Short Bio: Turned approximately 120 years ago, alongside her brother, Cedric and Lilith inherited the mysterious Grimwood Manor from their parents. It was a safe place for them, out of the way so humans wouldn't stumble upon it accidently, but close enough to a town so they could still get supplies (and unsuspected victims to feed from). Years later, though, Cedric and Lilith opened the doors to Grimwood Manor for other supernaturals to have a safe place to live and stay, whether permanently or just temporarily. After discovering that a group of humans intended to find the Manor and investigate, Lilith has taken it upon herself to turn the masquerade into a trap for the unsuspecting humans that Cedric has decided to invite. Human blood is always her thing - especially if it's from awful people that do awful things.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Xanthe Chicane - Mothman

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:55 pm

Xanthe Chicane | Appears 23 | Nonbinary | 'Mothman'
Sexuality: Androsexual
Pronouns: They/Them/Their
Powers/Abilities: Can change between a human form and a 'true form'. Causes radio interference with just their presence.
Appearance: In their human form, Xanthe has short, black hair in a protective style that is tied back, with an undercut, and their eyes are very dark brown - almost black in poor lighting. They are perhaps unnervingly tall, standing at 6'6", and holds a more rigid posture. Xanthe has a fairly muscular build as well, and keeps themselves well worked out, and has a medium-dark skin tone. They have a broader, yet defined jawline, and no particular markings or scars. They usually wear rather casual outfits in this form, with a 'signature' black leather jacket with the symbol of a large moth outline on the back of it.
In their 'true form', Xanthe takes on the shape of a huge, moth-like humanoid with long antennae, big dark red eyes and large wings that easily span about 10 feet when outstretched. They also have human-like arm and leg appendages, the 'feet' being clawed. They are covered in dark brown 'fur', with the fur around where their neck would be longer, fluffier seeming, and a lighter shade of brown.
For the masquerade, Xanthe is wearing an emerald green and gold hussar-style outfit with a shoulder cape, and their mask is in the shape of two, large green and gold moth wings over their eyes.

Personality: Xanthe is a somewhat laid back and confident person. Very few things seem to faze them, and they prefer to do their own thing. They try to be unpredictable, but this often turns into something that one would very much expect them to do... especially if that one happens to know Xanthe quite well. They might casually flirt with anyone, but will make it pretty clear that it's just for fun - they don't want to unintentionally string someone along - and will also back off sharpishly if the other person is uncomfortable. They are a very curious being as well, and like to investigate, explore and ask questions, sometimes getting to the point of being irritating, but they do mean well... most of the time.

Short Bio: Xanthe grew up in West Virginia, though they're not entirely sure how they came to be. A curse and amnesia? They don't know. What they do know is that they lived with a small family of powerful spellcasters, who were often working on some sort of spell, ritual or potion or another. It intrigued them, but were rather disappointed to find that they couldn't cast spells themselves... no, they had a different sort of ability. One that would let them turn into a giant, moth-like humanoid creature... and eventually lead to a group of four people seeing them one night. Despite this, Xanthe was taught a lot about medical knowledge and such by the family, and found themselves to quite the proficiency with it... but only while in human form. They've lived at the Grimwood Manor for a few years now.

Lights particularly intrigue Xanthe, as do humans - but they can be a little rough when it comes to dealing with both. They like to chase cars for fun, and accidentally causes radio interference in their true form.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: House of the Unknown (Discussion & Characters)

Postby General Chaos » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:30 pm

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

name // - Tisiphone
      nickname // - "T" (T-ee)
      name meaning // - Vengeful Destruction
      gender // - Female
      sexuality // - Unsure
      age // - Appears 22
      species // - Erinve
      outfit // - Masquerade | Everyday
      ---

crush // - N/A
      (+) traits // - Protective, Cautious, Headstrong
      (-) traits // - Jealousy, Vengeful, Stubborn

---

strength: ▰▰▰▰▰
      agility: ▰▰▰▰▰
      durability: ▰▰▰▰
      speed: ▰▰▰▰
      stamina: ▰▰▰▰▰
      intelligence: ▰▰▰▰▰
      bravery: ▰▰▰▰
      tracking: ▰▰▰▰▰
      hunting: ▰▰▰▰

---

Quiet
      Gold
      Water
      Fighting
      Vengence
      War
      Anything but men

dislikes

Murder
      Cheating
      Men
      Also men
      Mainly men
      Her father (also a man)

The Erinyes (Furies) were three sisters of vengeance and retribution who punished men for crimes against the natural order. They were particularly concerned with homicide, unfilial conduct, offenses against the gods, and perjury. A victim seeking justice could call down the curse of the Erinys upon the criminal. The wrath of the Erinyes manifested itself in a number of ways. The most severe of these was the tormenting madness inflicted upon a patricide or matricide. Murderers might suffer illness or disease; and a nation harbouring such a criminal, could suffer dearth, and with it hunger and disease. The wrath of the Erinyes could only be placated with the rite ritual purification and the completion of some task assigned for atonement.

Trisiphone is the eldest of the three sisters, often correcting them for some misguided quest they were on. Once her sisters were old enough to venture on their own, Trisiphone left their secure home to find something for herself. Stumbling across the manor she now calls home, she struggles daily to fight the demons of her past. She wants to be normal, to have a relationship. To seek love. Her heart has been filled with hate and vengeance for so long, she doesn't know if that's possible.

(In normal mythology the three sisters are Goddesses, but for RP sake she's just going to be another mythical deity. Think of her almost as a mythical assassin.)
Last edited by General Chaos on Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:43 pm

Ell Summers | 28 | Genderfluid | Werewolf
Sexuality:
Pan
Pronouns:
Any (was born female so maybe female more)
Powers/Abilities:
Speed, agility, wolf form, communicating with wolves, ears and tail can show or be hidden, swimming if the water isn't too deep
Appearance:
Ell is very pretty, with creamy peachy skin and full lips. They have pretty blue green eyes and medium lashes, as well as nice nails and fingers. They have long golden hair to their mid back. The hair is straight and has a part instead of bangs. They have a variety of clothes, as well. They seem to favor earthen tones as well as pink and shades of red. They have fashion boots, snow boots, shoes and other such. They seem to also favor cuter clothes. The wolf form is golden cream with white toes, chest and belly, and the same eyes. They can show or hide ears and tail. They also have an oddly darker face in this form. They are as different looking from their sibling as one can possibly be.

Personality:
Ell is gentle, loving, loyal, and intelligent. They're sweet, kind, caring, as well as playful. They can be cuddly and like to swim. They're bold, flirtatious, silly, and fun loving. However, they're stubborn, hard headed, wild and loud. They can seem cold if angered and withdrawn if upset. They don't like loud sounds, sudden movements, thunder or fire...They won't tell anyone why, and they also bottle things up. They don't always listen, are sometimes too quiet or too talkative, and might lash out.
Short Bio:
Ell was born twenty eight years ago, to wonderful parents in a small family pack. They were raised with love, with siblings the same age and younger ones. They were educated and had a great life. However, that all changed one day with a storm and a fire...They don't really like to talk about. They and Mystic got away, but never saw their family again. They and Mystic began to wander, to find a new home. They soon found Grimwood, and joined the other residents there.

Mystic Summers | 26 | Agender | Werewolf
Sexuality:
Boys
Pronouns:
They/them
Powers/Abilities:
Speed, agility, wolf form, communicating with wolves, ears and tail can show or be hidden, swimming if the water isn't too deep
Appearance:
Slender and a bit shorter, with full lips and pretty eyes, longer lashes and nice hands. They have creamy peachy skin as well. They have shoulder length ash blonde hair, also with the part instead of bangs. Their eyes are the same blue-green. They have freckles as well, on the arms and legs. They wear glasses, though whether they need them or not is anyone's guess. They have a variety of clothes, favoring stockings and fingerless gloves. They also favor cuter clothes too. They favor earthen tones as well as blues and purples. They have a pendant their mother gave to them. The wolf is a normal gray wolf with the same eyes. The wolf is smaller and slender just as the human form is, and ears and tail can show in human form.

Personality:
Mystic is sweet, gentle, playful and cuddly. They are intelligent, loyal, a storyteller and like to draw things. They are adventurous, silly, fun loving and like kids a lot. They will aid friends if needed, listen to others, be a shoulder to cry on, and try to help teach others. However, they're stubborn, hard headed, fiery and strong willed. They're shy, nervous, anxious and head shy. Like Ell, they don't like loud sounds, sudden movements, thunder or fire... Also withdrawn if upset and ignore others if angered or irritated.
Short Bio:
Mystic was born twenty six years ago to the same parents as Ell. They had older siblings including Ell, their same aged siblings and younger siblings. They were raised with love and care. They were educated and had a good life, until tragedy struck...They also don't like to talk about. They and Ell managed to get out, but never saw their family again. Mystic went with Ell in search of a new home. They soon came upon Grimwood, and joined the other residents here.

Leela Evers | 80 | female | Witch vampire hybrid
Sexuality:
Too old
Pronouns:
She/her
Powers/Abilities:
Earth magic (Wiccan) speed and agility, retractable fangs
Appearance:
Pretty but older lady with grayed out hair in soft ringlets to her upper back. She has creamy peachy skin, and pretty eyes. Her eyes are blue, but can turn red at times. She also has fangs, of course, but she can retract them. She has a witch hat but doesn't really wear it, not anymore. She used to wear it when younger, and doesn't wear the boots or gloves anymore either. She has a lot of clothes, mostly sundresses and sun hats. She seems to favor gray, white, greens and reds.

Personality:
Leela is a sweet and sophiticated older lady. She's had fun and good times in her life, and still will if someone asks her to dance or have an adventure. However, she's settled down, and even more so in her older age. She loves to be around others. That's why she lives at Grimwood with the others. She's stubborn, hard headed, strong willed and fiery. She likes to talk a lot, and that may bother some people, but can also be too quiet. She seems cold if angered and aloof if annoyed.
Short Bio:
Leela was born to a vampire father and witch mother (I've seen several things where vampires can have kids.) She was well loved by both of her parents. She remembers those days with much fondness. She was educated by her father. She also got to ride horses and see farm animals. She grew up and got married. She and the man never did have kids. She was fine with this, and loved the Siren greatly. She grew older and he disappeared one day...and she misses him dearly and now lives at Grimwood.

Ari Soma | 24 | Male | Human
Sexuality:
Homosexual (maybe crush on Elias)
Pronouns:
He/him
Powers/Abilities:
Nope, unless storytelling and art counts
Appearance:
Ari is very cute for a boy, with full lips and longer lashes. He also wears glasses, and they make him look even cuter. The glasses are blue framed. His eyes are pretty, heterochromatic, one being blue and one being brown. His mother always tells him how nice his eyes are to look at. He has golden tan skin and pretty hands and nails, as well as dark hair. His hair is wavy at the ends and reaches bottom of the neck. He has a variety of clothes, and favors crop tops and such as well as blues and purples.

Personality:
Ari can be flirtatious if he really tries, but he's still new to it. He does a lot of looking and gestures, and not so much speaking type of flirting. He's sweet, gentle, kind and caring. He's silly, fun loving, adventurous, loves water, cuddly, and artistic. He's also stubborn and hard headed. He can be shy, nervous, anxious and head shy. He can be wild and loud at times, doesn't like loud sounds or sudden movements. He's withdrawn if upset and seems cold if angered. He also doesn't always listen, and can be a bit aloof.
Short Bio:
Ari was born in Japan, but his parents came to America when he was three years old. They've lived there his whole life. He was raised with love and care. He has two younger sisters as well as an older one. His older sister helped his parents with him. He and Mari are particularly close, therefore. He got schooling and learned a lot, then went to college. His life was pretty normal, until he learned about the forest. He wants to explore it, and he's gotten a letter to a Grimwood Manor.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☼ ❝ you got the teeth of the hydra upon you ❞

Postby bigwig. » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:03 pm

─────────────────────────────────
leon argyris appears ~30 male chimera bi (male lean) fc - alexander skarsgard
─────────────────────────────────
Though he appears to be a man in his late twenties or early thirties, Leon (or simply 'Leo') Argyris was actually born somewhere around 2800 years ago. You wouldn't guess it to look at his human form, with its snowy complexion and straw-blond hair, but he originally hails from Greece. His human form is actually rather young, comparatively; he has only been able to take human form for the past five or six hundred years, being solely beast prior to that. He spent much of his life in Greece and Turkey, later traveling throughout the Mediterranean and Mideast, challenging would-be heroes and other monsters. After taking on his human form for the first time, he began exploring more of Europe, and eventually North America. His monster form is a massive beast which is part lion, part goat, and part dragon, with a tail that takes the form of a venomous serpent. All four heads (including the snake) can move, perceive, and even speak independently, but they share one mind. Large red dragon wings enable it to fly, and it can exhale deadly plumes of fire from the dragon head.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Leo is a difficult individual to get along with. He is unapologetically arrogant, demanding respect and being belligerent when he feels he is not being treated with the reverence he deserves. Leo believes that having survived for thousands of years elevates him above others, especially 'mortals', who he doesn't care for. Despite being essentially ancient, most wouldn't call Leo particularly 'wise'. He certainly values brawn over brain, a trait which has not changed much since he was spawned as a savage beast millennia ago. Only those who he feels match his strength and power earn anything resembling respect from him. He considers humans generally petty and not worth his time, and somewhat longs for the days when adventurous heroes challenged ferocious beasts like himself to battle. Even in his human form, he is very athletic and loves a good sparring match. True to this nature, he's not particularly good at solving problems without brute force. He could perhaps be best described as 'hot-headed', and is also stubborn and very much set in his ways, as happens over centuries of having one's beliefs go unchallenged. Leo is bold, outspoken, and courageous, never one to run from a fight. He does have a sense of nobility, but it is mostly fixed on how grand he believes himself to be. Morally, though, he is rather neutral. He doesn't really delineate between 'good' and 'evil'. In Leon's world, might makes right, and fumbling over scruples is pointless.
Last edited by bigwig. on Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:31 am

Name: The Butcher
Aliases: Caelan Blake
Species: Emotional Entity of Rage, often takes the form of a Minotaur
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: As the Entity of Rage, it's no surprise that The Butcher is almost always angry. However, he does have his calmer moments and can be nice if he so chooses. If he is calm, it's not hard to snap him out of it and return him to his natural state of rage. A word of advice, if he's angry, avoid him at all costs
History: The Butcher has existed since the beginning of the universe itself. He is the Entity of Rage, a physical embodiment of the emotion of anger. Over the years, he has seen many wars fought over somebody getting angry over something, no matter how trivial. As having seen millions of lives succumbing to their anger, there are some worlds and civilizations that worship him as a god. He has maintained multiple physical forms, but his personal favorite is the minotaur, as it resembles his natural form
Powers: Anger instillment, sensing anger, super strength, shapeshifting
Appearance: In his natural form, The Butcher takes the form of a massive red, demonic bull. When life began existing, he gained the power to change form, and can make himself look like anything he wants. Typically, he takes the form of the Greek monster known as the Minotaur. When in his Minotaur form, his fur is a blood red color, his right horn is broken, and he has three scars over his left eye. These features were actually gained from fights, and if he wanted to, he could restore them to their proper forms, but he sees his scars as proof of his strength.
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:17 am

Everyone is accepted so far!
I think we'll wait for a couple more human characters, and then we'll start the roleplay.

Don't forget to think about your character's masquerade outfit and mask! Descriptions for all of mine are at the end of the Appearance section for each character.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me