LAKECLAN - a new beginning - ACCEPTING

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

LAKECLAN - a new beginning - ACCEPTING

Postby endless shelter;; » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:14 am

a new beginning
➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
Few stragglers were left of Barkclan, a mudslide destroying their home and most the resident cats.
The living traveled to a new home, following the path that silverpelt laid out, the journey led to more deaths
and through the mountains where others joined tribes. Far past the mountains they discovered a lake. One of
the she-cats, Lakefrost, remembered of her loner life and living at the lake. She stressed that this was to be
their new home. The fish of all sorts, full of it and land prey.

After some convincing they decided to settle here and the surviving medicine cat discovered the moonstone
to receive Lakefrost's as she was the one to decide to live here and was the one to have the survivors settle.
She received her nine lives as leader of Lakeclan, in honour of the new leader and the area they now call
home.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
Discussion thread
Last edited by endless shelter;; on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

LAKECLAN - a new beginning - rules

Postby endless shelter;; » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:17 am

the rules
➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

- All Tess Rules Apply.
- This is semi-literate, write 200 words minimum,
- 100 minimum if having writer's block
- Fade to black on mating and kitting.
- Leave heavily detailed gore to a minimum
- don't be your own crush/mate
- do not fight in OOC
- when speaking in OOC, use ()s, []s, {}s, etc
- not a requirement, but try to keep genders even
    - do not roleplay another's character without their permission
    - do not kill another's character without their permission
    - do not god-mod, no mary sues, gary stues, ect.
    - remember, this is a realistic roleplay
    - one moon is twenty pages.
    - drama is encouraged, but don't go overboard
    - stay active as much as possible; if you have to go inactive,
    - notify me
    - do not double-post/spam

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
Last edited by endless shelter;; on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

LAKECLAN - a new beginning - territory

Postby endless shelter;; » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:19 am

lakeclan territory
➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

Near the lake bank there are trenches to defend the camp against flooding. The walls of the camp are made of reeds, native sedges and brambles.

When you enter the camp, on the right is a lower trunk of a tree which has been dug in for the nursery, which has an escape tunnel for floods.Near the back there is a waterfall in a small cliff like structure, where at the bottom is a cave like structure covered in moss and plants which is the leaders den, the top of the waterfall is called the high-falls where the leader hosts clan meeting and lays watching the clans. Near the entrance and an elders den which also is a burrow.
On the left of where you enter, a burrow of which warriors reside in, including and escape tunnel to get out in case of attack or flooding. There is a small cave for apprentices with a tunnel to escape. The stream from the waterfall enters the medicine cat den into a small pool, next to it are the herbs and then nest, at the corner there is a tunnel to get out in case of flooding. The fresh-kill Pile is in the center of camp on a tall tree stump.
The tunnels lead to an open area far from the lake, floods happen often at leaf-fall, and is much rarer in other seasons. The camp is located so close to the lake due to it being the only source of flat land. There is a birch forest nearby but there is no room to have set a camp.

The current season is leaf-bare. Cats are more likely to hunt in the forest; as the lake begins to freeze over.

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

prey and dangers

The Prey and dangers are from all over the world but yet they are here in a lake in the remote parts of Scotland.
*Only large cats or a group can take them down
** Can be killed as prey

P r e y (Lake) = wrote:Great White Pelican - {Uncommon} - |large|
BullFrog - {Common} - |Small|
Turtles - {Rare} - |Small|
Bitterling - {Very Common} - |Very Small|
Common Carp - {Common} - |Med - Large|
Great Crested Grebe - {Uncommon} - |Medium|
Green and Gold Bell Frog - {Common} - |Small|
Lake Trout - {Uncommon} - |Large|
Newts - {Common} - |Small|
P r e y (Forest) = wrote:Woodpecker - {Common} - |Small|
Mouse - {Very Common} - |Small|
Vole - {Very Common} - |Small|
Barn Owl* - {Rare} - |Medium +|
Rabbit - {Common] - |Small - Med|
Muntjac deer* - {Rare} - |Medium|
Falcon* - {Uncommon} - |Medium|
    P r e d a t o r s (Both) = wrote:(Dangers are creatures possible of attack,
    not certain of attack)
    Animal - {Rarity of appearance} - |Size| - Chance of attack
    Sharptooth (Cougars) - {Very Rare} - |Large| - Rare
    Foxes - {Uncommon} - |Med - Big| - Uncommon
    Barn Owl** - {Uncommon} - |Medium| - Uncommon
    Bear - {Very Rare} - |Large+| - Very rare
    Falcon** - {Uncommon} - |Medium| - Common

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
Last edited by endless shelter;; on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

LAKECLAN - a new beginning - allegiances

Postby endless shelter;; » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:21 am

the cats and relationships
➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
* = Queen, expecting or mothering

♂ male - ♀ female
Mentors and Apprentices;;
Ravenheart mentors Dewpaw
Iceflight mentors Howlingpaw
Sparrowface mentors Fogpaw
Aspenfur mentors Snowpaw
Russetpelt mentors Icepaw
Splashfur mentors Willowpaw

Mates;;
--- is mates with ---
--- is forbidden mates with ---

Kits and Parents;;
--- and --- are the parents of ---,
Leader (1/1);;
Lakestar - She-cat - Silver Classic tabby maine coon with green eyes - endless shelter;; - pg 1

Deputy (1/1);;
Ravenheart - she-cat - Black fur, blind, orange eyes - ~Atlas~ - pg 3

Medicine Cat (1/1);;
Blizzardleaf - male - chocolate siamese, sea blue eyes - Beguile - pg 1

Medicine Cat Apprentice (1/2);;
Orchidpaw - Female - Black shorthair with hazel eyes - y u c i f e r - pg 1
Name - gender - Short desc - username

Warriors (unlim);;
Pepperstep - tom - Black with a white tail tip, amber eyes - crash the mode - pg 1
Sweetthorn - tom - Black, small white chest marking, wheat eyes - crash the mode - pg 1
Sparrowface - tom - Chocolate brown with green eyes - Only_Sky - pg 1
Iceflight - she-cat - Blue lynx point, blue eyes - elementalx - pg 3
Splashfur - she-cat - Calico with green eyes - ColonelHamster - pg 5
Aspenfur - tom - Beige with light, cold green eyes - *~Blizzard~* - pg 6
Russetpelt - tom - Bronze with light, cold, green eyes - MidnightBlossom - pg 6
Name - gender - Short desc - username

Apprentices (unlim for now);;
Dewpaw - she-cat - a ginger, brown, white tabico, amber eyes - Only_Sky - pg 1
Fogpaw - she-cat - tortoiseshell angora with wheat eyes - Silk. - pg 3
Howlingpaw - tom - brown tabby, brown eyes - ~Atlas~ - pg 3
Snowpaw - tom - chocolate lynx point with blue eyes - ColonelHamster
Icepaw - she-cat - white with sea green eyes - *~Blizzard~* - pg 6
Willowpaw - she-cat - grey and white tabby, hints of brown, wheat eyes - MidnightBlossom - pg 6

Kits;;
Name - gender - Short desc - username - pg

Elders;;
Name - gender - Short desc - username -pg
Last edited by endless shelter;; on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 12 times in total.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LAKECLAN - a new beginning - ACCEPTING

Postby maid of time » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:11 am

o R C H I D P A W a P P R E N T I C Et A G S. n/A

She wasn't conscious of the surroundings, until she inhaled the cold air. Her eyes started blinking slowly, but repeatedly.
At first there were only strange shapes with a contour that was undefined and through which the sun managed to throw its rays. And as her eyes got used to the strong light, everything was now clear.
Orchidpaw was laying on the moss that covered the ground, her back stretched , her entire body forming a semi moon like shape. The cat's legs were stretched and her tail covering her back paws. The urge to yawn made her jaws open, her lips curling as she showed her fangs, the bright pink tongue rolling. As Orchidpaw closed her mouth, the left ear twitched for a couple of times.
She didn't want to wake up yet, outside was so cold.... wait.... inside was cold too. Well, she had to wake up for once.
The sun was reflecting in the cat's green eyes, making them shimmery and bright. As a ray switched its place, it made the cat abruptly rotate the head after where the new spot of light was standing. For a while, the juvenile only stood, carefully watching that spot of light. Her breath formed soft clouds in contact with the cold air.
Deciding that there is no need to just glance at the wall, Orchidpaw wanted to leave the den and grab something to eat from the pile of animal corpses that was outside. Only the thought of food made her tongue leave her mouth and clean her jaws and her wet nose.

The female's legs muscles tensed, as she raised her body from the warm moss, the legs supporting the weight that was standing on them. The tip of the tail flicked as the cat started walking, putting one leg in front of the other and so on. Orchidpaw could feel the cold and cracked soil that came in contact with her soft, black pawpads.
She let her body fall near the pile of prey on some warmed from the sun grass. The apprentice started rubbing her back on it and rolling over, enjoying the sun.

ImagexxxImage
───────────𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐚 𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐥───

⊙ gemini | ☽ leo | ↑ virgo ↷ ────] ☾

xyst (n.)
a garden walk planted with trees
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
──────────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[pm me]
maid of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venkos » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:38 am

//Silverpaw//Apprentice//Male//Crush: Open//Heterosexual//Location: Apprentice den/Outside//Tags://

Silverpaw awoke with a start. He looked around before he sighed in defeat. He had been having bad dreams for a while but din't tell anyone. He pushed himself up carefully, not to wake anyone. He noticed Orchidpaw wasn't in the den but he shrugged it off and went outside. He shivered at the cold, frosty winter air against his fluffy fur. He looked around, checking if anyone was there before lying down on the cold hard ground. He looked around and saw Snowkit run out. He walked up to her and told her to go back. She of course, refused so he brought her with him. He looked around once again and saw Orchidpaw near the pile of prey and decided to join her. "Hey Orchidpaw, how are you?" He asked, sitting down , but not grabbing anything to eat. He wasn't one to eat a lot, as he figured, others needed more prey than himself.

//Snowkit//Kit//Female//Crush: Open//Heterosexual//Location: Kit den/Outside//Tags://

Snowkit woke up excitedly. She was the only kit so she didn't have to worry about waking anyone up but she did get lonely from time to time. She got up, and ran out to be greeted with the harsh winds of a winter morning. Her brother Silverpaw came up to her, not looking very amused. "What are you doing? You're going to get sick! Go back inside!" Silverpaw said angrily. Snowkit rolled her eyes and said, "I'm bored! I wanted to come outside! Can I come with you?" She asked, so excitedly that she was almost bouncing up and down. "Fine." He replied, rolling his eyes. He walked over to Orchidpaw and Snowkit followed silently.
basically inactive
i use any pronouns (neos included) except it/its !
venkos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maid of time » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:56 pm

o R C H I D P A Wa P P R E N T I C Et A G S. silverpaw, snowkit

Orchidpaw could hear the two brothers behind her, moving forwards, trying to reach her. Silverpaw was slightly younger than the medicine cat apprentice, while his sister was only a kit, soon to become an apprentice too. Anyway, the molly knew that Snowkit would follow her sibling in the apprenticeship of becoming a warrior, despite the tom might no longer be one, but already a warrior when the younger would reach his age. Orchidpaw slightly turned her face, her gaze landing on the older one and then, her entire body facing the two.

As a response to Silverpaw's greetings, the she-cat nodded slowly and said:
"I am fine, thanks for asking. I just decided to wake up and head for some breakfast."
The female turned once more only to grab a skinny rodent. Leaving it one the ground, the medicine cat apprentice took a position close to the crouch one as her head started to lower. Opening her jaws, using her sharp fangs, the female started tearing the meat of the skeleton and enjoying it, purring as a sign of satisfaction. After a few bites the meat was gone, only some bones scattered in front of her. As Orchidpaw finished her meal, she decided to start a conversation before she would go to work, or until her mentor would wake up.
"Why don't you eat? You need strength in training and i am afraid that with an empty belly, you might just fain at one point. Look, a mice won't do bad."

ImagexxxImage
───────────𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐚 𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐥───

⊙ gemini | ☽ leo | ↑ virgo ↷ ────] ☾

xyst (n.)
a garden walk planted with trees
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
──────────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[pm me]
maid of time

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endless shelter;; » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:32 am

of the dead and
THE WICKED
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
We were born in
THE VALLEY
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
δ LAKESTAR
'the wary'

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
She-cat ; Leader ; 32 moons
Lakeclan ; no crush ; maine coon
Tagged; open
xxxxx=thought ; '
xxxxx'=talk

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
      δ As the frosting sky breathed into the leader's den, the she-cat woke up according to it's call. She shifts as the breeze pushes out she warmth her fur insulated. Lakestar finally opens her eyes, in the cave of the falls, listening to it's gushing stream as her limbs move to stretch and wake her. She keeps the colourful feathers in her nest lines, looking at her collection of animal skulls she found, knowing that in life, neither of them caused harm to her clan and back. She also had a collection of twoleg trinkets that they dropped, her favourite is a shell from the sea, spiky yet elegant. she turns to finally listen to her stomach growling for food. The leader leaves her den using the gap from the waterfall's fall on the side to exit.
      She walked to the wide stump that bestowed the fresh kill, and picked and old falcon that had rested for a while. She grabs one of the wings and begins to drag it along to the top of the falls, so while she eats, she can watch her clan. The lake may freeze often,
      and many times apprentices run off to go play on the ice. A senior warrior is meant to join them to make sure of the thickness being strong enough for the cats.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venkos » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:52 am

//Silverpaw//Apprentice//Male//Crush: Open//Heterosexual//Location: Camp//Tags: Orchidpaw, Snowkit//

The silver-grey tom bit back a harsh remark. He wouldn't make friends this way. "I don't need to eat like the rest of the cats here do. They need it more than I do." He said trying not to be harsh, with a sharp flick of his tail. "I'll eat later anyways." He said trying not to come off as rude. To everyone he just seemed like a boring, rude apprentice, but he didn't want to be viewed like that! He wanted to be viewed for his skill! He was, of course a bit rude, but it was just his nature! He couldn't help it.

//Snowkit//Kit//Female//Crush: Open//Heterosexual//Location: Kit den/Outside//Tags: Silverpaw, Orchidpaw//

The fluffy white She-kit rolled her eyes at the silvery-grey tom's cold response. She walked away and went into the nursery, bored. She lied down on the floor and sighed at her bother and how rude he was. She would never be like him. Maybe a better warrior, but never like his personality. Good! The fluffy white she-kit thought to herself before smiling. She had always looked up to her brother, and that would never change. He was a great brother to her, and even if he could be a total mouse-brain, she loved him. She felt something on her left side and she immediately jumped up, ready to attack. Turns out it was just a leaf. She sighed and laid back down.
basically inactive
i use any pronouns (neos included) except it/its !
venkos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:21 pm

xxxxxxxxSparrowface, The Charmer
            xxxxxxxxmood • calm | tags • n/
            A soft round shape lay still against the background of the camp, a soft breeze rustling the form's pelt gently,
            bringing fresh air directly to their nose, although the nippiness of the leaf-bare cold causing it to numb. The brown tom sat hunched up beside the camp wall, freshly woken yet unused to the chilly morning, taking shelter from the majority of the cool winds. His leafy green eyes dragged across the scene, watching lazily as the camp began to show signs of life with the appearances of the Lakeclan cats. The tom's thoughts began to wander, reflecting back on the past, when they had all been known as Barkclan.
            Life seemed a lot simpler then, the clan had been settled in their previous home for generations upon generations, so much history was in their home. But then, the mudslide happened, it tore their world apart, tipped everything upside down. Many cats were lost, friends, family. Everything has been quite rushed, with no home now, the clan had to seek out a new home quickly, the world was dangerous for a large group of stragglers who has no idea where they were. On the journey to this new place, several cats perished, and some left to become loners or seek out other groups that may provide for them better that the unknowing future ahead with the clan. The clan had been in this new places for many moons now, but for Sparrowface, it simply did not feel like his real home. Of course, his old home no longer existed, but he still yearned to feel the familiar ground, to wander without worry because he knew those lands better than his own paws. But alas, he had travelled with his clanmates, and settled in this forest,
            adopted it as his new home. Even if it didn't truly feel like home.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

xxxxxxxxDewpaw, The Haughty
            xxxxxxxxmood • calm | tags • Orchidpaw, Silverpaw
            " Nnnggggggghhhhh. " A long grunty sigh indicated the awakening of one of the cats in the apprentice's den.
            Dewpaw stood with her forelegs and chest to the ground, stretching her body vigorously as to get rid of the stiffness from her muscles, her fur sticking out in several places from her sleep. The tabico molly stood up properly and blinked her eyes several times, ridding her sight of sleepy fogginess as she inspected the den, noticing she was the only apprentice in the den at that moment. Sighing with content from her sound sleep, she trotted out of the den, squinting her eyes as she stepped out into morning light. Peering around the camp she saw several cats already awake and either eating or chatting. Eyeing Orchidpaw and Silverpaw,
            who were accompanied by Snowkit, she twitched her whiskers and padded over to the little collection. Overhearing part of Silverpaw's statement that he didn't need to eat at the moment, she smirked. " Of course you don't need to eat yet. The rest of us need it more, you are a kittypet after all, you're not as strong as us, we need the energy. " Flitting her amber gaze to Orchidpaw, she dipped her head. " You may not be a warrior either, but you're our valuable medicine cat in training. " The skin beneath her pelt fizzled with excitement, the bored young molly knew of the tom's short temper, and any opportunity to aggravate his seemed too good to pass up.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me